Why is Japan so much better than China even if they historically had such strong cultural ties?

Why is Japan so much better than China even if they historically had such strong cultural ties?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=c87ARHzyO4k
m.youtube.com/watch?v=vRMTF8ChAAQ
youtu.be/rRYdsxRI0Hw
youtu.be/rGKIGQ4l7qE
youtu.be/FdxjeObg7y4
youtu.be/mxzgwJ8tSE0
youtube.com/watch?v=uqQf_92dgHM
youtu.be/jWuqc0kepHY
youtu.be/PodB6N-Tgj0
youtu.be/S-mJYDLxVJk
youtu.be/jGeYt0iiyWU
youtu.be/vtR_Yl24_Cc?t=10m
youtube.com/watch?v=Of7G_8MWBOk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Anime.

China lost drive and colapsed into irrelavence in the age of colonialisim. Then, during Mao's era, they literally threw their cultural treasures on the fire and murdered their top thinkers. It took them decades to recover, and even now, they're still deathly afraid of losing control and having the entire country blow up in their face.

Japan on the other hand, when admiral perry showed up, recognized how critical modern government and the industrial revolution was going to be, and copied the fuck out of europe, but still kept in touch with Japan's history and culture.

ANd after they ate two nukes, they still maintained their cultural integrity, and kept modernizing, willing to copy the fuck out of America rather than hold a grudge.

But why exactly did china do that? What started the fire?

Good points. Also now china is trying to copy the West but I don't think they will make it. They are too numerous and will never quietly work their way up like the japs did.

We were destroyed and betrayed by communists. I hate all the Marxist cunt in Europe who invented this disgusting ideology.

japanese people have a founder effect from a white man or two (maybe a ye olde boat load)

The A bombs pacified them

I was gonna say, was it communism that killed the chinks?

feminism.

The fire rises, brother.

god damn mongorians. if not for them we'd all be chinese. why the fuck do you think they built the biggest wall on the planet? yes, mongolians WERE that big of a detriment.

>tfw China could've been great

Chinese women are born for big mongolian cock, a wall might stop beaners but it can't stop KHANZ

It will inevitably be great in the near future, it already is the second biggest economy

why is japanese music so superior to chinese? nothing beats YOOOO

youtube.com/watch?v=c87ARHzyO4k

>strong cultural ties
They've always hated each other my white friend

Because Japan btfo of China

m.youtube.com/watch?v=vRMTF8ChAAQ

so have france and britain, but their proximity and warring led to strong cultural ties as one invaded the other, or traded because their jews didn't care. that doesn't mean friendly

Also, China is HUGE, a loose collection of different far-east Asian cultures, tribes, traditions, people, languages, etc. Certain regions of China are still basically medieval farming villages. Japan is one small nation, with a shared history and language, and a people who share one cohesive vision of national identity.

>over-generalizing, but it's still true

Socioeconomic reasons and historical developmental discrepancies. Communism really and truly wrecked China, and left a deeply rooted anti-intellectual culture (that's only sustained with the economic inequalities in the nation). I doubt there is anything wrong with the actual Han chinese ethnicity considering how prosperous HK, Singapore and Taiwan are.

why not fight them?

France and Britain were connected by a land bridge. The strait between them is swimmable in modern times.

imagine if every nigger on earth resided strictly in the US, and every last one of them hated dem whities. that's a billion dumb zergs smack dab in the center of your country, and China is still recovering from the effects of that to this day.

>burger education

Apples and oranges. China never successfully invaded Japan, despite attempts. Japan literally raped Nanking. They were both isolationist xenophobic cultures, and still are.

european sailers went to japan and race-mixed them into a chink/white hyrbid.

Why Japanese language is so different compared to Chinese, given that they're so close and use almost the same hieroglyphs?

nigga wat, Japan was split into thousands of states, china into 3-4 maximum.

there was still interest in the other's culture, even if only by a few influential people who could incorporate subtle copies into their retrospective cultures. might not even be direct, and have happened through several intermediaries of trade between various east asian nations

thats sort of like saying why is britain so much better than europe

valid, yet not quite fair

Because Japan isn't a Chinese descendant.

nip genes > chink genes

Thousands of feudal lords who still (at least nominally) swore allegience to the Japanese emperor though.

Nah, they got a bog economy because of exploiting people included children, they will never make it and be civilised at the same time.

Fuck the chinks tbqh

no..

