What is a realistic solution to the housing problem in the Western world?

What is a realistic solution to the housing problem in the Western world?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JzwbOZKfrUQ
urbankchoze.blogspot.ca/2014/04/japanese-zoning.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

deport millions of beaners

millions of houses are now for sale

house prices go down

A few thousand Breivik striking at the same time.

I always read these posts in her voice

That's a really short giraffe

Decentralization

kill the niggers, gas the heebs

House prices will go down when old people die

Looking ahead 5 years...

Apartments and condos in multi-story buildings near the center of large cities is the plan.

Single family homes in the inner-ring suburbs for those with a little money...

Eventually the outer ring suburbs will house the poor people (as in Europe now).

Those outside the cities (rural) will have to fend for themselves (from roving bandits) and feed themselves. But they'll have freedom.

stop post deer picture you deer fucker nazi

>her voice
Who?

Deport 50 million illegals from the USA!

No more deer

By killing and eating your pet deer.

Dillie's

greatest german psy op in shitposting history

more deer

What about Europe?

Damn... sounds dark

>Those outside the cities (rural) will have to fend for themselves (from roving bandits) and feed themselves. But they'll have freedom.
this honestly doesn't sound too bad.

>What about Europe?

You'll have to wait until after WW3.

stop subsidizing suburban developments, a rent cap to discourage speculation, and heavy taxes for nonresident property owners

Ban public previdence.

If old fucks didn't stored/invested money let them sell their houses to survive

I am gonna start posting this video whenever a German deer poster starts a thread.

youtube.com/watch?v=JzwbOZKfrUQ

>Dillie
Who?

>What is a realistic solution to the housing problem in the Western world?
honestly there is no solution

The prices will drop but there won't be a drastic market surge because of it like common sense would suggest.
Houses are for families and families are few and far between these days. I mean, I never plan on settling down so unless I get that weird buyers regret for paying too much rent cumulatively, I don't think I will ever have a reason for buying a house. Many people have the same attitude. They don't have a significant other, they don't have kids, they don't need the space.

DILLIE

LITERALLY WHO

let's be honest, here: houses are to make money for the bank. families are a distant third at best

kill all the niggers

Change zoning laws so higher-density housing can be built. Once that happens, the resulting increase in the housing supply will reduce prices to a more reasonable level.

Ideally we should just copy Japan's zoning laws. I read an article about it, and they would be a huge improvement over what we have now.

urbankchoze.blogspot.ca/2014/04/japanese-zoning.html

Holy fuck you've solved it.

KEK CONFIRMS

In bongland were pretty much fucked
>limited land and greenbelt land laws are stopping companies from building houses
>because of this houses and land are becoming more and more valuable and house prices keep skyrocketing
>20-30 year olds now cannot afford to buy a house on the average income and are stuck renting with no assetts of thier own or still stuck with thier parents
>this means they're not taking out mortgages to buy houses
>goverment tries to solve problem by allowing immigrants with existing assets in to country to buy up houses
>huge influxes of immigration every year are making housing even more scarce and increasing population density tenfold.
>quality of life goes down but housing prices go up
>housing market and therefore whole economy is now bolstered up by immigrants and will crash immedietly if immigration stops or will die a slow death when our population hits cricital levels and our infastructure cant handle said population increase
>levels of immigration will only keep rising and politicians will do nothing about it.
>the average person is the one paying the price for all of this while the upper class sit in ivory towers and watch our country burn slowly

The best move ironically is to save up as much money as you can and move to another country. Britan's GDP per capita has been going down consistently for years now and is not going to rise again. its not reversable. The only way to have stop it would to do what japan did stop immigration, allow the economy to adapt to a stable population rather than a growing one and go from there. But its too late now because multi billion pound companys are not going to take a HUGE loss in their profits and possibly go under to fix the housing market.

Brexit was the last cry of the british people and unfortunately will not save us.