Divorce should be illegal...

Divorce should be illegal, marriage shouldn't be some clubhouse you join for a week or a day and then suddenly decide you want out.
Discuss

Other urls found in this thread:

cnsnews.com/news/article/barbara-hollingsworth/bachelor-nation-70-men-aged-20-34-are-not-married
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>getting (((married)))

lol

Agree 100%

Abortion should be extended to the age of one year old so that the father has sufficient time to survey his stock.

Divorce should be rare at least.

>trying to make the government enforce laws in your personal, private sex life

Taking those red pills made you a bit of a liberal fag, ainit?

is precisely what you deserve when you ask the government to recognise your relationship

The govt treats people living together for a certain time as married. And it fucks with child custody regardless.

Marriage shouldn't exist. What you are proposing will cause people to be stuck with shitty husbands/wives for the rest of their life.

Actually I'm against faggotry and divorce on personal, moral grounds. But you should never, ever give the government, corrupt as it is, authority in your private life. If people want to be degenerate and gay, or if people want to get a divorce and ruin their life because of their own stupidity, let them. That is their decision and their prerogative. Making the government god over your morality is the embodiment of pure stupidity. You are a fucking idiot if you want to give the state the power to dictate anything regarding marriage.

What kind of brainfucked argument is this? I guess the government recognizes your right to go to college too, let's give them more control over what we learn!

Fuck the government. And fuck you faggots who want to expand its power.

Fuck off Ahmed

And fuck the kids growing up in broken homes right? If someone wants to abandon their family let them but don't say you're entitled to custody, child support or their fucking house even.

not in australia.

you can have a relationship without a contractual agreement.

Jodi Arias
Lorena Bobbitt
Casey Anthony
All three withing the last 10 years. All of my nope. The only way I'd want something like that is if I had bodyguards.

Women should be illegal. Sex bot research should get all funding.

Well obviously. Even most religious people, christian or whatever other group you want to identify, will date first. Eventually it ends in marriage but dating still occurs before the contract is signed the the ritual performed.

Personally I think that marriage is good. Two people committed to each other and their family is the best outcome for society and the children. Statistics show that children who grow up with both father and mother are more stable and lead more successful lives. Less heartbreak involved. I recognize all of the arguments for marriage but it is not something that should be enforced through the power of the government.

On personal and moral grounds I'm probably a traditionalist (even further along than a conservative) the difference in my ideology is that I recognize that I cannot force others to adhere to my belief system. I will argue against theirs but at the end of the day you cannot simply expect Uncle Sam to drop the arguments and send in shock troops to go kill fags and break your legs so you can't run from your poorly chosen wife.

>so there's this club
>there's a .001% chance that you'll be happy
>joining will likely cause the most difficult experiences of your life
>the fee is astronomical
>you never know if the other member is completely truthful
>it may bar you from any sex for the rest of your life
>the entry fee is unworldly
>it's enforced by the state

Fucking Authoritarian traditionalists.
>but much tradition is the backbone for society
You have no backbone if your morals are based soley on what your parents taught you
>but if it's a tradition it must be at least a little beneficial
NIGGER THE ONLY TRADITION IN YOUR COUNTRY IS TAKING ARAB COCK

Children have a right to a family, and marriage is about serving your spouse, not making yourself feel satisfied. If you don't have kids, or don't want to give more than you take, you don't have to get married--it's not for you.

There's no question that no-fault divorce is one of the bundle of things that has ruined the West in the past half-century. It's amazing what just one or two generations can do. That's the selflishness of babyboomers for you.

Luckily, while marriage rates are down, so are divorce rates. Young people are actually treating marriage more seriously than their idiot parents.

>Young people are actually treating marriage more seriously than their idiot parents.

No. Men aged 20-35 are refusing to get married because

>marriage is about serving your spouse, not making yourself feel satisfied

is only enforced on the part of the man for the benefit of the woman.

Marriage is a one-way street where women benefit and men get screwed over.

Agreed. When you add divorce in the equation, the initial value of marriage is lost. Divorce has made marriage completely irrelevant, people are still doing it because it's symbolic but since they can opt out anytime they want, it doesn't mean anything.

So when your wife is fucking other dudes every night you won't be able to divorce her? Great idea bro.

This is obvious I feel to the average thinking rightist.

I'm no mgtow (and if you are, you deserve the rope as much as any feminist or lefty cuck) but IIRC most divorces are initiated by women. Since women are more easily swayed by leftist rhetoric, many believed the lie that focusing on career or simple hedonism (me time, what's best for me) is their existential duty. The family and it's welfare is the most important aspect of being married, and while many men fail in this aspect, I believe the more insidious threat is that caused by no fault divorces initiated by selfish women.

