Nazi-era German anthem at tennis tournament sparks outrage

bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38948274

>The United States Tennis Association has apologised after a version of the German national anthem associated with the Nazi era was accidentally sung at a tournament in Hawaii.
>The obsolete first verse, including the words "Germany, Germany above all else" was sung by a soloist at the Fed Cup.
>The error left members of the German team and fans upset and angry.
>The USTA extended "a sincere apology to the German Fed Cup team and fans for the outdated National Anthem".
>"This mistake will not occur again," it said.
>Germany's Andrea Petkovic and Alison Riske of the US were about to play their first-round tie when the anthem was heard.
>"It was an absolute outrage and affront, the lowest," Petkovic said. "It was by some way the worst thing that's happened to me, especially in the Fed Cup."
>The song, the Deutschlandlied, became the official German anthem under the democratic Weimar Republic in the 1920s.
>But after World War Two, the first, contentious verse was dropped and the Federal Republic adopted only the third verse beginning "Unity and justice and freedom".

What the fuck is wrong with burgers?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=A8KfGDTpZJM
keepvid.com/?url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8KfGDTpZJM
youtube.com/watch?v=_UE80Giic7k
youtu.be/O6IolW8yq3Q
youtube.com/watch?v=drAwiSG4slI
m.youtube.com/watch?v=sQtr2kjIrMw
youtube.com/watch?v=qkTRamZ0PsQ
youtube.com/watch?v=wLX4NYrW1bI
sueddeutsche.de/sport/fed-cup-es-war-das-mit-abstand-schlimmste-was-mir-im-leben-passiert-ist-1.3374958
youtube.com/watch?v=x2YlbiyiuMc
youtube.com/watch?v=DTV92wqYjfA
youtube.com/watch?v=Mw6HMaGk6T4
youtube.com/watch?v=S2dOhqdM1mc
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Tyrol
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

HEY GERMANY

youtube.com/watch?v=A8KfGDTpZJM

LISTEN TO THIS

I cant, secret police will get me

>Nazi-era anthem
yeah no you moron

that's the joke!

get rek't cuck!

not available in my country

LOL

keepvid.com/?url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8KfGDTpZJM

FUCKING KEK

youtube.com/watch?v=_UE80Giic7k

Jokes on you. I cant ;^)

no their government actively censors the videos they can and cannot view

This would more than likely also be "unavailable in your country" to Deutschland, Uber Alles.

youtu.be/O6IolW8yq3Q

And anyone who has it blocked just download proxtube and it will unblock it

see

1st verse: germany over everthing
2nd verse: german women and wine
3rd verse: unity and right

expectedly only the 3rd verse is allowed to be played today, welcome to the cuck center of gravity!

Works fine for me.

GERMANY YES

Holy fuck you are cucked beyond saving

>Nazi-era anthem
>from the 1840's
>became the anthem in 1918 in Weimar Germany
really makes you think

>american sports game
>plays israel national anthem
>dancers form up numbers 6 000 on the field
>oh geez i didnt know whoops my bad for mixing these up

youtube.com/watch?v=drAwiSG4slI

>hey user you want some pudding?
>yeah sure!
>*hands me a hockey puck made out of blood
What is wrong with the rest of the worst

die you filthy nazis

for me too.

It'd be amazing if there was just one fucking German player who gave NO FUCKS and straightened up like an arrow when it started playing and goosestepping around the court.

>But after World War Two, the first, contentious verse was dropped and the Federal Republic adopted only the third verse beginning "Unity and justice and freedom".

tfw you didn't know. But why they modified it?

God forbid Germany care about itself more than anyone else.

Not too much of that now, Komrade.

Put national anthem of Israel

Reported to the ADL

I mean, I'm not particularly bothered by it, I find it hilarious for the most part, and people who are literally shaking because of something like that need a thicker skin. But getting a country's fucking anthem wrong at your sporting event is incompetence of the highest level. Like, seriously, how do you fuck that up?

Is that the famous American education?

Blood is tasty!

Because the second one is kinda meh andt he first one talks about regions that aren't part of Germany anymore, so the rest of the world would be triggered. The anthem was misunderstood all the time anyway, "Deutschland über alles" means "Germany should be more important than your small little duchy or kingdom in the German confederation" but it was easy to exploit by enemy propaganda as "see that means they think they'e superior and want to conquer everyone".

It is hardly a Nazi anthem but a reference to the time when Germany was split in many small states, thus why 'Germany above all else' and ''unity"

>Germany's Andrea Petkovic
Sounds like slav trash.

haha german media is going total bonkers because of that

Hahahahaahaha

Here is a video of it.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=sQtr2kjIrMw

the jewish one looks shit, fuck jews

No, mate.

The joke is definitely on you.

He's not kidding, either.

BETTER THAN THE ANTHEM

youtube.com/watch?v=qkTRamZ0PsQ

Me to. Why? We didn't kill any jews.

i just figured thats its Germany above all in a sense above all those statelets, and anything else, i.e. religion which bloodily separated people in Germany.

>lapland

This is why I don't ask Finns for directions.

is this some kind of gay promo video for a club?

Wait, Deutschland, Deutschlsnd über alles isn't used anymore?
Well shit. I've been singing it wrong my whole life.

they should ve picked a different anthem in 1945 if they wanted to avoid the first verse. its seems so stupid to pic a song for an anthem, then ignore its first two verses.

I don't know, my American chum, is it?
youtube.com/watch?v=wLX4NYrW1bI

source?
The aztec one looks fantastic

Occupied territory was technically on Germany's side at the time. You have to take responsibility for your actions.

dutch are confirmed nazicucks
why dont you just become the 17th bundesstate?

