How the fuck do you fuck up Generators South Australia?

How the fuck do you fuck up Generators South Australia?

/dat/ /auspol/ thread

abc.net.au/news/2017-02-11/thermal-generators-failed-during-south-australian/8262162

Whinging cunts edition

hey mate

so you coming to my house?

no i'm not into anal

mate you should probably make these threads later on, all of the NEETs are still asleep and everyone else is getting off to one nation's poll numbers

i know everything over there is upsidedown, but I like your cars anyways.

Real question; (is relevant to Sup Forums because it's cultural)

Do Aussies have a car culture over there? Do people know what that drive, and do they like to personalize or take pride in their cars? Our car culture died over here. Noone knows what they drive, and they don't care. They just put the key in and go. Then, when it blows up because they weren't watching their temperature gauge, they think they need a oil change.

I work in Automotive and we got some kindof bigwig coming in from Australia. I'd like to know if he's relevant to our culture here. Cause ours is cardumb

typo
>Do people know what car they drive

Long answer Yes

Short answer Yes

Among my generation we are struggling because like you we are fucking Gen X-Z over

>>Do Aussies have a car culture over there? Do people know what that drive, and do they like to personalize or take pride in their cars?
yes to both.

>They just put the key in and go. Then, when it blows up because they weren't watching their temperature gauge, they think they need a oil change.
that's australian women for you

>I work in Automotive and we got some kindof bigwig coming in from Australia. I'd like to know if he's relevant to our culture here. Cause ours is cardumb
depends, where is he coming from? our local car manufacturing industry is pretty much gone because of our version of "offshore it to mexico", but if he worked at like holden or something prior to them shutting down he's probably quite good

just make sure to get him a 6 pack of fosters and ask him how much vegemite you put on the spoon when you're eating it and you'll be right

AYYYY more /o/tism

Hi falcunt

>that's australian women for you
and cucks
and boongs
and niggers
and immigrants

>just make sure to get him a 6 pack of fosters and ask him how much vegemite you put on the spoon when you're eating it and you'll be right
>Not making him mite sandwedges

lol you know me?

Im /o/

I see your trip everywhere

dr user im falcunt

What car you drive user? Surely you've seen mine

Thanks for the replys

>just make sure to get him a 6 pack of fosters and ask him how much vegemite you put on the spoon when you're eating it and you'll be right

Haha yes. I hope the Fosters we sell over here is the same thing as over there.

Also, if anyone was curious, the Australian guy is trying to revitalize our retail market, and I had a hunch that Aussies care more about their cars, like we used to do back in "the day" (which i believe was probably 50's upto somewhere in the 70's)

e39 M5

see

>>Haha yes. I hope the Fosters we sell over here is the same thing as over there.
nobody drinks fosters here, that's the joke, i haven't even seen a 6 pack of it in easily a few years

>Also, if anyone was curious, the Australian guy is trying to revitalize our retail market
>americans
>bringing in an australian to 'revitalize' their retail market
which company do you work for? i want to know so i can short the fuck out of it's stock

>Haha yes. I hope the Fosters we sell over here is the same thing as over there.
it is and its dogshit

its not our worst beer ironically that would be Caught in a Drought (Carlton Drapht)

Its like 10x worse than fosters

Too filtered
Too soapy
Tastes very weak
oh ur the blue bimmer fag.

Noice

>nobody drinks fosters here, that's the joke, i haven't even seen a 6 pack of it in easily a few years

hahaha damn internet. can never tell when the satire is real anymore. i don't know which stereotypes are real anymore.

>which company do you work for? i want to know so i can short the fuck out of it's stock

Can't spill the beans there. Our market strategy is considered proprietary (which is only partially possible seeing as anyone can just walk in and see what everything looks like) , and corporate policy says I can't say. But I'm not even worried about that, i just don't wanna dox myself haha

its not our worst beer ironically that would be Caught in a Drought (Carlton Drapht)

The name is right. Cause a dought would probably be the only time someone would drink it

>Cause a dought would probably be the only time someone would drink it
thats the joke.

