Why aren't there any smart people publicly supporting Trump?

Why aren't there any smart people publicly supporting Trump?

Other urls found in this thread:

medium.com/@andraganescu/til-nassim-taleb-is-a-trump-supporter-a0de0109d7ae#.jic4lk6i9
elsevier.nl/nederland/blog/2017/02/waarom-hoger-opgeleiden-modieuze-kuddedieren-zijn-450052/
theguardian.com/technology/2017/feb/10/silicon-valley-right-wing-donald-trump-peter-thiel
baka.com.au/business/world-business/warren-buffett-bill-gates-have-hope-for-america-after-donald-trumps-ascension-20170127-gu0ha4.html
sm
medium.com/incerto/the-intellectual-yet-idiot-13211e2d0577#.eemwncp5v
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It is not smart at this time to publicly support Trump, see Kevin Plank.

Because they are brainwashed by the far left.

because it is currently socially acceptable to inflict violence upon us

trump voted rural and suburban retards. all clintons voted city people

smart people are the hardest to brainwash

>smart people
>politics
pick one

because smart people don't usually support stupid policies. that's why the closest thing to an intellectual who supports Trump is the guy who wrote fucking dilbert

If i wear my trump hat they would kill me in the street and worse - i would lose my job.

Peter Thiel and Nassim Taleb both support Trump

>smart people
>supporting Trump
let me stop you right there

If you count going to a 4 year marxist brainwashing institution being (((educated))) then that's why none of (((them))) support Trump and Americanism

Because it would just bring them trouble. It's the same reason all the people in English Comp 11 aka "write a bunch of leftist propaganda" don't speak up, it's not worth the fight and possible loss of vocation/schooling

>who is James Woods

>Peter Thiel
>Steve Bannon

controlling someone is not the same as supporting him

Ben Carson

I lol'd.

Who are "smart" people? Scientists and Historians?
The people who you say are a bunch of crooks who only want greedy funding to do liberal research so you elect a guy who will destroy everything they worked for?

Scientists at NASA and NOAA literally had to scramble to save their research files before Trump got inaugurated. Everyone called them paranoid, but before Trumps first week was up he scrubbed the data off of federal websites.

That's why smart people don't support Trump, he is not a thoughtful garden tender, he's a loud idiot trying to crush anyone who costs him a penny.

>Nassim Taleb

Here's some faggot whining about Taleb supporting Trump.

medium.com/@andraganescu/til-nassim-taleb-is-a-trump-supporter-a0de0109d7ae#.jic4lk6i9

Dude I went to college and learned to program and do math. There were also some cool classes I took about geology, meteorology, anthropology and world religions that I think really added to my outlook on life and rounded me out as a person. Have you even fucking been to college?

ITT: NEETs

name one smart person who doesn't support trump

Smart people have jobs they don't want to lose.

>He fell for the Bannon as evil genius advisor meme
Sad!
Taleb is advised by a plethora of people. Bannon is influential, but he by no means is the only one advising Trump. Mad Dog Mattis, Kushner, Gary Cohn, and his daughter Ivanka are all very influential in the Trump cabinet.
You might want to stop reading Salon, and start thinking for yourself.

elsevier.nl/nederland/blog/2017/02/waarom-hoger-opgeleiden-modieuze-kuddedieren-zijn-450052/

use jewgle translate

They're also smart enough to know that publicly supporting him will potentially draw the attention of blood-hungry liberals in their social or work environment, and lead to problems that they don't want to have to deal with.

I know James Woods does.

>Call yourself smart
>have hollow degree to back up your claim
People can just bullshit their way into these things ya know

70% of the US population is white. The average white American isn't bright or well-informed. Trump's base is represented by the 35% who are less bright and less informed than the average white American.

a good actor and a stupid person.

Elon Musk

Because nobody wants a bunch of diseased, virulent, frothing liberals outside their house screaming shit at all hours of the night.

That seems pretty intelligent to me desu.

That makes sense.

