WOMEN'S STUDIES THREAD

This is fucking absurd. This is a respected British university and LOOK AT THE FUCKING PICTURES!

lancaster.ac.uk/fass/centres/gws/

This is why the West will fall

>this is the university my mum went to and came back as a single mum

>thought my dad was a piece of shit for the longest time

>turns out she was seeing three guys around the time of my conception

>tfw I grew up poor because of feminism

I still don't understand the concept of women's studies.

How does a woman benefit from this class if the purpose is to shove shit into her face about how women were "muh oppressed" and were not people until magically one day their grandmas found out they were?

Wouldn't that just make women paranoid about every guy they meet?

>Wouldn't that just make women paranoid about every guy they meet?

ding ding ding

thats the point.

>turns out she was seeing three guys around the time of my conception
You sure you know who your daddy is?

>I need feminism because empty rhetorical nonsense not backed by any tangible argument.

Wow. This is so deep you guys. Have we been wrong all along?

>1 in 4 women are raped
This is such complete bullshit.

>dropped
Was considering studying engineering there, since the city is small and nice.

Has patriarchy dominated for too long Sup Forums?

"Girl"? ... you're an old fucking worn out hag.

I'm more disgusted by the cuck men in this picture than the women. Wtf happened to England...

>Was considering studying engineering there, since the city is small and nice.
Was type of engineering user? I could be of some assistance.

>Lancaster University
>respected
LOOOOL

So instead of being aware of the problems women face and deal with them, you're suggesting women should stick their head in the sand and pretend everything is just fine?

Enlighten us on these issues.

Here's a knowledge bomb for you. There have always been men like this. No matter the time, the country, these men simply virtue signal because they have nothing to offer.

1. Women are treated like second class citizens. Women are never taken seriously. They are assumed to be incompetent until proven otherwise.
2. Women are the primary victim of rape.
3. Women are subject to discrimination from males in the work place.
4. Women are shamed more than men.
5. Women make less money than men on average

Yes these are all true points. They are true because women caused this on themselves.

Nice bait

>1. Women are treated like second class citizens. Women are never taken seriously. They are assumed to be incompetent until proven otherwise.
Citation needed.
>2. Women are the primary victim of rape.
And? What will a course aimed at women teach women that will make men not want to rape them? Especially in a world where advice like "Don't walk home alone drunk down a dark alleyway in the shit end of town" is written off as problematic victim blaming.
>3. Women are subject to discrimination from males in the work place.
I have NEVER witnessed this in a single work place I have been in. Well at least not negative discrimination. What I have witnessed is women get away scot free with taking 5 times as many sick days as men, showing up whenever the fuck they want and doing an overall inferior job.
>4. Women are shamed more than men.
Shame is an emotion you retard. Shame is inside you. It's not measurable. You can't back that statement up because it's unfalsifiable nonsense. If I forget to zip up my fly and someone points out that my gitch is showing in the supermarket I'll feel shame. But I fucking should.
>5. Women make less money than men on average
Thoroughly debunked. Women who work the same jobs as men get paid the same. Because the law already stipulates that they do.

Women are more likely to go to College for 10 years, get 2.5 bachelors of social justice and then go work at Starbucks. That's your wage gap right there.

I know women who went through 7+ years of vocational training in a relevant field who make a fuck load more money than I do.

The better question is, why are there useless degrees in University to begin with?

. Women are the primary victim of rape.
>And? What will a course aimed at women teach women that will make men not want to rape them? Especially in a world where advice like "Don't walk home alone drunk down a dark alleyway in the shit end of town" is written off as problematic victim blaming.
Especially if you take into account that Colleges are considered safer than the towns they exist in. And statistics speak for themselves.

Like don't get me wrong. Rapists are scumbags. But I think allowing women to carry pepper spray for self defense would be far more effective at deterring rapists than lectures on affirmative consent being given to grown-ass adults that are just going to spend the whole class texting each other.

On the topic of victim blaming, can anyone clue me up on the subject? It seems like a less clear-cut issue than what I've been lead to believe.

>victim blaming
basically it's a lefty buzzword.

Ignore it. It's used in place of having an actual argument. It doesn't mean anything.

There is no point. It's easy money from gullible retards. These classes don't offer anything you can't get by doing some critical thinking, and it breeds a generation of hyper aggressive women who feel empowered.

>easy money from gullible retards
well said.

As I've said a number of times here; women are incapable of long-term emotional strategy (at least not on the same level men are).

So they see this ad for a course that says "you are right all the time, and all the men owe you billions of dollars for having a vagina" and their heart flutters with excitement. They are incapable of in that moment denying themselves the ego stroking to ask themselves whether or not it will just be a big old waste of money.

>Smile if you heart vaginas

Don't mind if I do

WTF, look at those cucks too.

>Wouldn't that just make women paranoid about every guy they meet?

Well, yes, that`s the idea of marxist brainwashing.

It had to be a leaf.

If they talked about the rapefugees in Sweden then yes but you know how much does those feminazis love their beloved rapefugees so they say that (((muh patriarchy cis gender white male scum))) does it instead of saying the truth

To be fair, rape by fraud is a thing.

I was going to apply here. But I didn't because when I went it came across to liberal. People finger painting in the square of the uni. Glad I didn't.