I wish it was honestly but seriously its horrid.

XXXX and VB are also pretty bad

only good mass beers here are Coopers Collection and maybe some limited batches

I want a Maloo so bad.

just import the panels mate

Hell you yanks love 3d printing go do that

>bringing in an australian to 'revitalize' their retail market
> i want to know so i can short the fuck out of it's stock

i know that feel :(

There's dudes here who graft Ute bodies onto G8/Commodore donor cars. They keep only the firewall with the VIN attached making them legal as far as our DOT is concerned. They're pretty pricey though.

seems excessive when the maloo is just a body kit with a nice Factory Supercharged LS

Great utes, prefer my Falcon xr8 though. Suggest you buy one of the limited edition SS-V's going for sale right now if you got the bucks

What happened to the Falcon replacement ? Shame we never got a 4 door v8 and i6 again it was a good platform.

Same with the Holden Commmodore the yanks got the Zeta and Alpha platforms in LHD and we get shit

GM was within an inch of releasing a G8 Ute stateside. Crash tested it and had a goofy release party and everything. Then GM filed for bankruptcy and killed Pontiac as part of their restructuring. Thus ending the Commodore and all derivatives here in the US.

I'll likely never own one but if ever the opportunity arises I'll do it.

>I'll likely never own one but if ever the opportunity arises I'll do it.
Please do mad skids if you get one.

the VU and aftwards are good utes very reliable and fun

Ford logic is: if the taxpayer's not going to subsidise us per vehicle we won't build them.

It never occured to them that the Boss and the Barra could have put into other vehicles to make them even more attractive, (Barra turbo into Ranger for example).
The reality is, it was probably still too expensive. Making an engine here, shipping it to Thailand for installation, shipping it back for sale.

Ford and Holden Australia relied too much on subsidies, perhaps it killed their incentive to innovate, change and add to their Aus made platforms.

And now beginning with 2018, all vehicles gotta comply with (((Euro Six))) (((Emissions))). We are going to be stuck with 4 cylinders forever until manufacturers find the guts to oppose such bullshit.

On the bright side, both Ford and Holden are pushing their Ranger/Colorado utes super hard. it's the new war right now. I held off buying either when they came out, hoping for (more cylinders, more power) anticipating bigger powerplants in 2020 when they remodel, at least I damn well hope so.

Nearing 300000 on my fg xr8 ute rofl, 3 more years.

Auto elec here. Little known fact - holdens have defective electrical systems. All of them. Enjoy having your ecu die while chucking a u-bender or winding down your windows. So many clients get the shits with me when I tell them that their pride and joy, although mechanically sound, have the electrical build quality of a chinese kids toy.

"But why doesn't it work!?"
"Because its a fucking Holden."
"But its a 2017 xxx wankmobile!!!!"
"Yeah, and its a Holden, like it or not, you are fucked."

I'd buy a fucking Kia over a holden, any day of the week. Ford electrics aren't much better than Holden with regular bad ecus/bcms etc. The focus range is built pretty well, electrically anyway.

>We are going to be stuck with 4 cylinders forever until manufacturers find the guts to oppose such bullshit.
But cant most v6 bi turbos rape 4 cylinders? Even on eco tests

yeah i avoided the VE-VF for this reason.

ive looked at the VT-VZ and they are pretty bullet proof.

Most of the time the alternator shits itself and if the ECU gets fried a new one is like $100 and i have a spare anyway

and people are trying to push electric cars on us. we're fucked

With Euro 5 yes, but it's a cost thing. The extra development for another engine to top the ranges of all the utes can have very slim margins since Australia is literally the only market who truly cares about power in their utes.

US has their big pickups and the rest of the world doesn't have the ute culture we have here, they are content with their shitboxes they use only for work, never cruise/4x4/engine swap etc.

so take the v6 out of the caddy and the new chassis and make a rhd version and send it to AU/UK and UAE