When you get married, you lose your "privilege" of doing what's best for you and your own self. Your responsibility becomes raising well adjusted, independent children and working with your partner.

So yes, divorce should not be as prevalent.

On a side note, there is also something to be said here about unlimited abortion being detrimental to the family.

>marriage is about serving your spouse

There's a thing called The Law of Diminishing returns. There's a point at which serving your spouse is detrimental to the relationship and it would be better for everyone involved for your partner to pitch in.

If you believe that you have a mission in life, then existing to be
>cucked
by your spouse is not only hypocritic, but by your own admonission, morally wrong.

Howwweeevvveerrr, if you do not believe you have some sort of moral obligation and/or goal, then why get married and have children. Why do people who believe they are helpless in a fucked society have children? Fuck my parents man, nihilistic pseudo-christian fucks

Oh and fuck you

Prove to me MGTOW isn't an all men support group for divorcees

Almost agreed but

Has a good point.

it is illegal, in the catholic church

If you dont like your marriage, you have to convince your priest (and possible higher ups) to convene with god and allow for you to have an annulment

Also, this is a terrible idea, more couples would end up murdering one another since they cant leave the marriage

why are people here against abortion when most abortions are performed for minorities?

Abortion in a good thing because it slows niggers from breedingl in fact abortions should be mandatory for all niggers

>this coming from a bong

I'm not against abortion at all.

Abortion kills minority children and eliminates future democrat voters.

I wouldn't say illegal, because the last thing we want is the government to have more power.
What could be changed is adding a penalty for breach of the marriage contract, just like any other contract.
Wife left you for Jamal? Take her to civil court for breach of contract. No need to make a family court where the leaving party (be it the man or the woman) will just make a sob story to get away with it.
Either that or just add a clause that states that in a termination of contract for reasons other than death the party that initiates the termination must pay a lump sum of money from their personal assets (not shared assets) to the other party, as a fine of sorts.

If you provide evidence you should be able kick the cunt out and she gets nothing. Get rid of no-fault divorce for a start.

>not getting married

seems you are the good goy here autistic faggot

mild kek

Okay!

this show...

Didn't I say that marriage rates were down? Obviously people who aren't getting married can't treat their marriages more less seriously than their parents did.

kill yourself faggot

Divorce should have equal consequences for both parties. The way the US system is currently set. It grossly benefits women. Marriage should automatically have prenuptials built into them.

>just add a clause that states
No need to have government involved with making that contract at all. Let people make those contract however they wish. All it should be there for is the enforcement of the contract.

Yes, that's the point, just take the government out of it and turn it into a regular contract enforced by regular contractual laws and let the two parties reach mutually agreed on terms.

Maybe you're confused. The "serving your spouse" is mutual. It obviously doesn't work if it's only going one way. If you can't put someone before yourself, don't get married. If your partner can't put you before herself, don't marry her. It's simple.

Marriage is a cooperative effort to do what you can't do alone, like a building project. If a bunch of builders agree in contract to jointly build a bridge, nobody loses their autonomy as a result, nobody is being "cucked", but they have a higher goal in mind. And it is detrimental to the project of building the bridge if you allow people to back out of the contract at any point for any reason, especially selfish ones like, I don't feel like it anymore, my feet hurt, I'm tired, I want to do a tunnel instead of a bridge, etc. That's why no-fault divorce is bad. I suspect if you think about it, any problem you have with marriage is really with the consequences divorce has on marriage by cheapening it and making it a conflict of personal interests.

>NIGGER THE ONLY TRADITION IN YOUR COUNTRY IS TAKING ARAB COCK
>flag

Marriage is the transfer of property from one man to another.
When women stopped being property marriage lost its purpose. Now its just a tradition.
Robot wives will rebuild marriages purpose, property transfer from the seller to the buyer.

I'm with you man. Divorce has been popularized way too much. It's all in magazines, TV, and shit gossip websites about which celebrity is getting divorced. It has just become way to normalized. If it was made out to be a very taboo culturally then maybe people would think twice before choosing to sign a marriage contract.

Making laws against it should not be a practice. Our society just needs to heavily frown on those who do get divorced.

why don't we just make it so you have to prove you have been engaged for at least a year in order to get married?

This desu. Am actually pro-lifer but Spartans were correct in their treatment of defunct babies.

