Waaah I can't find a job

>waaah I can't find a job

bullSHIT!

Buy a pair of rubber boots, some warm clothes, go to Alberta, Texas, North Dakota, get an H2S and first aid training course and apply at some oil companies

You WILL make $100,000 your first year, and it only goes up, after a few years you will clear $200,000 easy

The oil price collapse caused mass layoffs and people left the industry, now everything has stabilized and companies NEED workers NOW

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=74B5kMLNd5Q
indeed.com/viewjob?t=Offshore Driller&c=USEPEC-Oil&l=Dallas, TX&jk=0102848a1990fb7e&pub=4a1b367933fd867b19b072952f68dceb
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I don't know man, Texas is a long way away and I cant swim

Go get a job in the north sea oilfield or the fields off scotland, even the UK is fracking now

The money is there, it is waiting for YOU

Seen this thread a couple of times. Are oil companies shilling on Sup Forums to find employees now?

It wouldn't surprise me seeing the massive worker shortage, plus Sup Forums users would fit in the oilfield it's the most right wing occupation

What is this, 2005? Texas oil industry has been doing layoffs since the Saudis undercut everyone years ago.

Who is pushing this pasta?

>go to Alberta
>2017
I lol'd.

I'm guessing that's a yes. Also how hard would it be for someone like me who has good references with some baisic first aid training to get a job in Alberta?

Also last I checked the oilsands were fucked

I worked on an oil rig after I got back from deployment for 6months and it was literally worse than Afghanistan

>being an oilfag in Alberta
lmao kill yourself you coked up faggot

>please come to Alberta

Ive worked in a north dakota oil field. Be ready to work 16 hours a day of heard manual labor

>Implying Albertan oil companies are hiring right now

top kek OP, excellent trolling skills. Southwestern and southeastern Saskatchewan actually are hiring though.

source: Closed a $225M+ deal for oil concessions the other day, feels good man. Can't tell you who for but it's one of many $200M+ deals in Sask as of late.

Yeah I did it for a year after graduation. Pay was great but fuck the sacrifices needed.

Bullshit? This thread is bullshit. if such crap was easy, I'd not be forced to acquire welfare cheques.

Ah, Alberta
The cradle of civilization

Get a job you fucking slacker. If Mehul the fucking cabdriver and Rose Juarez Juanita Carlos the III from Flipland can both get jobs, you can too.

Either that or gas yourself. Please pick one ASAP.

>making 100k a year
>while wearing rubber boots

I call bullshit

What's required and expected? I need work.

implying some skinny-fat nerds with computer related RSI could do manual labor.

>he works in the oil industry thinking it's big money

Oh wow, it's like a little baby with a big plate covered in a thin layer of rice thinking it's got a great catch.

200,000$/year? More like somewhere to sleep, some food, and 150,000$/year in drinks and drugs because most of the oil field pups I know cannot into building a stable future.

I much much rather those oil field workers make around 80,000$/year untaxed, and the projects they work on to improve their home country economy making oil cheap and oil goods cheaper. For some reason we pay a bunch of 'Hard Ass' man children outrageous prices to work double shifts so that they can finish a project where we essentially ship out all of those glorious resources for

I'm white, where I live no one will hire me worth a damn for anything.

Learn instrumentation and controls, go to a refinery and program PLC's

200k per year starting

Any good towns for this?

t. faggot nerd who wants to be redpilled by the oil industry

Nah, there is truth in his statements. Mind you those are triple lined, double insulated, steel toe, ultra grip, good for -100 degree conditions, with acid resistant coating.

Not the average run of the mill rubber rain boots.

I don't work in the oil industry, I work at a firm in Calgary. I grew up in SW SK though and from what I recall it's basically just H2S, coverall, steel-toed boots, maybe a hard hat (IIRC this is provided for you) and you're good to go working as a swamper making $18/hr+. That's hard work though. If you want to get an easier job like steamer truck driver and power engineer ($30/hr++) you'll need a few hundred dollars in tickets. You can do the courses in any city near an oil area (Estevan, Swift Current would work in Sask; Medicine Hat is probably a good bet if you're trying to find work in AB).

What's expected is that you are available at any time whatsoever during the winter, are willing to work 12+ hour days when required even if it's +40C or -40C, and sometimes will work 18+ hour shifts. If you're a typical NEETposter I would suggest avoiding the oilfield. On the other hand I've seen fatfucks and non-whites manage it before.

