Trump announced that the wall will take at least 3.5 years to build. so barely 6 months away from the end of his term

Trump announced that the wall will take at least 3.5 years to build. so barely 6 months away from the end of his term.

Wouldn't the next democrat just tear it down? This is also in the event of a democrat (or any candidate saying they'll tear it down) winning, not accounting for Trump getting a 2nd term.

I mean, Trump can't be president forever and the wall is controversial as fuck, surely you people don't believe it will stay until the end of time

Other urls found in this thread:

cnn.com/2017/02/12/politics/2017-trump-new-military-policy/index.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Trump will be re elected for another term

FPBP

Yes they will tear it down. And they'll claim to be creating jobs by doing so. Keynesian economics everyone

It will stay up until Mexico decides it wants to be a white country and gasses its shitskins or the Americans do it for them.

Obongo upped border security

>Wouldn't the next democrat just tear it down?
>Implying that there will be a next democrat

no way they'd tear it down

>wall will take at least 3.5 years to build
Trump didn't announce that. That number came from the Department of Homeland Security. Trump has said that when he gets involved in planning the price will come down and date of completion will go left.

Stop with the fucking shitposting, get serious for once.

Trump isn't immortal and no man would ever get 3 presidencies, Trump is also in his 70s and the position is extremely stressful, don't expect him to be able to take 3 presidencies physically.

It doesn't even have to be a democrat, a post-Trump republican could simply say "yeah the wall is bad" and tear it down. What then?

>We're going to tear down the wall, and let all of the undocumented Mexicans back in!

Depending on how people feel in 2020, that campaign promise alone could destroy any Democrat's chance of election. It's one thing to defend the status quo, but actively destroying your own border and importing criminals is a really dumb thing to do, even for a liberal.

can you even do basic math costa rica? it will be done 4 years and 6 months before the end of his presidency

the moment a dem wins the presidency
the wall comes down
and there will be a massive show for it, similar to the fall of the berlin wall

so for the wall to stay up, this better be the start of a one-party state

>next democrat

Hes probably banking on the wall being finished during his next run for 2nd term.

>this means he needs to nail it with no setbacks or scandals

otherwise its an easy open wound for the Dems

Good luck coming up with the tax money needed to remove the wall.
Best I could see anyone doing would be to open up sections in it. But that would be a dead giveaway that they are just trying to encourage illegal immigration

I seriously doubt it'll even be close to done in 3.5 years, but it will be billions over budget.

>Malaysia's flag is identical to US flag

>no man would ever get 3 presidencies
the constitution disallows that anyway.

It's impossible to know what the public's opinion will be on the wall until it's built, but I'd wager it'd be pretty popular among anyone not a far left radical. Once it's up, it'd be stupid to tear it down unless they literally want more crime.

Un-doing a thing is so easy. Just look at Obamacare, its already well on its way out...

Once something is done, it's rarely un-done. It's the problem with government and why we should fight so hard over principles any why T2A guys fight so hard. You give an inch, you never get it back.

>cnn.com/2017/02/12/politics/2017-trump-new-military-policy/index.html

Just saw an article on huffpo about the ICE round ups starting, and shockingly enough, the top comments were people praising ICE, and saying that legal immigration is what should be expected of people who want to live here. Not all hope is lost, but in general, fuck the left.

Destroying infrastructure for the sake of doing so doesn't bode well. How exactly are dems going to explain tearing down a wall that cost 30 billion dollars for taxpayers/mexicans?

And who exactly is going to be willing to do it? The unions trump hired to build it in the first place?
The Corps of Engineers? You would have the pentagon telling the dems to go eat shit.
It would end up a court battle

Considering he wont even complete one term, the wall will never be built and its hilarious to think it will be.

>the constitution disallows that anyway.
no it doesn't after FDR did 3 terms we now have a 2 term mandate

Tearing down the wall would be to advocate open borders which is unpopular even among democrats. Not being in favor of building an expensive wall is one thing but actively dissolving our borders is next level cucking

>And who exactly is going to be willing to do it?
M E X I C O

(one hundred percent)

>Destroying infrastructure for the sake of doing so doesn't bode well

Are you fucking kidding me? We're not talking about a building that used to be a DMV office before getting condemned, we're talking about a wall that separates 2 countries physically, this shit is literally either "leave it or destroy it."

>How exactly are dems going to explain tearing down a wall that cost 30 billion dollars for taxpayers/mexicans?

Simply by saying this "Walls are bad, we have been racially divided, racism reigned over us for these dark years, we will tear down this wall to signal a new prosperous relationship with our Mexican brethren, we're all humans after all!

Yes. That's exactly what I said.
>the constitution disallows one man getting 3 presidencies

unrelatedly - that picture is hilarious

He just turned 70, and he seems to age extremely well. If you look at him in videos and pictures from 10-15 years ago he doesn't look much different. He's an energetic 70 year old. He can serve two full terms, he'll be 78 at the end of it and probably still make it another 10+ years in life after he's done.

The people would not want a $20B wall being torn down, especially a big beautiful wall with giant golden T's printed along it every 1 mile. Trumps Wall will be like the Hoover Dam or Mount Rushmore, it will become part of the United States identity for centuries to come.