You know, Mongolia's population was not even 1 million when they invaded China, and China's population was 120 million. Really makes you think

No commies and nips weren't entirely treated like vermin by their leaders.

the eras where they didnt swear allegiance to a single shogun far outnumber the ones where they did

The Japs didnt quietly work their way up they had a brutal civil war and killed everyone against cloning the west and consolidated power to the Emperor in order the make the process fast

and now there are more Mongolians in China than the entire population of Mongolia

rly make me thinku

Perhaps, but for the most part Japan defined itself, at least in part, by not being Chinese. Any cultural ties were based on proximity, not affinity, and can hardly be considered strong. Go ask a Chinese or Japanese person about their "close cultural ties" and watch the fireworks.

for one, Japanese people are genetically more intelligent and more creative.

But I'd dispute close cultural ties between them.

Yes, at the height of China's power Japan adopted a lot of Confucian and Chinese culture (written script being the most noticeable).

However, Japan spent many centuries in complete isolation prior to opening and basically adopting aspects of western culture and technology.

The thing is Japan and China remained remarkably isolated from each other, barring trade and occasional periods of Japanese interest. Japan did have veritable periods of "Sinophilia", but after these were long stretches of isolation.

Likewise as far as I know the Chinese never thought to learn anything from the Japanese. Even if some outliers picked something up, it's not like the entire Chinese state would adopt the practices of its minuscule neighbor whose institutions already look like a provincial distortions of Chinese originals.

>by not being Chinese
I'd say that still means the Chinese defined them

They were connected but during the last ice age, which was several thousand years ago

I'm done with you Weimin.
Japan >> China.

so? modern britain and what we consider british has mostly nothing to do with the peoples from that time period. its just interesting trivia, like who the original americans were

it was the rothschilds, literally everything bad ever was the jews

Cuz they developed from totally different languages. Just like Arab is totally different from Persian, eventhough they are near

Yes.

You need to spend more time investigating Chinese music.

youtu.be/rRYdsxRI0Hw

youtu.be/rGKIGQ4l7qE

youtu.be/FdxjeObg7y4

youtu.be/mxzgwJ8tSE0

I never implied otherwise, Mitsubishi

Shogun=\=Emperor. For most of Japanese history everyone recognized the emperor as the spiritual head of the nation. A ritual center endured even as real power was thrust in the hands of warring chieftains. Compare with China in which the center itself is in flux. No matter how many warlords and domains were in Japan, a common language and culture was shared too.

Realistically speaking, Japan is smaller and it is easier to manage.

In ancient times, messengers from the emperor from Beijing/Chengdu arrived in the south after months, sometimes even years. As a result, there were mutinies and people from the 2nd echelon declared themselves to be first echelon. Plenty of such events

Japan on the other hand, was smaller, and any such nonsense didn't have time to arise.

just because they had their own jesus and his descendants, never meant they were unified anymore than Christians were

Are you joking mate? Do you also think that Europe is a single country?

youtube.com/watch?v=uqQf_92dgHM
Look at japanese music ;D

>trash
>trash
>trash
>trash
no thanks.

>Then, during Mao's era, they literally threw their cultural treasures on the fire and murdered their top thinkers

they also destroyed their environment and caused famine that lasted for decades and killed millions

look up the 4 pests campaign

Well for one Japan didn't have wars for like 300 years and before the Meiji era they were sealed off so that no stupid political ideas could tarnish them. Our enemies always relied on internationalism and while this wrecked Europe, Russia, China and more, Japan was always safe on their island. There were no red revolutions and counter revolutions coming like the seasons. An island, both physically and mentally.

Cause chinks are soulless subhumans. Japs on the otherhand, despite looking similar, are far superior intellectually and have alot more empathy.

Ah yes, Japanese celebrating their Slovenian roots through traditional opera.

The japs saw a metal battleship going up a river and knew immediately they had to get their hands on it. They modernised efficently and quickly but still kept their barbarous imperial system. Once they got scorched by not just nukes but fire raids that were equivalent to nukes it pacified them a little bit.

They didn't go for communism.

Protip don't wipe out the sparrows.

China was taken over by communism, while Japan befriended the white man. Are you really surprised Japan turned out to be one of the best countries in the world right now while China is a third world tier shithole?

Pic related is a fucking hero.

They got dicked by the dutch while the chinese got fucked by Britannia.

Japan is like a fucking skinwalker the way they copy new cultures and technologies so well. I think if aliens invaded Japan would somehow find a way to copy and exploit them faster than anyone.

>Chinese traditional sanxian (which inspired the shamisen) is trash
>Chinese folk songs are trash
>Chinese pop is trash but anime songs are high culture

Why do we even put up with you "people"?

>and have alot more empathy.

wrong.

i hope that you are joking ,btw its clear that japanese are just asian croats.

Chinks had it coming. They are and should be the exception to their empathy.

