He buys from the supermarket Jew

> He buys from the supermarket Jew

What are you planning to grow this year?
ill be growing tomatoes,potatoes,Swiss chard, lettuce, spring onions, radishes, salad leaves and a boat load of herbs.

Other urls found in this thread:

express.co.uk/life-style/garden/464303/Now-heirloom-seeds-are-under-threat-from-EU-regulations
youtube.com/watch?v=GxPNhnxB4L8
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valerianella_locusta
apartmenttherapy.com/how-to-grow-100-pounds-of-potatoes-in-4-square-feet-81760
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

bump

What can i grow on a shady apartment balcony that gets lots of sun in the morning?

I have access to a farmers market with 100% organic* starter plants. Does anyone on Sup Forums have any experience growing berries? I've never successfully grown anything else besides basic houseplants. I live in Hardiness Zone 8a

>* = dont call me a libtard for not trusting (((GMOs)))

What if you want to eat something else?

Turnips, squash, tomatoes, carrots, a variety of beans, onions, a few herbs. I think a few other things to test the waters, but I forget.

Try anything that's easy and grows like wildfire. Squash or tomatoes maybe. Peppers. Typical things you'd want to start with that are viney (so that they'll twist and adapt to get as much light as they can) and produce a lot with a small footprint.

>Green, Red, Yellow, Orange Bell peppers
>Basil
>Oregano
>Mint
>Broccoli
>Lettuce
>Bok Choy
>Cabbage
>Spinach
>Mustard Greens
>Collard Greens
>Carrots
>Potatoes
>Blue Berries
>Huckleberries
>StrawBerries
>Apples

I also have chickens, a lemon sapling, 3 other apple saplings, and am setting up a Tillapia pond. Been growing my starters in my closet and now that the weather is turning warm I'm about to put them in the ground.

You can't bump your own thread, new friend.
Not here, faggot. Your thread is better than the other slide threads, but you're still a massive faggot, Mu-ham-mad.

>libtard for not trusting (((GMOs)))
Why would we insult you for not supporting this shit

It's topical for Sup Forums and /fit/ as well.

Kind of like it's entirely legit to discus the role and nature of finance here, as that is inextricable from politics and therefore cannot be strictly relegated to /biz/ or /x/.

I dont know

Self sustainence and indipendence of (((them))) is one of the most redpilled while at the same times least acknowledged things to do.
Someday homesteads might be the last bastion of the west

You will be arrested by the EUSSR m8.
express.co.uk/life-style/garden/464303/Now-heirloom-seeds-are-under-threat-from-EU-regulations

I don't have 150 acres of land to grow wheat for my bread or to let my cattle graze
So yeah, market but farmers market not supermarket

We will be gone soon

What if you are Jewish and want to homestead? Does that make the vegetables the Palestinians or I don't get it.

seeI spent the past three years growing shit in my closet apartment. You won't be able to grow enough to be self sufficient in an apartment but you can cut cost and learn some shit. I saved around $500 a year back then. Since I bought my home I'm almost to the point of complete self sufficiency and I only have 3 acres.

my sense of self-loathing

Aren't they regreening their desert for exactly that purpose?

cucumbers, different cultivars of salad, herbs, you could also try potatoes in a barrel

Tomatoes and peppers need lots of sun

My property is only 10,000 sq ft

where did you buy those seeds

Already started with some sweet peas. Any other winter crops that Sup Forums can recommend? I've got a newly built cold greenhouse that has room yet.

Stuff like squash and cucumbers are probably too big.

Spices, lettuce, broccoli, brussels sprout, cherry tomatoes like OP pic, can all be done in small pots that stay low to he ground.

i can just imagine some fat autistic larping weeb neckbeard going out to harvest with a scythe

I never grew those tomatoes but i get my seeds from Thompson and Morgons.

field salad, raddish, carrots

Can't grow shit in this frozen hellhole. I buy shit in my local Coop Marked.

I hate all weeb shit

I want to grow some tatters, green beans, and a few tomatoes. Gonna try to get some chickens too.

Im sure you can grow something in spring/summer?

I wish i had chickens.

>Tomatoes and peppers need lots of sun
True, but they're prolific and easy to grow. I had great success with those when I got started on my shady front porch.

Potatoes even easier. Got those going in my basement. But you don't get a whole lot of potatoes for your trouble.

Herbs very yes. You can get a lot of value out of basically a houseplant on your window sill that way.

Are sarpo mira potatoes a good variety?

And how do i keep birds away from my seedlings?

assload of tomatoes, lettuce, some other stuff. i'm basically just growing a ton of tomatoes and canning them

My brother in law has some, imma try to cop a few. Honestly I suck at growing shit, but I would like to improve. I'm gonna read some PDF's and get better.

