I posted last night about moving to Wollongong and most aussies said it was a shit place to live and that i'll get my...

I posted last night about moving to Wollongong and most aussies said it was a shit place to live and that i'll get my ass kicked. I don't know how much of that is true but I figured i'd give more info about who I am and what i'll be doing there. I'm 30, pretty introverted, in pretty good shape, have strong feelings about politics and don't like it when people banter me. I'll be working at the university there but i'm not sure what to do in the city with my time off.

Is Wollongong really that bad? Or are you aussies just messing with me?

Other urls found in this thread:

community.boredofstudies.org/119/university-wollongong/254416/wollongong-bogan-capital-country.html
youtube.com/watch?v=vmL72sgVdAQ&t=19s
abc.net.au/news/2010-06-24/opal-fuel-leads-to-70pc-drop-in-petrol-sniffing/879990
numbeo.com/food-prices/country_result.jsp?country=Australia
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

i remember that thread

yes, wollongong is that bad, dont go.. Eastern Australia is fucked (with the exception of queensland)

Its the Detroit/Chicago of Australia

It looks great in pictures. The beaches look fantastic. I guess I didn't look too much into the city part

>yes, wollongong is that bad, dont go.. Eastern Australia is fucked (with the exception of queensland)
Lol this

Fuck off cunt we don't want anymore Americans here. Woollongong is just full of bogan cunts and loud mouth liberal cunts I went there to visit my friend who was at uni and all I ment were SJWs and shit skins. Move to Bathurst or orange. Kinda rural not too far from the city and fuck all shit skins.
You'll get hella bantered at pubs and there's no women there but country life is best life.

>Wollongong
I'm sorry to say this but anywhere outside of the state capitals are fucking shit. They're filled with abbos, have little to no employment for natives (how the fuck did a filthy Yank get a job here) and has shit public transport. You'll also need a car as there are great distances between everything.

You fucked up cunt.

New york and Paris look amazing according to the pictures

This is thread few years old but it's all still true

community.boredofstudies.org/119/university-wollongong/254416/wollongong-bogan-capital-country.html

I go once a week for work there and from what i can tell from my views on it and mates that live down there is that is pretty fucked to live in. Sure they have pros on living there, but more cons.
>tl/dr why not just visit china?

I once knew a guy from Wollongong. Lost touch with him after I moved in with my bf though.

did i say you can come in this thread you poof

Seriously Canada can you just fuck off?

>Lost touch with him after I moved in with my bf though.
Meh i got nothing against fags unles they are rabit lefties

are you living on a beachside property?

Got chased by some meth heads in wollongong once, gotta watch out for those.

How accurate is this video?

youtube.com/watch?v=vmL72sgVdAQ&t=19s

are there actual people like this in your country?

>QLD
>not as fucked as the rest of the eastern states

Go to Newcastle. Pretty place, not too busy

those banana farmers are pretty based

>Fucking top quality son

>you'll also need a car
kek
there are city fags here who cant even drive

It's a little embellished. But yes. They're usually abo though not white bogans

There are people like that in your country as well, go visit wyoming. Btw no joke, I wanted to live in wyoming because it looked great on paper, then I actually went there and it was full of meth heads.

Fucking heaps of them. This is an incredibly accurate depiction of Sydney trains stations.

someone come help continuing this geenral too

I mean its a comedic video but its not entirely an exaggeration. People like that do exist. But they aren't niggers so they won't jump you. They usually just stay spaced out in their own world.

perthfag here, its not that common to find these people but i have seen them, so dont be suprised if you see them

Never been there but it sounds good to me. If you were in Sydney you'd have to pay shit loads for rent and spend ages getting to and from work.

Fuckin bogans are usually pretty harmless no one forces you to hang out with them.

At worst you might get a death stare from some retard inbred.

You'll be right you poof.

fuck off wog

yeah i'm just giving cunts shit, but seriously, east of the dividing range is like a different country

Did you fucking call this cunt a poof?! You are scum, absolute haram scum. May Allah curse you a thousand times.
You must hope I don't ever find you.
You pig loving fuck.

eat a dick

Wollongong?

The fuck kind of name is that?

va te faire enculer

Almost spot on. Just needs the token abo who walks by saying... "da whi mans took ow lan, dis ow lan, gim dolla cunt"

>anywhere outside of the state capitals are fucking shit
>Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide are shit
I guess that leaves Hobart as the only habitable place in Australia

You know the rules

DIS MAH LAAAAAAND WHITE DAWG

It's a fuckin boong name. One thing the abos gave us was a bit of character in our geographical names. Something you wouldn't know about you bland leaf poof.

