Without memes, can you tell me why you don't believe in God?

Without memes, can you tell me why you don't believe in God?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Sa0EtdtPi8w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Fuck off christcuck
Pol is a Hindu board

Many Hindus believe in God and accept Jesus

What has gotten Hindu you! This is a Budda Positive Place!

God is the one you find for yourself. Ascend to the higher realm and you will find your spirit guru.

Why should I?

Hindus believe we are all God ...
Jesus knew it too but couldn't explain it properly

That wasn't the question. You're disingenuous.

I don't see any reason to believe in god

It makes absolutely no fucking sense. That's why I don't believe in god.

you shouldn't

Have you spent significant time in disciplined study of the best theological and philosophical thinking that is relevant?
For example, how many serious historical examinations of the evidence for the resurrection of Christ have you read and then read qualified responses to?

I just want you to know that Joseph's wife's son (from another relationship) loves you

Amen

I can't trust in anything that I can not perceive with at least one of my five senses. If I experienced but one of those things, I would consider that proof enough, but as it stands, I haven't any.

I believe in the possibility of A god, just not as most people know him I suppose. I have no evidence for, or against.

What does that have to do with anything

I believe in god(s)

it's just figuring out which god is the true god

Which of your five senses led you to that perfectly abstract conclusion?

Honestly. How can we answer anything without memes?

there is no evidence that gods exist

There's no reason to.
Why don't you believe I own a Gurley pet. Same thing: nobody's gonna believe some dumbass shit you made up.
>best theological... thinking
That's funny.
>serious historical examinations of the evidence for the resurrection of Christ
There isn't any.

If you don't see the relevance then you are not equiped with the knowledge to make any meaningful judgement on the subject let alone a correct one.

>can you tell me why you don't believe in God?
No. I don't give a shit about reasons or evidence, and take my atheism on faith, because religion is for gullible women.

It wasn't any of the senses, but the lack of input to any of those senses. I haven't been able to smell, see, hear, touch, or taste God.

There is no scientific evidence to prove he exists, that's the only reason for me
>b-b-but look at these coincidences!
>but science can't explain X so God is the answer

So why don't you tell me about the relevance of it

>serious historical examinations of the evidence for the resurrection of Christ
Got anything else other than hearsay and documented rumors of ancient times sandniggers?

Who is the historian that you feel gives the best dismantling of the orthodox Christian interpretation of the available historical evidence?

POO

Well then redefine God as everything that is, and suddenly you would believe in God.

God is infinitely everything and both nothing. It's a bit of a paradox. We are all essentially "God."

So everything you see, touch, taste, hear, and smell is God.

Bart Ehrman

The Christian "god", who's followers insist must have "His" ego stroked constantly by being praised and worshiped, is far too petty and narcissistic to be worthy of my recognition. That goes for many other supposed "gods" as well. Why would such a superior, and all-powerful creator care what it's creations think of it? If your answer is because "we are his children", then I ask: Why would you honor such a negligent and incompetent parent? When these people speak to "god" they are speaking to an aspect of their own mind, often placed there by other humans attempting to exploit them. The "Ten Commandments" are not the laws of any powerful god, they are obviously guidelines created by men for other men to follow. The only laws worthy of a real god are the laws of physics.

no proof.

If you don't know what the known historical facts are concerning the historicity of Jesus of Nazereth and the circumstances of his life and death then you can't make an evaluation on whether it is personally convincing evidence for the existence of God, satisfying a greater threshold of likelihood than any competing interpretation of the same data.

I suggest starting with any decent work on the subject and letting that be your analytical starting place.

I suggest 'More than a Carpenter' by Josh McDowell.

I just don't feel a spiritual connection to the idea of god. I can't find catharsis in such an archaic construction.

In the other hand science and technology is something that I can daydream and wouldn't be (entirely) wrong about.

As for escapism, Memes it's where it's at...if you think about it, all religions and cosmogonies are but very elaborated memes.

Ha!

Which explanation for the empty tomb do you think is most reasonable?

