So tell me Sup Forums since you're so smart and unbiased

So tell me Sup Forums since you're so smart and unbiased.

Why hasn't Donald Trump released his tax returns?

Give me a legitimate answer to this question and not the typical echo chamber autistic screeching of "HILLARY SHILL CTR THEY STILL PAYING YOU REEEE!?".

Other urls found in this thread:

thehill.com/policy/finance/270964-irs-nothing-prevents-trump-from-releasing-tax-returns
petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/immediately-release-donald-trumps-full-tax-returns-all-information-needed-verify-emoluments-clause-compliance
youtu.be/6aW_D9AZgfs
scribd.com/document/337535680/Full-David-Brock-Confidential-Memo-On-Fighting-Trump#from_embed
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Perhaps because there's no legal reason for him to do so.

There's no CTR/Crew here.
Just anons larping for (you)s
Sup Forums hears about these groups then starts trolling it's self and the gullible take the bait fueling it further.

Kinda pathetic really.

t. downplay troll

If you start a sentence with perhaps you should end it with a question mark you fucking slant.

Anyway, you're correct he is not legally required to release this information but he is choosing not to. Why?

Also, he said he would.

Because he has nothing to gain from it. The only people that want him to release tax returns are the same people (the media) that want to find any sort of small discrepancy and blow it out of proportion.

What would it accomplish? How would it benefit him?

He doesn't have to, there are no laws which require him to do so.

>make thread asking a question
>LOL TROLL LARPER HAHA
Get the fuck out if you have nothing of value to contribute shithead.

So you admit that he is hiding something. What is it?

Legit answer:

>he said he would
When they are no longer under audit.

It would appease the people asking for it and give him one less thing to be attacked for.

He doesn't have to but everyone before him has and it's extremely unusual that he hasn't. People are asking for it.

Why doesn't he just release them and be done with it?

He said he would after the audit. If he doesn't keep his word at that time, you can start your thread again

>he is choosing not to. Why?

because he is not legally required to release this information

>one less thing to be attacked for.
>theres a finite number of things he will be attacked for

No, it will just give insane leftists a lot more shit to blather about. His returns would be hundreds of pages long, and leftists would misinterpret everything, and scream endlessly about everything. If the income was high, they would scream that he was too rich. If it was low, they would scream that he was not a good businessman. A lose-lose situation for him. Leftists would just use it as another angle of attack. And you know it. So stop.

Are you aware that the IRS has said he is free to release them at any time?

thehill.com/policy/finance/270964-irs-nothing-prevents-trump-from-releasing-tax-returns

Hey OP, where are your tax returns?

Literally no reason to. Simple as that

If that's the case then would it not be easier to defend if he released them?

Trump could easily point to the numbers and the crazy libs would be BTFO. They aren't going to change their opinion anyway.

It's the moderates like me who have to ask "well why hasn't he done this?".

If he did I could look at it and say "yep, ok, there's nothing there."

But since he adamantly refuses to everything is speculation and the 'why' question remains.

In my desk at home. Are you comparing an average citizen to the POTUS?

Are you just shitposting? Are you a retard? Do you actually have a point?

Read the thread, I'm not answering this again.

Yes, do you know what it means? His under audit to see if his complying to the law, once it's approved, there are no more "legal" issues to be addressed as the IRS will have agreed with them.

>If you start a sentence with perhaps you should end it with a question mark you fucking slant.
Not if it's not a question.

This White House gov petition is getting close to 1 million. Six times the target number of 'give a fuck' requirement number. Give the people what they want.

petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/immediately-release-donald-trumps-full-tax-returns-all-information-needed-verify-emoluments-clause-compliance

>why not give the people what they want

Are you fucking ESL?

>IRS: you can release your tax returns at any time.

What does that sentence mean to you?

Because Trump is a spineless coward. He can only scream loud and sign EO-s, but he has 0 understanding of how the system actually works.

Because there is no reason for him to do so.

>So you admit that he is hiding something. What is it?
Most likely nothing. But that's not going to fucking stop CNN.

- If he never releases them, the media keeps ranting about it endlessly and the millions of people who never gave a shit even when it wasn't ancient history just tune them out even more.

- If he does release them, every tiny little detail gets intentionally misinterpreted as evidence of a direct link between Trump and Putin (or whoever the boogeyman of the week is).