>are there actual people like this in your country?

Everywhere

Do abbos actually drink gas?

Did Australia actually have to create a new type of gas that abbos wouldn't drink?

>and don't like it when people banter me
You are a fucked. We don't like sooky bums

you wont fit in if you're not related to the one family that lives there

>live on the dividing range
>go east
>come back with a copy of mein kampf and a deathwish
>go west
>come back in a neat ass plane with a qt3.14 sucking venom out of my leg
>go north
>you don't go north mate
>go south
>你不去南伙伴

they sniff it, and yeah NT is the only state that uses it I think

I dunno but yeah petrol sniffing was a thing. Don't know if it still is.

Petrol smells good. If I was mong leaf like you I'd give it a go.

that's pretty accurate
apart from the leg bit, unless you call your cock a third leg

They sniff it, and Opal fuel is the stuff you're thinking of.

abc.net.au/news/2010-06-24/opal-fuel-leads-to-70pc-drop-in-petrol-sniffing/879990

it happened to a mate of mine, he got bitten by a snake and they had to come and pick him up

where abouts are you from?

faggot you live in the greatest country in the world and you want to move out?

fucking pleb

Yah they exist

SA, in the city now days though, still looking for work. theres not a lot of opportunity but more than the bush.
my dads mate got bitten on the ass and some cunt had to suck the venom out. still had to go to hospital though

run OP. run far. run fast. godspeed.

I was raped 3 times in one night while walking home from the pub in wollongong

>OP from US
>Greatest Country in the world
>kek

North Adelaide here

always here...

always on Sup Forums...

Ah sorry m8. We''re full. Absolutely no room for you. Better cancel your flight.

You're gonna get bashed and glassed mate

I'm not afraid of a fight. I've fought random assholes before and fucked them up. What makes you think some bogan retard will do any damage to me?

Nah Perth and Radelaide are ok m8.

Don't come here though, we're full, stay in Vic.

I live in Sydney and its actually very cozy mind the many Asians invading.

Western suburbs are the shit ones mate.

yeah we've all been there at some point.

Some cunts dont change.

I am dead set serious there are tonnes of people like this.

The Gong is okay. It has some rough elements though. Head up to the Shire if you have transport, its a better place to live.

Were I you I would just either live in the blue mountains or somewhere nice in brisbane instead of wollongong. White trash central, the nature is fine but the people are retards.

fuck off cunt cenny coast is hectic

Yeah it's pretty crap, though I went there about 10 years ago.

It's famous for being pretty crap though.

everywhere in the country tbqh

OP, I'm not Australian but I have been to Wollongong. Here's my opinion on the place...
Rough, lots of bogans, lots of unkept properties, shitty cars, abo problems. Yeah the beach looks good but by Australian standards it isn't all that.
Its not terrible city by any means, you'll get some good restaurants and cafes, you can walk around downtown without getting hassled, its cheaper than most Australian towns. Plus if you need a city fix, its a quick(ish) train ride into Sydney.

Go, enjoy it. Yep by Australian standards its a fucking dump, but by world standards its half decent. I've been to Cleveland OH, it actually has a few similarities to Wollongong believe it or not. Just not so extreme.

When I was a kid I lived in Gongers, I'm sure I remember the mayor got murdered in his own home. Is this true or an incorrect childhood memory. Can any anons confirm?
Sorry to offend you Medicine Hat, Moose Jaw or whatever the fuck your home town is called.

They're a small minority but they 100% exist

>implying it's Australia

Your whole nation is basically a shitty, desert version of Kansas.

>Some bogan retard
Yank, you don't get it.
You're not fighting one bloke. You're fighting a bloke and six of his drunk mates.
And sure you might be Rambo. You might win. Guess what.
Those seven cunts have lived here their whole life, they've got friends and family everywhere, and every single one of them now fucking hates you.
And every one of THEIR friends.
And all of THEIR friends.
Now you're the cunt yank who beat up Travs and the boys for no good reason, and the whole place hates you.
You'll eventually resent the place, even if you do keep your face.

And I'm not even getting started on abos. Get a whole tribe of them against whitey without backup, good luck bud.

Ausmerican here, I do hear some bad about it.

Life in aus is like your freshman year of high school except it never ends. You absolutely need to adapt to handling the bantz here. It is seriously an everyday part of life that everyone will take the piss on everyone else.

