There are people on this board RIGHT NOW who think that John Howard's gun laws were a bad idea

>there are people on this board RIGHT NOW who think that John Howard's gun laws were a bad idea

Sickening to be honest, action needed to be taken against the cuck cannon killings.

>cuck cannon killings

What's that OP?

What /leftypol/ calls guns.

>punch somebody in the face.
>at most give them a black eye, maybe a bloody nose.
>"Yeah! Imma MAN!"
>Use gun.
>blow holes through somebody.
>heavy trauma, blood loss and death.
>"hurr you're a pussy!"
/Leftypol/ everyone.

Finally, someone who understands that gun control was needed here.

Australia didn't need his overbearing gun control laws needed better mental health checks

You, fuck off.

not really. Violent people that go around hitting people without lawful reason are bad, small people that we as a society look down upon.
People just have alot more potential and capacity for inflicting violence with guns and then again with fast shooting guns.
I love guns and have three. But it's clear that we need to regulate them similar to the Australians.

With all the evil monsters in the outback you'd think every Aussie would be all Mad Max'ed out.

but you can't get a gun licence without automatic mental health checks.
So.. Australia now has "better mental health checks".
Similarly if you have a DVO taken out against you, you can't have a gun licence which is fair enough. Also if you have recent violent offence convictions (like robbery) you can't have a gun licence. Again that seems like reasonable regulations.

but they are. People going into the outback often have long arms with them. There is nothing unlawful about that provided you got a gun licence which is a simple 4 hour course, background checks and some forms.
Sensible, consistent common sense gun regulations are not the end of the world.

You are so hopelessly deluded. What are you even doing here you faggot?

I love guns.
However I don't want spoons (the mentally ill) or people with criminal history getting their hands on them.

Do they have a cool ride and ass-less chaps too? Because it's not officially Mad Max'ed out until you are wearing ass-less chaps.

there is no law against carrying a firearm in the australian outback with assless chaps (provided you're appropriately licenced.

Further, I ride an africa twin.
not sure if that's cool.
I have a glock, spartan 1911 and a 308 rifle.

I have fucked the mommies and waifus of EVERY anti-gunner in this thread and if any more of you post I'll fuck yours too, so watch out!

>John Howard's gun laws were a bad idea
All baiting aside, they were. They were ideologically driven, not driven by evidence.

>They were ideologically driven, not driven by evidence

You could say the same for the right to bear arms when it was written.

>You could say the same for the right to bear arms when it was written.
...your point is...?

Your argument for easy access to guns has no evidence behind it, but the HUNDREDS of cuck cannon killings in recent years points to a need for Australian style laws in the USA.

We learnt after a single massacre and said never again, it pains us that you are yet to learn the same lesson.

but they worked.
contemporary Australian gun regulation worked.
The 'right to bear arms' has resulted in alot of fun and personal liberty but also alot of tragedy as a result of easily accessible firearms for almost everyone.

Why not? You have your own gun, you can protect ur property and family. Who cares if two downs syndrome thieves have guns?

>Your argument for easy access to guns
I never said what the laws should be, Mx Fallicity von Strawmanner.

New Zealand's gun reform laws worked too. So did Finland's, Belgium's, Czech Republic's, France's, Northern Ireland's, Canada's, etc. Turns out, there are many ways to effect change, who'd have thought!

The fact that there are countries with looser gun restrictions and lower gun homicide rates proves that we don't need gun restrictions as tightly as they are in this country.

>But they worked
Did they though?

Did they really?

Be a shame if the facts contradicted you or something.

Why do you even pretend you give a shit? If you want to "save lives", there are other forms of freedom you could be defecating on, and save more people than you'd be "saving" with your beloved draconian gun laws. Look up various ways shitbags find to get themselves killed. Here in the US we average close to 100 people a day lost to clueless people behind the wheel, and a quarter of that is our average for gun deaths. Of course you won't see our media, or our version of you people (government fetishizing democrats) acting like that is even a problem. No, apparently that's completely okay, because the instrument isn't shaped like a gun. Go fuck yourself cunt, clueless people like you that can't think for themselves, and serve your freedom killing messiahs are the problem. You always have been.

wtf?

chil' out man