- (And obviously on the off chance there is actual shady stuff he wouldn't want anyone to know about it.)

Under no scenario is there any advantage at all for Trump to release them, and not releasing them helps in his quest to goad the media into self destruction.

To put it in terms you'd sympathize with: When Obama released his birth certificate, did it stop all the wackos from calling him Kenyan, or did it give the whole dying story fresh legs and the conspiracy nuts more things to obsess over?

>If you start a sentence with perhaps you should end it with a question mark you fucking slant.
Perhaps that is true, but you're still retarded.

His post was framed as a question and would've been interpreted more easily that way.

God damn I need to put in an inb4 for these idiots haha

Because no one cares about his federal income tax return.

/thread

All in all, he's a spineless coward if he's afraid of some lib backlash. Easy

You know these are all mestizos right?

Because maybe he doesn't pay all his taxes, retard. Who the fuck cares?
youtu.be/6aW_D9AZgfs

>he's afraid of some lib backlash.
He's been deliberately provoking lib backlash for months. It's part of the fucking plan.

Have you been paying attention?

He did not do that because that would have hurt him. He clearly used all kinds of loopholes and barely legal methods to decrease them.

So?

Because it doesn't matter and it makes libtards cry?

"It doesn't say in the bible" - yeah, Peter Hitchens is a legit guy to listen to rofl

Because media will attack him for anything. It's not illegal to not release his tax returns so why should he? It's a no win proposition for him. Maybe if MSM shills were objective and honest about thier criticism of Trump I would support it for the sake of honesty but honestly FUCK liberals and FUCK MSM we are done doing what you want.

nobody cares :^)

get out fake news

He's under no obligation to do so

Whether you're religious or not - the only thing we have close to objective morality is religion. Without religion morality is pure abstraction.

scribd.com/document/337535680/Full-David-Brock-Confidential-Memo-On-Fighting-Trump#from_embed

FUCK YOU KILL YOURSELF

Yeah, but if obama were to omit his tax returns, you would be screaming here along with other basement dwellers about being a dirty nigger who hides stuff. Lets be real now:)

How long did it take for Obama to release his fucking birth certificate?
If Trump's taxes aren't up to snuff he can pay that shit off and continue on with his day.
If Obama's birth certificate wasn't up to snuff he was ineligible for president under our law.

He's waiting for the HRC camp or whoever to release the tape of him saying "nigger" first.

I'm not arguing that he can't release them, I'm arguing I would also only release mine once the audit has been completed.

But its true

There is no point in releasing them

Speak for yourself. I come from a very atheist country. In fact around 25% of people consider them religious here. Technologically speaking we're on pretty good footing. Crime is relatively low, too. No morality dilemmas. People go to work, live their life. Maybe it's a problem for you brits then?

Part of Obama's policy was to raise taxes in the US, part of Trump's policy is to lower them tremendously. Obama has no excuse for not paying his taxes when it comes to comparison with his policy while Trump can at least claim he wasn't paying them because they were too high under Obama.

1. He doesn't have to
2. The president nominees have to file financial disclosure paperwork and the IRS has his tax returns. If he was doing something illegal then the IRS (especially one under the last administration) would have skewered him by now
3. You saw how one of his tax returns were released and everyone lost their shit that he didn't pay that much even though he followed the tax code that Bill instated to a T. Basically the would take every detail and blow it out of proportion knowing the majority of the public (including moderates such as yourself) know very little about tax law
4. >bbut other presidents do it

Not an argument

And your point is.....?

The media would take every detail*

My point? Your point was that religion is a something that keeps people's "morality together". Was it not? It's a flawed statement. It maybe true in some radical islamic country where the religion is permeated the whole society (including lawmaking). Does your morality fall apart when you can't read your fancy bible, or go to church every sunday?

You've completely misunderstood what I'm saying. There's nothing to say you can't be an inoffensive individual under the law without morality - I'm saying that without an objective set of divine rulings, morality as a concept is complete abstraction and meaningless. I'm not religious either but I accept the fact morality is meaningless without religion.

Tom Arnold?
There couldn't be a bigger why.

>Why hasn't Donald Trump released his tax returns?

The more money you make the more deductions you try and take. This is common knowledge for people who make a decent living.

Imagine how many deductions a billionaire must have. The average person is not going to understand he pays millions in other taxes and are only going to look at the deductions.