What happens if I sing deutschland uber alles in germany

Some very old people will start to sing along

>You have to take responsibility for your actions.

which seems to be overdone by white people. will Germany spend another 100 years basically apologizing for the nazis? will america spend forever apologizing for slavery and small pox and the Indian wars?

jeez. the song is not about Germany being "over everyone else", it's about germany being a nation instead of a lot of small monarchies.

that moron said hearing the song was the worst moment of her life. good god she must have lived a wonderful life if hearing some non-hateful words crushed her.

antifa will come for your ass

Who can say for sure.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA Fucking idiots tryong to sing louder than the guy... fucking brilliant

sueddeutsche.de/sport/fed-cup-es-war-das-mit-abstand-schlimmste-was-mir-im-leben-passiert-ist-1.3374958
>It is the Year 2017
>By far the worst thing to happen to me in my entire life
>Immediately started to cry

THIS IS HORRIBLE

It's not illegal. I think the Horst Wessel Lied is though.

You white people are strange. When my people commit genocide we just pretend it never happen and never talk about it but you white people cry like babies everytime you mention this holocaust stuff freaking hilarious pussies.

(Looks like you've got Survivor guilt)

(thank you for enjoying my pun)

Because then we'd be more cucked. Just look at the Merkel's refugee policy.

>Germany, Germany above all else,
>Above all else in the world,
>when, for protection and defense,
>it always stands brotherly together
>From the Meuse to the Memel,
>From the Adige to the Belt

That geographical definition of Germany caused 2 world wars. Of course it should be removed.

Germany starts at the Rhine and ends at the Oder and it sure don't expand deep into the Alps.

Wait, for how long have the two first verses been banned? I didnt know you were this cucked.

French people smell bad.

People are still applauding.

Try a bit of empathy, she has basically been conditioned all her life like a pawlovian dog to have an emotional meltdown about this stuff.

Dont try to emulate the australians, leaf, you're terrible at it.

I bet retarded Frauke got a bit wet.

What is this I can't even :^D

How pathetic do you have to be to cave into foreign influence and change your own anthem?
How much more pathetic do you have to be to actually defend it?

It's not even about the fucking lyrics, it's about national pride and sovereignty, not letting foreigners fuck with your domestic policies.

youtube.com/watch?v=x2YlbiyiuMc

You were saying?

(Vinnie Paz used this in one of his songs)

Personally I like the DDR one
youtube.com/watch?v=DTV92wqYjfA

Reported to the shariah police

That's untrue. Germany went to war in WWI because Russia threatened it and in WW2 because it had to defend itself against Poland and France eventually attacking it and Poland being a bitch about a city they didn't have any use of at that point.

God that is some funny shit. Such butthurt.

>Bahamas

You're an ayylmao reminiscing about his peoples genocide of travelers in the Bermuda Triangle aren't you?

>How pathetic do you have to be to cave into foreign influence and change your own anthem?

Do you understand the concept of how peace treaties work for the losing side?

Meant for (You) of course.

>The song, the Deutschlandlied, became the official German anthem under the democratic Weimar Republic in the 1920s
So it isn't really the "Nazi anthem", even though the Nazis used it when they took over... it is the Weimar anthem.

:^D

Wir brauchen keine Bratwurstzange!

It was used by the people since the Marchrevolution.

If only the old black-white-red tricolors were used and the reichsadler were to fly, then it would have been perfect.

>will Germany spend another 100 years basically apologizing for the nazis?

Probably.

Meanwhile Austria never had to apologize.
Funny how that works.

youtube.com/watch?v=Mw6HMaGk6T4

Germany smells!

What the fuck is wrong with germans being offended at their own national anthem?

>That geographical definition of Germany caused 2 world wars
France and GB caused both of them.
France was buttblasted about 1871 and GB didn't like the fact that Germany tried to contest them in naval power so they were eager to have a war with Germany.

Ville?

What would they do if you told them to fuck off in the modern day? Trump would give you a thumbs up, Putin would give you a thumbs up and the rest of Europe is too weak to do anything without the US.

We learned that version in German class in school, our teacher was based though. She allways hit me with nazi jokes and only taught me pickup lines.

youtube.com/watch?v=S2dOhqdM1mc

This one encourages mixing of the blood.

This triggers krautcucks if they can bypass the Merkel internet wall.

>Invade British ally knowing full well that we would declare war on you because it a British ally
>Act surprised when it happens
haha yeah. All Britain's fault. Hitler dindu nuffin. He didn't wanted a war. He even dropped leaflets over Britain. How kind of him

Fuck off neonazi scum.

>it sure don't expand deep into the Alps
The people of Südtirol would like to have a word with you:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Tyrol
>Standard German plays a dominant role in education and media.

Yeah, but why would you revive an old song that contains completely outdated geographical information? Being outdated because you never update is understandable, that's just regular laziness, but being outdated because you actively downdate inexcusable.

lel i bet no one other than germans would have ever realized that it was the wrong verse anyway

And then coopted by the Nazis as a prelude to their shit Horst song. Nazis ruin everything.

>downdate inexcusable

I meant "is inexcusable"

Take that land back to bring your anthem up to date, then.

>Germany, Germany above all else
>Nazi
Wipe this scourge from the face of the earth.

Hold on, wasn't there an economical boom, the so-called "golden era" of Germany under the Weimar?
leave it up to a bunch of immigrant loving jew gassers to trash anything rational or prosperous in their governance (like maybe a functional border that doesn't let millions of rapists in)

You retards caused WW2 when you destroyed Germany economically and socially after WW1.