/CG/ - Christian General

Anyone is welcome to post here, of any denomination.

Atheists and unbelievers are also fine as long as you can contribute to the discussion constructively.

Christians should not respond to trolls as well.

>Saturday Catholic Readings

Genesis 3:9-2

Psalm 90:2-6, 12-13

Matthew 4:4

Mark 8:1-10

>Saturday Orthodox readings

2 Timothy 3:1-9

Luke 20:46-21:4
>Recommended Christian Material

Ben Hur

youtube.com/watch?v=tVlf7OiiTJE

Jesus anime(for weebs)

youtube.com/watch?v=gIDYvg73RuM

The Young Pope

youtube.com/watch?v=591n8GKvyaY

Passion of the Christ

youtube.com/watch?v=IJffBsSg1kU

Henry V

youtube.com/watch?v=Z1GDRx-F1C0

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gT36w50wr10
m.youtube.com/watch?v=ylckwWEP92w
youtube.com/watch?v=nvH0p4iNbiE
catholic.com/tract/call-no-man-father
staycatholic.com/call_no_man_father.htm
catholiceducation.org/en/religion-and-philosophy/apologetics/call-no-man-father-understanding-matthew-23-9.html
catholiceducation.org
staycatholic.com/
catholic.com
youtube.com/watch?v=bjRHqMpsNb4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

is over there. Try not to get lost like this again.

I'm Here to Stir

youtube.com/watch?v=gT36w50wr10

Christianity is related to cultural, philosophical and political subjects.

Any argument that it is not, is futile.

I don't see you telling Ancaps to go to /x/, but they have just as much merit to be here as a thread about a religion does.

Post some nice music

m.youtube.com/watch?v=ylckwWEP92w

Bump

>Tolerance doesn't live here anymore. It's been evicted. It vacated the house for the new tenant who has diametrically opposite tastes in decorating.

t. Pope Pius XIII

I've been giving it a lot of thought recently, how hard is it to become a Catholic?

The show is great, but unfortunately people prefer to label him as the Trump pope.

I don't even see the similarities other than that they both take harsh stances.

>Catholicism

Seriously, Protestantism and especially American Protestantism is heresy, but how do you reconcile your catholic beliefs with the current Anti-Pope?

Do you not call your educators teachers?

How do you think confession works?

Quoting from OT against practice that could only occur post-NT?

Co-mediator is too far, I can agree

That verse doesn't seem to say anything like what you want it to say

Yep, Catholics aren't allowed to worship idols

where does it say about teachers

Not hard.

You take a weekly class where they explain the basic doctrine just so you know exactly what it is you will be believing, to make sure you actually agree and understand.

Then you become baptized and take communion.

>The show is great
It's just HBO garbage that gets shilled here and retards like you eat it up.

>Comparing the Body and Blood of our Lord to abominations and filthiness
gtfo

Mormonism

Who else /apostolic/ master race here?

You have to understand the spirit of what was being said.

>Call no man father

Did you ever call your own biological father, father? If so, then by your interpretation you would be in violation of that commandment.

Or maybe you called your wifes father, father? You are again violating that commandment are you not?

what

What problems do you see with it exactly?

no i don't call any man my spiritual father

Maronite?

Armenian orthodox.

Neat, Armenian churches and liturgy are fascinating

verse 10, look up the meanings of the words for yourself

Catholic mater-race reporting in. Feels so fucking gooooood being Catholic.

Oh so you see there is a distinction between symbolically calling your wife, father and calling someone your spiritual Father in heaven?

Then perhaps you can see that Priests are not called "father" for that reason.

wifes father*

By the way, what is the relationship like between Maronites, Armenian Orthodox, Eastern Orthodox, Latin Catholics, etc.?

Kiwi, you are a disgrace to your country. Take the pride dress off and the devil's cock out of your mouth.

user, I'm a convert. Don't focus at all on Francis (I personally think Benedict is still Pope technically and is validating some of the barebones Francis decisions, like appointments.) While the Prots and Orthoboos are dead wrong, some Catholics miss the point of Papal Infallibility and the reverence due to the office. We know that knowledge of who the particular Pope in one's lifetime is is not needed for salvation.

Most parishes have RCIA. Start with My Catholic Faith, St Ignatius of Antioch, St Bonaventure, and the Douay Rheims Bible. Ave Maria.