Look at it this way: You can be a millionaire and pay no federal income tax. However, you're still paying millions in other taxes.

I mean, how do you think the media would report it? "Trump takes many deductions" or "Trump pays no federal income tax"?

You know which one.

>HILLARY SHILL CTR THEY STILL PAYING YOU REEEE!
you aren't denying it so HILLARY SHILL CTR THEY STILL PAYING YOU REEEE!

Is this the new birth certificate meme?

Haha you got me, good one.

False. Are you enjoying your echo chamber wittle babby?

>Who the fuck cares?
Millions of Americans.

Legitimate answer thank you.

But still he should release them so they can be analyzed.

If he released them then he could simply say "there's nothing, see?". Only the insane liberals would still attack him and their viewed as clowns by everyone anyway. It seems like a win win for to him.

Unless he's hiding something.

Because there is no benefit for him. Even a 101% clean spotless record that shows he donated huge amounts and saved a kitten once per week would still be used by MSM to attack him constantly, backing their claims with half truths, numbers out of context and outright lies.

LOL noice that's what I said

I'm not saying that without going to church you become a rapist you idiot. I'm saying that if there is no God or divine set of objective morals - morality is a meaningless concept. This isn't me saying that irreligious people are more likely to commit crimes or anything of the sort. I'm saying there is no such thing as morality full stop if there is no God.

Everything we do is abstract. The whole society is built upon on an agreed set of principles we - the humans - have developed. Who's to say anything we have built is optimal objectively speaking? But then again, by whose standards. Right?

I understand the concept of religion was created by some smart persons to keep human nature in balance. Or maybe not. Maybe it was created for the purpose of controlling the society by the few. Who knows.

I don't need an abstract "divinity" to keep my moral compass in check. Just like in Christian society nothing would happen in 20..40 years when suddenly everyone stopped believing in something divine. Younger generations tend to see the picture more clearly.

no one cares bro

SeeIf they were illegal he would have been shut down by the IRS or it something would have been found in his financial disclosures. And there is nothing morally wrong with using loopholes created legally. The media would have to believe otherwise though

>why won't Trump do this thing that he's in no way obligated to do, has nothing to gain from, and will only give the media more to lie about?
>i-i'm not CTR i swear!

Another thought-provoking thread brought to you by ShareBlue™

You're right you don't need any divinity to keep your moral compass in check. Because without it you have no moral compass - everything you do is driven by self interest and I bet you can't name a single thing you've ever done that wasn't driven by self interest.

he said he would release them after hillary releases all of her deleted emails

Fuck off you know that's not true. There is no such thing as a sane liberal. They shit thier pants over his LEGAL tax returns so again, FUCK liberals and FUCK MSM. Act unreasonably and get treated unreasonably, we don't do what you faggots say anymore.

You have an actual point?

>Obama
Don't give a shit. This isn't an Obama thread. If you want to talk about Obama start your own thread. This is about Trump's tax returns.

Nice strawman though.

Not interested.

This point has been addressed and responded to multiple times already.

he LEGALLY can that doesn't mean it would be a good idea...

He promised to release his tax returns
He didn't

Just another one of Mr. Trumps lies

It is kind of suspicious that he's so guarded about it. If he knew everything was in order, why not just do it to shut everybody up and remove it from discussion? Especially since he was the one that led the charge hounding for Obama's birth cirtificate for so many years.

Because it would hurt him politically to do so, and he gains nothing from releasing them, so why would he? Most people don't care anyway,and those who demand his tax returns aren't exactly going to stop whining even if he does release them.

MSM attacks him for literally anything. Wahhhhh why won't trump do what we say??!???

Again, you're trying to draw a line between some "greater good" and your own well-being. What is this driven self-interest you talk about? What's the other alternative. What's the purpose of the alternative then? Greater good for what? What's the purpose of it? I said the whole society is built upon agreed (abstract) set of rules. Somehow we, humans, did come together to make a pact: laws. Laws that when you break them, you get punished. It has little to do with any divine factor+the moral compass. It's just a straight way to keep human brain in touch not to be become an anarchist. Hypothalamus is this nice piece of part of our brains that sends interesting signals to trigger different chemical reactions. So if one moment we see no man-made rules applied to us, we would create anarchy. No bible or any other magic man will keep these volitions down in your body.

What is "driven by self-interest"?
What is the "greater good to live for"?