>But you don't get a whole lot of potatoes for your trouble.
did you heap the soil onto the plants regularly?

>But you don't get a whole lot of potatoes for your trouble.

Grow sarpo mira varietys

youtube.com/watch?v=GxPNhnxB4L8

I thought that was a myth?

Strawberries and apples, berries and such. Tomatoes and stuff needs a greenhouse. Of course potatoes and cabbage and all of that grows.

You may be a visual learner.
Try youtube videos

Poor soil, poor lighting, probably not the best potato for the job (extra one from the store and I was curios if you really could just cut out a few eyes and toss them in the dirt).

But if you're going to grow stuff out of pots I think of it like I think of something like cabbage. It's not hard to grow cabbage, but what are you going to do with one cabbage in one pot? If you grow something that's bushy or viney and keeps generating more fruit, then you can get a more realistic yield out of a small amount of dirt.

I have some carrots and beets growing in the house. It seems most of the lettuce/salad cultivars here are summer crops.

>Tomatoes and stuff needs a greenhouse

Have you tried growing gardeners delight?
Its very tolerant of cooler weather

no, it works quite well

i used a metal barrel. the potatoes deep down are of course bigger (since they have the most time to grow) but the plants produce more potatoes when the sprout is under the soil

>the house
*the people house. Not the greenhouse.

Anybody tapping their sugar-maples yet, btw?

I will definitely try that then.
My seed potatoes arrived in the post last week.

>It seems most of the lettuce/salad cultivars here are summer crops.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valerianella_locusta

most salads can deal with low temperature ranges. worst thing though is if they freeze and then get grilled/dried up from sun and wind.

just try some cultivars. you'd be surprised what they can handle.

>can all be done in small pots that stay low to he ground.
Or you could just, you know, cut the tops every now and then and make it grow low rather than choosing a crop that naturally grows low.
t. herbifaggot

A few days ago I bought one of those herb starter things with the seeds, soil, and pot all in one. Im trying to grow Oregano.

I hope to have a garden eventually but thats all I have right now.

I live in Florida Sup Forums so tell me if anything on this list will be hard to grow
Also is it safe to grow food in the soil of my backyard?

>carrots
>bell pepper
>jalapenos
>potatoes
>spinach
>onion
>radish
>typical herbs
>maybe strawberries

I have never grown plants before in my life, how much food can I expect to get from these plants?

>food is politics

Fucking hell, Americanisation has really taken hold in the UK.

Oh, add broccoli to that

The Industrial Revolution was made possible in part because potatoes had recently made their way to England and it was easy as shit for anybody with a spare patch of dirt to grow potatoes to provide for the caloric output necessary to support the population and manual labor necessary for the Industrial Revolution.

Is that non-American an political enough for you?

How to do this without killing the plant

>Florida
>>spinach

You may struggle with that as it hates extreme heats

heirloom open pollinated seeds. dont fall for the gmo/hybrid jew
>Swiss chard - bright lights
easy as fuck to grow. produces a lot of food. start in the spring continually harvest from the same plants throughout the season till the cold finally kills them off.
>tomato - nepal
cold hardy, indeterminate type that produces throughout the growing season. good multi purpose tomato.
>potatoe - yukon gold
have a 50 pound bag i'm working through. will use leftovers in the garden come spring. wanted kennebec, but these are good too. both varieties store well.
>onion - yellow of parma and gold coin
both good for long term storage. the parmas are huge. gold coin is small and will be for braiding.
>leek - king richard
got a big packet of seed on sale for next to nothing, so figured i'd grab em. also want to plant with a bunch of cabbage (havent picked a variety yet) in a small patch with wattle fencing so i can pretend i have a skyrim garden.
>kale - red russian
will stay alive through the winter if you keep the snow off it. incredible cold tolerance. i plant a big bed of it with along with spinach for some end of season greens.
>spinach - america
delicious and cold hardy

going to do a big three sisters (indian) garden with
>corn - double standard
good for northern growers. open pollinated heirloom.
>squash - waltham butternut
winter squash good for long term storage.
>beans - jacobs cattle
shelling dry bean.

i got a bunch more seeds, but these are the ones i know i'm growing.

Did that really grow in that tiny pot?

This yank is fucking mad.

>implying we wouldn't have changed the world on a cup of tea and a biscuit

>Swiss chard - bright lights

Im growing that variety also.

Go for it. You can grow damn near anything in Florida. Soil quality matters, but even when I tried using basically runoff from the train tracks things still grew. Compost is great.