What is the Eastern Orthodox stance on contraceptives these days (Georgian if it matters)?

Methodist here. Fuck the pope, hes a faggit

I love Armenian Roman style churches and Abbeys. This summer I'm going to spend a few months in the Bzommar monastery learning the bible in that language and harvesting grapes in the local vineyards, furthering my path to religious enlightenment and embracing my heritage, in the most /comfy/ lifestyle imaginable
Pic related.

The relationship between Orthodox and Catholics in general is rooted in the great schism.

Is Christianity a spook?

>Kiwi, you are a disgrace to your country. Take the pride dress off and the devil's cock out of your mouth.
t. another papist who has not read the bible

Matthew 23:9 And do not call anyone on earth your father, for you have one Father, who is in heaven.

>christfags

Get OUT YOU FUCKING NORMALFAG SATURNIC DEATH CULT FAGGOTS YOU FUCKS STOPPED EMPEROR JULIANUS FROM PURGING THE JEWISH FILTH

Besides some political discourse (March 8 and March 14 alliances), our relationships are mostly warm and cordial ones, be sure of that. Are you Maronite?

All religions are spooks

>I'm part of one of the most fag affirming organizations in the US
>I'm going to insult the Church

Protestantism is in every way lame. American Protestantism is turbo poz cuck lunatic lame.

Gamarjoba Georgi rogor xar?

You seem to only know baby's first anti-catholic apologetic, maybe you should learn more and come back later

>Being a Bible basher

Protestant filth.

bad property
shoo shoo

> can't defend the actual existing Pope
> pretends his TV show Pope is the real one

Sad desu senpai

you can't even defend your position

>Autistic screeching of a sheep rapist

I've read more commentaries than you even know exist.

We've had worse Popes.

Do you think that ever stopped us? You have to look into the reason why Catholics stayed Catholics despite the horrible Popes.

Popes come and go. There will be a great one soon.

Unfortunately you always and ever will be a dirty dingo. Sadly for you, this is immutable.

>We've had worse Popes

I believe this is the first pope to greenlight gay sex and make out with a black man's unwashed foot.

We did and you didn't listen.

You call your biological father, father.

You know then that there is more to the scripture than the word "father" in of itself.

The point of the scripture is to acknowledge no one but GOD as your true father.

But you seen going to stop calling your Dad, Father.

Because it's not about that.

>greenlight gay sex
never happened

Maybe YOU should learn more so you have a response to that guy's argument instead of evading the question. The only Catholic argument I've seen is that Jesus didn't mean ''call no man father'' literally, but rather was referring to spiritual leaders who used such titles. Which seems very likely to be true, and does basically nothing to defend the Catholic use of the term for their priests. Like those arrogant rabbis, Catholic clergy are using the term father to give themselves undeserved authority.

its not about family its about people treating priests is being spiritually above others and calling them father

Fellow Burger, thank you for bringing this up. Fedoras, faithless Prots, and tretcherous Orthoboos don't like to examine this reciprocal to their weak arguments.

youtube.com/watch?v=nvH0p4iNbiE

Can any give me a guide to the pure traditional catholoc hard-mode lent?

This is what I understand of it so far.
>starts at mass on ash wednesday
>fast every day except Sunday
>No meat on Fridays
>feast Thursday before Easter
>mass on good Friday
>mass on Easter and break fast
>pray every morning and do alms giving

Did I miss any important mass, and is there any specific prayers for the season or is it just general prayer?

Thanks in advance

>You have to look into the reason why Catholics stayed Catholics despite the horrible Popes.
because the roman catholic church says they will burn in hell if they try and leave

>I believe this is the first pope to greenlight gay sex

You would be wrong there. Also, he did not greenlight it per se, he only said he wouldn't judge.

Other Popes have gone further with such things.

>and make out with a black man's unwashed foot.

Wrong again.

Catholics have gone decades without a Pope even being in the office. Or with anti-popes going around.

We will survive the silliness that is the modern day Vatican.

catholic.com/tract/call-no-man-father
staycatholic.com/call_no_man_father.htm
catholiceducation.org/en/religion-and-philosophy/apologetics/call-no-man-father-understanding-matthew-23-9.html

(((Protestant)) dogshit.

Your opinion has no backing or substance.

I am not leaving, and it's for purely theological reasons. Not because I believe I'll go to hell if I don't stay.