He doesn't have to and there is zero benefit for him doing so.

i woildnt want him to do that i hope he wont release, it makes leftists more mad and it makes me happy. and his taxes, well quite frankly i couldnt gives less of a fuck about.

> Also, he said he would.

He said he would after Hillary 'released' her e-mails. Which never happened.
But whatever, keep regurgitating the same arguments again and again.

One million and counting......

This isn't the MSM though, the people signing petitions about it and going to that tax day march about it aren't all CNN corespondants.

No, why won't Drumpf do what he says he will do?

That's the question. Cucked Drumpf faggot.

Are you going to address Or ? If he did anything illegal the IRS would be after him and the media would just blow everything else out of proportion that people (and no, not just insane lib shits) who know fuck all about tax law would freak out about

Legitimate reason;

He doesn't need to. He won. Its over. Nothing more to do but be President.

My argument isn't that there is any greater good. You're building up a hefty strawman here. My argument is plain and simple. Without a divine set of objective morals - morality doesn't exist and everything that humans do is driven by self interest. I never once mentioned a greater good.

So you're saying that he won't do it because the media would use it against him?

Couldn't he just point out that everything is in order and prove there is nothing wrong, removing the need for speculation?

If anything it seems like the if the MSM did what you're suggesting they would just get BTFO again and people be distrusted even more.

Seems like a win for him to me.

That's a bit extreme bud. Half this country is liberal.

The people signing petitions and going to that soros-funded tax day march will never be satisfied so why bother?

Let me draw a line again by differentiating the social construct of "morality" and the way we mammals act biologically.

I think it's safe to say we can only tame ourselves. No other synthetic factor plays a big role here. EXCEPT radical islamic states. These are countries where people are poisoned with this religious terror. They have to idea how to function otherwise.

Sorry I'm at work and responding to several people.

>If he did anything illegal the IRS would be after him
How do we know they aren't unless he releases the returns?

>the media would just blow everything else out of proportion that people (and no, not just insane lib shits) who know fuck all about tax law would freak out about
I understand this point and I'm starting to think this may be why but I still think it would be better for him overall if the information was out there. Then at least anyone who writes some bullshit article could be shut down easily and they'd lose credibility.

>trump says everything is find
>CNN has some bullshit tax expert point out a flaw that isn't illegal or even a big deal and blow it out of proportion

>CNN constantly beats the non issue home

>liberals and moderates swayed by either their own confirmation bias or the fact that an (((expert))) was brought on

Morality has forever been an objective and divine concept - it is only recently that it has been attempted to be redefined in a secular relativistic way. The natural conclusion to being an atheist is the acceptance that morality doesn't exist and human nature is purely defined by self interest. If you're an atheist and still believe in the notion of altruistic morality then you haven't thought your views through enough.

You could've said the same thing about Obama's birth certificate 4 years ago though, he still did it. And low and behold everybody shut the fuck up about it.

Question: why DON'T you want him to release his tax returns? It would be very easy to do, and it's no skin off your back one way or the other.

>how do we know
Because the IRS is in charge of ensuring that like I've said 3 times now

>because that person would lose credibility

Sorry, what am I not making clear enough here? Moderates and liberals are not going to take Trump's explanation of them being fine they're going to listen CNN beat a dead horse about some ridiculous detail like they did with his 90's leaked tax return

I've also said this multiple times now, the general public knows fuck all about tax law. There is zero benefit to releasing taxes where the media can exploit and twist facts about his tax returns knowing they don't.

Could care less how much he makes or what loopholes he uses. I fight my hardest to pay little or no taxes just like the rest of America. Whats with the obsession of the left with seeing the tax returns of other people ?

donald trump fans love being cuckolded by him, that's why they don't want his tax returns

This samurai is based.

He's right. Why would Trump provide information that could be used against him? He won the election anyway! Most people don't care about his returns, they understand that people know Trump is rich beyond comprehension, even if the returns show otherwise.

If the returns say he has a billion dollars, that's still really rich in comparison to the average guy, so NO ONE CARES ABOUT HIS TAX RETURNS.

But other presidents so far have done it. Hence Trump is spineless.

I think you're overestimating how many people would be swayed by a tactic like that, especially considering how much trust the media has lost lately. You also have to take into account that Trump would be on the other side saying "Here, look".

Also, since when has Trump ever given a fuck about what the media thinks or reports?