BRITAIN IN CRISIS: Big Ben's bongs are going silent for the first time in ten years

>Every Londoner's favourite clock, whose chimes have been telling commuters they're late for work since 1855, is going to fall silent in the New Year while essential repairs are carried out.

>The clock mechanism will be paused for four to six months at some point in 2017 (we haven't been told exactly when, but it won't be before the second half of the year) whilst clock faces and dials are removed in succession, so urgent repairs can be carried out. Refurbishments also include a lift to bring the Elizabeth Tower in line with modern health and safety requirements.

>Time-conscious revellers can breathe easy, though, because the bongs will still ring out as the clock strikes midnight on New Year's Eve and other important events. Phew.

>timeout.com/london/blog/big-bens-bongs-are-going-silent-for-the-first-time-in-ten-years-122116

are you bongs prepared for no bongs? there's still time to buy a wrist-mounted bongteller online

That's Moslem mayor is a cancer to the city of London

Ohhh. So that's why they are called 'britbongs'.

that's it lads, guess we'll have to guess how many bings past the bong it is now

They're adding a "call to prayer" function to the clock.

How the fuck are we supposed to tell the time now?

My city's bell is bigger than Big Ben and it still has its bongs.

Fuck AN ACTUAL HAPPENNING

10 months notice of it too

no it's an old Sup Forums story about the time

of big ben

You mean to tell me you never heard any of the bong stories?

Sorry I don't have any of them copy and pastad but they all usually around a tourist asking for the time and the britbongs talk like pick related. In the end it usually involves all the citizens crashing their cars as they listen for Big Ben to tell them the time.

(((Repairs)))

Sorry guys, put you're about to have your 9/11. Enjoy big Ben while he stands tall now, probably won't be for long after (((they))) get to him

Dad, there's digital watches now.

wtf how am I gonna count the bongs now

Someone post the greentext for old time's sake

ur da bes

The Queen is dead.

A real national treasure

this had literally nothing to do with him

I hope they cover the top to hide the faces while they repair them.

>mfw Big Hijab

Some of you britbongs might remember a thread from about a week ago, I had to visit London. I'm back.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT.

I mean.. muzzies EVERYWHERE. It doesn't matter where you go, they're fucking everywhere. I was looking forward to interacting with some real brits, I ended up talking with foreigners with worse english than mine most of the time. London is so fucked. I have absolutely no desire to visit the place ever again, if I ever have to go to the UK again I really hope it's outside London. God damn.

Now I truly understand why it's called Londonstan. It's an accurate description. I'm not fucking around here, this is not exaggeration, it really is fucked.

Sorry, bongs. You had a nice city once.

Big Ben's bongs are being replaced by the big black cocks

cont'd..

The first morning there, I woke up, had breakfast (hotel staff was all foreign), stepped outside, went for Pimlico station. The FIRST nigger I see is wearing a black cap with arabic on it, looked a lot like ISIS. I'm not kidding. Every fucking checkout counter in any low-medium tier shop has at least one muzzie behind the register.

Best part of my trip was one evening when I got a REAL brit cab driver to show me around, the discussion went into politics immediately. They're just as mad about the situation as I am. Not that it's my country, but it felt like I was looking into the not-too-distant future there. After a while we stopped discussing politics and he gave me a really nice tour of the place as we were driving along.

So, yeah. Fucked. Sorry.

Will the twitter account remain active during this time?

But how will we know the time?

Can confirm this is true

Are they going to kill the ravens too, like the prophecy?