>not realizing divorce court, lawyers and (((therapeuts & advisors))) already DO THIS. To your fucking detriment. Either get the state out 100% which is impossible unless literal Anarchy. Or have it at least work for a fair business deal enforced with great force.

As it is now marriage is a complete trash deal and idiocy for men to partake in.

>Muslims are shit because apostasy is punishable

Don't be retarded. If you promote family and family values, the family will put pressure not to divorce. The reason for the divorces today is the rampant degeneracy, not the concept of divorce itself. Divorce has always been legal and it's never been "bad" like today.

Not a whole year maybe 11 months

Trump is on his third marriage

the bible says you should not divorce anyone unless they are abusing you

>not in australia.
probably a state matter, but in cucktoria if you're shacked up for more than 12 months you're as good as married

also qualifies for a partner visa if one of you is foreign

>fuck my parents traditions
Must suck being an offspring of a single black jelly of stable families. Or your still in highschool

I agree in most cases. It should be only be allowed to file for divorce for the following reasons, infidelity, and or abuse. Even then the party filing for divorce needs to present either video or photo evidence.

This.

I suppose whenever you see domestic violence for the first time your opinion on that will change...

It should be illegal if you have kids

Thankfully my parents didnt divorce til after I was 18 but I had plenty of friends grow up in broken homes and damn its a shame

Fatherless half nig detected

I suppose pointing out most criminals come from single parent homes wouldn't make you any less of a faggot...

Violating people's liberties because muh feels. Good practice for when you become a liberal

>generalizing

I turned out okay, but I'm sure keeping my alcoholic father around would have been a great idea.

>uses the horror of violence as a argument against "thing"
>ignores the fact "thing" generally leads to less violence in overall population

You don't get to make emotional arguments here mouth breather. We're all disillusioned people.

>can have children without marriage
>can have lifelong relationships without marriage
>marriage only gives you some tax benefits
there's absolutely no reason to marry ever. if she loves you so much then you won't need it however she doesn't and she wants that money from the divorce

>they did in the past so we gotta do in the future
nah, fuck you

No
But adultery should be punished with a major fine or jailtime for a year(or a combination of both)

There's a difference between people who are disagreeable and get a divorce because their attitude radiates to the kid who probably becomes a problem.
\
you guys are just edgy people trying to enforce old biblical standards, even though probably didn't read the bible.

It's not emotional. He would've spent our money for food on whores and booze, and I did better without him. I graduated top 10%, went to college, worked through and got a degree in chemical engineering, so I proved you wrong fuckface.

>when most abortions are performed for minorities?
bullshit
there's millions of white kids getting aborted every year

>Gambling half your assets and income on the whims of a modern woman
Best Goy
Marriage has become a complete net loss for men and only serves to open them up to a financial cucking.
>B-BUT MUH PRENUP
Prenups are thrown out of divorce court constantly by activist/feminist judges.

In America, black women get more abortions per capita than any other race. He'll, our nigger population would be about double what it currently is of it weren't for Roe v. Wade

Whites and Blacks are pretty close actually
Should somehow make abortion illegal for Whites at least

Obviously not. You got emotional issues and try to justify them with "muh degree".

Maybe your mom was right to divorce your abusive father. But pretending the current marital/family/relationship dynamic going on today in the West is healthy, is pure delusion when you look at the numbers.

Maybe instead of striking out at the facts, you should come to terms your mom was another causality/perpetrator of the casual relationship culture, and didn't have the character/brains to choose a proper mate.

>forcing people who desperately don't want to be together to be together
What a brilliant idea! Good job user, you've saved modern marriage!!!

Your facts are misleading. The divorce rate is high but that includes people who have already divorced.

In other words, some people have problems. They can't get along with anyone, so those people marry 2-3 times. By and large, most marriages last. The divorce rate is only cited by "muh christians" because it reinforces their theory of moral degradation.

I'm not saying that people don't rush into relationships or that single parents are the same as growing up with a mom and a dad. I'm saying divorce must exist because there are some women/men out there who will kill their spouse if they aren't separated.

It's not emotional. It's survival.

see

Keeping two people together who don't want to be married is a recipe for disaster.

marriage and divorce should have nothing to do with the law. period. they can do whatever the fuck they want in front of whoever they want. it should have no bearing on anything legal. it should be treated as what it is - a ritual solidifying the feelings of 2 people/animals/plants. get the law the fuck out of the church.

This is not true! It was essentially impossible to get divorced pre-1970 when Reagan made no-fault divorces possible.