There's also rumor that the wall will be very wide, and perhaps either have a railway on top of it, or covered in solar panels. Either way that would make it almost untouchable by future government.

Trust me, Trump knows what he's doing and he will have the final say and the last laugh when all is said and done. You can count on that.

The wall is the biggest billboard advertisement in history. It's going to say "America. I deliver, and I'm going to keep delivering. And we're going to keep winning."

Once it's built it will cost money to tear down, and for what?
So mexicans can die of dehydration in the desert again?
No, democrats won't tear down the wall, they will just abandon it.
The wall by itself doesn't really accomplish much.
The important effect of trumps immigration policy is the increased funding and enforcement privileges of ICE and border patrol.
Typical trump tactic, do some flashy to draw attention and do the important thing where nobody is watching

>mfw the wall is done tomorrow and its made out of gold plated Californium
>Mexico paid for it

Under buget, and ahead of schedule

"The great Wall of america" has a nice ring to it.
Take that you stupid chinks

Blasphemy!

It'll be under budget and ahead of schedule.

You should be Hilary's campaign manager in 2020 lol

once trump rips up the cuckstitution he will serve as many terms as he wants

My prediction is the wall will be nothing more than a fence with a one grandiose location for Trump to have his picture taken in front.

Wasn't said by trump which means it will probably be done in half the time.

That aside, even if it went over budget by five times over it would still be cheaper than paying the spics welfare.

its sad how woefully low their estimated cost is. Its pretty easy for anyone to go on the gov sites and pull 2 stats and number crunch for 10 seconds

>"If elected I vow to tear down Trump's 21.6 billion dollar wall that would be almost completed after I take presidency"

that's a myth

The only answer is that it's up to him now. He has to win over the country. And he's doing a piss poor job of it tbhfamalam.

Democrat Wont rip it down for 2 reasons. They secretly support it. Second. They would get DESTROYED for wasting tax dollars on the démolition of it. Once its up. Obama wouldnt even rip it down.

3.5 years to complete.

it'll be getting more effective every day until every gap is closed, and they're likely to start with the most heavily trafficked gaps.

>end of his term

Top kek

>heavily trafficked areas
So the Visa departments?

4 more years#!!!

california really is a cancer

>I mean, Trump can't be president forever and the wall is controversial as fuck

Wait, do you cucks seriously thing this is going to end in a democratic election?

Everything that is happening now is Trump and co testing the waters. They're seeing where resistance is: judges, the press protesters.

All of the EOs are just to see what they can do right now, will old tools.

Wait for either:

1. Major terrorist action in the next year
2. War with another world power

Trump will need to assume extra powers for the crisis, will suspend congress and over right judicial actions to protect the country.

I mean are you seriously fucking retarded? Have you not read a single fucking word of actual alt-right righting other than what the lefty media tells you? Hint: Sup Forums is not the fucking alt-right.

lol, double kek if you think this is going to end in a fucking election

Or the next financial crisis which is mucccch more fucking likely.

>Trump isn't immortal
No man has ever been imbued with so much meme magic. The collective faith of mankind should be enough to keep his presence in the warp from ever diminishing.

They won't campaign on it. They'll just do it after they get in office. Look at Obama's campaign promises in 2008, he sounded like a center-right moderate.

>Wouldn't the next democrat just tear it down?
Black people are kicking white people out of the democrat party and taking it over. At the rate they're going there will never be another democrat government.

all of the above. Here's the red pill no one wants to swallow:

1. Global warming is fucking real. Yea I know that some of the people in charge claim to not believe this but that is utter bullshit. They deny it because the only reasonable solution right now is to *destroy* the global economy. Seriously, you stop global emissions now the whole fucking things screams to a halt. You think the pentagon is fucking unaware that what's happening in Syria is directly related to AGW. This is just the start.

2. We require continuous growth in nearly all sectors of the economy to survive. We need more oil each year, we need to produce more crops on the same number of acres each year and we need more people to buy more shit. But guess what: all of that requires limited resources which we know are going to run out sooner than later. This isn't enviro-fag shit, this is facts that anyone in the oil industry or the higher up in the military would never deny.

3. Once these two things kick in, guess what? Shit's going to get real, fast. Syria right now is the teeny-tiny tip of the ice burg. We haven't seen shit yet regarding either climate or natural resource exhaustion. We're going to see mass migrations, extreme violence over limited resources, etc.

4. The dream of a liberal democracy, despite the lefty hatred of capitalism, can only be sustained during times of extreme prosperity. We are already seeing that time end and it's only going to get worse.

What do you do when all this shit hits the fan. First you lock your fucking borders and horde resources like a motherfucker. You push the isolationist level all the way. Fuck democracy, you need radical, authoritative leadership immediately. You are going to be a military state from when this starts until where stabbing each other with pointy sticks again. The humanist dream of a liberal democracy is fucking over.

>Stop with the fucking shitposting, get serious for once.
>unironically think the dem will tear the wall down

The Dems would need to make tearing down the wall an official policy. Whilst people might protest the building of the wall in order to virtue signal, they will absolutely not vote to tear it down. No one actually votes for higher immigration when it is made clear.

The wall will stand for the thousand year reich.