Also if you're actually on a rig, which would be hard to get into right now since the service rigs all have laid off crews, you will be ruthlessly mocked by Chads. Yell back at them or they will bully you until you leave. If you say shit like "you're so gay that if I pulled you out of a barrel of vagina you'd come out with a dick in your fuckin' mouth" they'll eventually start to like you (dead serious btw).

Which province?

kek this is another consideration. Don't spend all your fucking money on vodka and cocaine like a degenerate.

yeah but the ebil joos are keeping them down, user

I don't know. I've noticed alot of the same threads being posted. Either someone is paid to post threads here or some autist keeps a folder of thread templates.

H2S, Transportation of Dangerous Goods, First Aid to start.

Then fire off a resume to as many hiring oil and gas companies as you can. You can probably find work on a rig somewhere around here.

>heard manual labor

Is it very loud?

when yous tart you dont make that kind of money.
as far as i heard from people i know, you start making from 40 to 60k depending on what you get hired to do.
but most people dont stay long enough on job to get promoted.
because of this people trend to get a better pay and a promotion if they stick around for long enough.
the regular is 1 to 2 years.
so if you got the balls. and you are a good worker, in 1 to 2 years you can get promoted and start earning the 100k or more.
it all depends on your position once again.
but its not that hard. you just gotta stick around,
hope this post was informative.
Fare wall cowboys, see you in space.

BC, I live in the capital, sadly.

I've been doing this since July. I'm still on NEETbux. Thanks Trudeau. Thanks Notley.

t. Dunlop CEO who is also heavily invested in an oil ETF

I would do it.

I want to leave university. I hate it.

I would like to be a park ranger or game keeper as well.

What exactly do you do in these oil jobs?

>Either someone is paid to post threads here or some autist keeps a folder of thread templates.
My cynicism makes me inclined to assume the former.

Fuck off we're full.

T. Albertan working in oil & gas

Manual labor for a lot of hrs so i heard, but you usually end up clearing 100k (USD) a year easy

I'd do it if they had any oil fields up where I live

Well if you're poor and in BC that makes it a bit tougher, user. However, if you're white then come to AB instead of British China. Save your NEETbux until you can take some courses on a weekend and get what this user mentioned:
Then after that I'd apply to places in AB and if you get a job buy a bus ticket out. A lot of companies are still paying for room and board and most will cover the first 2 weeks of rent at a hotel/motel up front. Try applying as far as Saskatchewan and if you get an interview basically tell them what you told me.

>"Hey so I have no experience but I'm in fucking dire need of a job, man. I have my tickets and if I come out there I'm not going back. Hire me and I'll happily move, fuck BC."

Most of the guys in charge of hiring are blue collar as fuck and just looking for hardworking people who won't quit and aren't degenerates (and/or can keep their degeneracy under wraps). Don't do it if you're a pussy though, you'll get BTFO. I don't mean that in a confrontational way, but seriously.

as i stated before, it all depends on what you get hired to do.
you can be in the team that builds the Fraking towers.
ot if you have experiece with electornics, you can be the one seting up all the controllers, and sensors.
or you can be the one that does the perforating with the other dudes.
it all depends. but once again its very hard work.
if you never done long shifts for weeks every day. you will not last long.

>LOOK MA I POSTED IT AGAIN

Thats actually awesome.

I have a feeling trade school jobs and general craftsmen jobs will see a giant rise in respect in the coming time.

>$100,000 a year

Lies. I worked in the oil field. You won't make that your first few years. Especially now with so many experienced people up there. Even if you have a CDL.

Between the slow periods you probably won't make much more than 70k a year.

And if you're new to the oilfield, you're not going to get hired on at a good company unless you have some nepotism going for you. I hope you like driving 16 hours a day illegally with an overweight load with illegal drivers logs on 3 hours of sleep.

>16 hours

I did frac and I'm not even kidding a 24 hour work day wasn't even uncommon.

THATS IT! Drumpf is finished ahahaha. All it took were some wittle bitty rubber boots to knock down youre precious cheeto.

The reason they pay so much is because it's in the middle of nowhere and your living expenses are outrageous.

Where in Texas I am in Lubbock area atm and not many oil jobs here except for Loading and Unloading Sands with trucks... Subcontracted... But If there is a rig nearby I'm investing in boots and I'm ready for that kind of moneys

Who exactly do I send my resume to?

>move to where the jobs are, goy :^)

Too bad neither the US nor Canada will take white europeans out of work like me for these jobs. I'd work long shifts, I don't care as long as I get paid and have good internet in my spare time.