If you want to be real traditional look into what orthodox still do. To my understanding Latins used to do similarly a long time ago

Former Methodist here, he's not as much a faggot as the Methodist Church is.

>catholiceducation.org
>staycatholic.com/
>catholic.com
you can't even use the scriptures to back up your opinion

>its not about family its about people treating priests is being spiritually above others and calling them father

Buddy, calling them father as you already know is symbolic and has nothing to do with what you were talking about.

Also, most Catholics don't see Priests as being above them at all.

In fact, we are more than happy to look down on them. They are just men.

Catholics are the only christans.
All others are going to hell.

There are still latin masses.

>tfw Catholics decide to disregard the pope because they disagree with him

lul "papal supremacy"

>Bible bashing again

Yeah, never mind, I think you're just retarded.

The Pope is ultimately just another man. Catholics know this.

Protestants pretend like we don't know this.

>guy links multiple articles drawing from countless verses
>you can't even use the scriptures to back up your opinion
This is baptist posting isn't it

>They are just men.
Then why do you claim they have the power to transform wafers and wine into Christ's blood and body

We don't claim that.

What have you been reading?

what is communion

Is communion not biblical in your opinion?

>tfw pseudo-pagan mexicans will go to heaven, but I will go to hell for joining a church that actually resembles the historical church

Hello I know I shouldn't spend my time watching entertainment from shows and movies, but I was wondering how that HBO show "The Young Pope" is.

When you treat *ANY* human's dictates and interpretations as matters of truth, it's hard to take you seriously as a Christian.

And with all the multitudes of extra-Biblical shit you cling to so desperately as dogma and doctrine, you certainly do take the words of men far far too seriously.

1 Corinthians 11:24-25

I'm more referring to how Latins almost don't fast at all during Lent

Okay. Do you believe that Jesus is God?

I respect Orthodox though. Protestants were a mistake.

See Catholics admit that Jesus was talking about people using the term father to give themselves undeserved spiritual authority, but then go on to claim that Jesus wouldn't have had a problem with their Holy Papa claiming to be able to infallibly speak on behalf of God, or their Father-Priests being the only means through which Christians can repent of their sins. Basically for Catholics Matthew 23:9 might as well not mean anything at all, either literal or symbolic, since according to them both legitimate and illegitimate spiritual authorities could both be literally referred to as father.

Yep. As a matter of faith. I am not compelled to believe such, and I'm not obligated to believe any more or less than that by virtue of either where I might have stumbled upon information which lead me to that conclusion or else on mere virtue of having that understanding.

>Post some nice music
youtube.com/watch?v=bjRHqMpsNb4

>Yep. As a matter of faith.

Okay, so that's your personal dogma and doctrine.

Nah he actually did make out with a black man's barefoot. It was disgusting. I've seen the foot.

He's the POPE. He's supposed to judge. You know that "judge not lest ye be judged" bit is taken out of context right? Read the full passage

That's literally what dogma and doctrine are.

>Reddit
Go the fuck back, NOW.

>since according to them both legitimate and illegitimate spiritual authorities could both be literally referred to as father

No - dogma means belief in something as incontrovertible.
You believe it's incontrovertibly the case that what you believe is true.

they mean do not judge on issues they it would hypocritical about like adultery when you are also cheating on your wife

and the fact that Jesus is God, is something that is incontrovertible if you study the scriptures correctly.

Wouldn't you agree?

No, it's not incontrovertible, because Scripture is not necessarily true.
I take it as a matter of faith that it is and act as if it were, but I am not so intellectually bereft and deluded that I pretend what I believe is simply, brutely true and nobody can possibly doubt it without being wrong(.) as you do.

>because Scripture is not necessarily true.
Boy what the fuck are you talking about

>No, it's not incontrovertible, because Scripture is not necessarily true.

If you believe Jesus's divinity as God, or the Son of God is not incontrovertible, then perhaps you don't have as much faith as you think you do.

>Jesus might not be God

I guess Islam might be true then.

>Scripture is not necessarily true.
Wat?

That's exactly the kind of shallow thoughtlessness and disinterest in intellectual integrity and honesty I've come to regularly expect from Catholics.

Do you know what the word "incontrovertible" means?
If something is incontrovertible, you don't take it on faith. It's knowledge. Faith and knowledge are epistemologically distinct.