I've never experienced for myself any evidence that God exists. Studying texts and philosophical ideas about God aren't tangible evidence. I'm not opposed to the idea, I've just never had an experience that I could contribute to the supernatural, and I won't change my mind until God personally reveals himself to me. The concept of faith is a money scam that I'll have no part of. What qualifies any living person to tell another person what happens after they die?

Unfortunately that's just not good enough for me. I'm happy to let others have it, but I don't believe in anything that I cannot perceive without mental gymnastics. I'm not trying to say that one has to in order to believe, but I would have to, and I have other things to expensive my energy on than a god who I cannot say with personal certainty that he is there.

*expend, rather

In my opinion, his disciples took the eucharist literally and ate his corpse.

Most Christians worship a twisted conception of God, I don't blame you for sticking to your god given gut and seeing the lie for what it is. We're made in the image of God, and our free will is divine, God didn't make us to be slave robots

Read Aquinas.

I don't know which one I should believe in or if it's more than one.

I'm enlightened by my own intelligence therefore I'm in no need of phoney >>g

Kek is the only god

Human beings from the beginning of time have needed spiritual fulfilment. The earliest cave paintings are expressions of spirituality. It is something that we all have user.

>Without memes
But user, God IS a meme, it fully checks the definition.

First mover. Aquinas settled this 700 years ago.

Don't make me puke.

God is an almighty spiritual being that is both omniscient and omnipresent.

God doesn't ask us to be worshiped. We worship him because he has given us life. He has given us the world.

If your neighbour clothes and feeds you would you not thank him?

dubs
no but seriously orthodox Christianity is the only way

So 11 dispirited, untrained individuals overcame their reasonable fears let alone the soldiers guarding the tomb and were then willing to die for asserting the literal and physical resurrection of a guy who they knowingly ate? And not one of them ever seemingly disclosed the truth and the conspiracy has never been revealed?

What about the ideologically hostile individuals (such as Saul of Tarsus and James the brother of Christ) who became convinced of the truth of the claim?

The reason we exist is to glorify Him. All mankind was fashioned in his image as a sentient being.

My two year old son got diagnosed with autism.

There is no God.

You have a misguided view of Christianity. C S Lewis said that the gates of hell are shut from the inside.

This notion is both heretical and improbable.

I don't believe in JEWISH God. Those who are not Jewish and do it are idiots who don't know jack shit about their own religion.

Reminder: Christ was a fulfillment of prophecies given in Old Testament. He said himself, that he is here not to deny the Old Testament, but to fulfill it. So Old Testament is necessary a holy text to Christianity. So now, let's look at some phrases at the Old Testament:

And it shall be, when the Lord thy God shall have brought thee into the land which he sware unto thy fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give thee great and goodly cities, which thou buildedst not,
And houses full of all good things, which thou filledst not, and wells digged, which thou diggedst not, vineyards and olive trees, which thou plantedst not; when thou shalt have eaten and be full;
(Deuteronomy VI, 6-11)

And the sons of strangers shall build up thy walls, and their kings shall minister unto thee: for in my wrath I smote thee, but in my favour have I had mercy on thee.

(Isaiah 60, 10-12)

And strangers shall stand and feed your flocks, and the sons of the alien shall be your plowmen and your vinedressers.

(Isaiah 61, 5)

You have said that the other nations born of Adam are nothing, that they are like spit, and you have compared their abundance to a drop from a pitcher.
(2 Esdras 6:56)

If the world was created for our sake, why don’t we possess our world as an inheritance? How long will this situation last?”
(2 Esdras 6:59)

You have overdosed on memes. Leave the internet for a few days.

I don't feel like I share that need user. It probably falls in with being self-centered but I believe that I am my own god. I am the beast that they fear.

Because he isn't real

I agree. To me God is perfection, which is what every form of life strives toward. God created the potential for evolution. Our personal decisions, stacked upon the decisions of our ancestors, are what drive this movement of life to the (Holy) singularity against every grain of this entropic (profane) universe. The static quality of the Bible is Christianity's biggest hurdle in a world of ever-enhancing empirical perception.