>180 IQ
>stupid

Is today opposite day? I wasn't informed, but I'll play along. He's a terrible actor and a moron.

isn't everyone at that table suing him?

wat u tlking about?? I'm publically supporting Trump. thats evednce enuff

Nicole Kidman.

You could be Isaac Newton but if you support Trump, you're stupid according to liberals.

>Why aren't there any smart people publicly supporting Trump?

He is an idiot with poor judgement. He is already about as popular as tuberculosis and sinking.

>slavoj zizek
>nassim taleb
>peter thiel
>peter schiff

Nope. Based Peter Thiel was the only prominent billionaire tech giant supporting Trump from the start and until now has been a loyal aid to the cause.

Apparently there's a whole network of tech billionaires who support Trump.

Meet the rightwing power players lurking beneath Silicon Valley's liberal facade
Despite promoting an image of innovative iconoclasm, outside the spotlight a cadre of powerful tech figures are planting themselves in Trump’s corner

theguardian.com/technology/2017/feb/10/silicon-valley-right-wing-donald-trump-peter-thiel

because it's career suicide.

he got elected because of how radical the left is. if liberals keep going down this rabbit hole (which they will, especially since they didn't learn nothing) he'll win in 2020 again, unless he fucks up in a major way.

the smartest way to support trump is to stay calm.

>Bill Belichick

Because you arbitrarily decided that anybody who supported him must be stupid, thus by definition...

The smartest thing to do right now is to not say anything

The way Musk is supporting Trump is pretty good. He claims he just wants the best for the country, but he has not expressed very strong ideological support for Trump, and has argued that it is better to change the Trump administration's take on crlimate change, renewables and electric cars from within than to stay on the sidelines while Rex Tillerson and Exxon destroy Musk's renewables empire.

Because smart people support him silently in order to avoid trouble in their social circles.

Because smart people know when to keep their mouth shut or be ostracized for it.

Trump is going to increase NASA funding you retard

exactly. most people dislike political protesters. they are just virtue signaling hippies. just suck it up, behaving like a nigger and chimping our when your candidate looses is the worst thing you could possibly do for your cause. liberals are retarded.

hillary was saudia arabias puppet, so i'm sure he supports trump. that cunt would've probably done everything in her power to keep the west dependant on arab oil as long as possible.

Because smart people are smart enough to know that putting up with the wave of defamation that would come from it isnt worth it

Many people in my school's department have called me smart. I always wonder what they would think if they knew my power level. However, I don't want to lose the little social life I have.

What has NASA done in the past 20 years
To deserve the ludicrous amount of funding it gets?

Nothing that we couldn't live without
That's what.

NASA and some other agencies haven't done shit for the country, other than shill for the sjw left and dry up the taxpeyer

Fuck you. Nasa needs good people good ideas and to have practical applications for their research otherwise they would be usless to the government

>the average white american isn't bright or well-informed
>literally the median for which all other races and countries are judged
3/10 what else is expected from a leaf.

Bill Gates and Warren Buffett not smart enough for you?
baka.com.au/business/world-business/warren-buffett-bill-gates-have-hope-for-america-after-donald-trumps-ascension-20170127-gu0ha4.html

The Obama administration was scrubbing their databases in the months prior to the Trump administration you massive cuckold.

Wow, I didn't realize the word filter also affected links!
sm h.com.au/business/world-business/warren-buffett-bill-gates-have-hope-for-america-after-donald-trumps-ascension-20170127-gu0ha4.html

I'd welcome them to come my house. I own guns and live in Texas. So if they're on my property, I can legally shoot them.

Because smart people aren't supporting Trump. Why would you support the destruction of your economy?

lol

Taleb has a nice text titled 'The Intelligent idiot'
He postulates that alot of "smart" people arent really smart at all, the system creates functional idiots so to speak.

Well worth a read;
medium.com/incerto/the-intellectual-yet-idiot-13211e2d0577#.eemwncp5v

Your country literally has no economy you laughable idiot

"The IYI pathologizes others for doing things he doesn’t understand without ever realizing it is his understanding that may be limited. He thinks people should act according to their best interests and he knows their interests, particularly if they are “red necks” or English non-crisp-vowel class who voted for Brexit. When plebeians do something that makes sense to them, but not to him, the IYI uses the term “uneducated”. What we generally call participation in the political process, he calls by two distinct designations: “democracy” when it fits the IYI, and “populism” when the plebeians dare voting in a way that contradicts his preferences."