You know that's exactly what Western countries did until the 20th century, right? When they were beginning to industrialize, everyone worked in the factories, even the kids.

because we give you great celebrities

But there is clear evidence of unity. Japanese religion and history is clear on the existence of a Japanese state, inhabited by a Japanese people, ruled by the emperor. Warlords fought to gain authority over this state. When lands changed hands, little changed in the life of your average peasant. Likewise if he wanted to move. There were no language barriers, no religious barriers. Of course people fought, but at the end of the day when the wars were over peace came naturally and there was hardly the sense of multinationality as in China.

>deathly afraid of losing control and having the entire country blow up in their face

i doubt that would happen.

chinese people just do whatever they are told by whoever is in power, for the most part. i feel kinda sad writing that, but from what i can gather, it's a main conclusion i have drawn.

i think it would have to be a military coup (better than the one in 2012 which was quelled) or some sort of takeover by the KMT (taiwan) to really change things. the majority of their population is still comprised of the class of peasants.

you hear a lot of crap in the western media about "chinese millionares" and "rising" etc. but it's actually a lot of hype, with very little substance. yes progress is being made, but no where near as fast as it would be if they had a truly capitalistic system like the USA.

and they treat their loyal CPC members like shit as well. lifelong members still live in an apartment you would be ashamed of living in in the west, your parents would call you a failure, but to them it's a "decent" apartment. it's fucked. go see for yourself. take a walk through a commune (apartment bloc) not just the public face of the tourist spots. take a bus ride outside of the city limits, and you'll conclude that the media hype is either posturing, or shilling.

I think you're confusing convenience of conformity with unity

Communist theory. Mao wanted to make a clean break from China's long history, and was afraid of the rich and the intellectuals in china taking control of the government.

Chinese is an absolute nightmare to learn phonetics. Chinese shows frequently have chinese subtitles. Japan deviated so hard almost 1500 years ago that the phonetic notes eventually became it's own written language.

Also, the commies rewrote the language to make it easier to read, to control it, and to keep people from being able to read degenerate shit from Taiwan and Japan so easily.

It's still a different order of magnitude.

This has to do with China's priority. They'll spend loads on controlling and administering far off territorial claims from a thousand years ago, but that's not enough to make a nation or any kind of cultural unity.

>Thiccc chic.
There are still people who were in the Red Guard of the cultural revolution alive. I wonder what they think about shit like that.

t. weeb

Japan during their imperial years was just a huge power trip for them, they went full nigger with their mass rapes and whatnot.

Look this pic, notice how small that jap is? they noticed it aswell, which made them angry like elliot rodger.

Because Japan is a fully westernized free country while China is a communist shithole

dis cause true based op right here boies

Chinese called Japanese pirates "Dwarf pirates" Lol. They were manlets even for Chinese standards

the difference is japs have been nuke tamed

Japan approached modern era with grace unlike China

I think you're retarded

>1 post by this ID
jealous burgers

Yeah, uh, "thanks" for that...

Seriously though, I love Japanese music too, but Chinese music is an entire unheard-in-the-west universe of songs, traditions, instruments, and singers. If you can open your mind to it, you'll be richly rewarded. Their Chinese New Year songs are the jam.

P.S. There are lots of cute asian girls.

youtu.be/jWuqc0kepHY

youtu.be/PodB6N-Tgj0

youtu.be/S-mJYDLxVJk

youtu.be/jGeYt0iiyWU

tourist china

resident...

no one goes to Beijing for its music and night life. Tokyo on the other is one of the greats for it

Derete

good educated response so fulfilling

>say stupid shit
>get hit
>"waah"

Stop being a contrarian dick, and listen to the music god damn it!

If you aren't moved by the song that starts at 10 minutes, you legitimately have no soul.

youtu.be/vtR_Yl24_Cc?t=10m

It's never fair to compare China to those developed countries. China has some unique charmings.

And Japan still suffers from bubble economic. That sufferring just lingers and has no clue to pass away.

>posting songs from 1994

youtube.com/watch?v=Of7G_8MWBOk

Here's something more recent. I assume the girls are to your taste, as most yellow-fever guys like a certain type of girl.

>Japan on the other hand, when admiral perry showed up, recognized how critical modern government and the industrial revolution was going to be, and copied the fuck out of europe, but still kept in touch with Japan's history and culture.
Actually they went into a bloody civil war because most Japs covered their ears and shouted NIPPON BANZAI DRIVE OUT THE GAIJIN despite obviously having zero capacity to do anything of the sort.

Isn't it OBVIOUS AS FUCK YOU FUCKING GAIJIN KUSO HITOBITO?

Japan was AND STILL IS the last bastion of traditional asian culture

South Korea westernized
China westernized
Japan is fighting hard against westernization

that's why they prosper. They aren't giving in. They're not going down without a fight.