I used to drink a lot, and oil workers would always be in the bar. I got job offers left and right simply by doing shots with managers. Obviously this is hard advice if you're a nerd or introvert (I am too tbqh) but if you live in an area with oil jobs it's usually not too hard to tell who works rigs and to get connections. Maybe it's different in America, but my firm does business with North Dakotans and Montanans a lot and they're basically identical to Albertans and Saskatchewanians so far as I can tell.

Has a day gone by where you haven't sucked a dick?

KYS, rust skin.

God bless your advice, fellow syrup bro. I'm going to save this info and finally pull my shit life out've the gutter, thanks for giving me the break I need.

t. poor white canuck

You won't make shit in Texas. Those guys make like $12/$14 an hour.

ND is highest paying state. I hope you like working outside 16 hours a day when it's -50 degrees outside.

i fucking love working in a "trade" field. work's somehwat slow right now, but i genuinely look forward to working the next day every day. i'm so fucking glad i didn't go into CS as i orig. intended

Everything that keeps me from thinking is welcome.

I think my problem is that I think in my freetime so much about philosophy and politics that it drives me insande to study it as well (law)

I don't believe you.
The internet tells me that all the jobs are specialized, requiring a college degree, and that the specialty jobs get 100k.

I don't believe you.

It's not hard to get a job, that's not what I said.

I said it's hard to get a good job with consistent hours that pays good where you're not constantly doing illegal shit.

Even the good companies like Schlumberger Or Baker Hughes have slow periods

>go to Alberta
Fuck off, I ain't going to your piece of shit failing economy.

>I hope you like driving 16 hours a day illegally with an overweight load with illegal drivers logs on 3 hours of sleep.
I actually currently do this for fun in my spare time, where can I apply and start making money doing my fun hobby?

Kinda figured we have to many damn illegals down here to make that kind of money for general oil labor work

nice, what exactly do you do?

>please come to these right wing areas and ruin them whatever poor minority faggot is listening

that is a lie. they do hire whites. but if they gotta import you from Sweden when they have 40 dudes waiting in line for the same position, then good luck pal.
if you dont have an important trait like engeneering etc you would not get imported. and even if you have such degree its going to be hard.

>Canada

youtube.com/watch?v=74B5kMLNd5Q

Do you hire niggers?

Pls I need a job cause I fell for the STEM meme and can't find work with my CS degree :(

You won't make 100k unless you're a supervisor - minimum 5 years experience from most of the sups I knew. Or unless you have some really good friends in upper management. Or unless you have a really good engineering degree.

The only guy I knew that came in as one of the office managers had a master's degree in business from a really good school.

If you have lots of experience then yeah you can make a shit ton of money. But who wants to work 90 hours a week for 10 years straight. Or if you're an engineer, but if you're a good engineer you can make 100k nearly anywhere.

Crescent Point just completed a $200+ million dollar deal. I also know of two other firms with similar deals as of late but I can't reveal the names because of client confidentiality etc. Just google "Albertan energy oil&gas hiring" or something like that and send resumes to every single fucking one. I'm not certain if Crescent Point is hiring or not since they had laid off a lot of their workers before and are probably just re-hiring right now. Still worth a shot. Keep in mind that there are also jobs at conversion plants which don't require much education (Shell, Suncor, Syncrude, etc etc).

My apologies, Ameribro. I have been drinking a bit and must have misread.

You're welcome user. Like I said it's hard work but if you can manage it you will not regret it, it's a great way to pull a life together. I know a lot of guys who have done literally exactly what you're hoping to do (most of them are Newfies who said "fuck being poor" and left). It's certainly possible. Oh, also if you manage to last 3 - 5 years (hard to do but possible, you basically have to work hard straight through the whole time) you can get a really decent job like consultant where you basically sit in a shack for 12 hours and make six figures per year. kek

I use to make 42/hr on the Alberta oil fields working at Tim Horton's as a forklift welder.
I had to give it up cause of health reasons. Health over wealth eh?
I know plenty of lads at Tim Horton's and they're always hiring.

Where do you live? I thought CS was the only field left where people can find jobs?

Welders make good money up there that's true

But once again these are all specialized fields that are paying decent

Chances are if you had the cash to become specialized in the first place you wouldn't need to go to the oil fields to begin with.

na im native I get hired no matter what whenever I apply and then I just stop going after while and when I feel like going to a new job I go whenever I want.