Because it is social suicide in most places.
There are plenty of bright people in America publicly supporting him, though.

Because those who have, get their lives ruined by liberals and the media.

it's social suicide

>why doesn't anyone the liberal media memes as intelligent support Trump?

Really floats my broat

Because to support someone with lower iq is like lowering your iq to their level.

Where did they mention a degree? Why would having a degree make you smart?

>hillary was saudia arabias puppet, so i'm sure he supports trump. that cunt would've probably done everything in her power to keep the west dependant on arab oil as long as possible.
>Our secretary of state is a gigantic oil tycoon

It's quite a good article. Really recognisable

>t. Rattenbout alumnus

nice, read it through and he perfectly sums it up. Intelligent yet idiots, i.e. hillary's base votership

What the neuk is Rattenbout? Radboud @ Havana on the Waal?

yes, he's worth like 200 millions and is an oil shill.
that doesn't change the fact that hilllary would've been much worse. imagine a president in saudi arabias pocket.

trump doesn't care about money, he's doing this to stroke his ego and to create a legacy. he's genuine.

>Steve Bannon
>smart

Pick one.

He is a useful idiot.

that's bullshit

dumb people don't just change their minds on a whim. they're actually very hard to convince about anything that doesn't already fit in their narrow worldview

smart people on the other hand will eat up anything as long as you back it up with a (((study))) or some theoretical quackery that might be true

in many ways, an open mind is like an undefended fort

>politics
>appealing to authority
pick one (1) and ONLY one (1)

because smart people know they'll get lynched, and that trump is shit.

>being able to bullshit his/her way to a degree
>not smart

Jawohl

because it's not socially acceptable, because the media would label you as rasist sexist appache-attack-helicopter-ist and so on and ruin your reputation
felix baumgartner did support a right wing politician in a tweet (literally just saying that he was eloquent and a logical thinker) and austrian newspapers covered a whole site explaining how he is a nazi (don't have a link unvortunatelly)

The us is in Saudi Arabias pocket. Period. Google petrodollar.

>who is elon musk

they smell the shit

It is more likely the other way around.

USA has plenty of oil, we are just using all of Saudis oil first so that we have access to ours when none is left and we can sell it for higher prices or use it strategically in war.

The Saudis are not shit. Trump could turn them to a crater if they ever turned on us.

Israel is the power behind washington, and I am not happy about that either.

>implying you're more intelligent than a multimillionaire hedgefund manager turned newspaper magnate turned most important advisor to the most important man in the known universe.
If Bannon is not smart, then everyone in the world is a fucking idiot

>Why would smart people publicy support someone who is demonized by the msm and a large number of crazy communists and liberal sheep.

Because they are smart enough to keep it a secret from the violent left wing.

Because the totalitarian left, the mainstream media, and all of Hollywood are on a ass devastated globalist money fueled warpath to destroy Trump and everyone who so much refuses to hate him: See Jimmy Fallon for catching absolute hell simply for not treating Trump like garbage when he was on his show.

Ted Nugent, General Flynn, Chachi, James Mattis, Steven Mnuchin, Tila Tequila, Rex Tillerson, Kid Rock I could go on for days

Eat shit OP!

Going by the white men's vote, almost all of america supported Trump

What has he done to support?

Lmao. 15% of their GDP is literally money coming in from the US from illegals.

You can have an IQ of 200 or higher, if you're only given selective information and only get one side of the story you will inevitably reach a conclusion that does not follow reality.

The smart are not immune to propaganda.

>smart people
ahahahahaha

Smart and skeptical is the best combination

Leftists are asshurt emotional children and if you don't agree with them it's perceived as a threat whereas it doesn't work the other way around.

Perhaps the definition of smart person has been manipulated by the left and the media and the entertainment industry.