>spiritual experience
What, you're waiting for some kind of LSD trip where God himself has to validate His existence to a peon like you?

This is a very wrong path to go down user. We human beings cannot comprehend why God created us.

Vanity.

Maybe one day you will see the light.

I grew up Christian, but there are some issues I have with the Bible specifically.
>creation story, I accept evolutionary science
>Hosea (tl;dr God commands his prophet to be a cuck)
>commandments to be weak (love your enemy and shit like that)

I believe in the possibility of God or Gods existing, but why is the Christian God the One True God. What makes the God of the Jews more real than the Gods of the Europeans, the Gods of the Indians, etc.

The Bible doesn't change because God never changes. He is perfect, therefore His word is perfect for all time.

Texas has spoken the truth

The very nature of being implies that SOMETHING put everything here.
Molecules don't just appear and subatomic particles don't just pop into existence.

The further we look into matter and physics the closer it brings me to God as the supplier of the initial materials that allowed for everything we see.
Timeline of events
>God puts matter into "empty space"
>Particles, waves, atoms, etc.
>Material doesn't interact with each other very much
>Gravity begins to pull all this material together
>Forms quantum singularity
>Big bang
>Existence
>Evolution
>Modern man

I appreciate the wisdom you're sharing brother. His blessing on you.

Why would i waste time considering aomething we'll all know the answer to anyway in the end. If he exists, we meet him, if not, so be it.

no proof

The Bible tells us we were made to glorify Him. All of creation exists for this purpose.

That's Chile, not Texas

I believe in God.

I just don't believe in YOUR god.

God is a meme to begin with. And I mean a genuine, Dawkinian one.

Don't just push me off user. Don't you want to help save me?

(this is obviously about Jews)
So if you believe that GOD's will is for Jews to be your masters and have all what is yours, and GOD's will is for you to be in the "like spit" position, you can believe in Jewish god.

Talk to a priest and he will clear up these misunderstandings you have right away.

No he isn't, he's an empty vessel.

Which explanation for the empty tomb do you feel is most probable?

I wasn't raised in a religious family. I simply, honestly, do not believe the silly things religious people say.

There is but one God. The God of the Christian Bible and previously the God of the Jews until they rejected the true savior of humanity, Christ Jesus.

He was never in it to begin with? What kind of question is this?

Not if you are not willing. God wishes for all people to accept Him but does not press them. He wants their genuine worship.

I will not get into a Biblical interpretation debate with you. Let's just say that there are different outlooks, and your literal reading is the view the Catholic Church shares.

>The very nature of being implies that SOMETHING put everything here.
That's a false premisse. Nothing dictates such thing.

He does actually, and he gave the Israelites very specific instructions on how to.

Ohohoho! CHECKMATE!

Based straya

Leaf and a newfag?

dude why are you still alive?

You need to want to save yourself.

You have to prove something before you can disprove it. Call it a meme if you will. Religious folks all don't do logic at some point.

Yea, I'm the weird one.

Do you believe user? I believe Jesus died for my sins and rose again. I BELIEVE!!

Misreading of the Bible. Try again.

my parents were atheist and I was raised atheist

>literal reading
I'm not sure how this concept can be misconstrued. If mankind were to stop worshipping God, the very rocks would cry out as testament to God's glory.

I'm a Baptist btw

I'm sorry to hear that.

Why would I believe in God?

Well, the "cult" of Nature and all that occultist stuff it's appealing too. Really this age has proven us precisely the power of these kind of ancient ideas, employed in the current technocratic context.

Maybe we'll truly "ascend" when we have merged both worlds. The fact that I hold this belief it's partially due to my newfound interest in traditional and humanist values, partially influenced by Sup Forums

GIMME DAT CHRISTIAN SIDE HUG!!!

youtube.com/watch?v=Sa0EtdtPi8w

He exsists. Why bother denying the truth? God is the almighty creator.