>$100,000 your first year

and pay $5k a month in rent for half a single-wide trailer?

fuck that noise

>they thing google it
>I can't name.names
> they might not be hiring be try anyways
>I'm drunk

LEL
WTF?

Don't listen to this lush

Can I do this while being homeless?

>This thread again
BULLSHIT

Show me where in alberta on indeed jobs theyre hiring for instrument techs!!!!

Here's one... If you're willing to work on an offshore oil rig you oily bastards

indeed.com/viewjob?t=Offshore Driller&c=USEPEC-Oil&l=Dallas, TX&jk=0102848a1990fb7e&pub=4a1b367933fd867b19b072952f68dceb

Can even wash dishes for like 70k a year if you want or cook food lol

Cost me 200K to get my Tim Horton's forklift welding license but I had thst obey easily saved fromy part time summer job o had during high school.
Forklift welder is highly specialized and only the top dog makes it

You're probably not going to get hired for that unless you know someone that works there

Sup Forums users are mostly weak, over weight, beta males though. Not cut out for such a job

Yea fucking right it's 40 000$ starting as a first year and you'll cap out at around 110 000$ a year

He posts it all the time.

God knows why.

I have family in Williston ND. The oil boom completely destroyed the town. Every ex con and sleaze bag from across the country came to work/sell drugs/pimp/whatever.

It's overwhelmed, under policed and a complete mess. Yeah, your making a decent salary but your also paying Manhatten level living expenses to live in a tiny shithole with scumbags and the worst weather in the country.

Eh, it depends. A friend of mine managed to get a friend of his to take him on as an apprentice and became an instrumentation tech. Last I heard from him, he made $140,000 in a year, and his education had basically been free since he was getting paid and only had to go to school for maybe 1 month per year (3 years in a row). Unfortunately instrumentation tech careers are in the shitter right now or I'd be recommending that to anyone with a decent level of intelligence. Petroleum Engineer careers are still plausible, but they take a bit more effort and wealth to get since you actually have to go to school for it full time for a few years.

Welding is almost guaranteed to be a decent choice, especially if you're smart and use your pay to buy a welding truck and start your own contracting business. Even in an economic downturn, a welding contractor should be able to find work. If not oil and gas work then you can just pack up and do construction for a bit.

Listen, you non-reading subhuman, if you couldn't gather it from the obvious hints I work at a large national law firm with a Calgary office. I know this might be beyond your comprehension but we are not allowed to name the parties to securities or acquisitions deals before they're announced. If you weren't a namefag nigger you would be able to confirm everything I said within 30 seconds. Also I said "drinking", not drunk. My grammar is still far better than yours (since I'm actually white) :^)

Depends on the province.

>I thought CS was the only field left where people can find jobs

That's a meme, they just hire Indians for pennies on the dollar of what a citizen would be willing to work for.

Nigger what the fuck are you talking about. I have a jman red seal in welding and I can't find work in the oil field, there unemployment rate is 9% here fr christ sake, why would they hire an immigrant over a local guy anyway you retard. Don't give these people false hope

>Greasy rig pig
no thanks

He's drunk
He is telling people to google a certain company cause they are hiring, then says they might not be.
Then says other companies are hiring but he can't name then.
Then says he's drunk.

This is exactly how all these manual-labour threads sound.

Albertan here, our job market is dry. Keystone might change that in a few months though

Now he's a lawyer
LEL
Go to bed user, you're drunk

But none of that matters because housing in boomtowns is still pants on head retarded extortion.

I dunno, NZ is pretty far away from these places

What is H2S cert?

Is there anything besides greasy as fuck oil work to make a living as a blue collar worker unless you own your own business? For God's sake... fuck the baby boomers lol

It's funny you say that. Better never move to the city. Williston is a quiet town. If you think Williston is a shit hole I'd like to see you live in places like Miami or Seattle.

I noticed after oil prices tanked pretty much every boom town in ND dried up and even the gas stations started closing at 9pm again. Investors were so fucking stupid all they did was keep building apartments and didn't concern themselves with any industry to sustain the population when the oil industry would inevitably go bust.

What if you have 2 DUI misdemeanor charges cause you're a faggot alcoholic
(Sober 13 months now though)

I heard you can't get into this with DUI charges

H2S (Hydorgen SulfidE) is a gas that can kill you and most employers will still make you work in that shit anyways. If you complain to a higher up then I hope you like getting your hours cut.

Paid recruiter maybe.
They charge $5000 for all the courses, a practice interview and a hotel room for a couple nights.then you're on your own.
LEL
They have adds all over job sites advertising oil field training.