I was in a work explosion and first thing I got told even before hazard report was "sorry we told them pakis where ya was mate!" "oi get the yank outta here we'll get blown up AGAIN!" etc. Its all in /GOOD FUN/ but you gotta be able to take it.

I live in Brisbane and its kind of a boring place, but the quality of life is superior in aus. Generally if you are an introvert you'll be unmolested.

Something to remember in aus is people MIGHT come up and talk to you or ask how your day is (even in wollongong). I was used to american city life and to me, there's zero reason someone would speak to you unless they wanted something from you or wanted to sell you something (drugs, money, etc etc). People will seriously just ask random strangers how their day is in aus, like its a fucking RPG or the 1950's or something.

Even in wollongong surrounded by bogans you eventually qualify for FREE MEDICAL. I'd choose wollongong over any city in america anyway. Don't let the aussies scare you.

hdi

LMAO youre actually moving to WOLLONGONG?!?!? m8 ive just moved from that hellhole of a country, stay in america man, where are you moving from?

That picture's a bloody masterpiece.

it's not just physically everyone here will fuck with you mentally to test your strength. Also dodgy cunts dont fight fair

>sorry we told them pakis where ya was mate

>10% of land used
>90% still habitable
>fuck off we're full
>kek

Compared to the USA, you have:

>More expensive property unless it's in the middle of the godforsaken outback
>No guns
>Less job opportunity especially in the technical fields (IT, software engineering, etc) which is basically non-existent there
>Out-fucking-rageous prices for cigarettes and other amenities we take for granted
>higher cost of living in general

Are these prices accurate? numbeo.com/food-prices/country_result.jsp?country=Australia

If so I have no idea how you faggots can afford to eat meat.

My mate works at the 'Gong University in the languages department, I'm sure you'll be fine.

Moving from southern california

When boston marathon happened they confronted me about the missing ball bearings and pressure cooker from the breakroom.

I didn't even know the bombing happened and I came into work and everyone was like "oh well, I can tell YOU didn't have a jog this morning!" No clue what they were on about for an hour.

Then there was how I kept pronouncing Route as "root" and they kept tricking me into saying how hard my root was and did I wanna borrow someone elses root etc. Now I say rowt.

Better question. I am an Ivy League stem fag. White and not weird.

Can I get a high paying job?
Is there weed?
How expensive is everythjng?
How are women?
What about guns?
How are (((taxes)))?

This takes place in a town called Dapto, its the Dapto train station. Dapto is notorious for being the most rough, bogan hellhole with nothing but ice addicts and drunk cunts on the train. I lived about 15 mins away and its nothing like this.

I bet hundreds of Newstart dollars went into that shoop

hey srs question here cunts, whats the best colour? i reckon its blue

Socal? Where the fuck are you, I used to live in San Diego and Los angeles.

How are you moving here anyways, marriage visa? Student visa? Whats the dealio brother

The sad thing is that by now I understand 90% of it, even the cheez tv logo

how hard was your route mate? hope you didn't make a wrong turn

I live about an hour and a half north of san diego. And I just applied to work overseas and the university in wollongong was the first place to accept me

Lmao thats where i moved to. Where in SoCal? Ive moved to the conservative safehaven of cali called Newport beach, shits dope if you can afford it.

I'm moving to Wollongong to beat up every single person in town, twice.

Good luck, give them one for me you soft cunt.

How could you not love our banter

>Can I get a high paying job?
Not if you aren't Indian and taking payment in chips, IPAs and toilet paper.
>Is there weed?
Nearly everywhere but it gets cracked down on. Easier to find meth which is fucking disgraceful.
>How expensive is everythjng?
Very. Especially shipped overseas. Even moreso for alcohol/smokes (think $30US for a 700ml bottle of Jack Daniels)
>How are women?
Easy, feminazi or both. Otherwise taken (one by me get rekt poofta)
>What about guns?
Practically illegal
>How are (((taxes)))?
Cunt's fucked mate, cunt's fucked.

Its really easy to get a student visa renewed too, and if you like the place, just get married.

Dont let them scare you, even the shittiest abbo parts of aus are still better than LA and south of the 8 in the dego.

You will notice immediately, even in bogansville, that your money goes a long ways in aus and you practically have to try on PURPOSE to fail and become a bum. There's no bums. They all get given centrelink and a neetlife instead.

The accent isn't like on TV.

You will struggle to understand people for the first 3 months cause they kind of "mumble" aside from the accent.

Blue is always the best colour unless you're talking about origin or we're facing India in the cricket.