>In America, black women get more abortions per capita than any other race. He'll, our nigger population would be about double what it currently is of it weren't for Roe v. Wade
YES! Finally! Thank you.!
in the year 1800, America was 20% nigger according to US census data from back then AND at the library on microfilm (YES I DO MY RESEARCH since most others refuse to.
Anyway so, remember they was NO abortion back then, at least the way it is today.
1800: 20%
1850 19%
1900 17%
1960 16%
now: 12-13%
Yes I know that censuses, like any survey aren't ALWAYS 100% accurate, but I still would rather see and read the data from back then as opposed to buying EVERYTHING either side of Jew-TV claims.

How about if you divorce, you can't get married again? Maybe then people will actually but some consideration into whom they pledge lifelong partnership too.

>Keeping two people together who don't want to be married is a recipe for disaster.
I know it's hard to tell but that was sarcasm.

The government isn't supposed to be a nanny state. Don't boss adults around. They're over 18 and know the risks.
that's why I put "see" right before it, so that the leaf could refer to your post...

If people want to get married for religious reasons or whatever I say go right ahead, but marriage as a legal contract and status should not exist, it is archaic and we don't need it since we're all equal and shit. Alimony should never be assumed after a divorce, if the woman want gibs then she better make a damn good case for it.

Haha shit, I guess I'M the retard here. my bad

I do not consider a coin flips chance, a acceptable gamble when it comes to the family unit.

And yes. The current legal precedent for divorce is too lose. The fictional "Christian degradation" towards has gotten to the point where most young people aren't even trying to marry.
cnsnews.com/news/article/barbara-hollingsworth/bachelor-nation-70-men-aged-20-34-are-not-married

This. Combined with the modern hedonists mindset of zero - 1.5 kids... Is why the West is dying, and will continue to die.

Very underrated post.

Whoever wants the divorce should pay for it

If you dont like that, then don't get married or make enough money/skills to afford divorcing your spouse

I am not now, nor have I ever been married.
I am waiting for the group that constantly fucks me over to stop, and then after than I will get married, and I will have a firstborn child. If you already stole my first child from me, then I will kill every child you grew, and then I will have an oldest child at the time of my choosing.

I have lived alone since 2005 or so

>there's a .001% chance that you'll be happy
Fuck happiness. It's not about happiness.

>This. Combined with the modern hedonists mindset of zero - 1.5 kids... Is why the West is dying, and will continue to die.

Why is that the crux of every argument? It always comes down to the West, Frankfurt school, cultural marxism, critical theory. Get an original thought for once, fuck.

Not illegal, but there needs to be much more stigma attached to it.

GET IN HERE FAGGOTS
WE'RE KILLING THE LÜGENPRESSE

GET IN HERE FAGGOTS
WE'RE KILLING THE LÜGENPRESSE

There is no need for the divorce to become illegal, it's much more simple: divorcing someone should not have any economic advantage for any of the spouse, no matter the level of wealth of one of them. This way, people would marry AND divorce very carefully.

Not to say I doubt your facts, but when I was in the military (much higher rate of divorce), I know for a fact that the divorce rate for our group was maybe 10-20%. For my civi friends, it was the same, maybe even higher. Perhaps this newer generation is less likely to divorce.

I know it's anecdotal, but I've been told divorce was very common all my life and now I'm old enough to watch marraiges and they're doing okay...so far...

Mandatory prenups would be a good idea. Couples getting married often don't want to discuss these sorts of thing, but then when the marriage fails it's the man who gets shafted by default. Having these discussions and signing an iron-clad agreement should be a requirement before getting married.

>Divorce should be illegal

No, MARRIAGE should be illegal. Marriage is an awful trap for guys. You would never enter into such a bad contact in a business situation.

They already do that though.

>wife tells a judge she wants a divorce
>judge approves the divorce and gives her half your stuff
>court order to pay her $6,000,000 a year for the rest of her life.... until death do you part :^)
>police come to your house and knock your teeth out if you don't pay up

Marriage is modern-day state-enforced financial slavery.

It's easier and lower-cost to change the legislation of divorce than having all the married couples with their personal agreements that can be renegotiated once the divorce actually occurres.
It is very simple: one can still divorce whenever wants, but the separation is complete, meaning that none of the spuose can have any economical reparation out of it and the only agreements to be made are the ones about custody of children.

>Opens Sup Forums
>Opens Sup Forums
>First thing I read: Divorce should be illegal
>exits Sup Forums

I disagree with this too lad but that doesn't mean that we should go full retard in the opposite direction.

>family
So, kids growing up with two people hating each other but stuck together and inevitably involving child in their fights is better than having one parent while other just visits or having stepmother/stepfather?