Compost is also a good lesson in what will grow when you toss food waste on the compost pile. For instance:
>bag of rotting moldy onions
>into the compost pile with you
>compost pile becomes an onion patch

Pic is from google

What? It won't kill the plant, just cut of the top leafs every now and then to encourage new (sideways) branch growth. Don't overdo it, though.

Would it be very difficult to grow it inside?

>got a big packet of seed on sale for next to nothing, so figured i'd grab em. also want to plant with a bunch of cabbage (havent picked a variety yet) in a small patch with wattle fencing so i can pretend i have a skyrim garden.

Youre a cute

I have a question for you
I am incredibly ignorant of gardening and plants

So I know that most plants will die at some point during the year. Do they become alive again? Are you supposed to replant them over and over?

>Supermarket Jew

I work in a Supermarket and id say its the most redpilled job ive had 80%+ of my coworkers id say are right wing

Too bad about the customers...

Sorry, I am 100% new to this shit but have always wanted to grow my own food

I just really fucking suck at growing things

As long as you can provide it with a minimum of 4 hours of sun and good airflow you should be fine.

>worst thing though is if they freeze and then get grilled/dried up from sun and wind
I'll keep this in mind. I guess there's more to mind than climate zones. Thanks.

>Would it be very difficult to grow it inside?
grow this instead

easy to grow, likes warm climate

Blackberries were the easiest things I've ever grown. Put the plant in the ground and it will grow fucking wildly and out of control.

those digits. Also Yeah Do not forget have some potassium nitrate or salt peter as you call it plus make some natural pesticides. Along with use some fertilizer from the cow. Along with having a bull. Raise a couple of dairy and a shit ton of beefers. How I know some of this stuff is I live in Wisconsin.

>Do they become alive again? Are you supposed to replant them over and over?

Some can live many years.

Tomatoes
Chillis

and others can survive 3 or 4 years if done right

Radishes, bitches love my radishes.

Try to grow a pair while you're at it.

Daikon make good dildos amirite?

I might plant some potatoes.

I need stuff that doesn't require care, I have a plot of land that's pretty far so I can only go down there maybe once or twice a month.

Any suggestions for things to plant on it?

>inb4 trees

Peppers are good, you can make paprika with it. Or a step further and make Smoked paprika.

Does it rain enough there for you to water them as little as twice a month?

how do you get nutrients during winter?

Probably roots. They can take a lot of neglect.

what kind of stuff?

green stuff, sweet stuff, spicy things?

pic related is quite independent

Marijuana

There is A LOT of Monsanto shilling on pol.

Oranges, watermelons, strawberries, jalapeƱos, potatoes, lettuces, broccoli, tomatoes, cilantro, and herbs.

Canning, pickling, drying, fermenting, freezing, leaving your pile of potatoes in the potato barn.

Are just dumbasses

Ill b growing weed

apartmenttherapy.com/how-to-grow-100-pounds-of-potatoes-in-4-square-feet-81760

Thinking of trying this. I don't live in an apt., but I don't want 3/4 of my garden being fucking potatoes.

Any leafy things. Herbs, lettuce, etc.

What kind of berries? Strawberries are easy. Brambles (raspberry, balckberry, etc.) will take two years to produce.

Not everything is bad. We wouldn't have a lot of nice vegetables without. Carrots are not orange originally. YOUR SNOWMAN WILL LOOK REAL STUPID WONT IT

Well I'm in northern Italy not in Africa.

Also I have a spring so I may try to set up an automated watering system if necessary.

I was thinking something more "stapleish" like onions and such.

Sounds legit.

Such as?

Pretty sure carrots were orange before I.G. Farben came along.

Opium.

Too many things help me i dont even know if i have enough room for everything and i have two plum trees, a pecan and apear tree i bought this year

8a is the best zone.

There is a difference between selective breeding and creating chimera out of plants and dna of completly other kingdoms.
Also what is of more concern is that the megacorps get patents on these

fucking wogs

>So I know that most plants will die at some point during the year. Do they become alive again? Are you supposed to replant them over and over?

If you live somewhere with a winter, your perennial plants will die and come back. Annual plants like peppers, tomatoes, lettuce, etc. have to be replanted every year. If you live in a place with no winter or have a heated greenhouse, many annuals will actually live for several years.

>Such as?
Potatoes, turnips, onions, carrots, leeks, that sort of thing. I imagine the problem you'd have is that animals will come eat the leaves until you figure out how to keep them away.

So I would suggest trying a wide variety of things to discover what the local animals won't eat. For instance, I have a ground hog problem and it turns out they don't like to eat tomato plants or turnip greens. But boy do they mow through salad greens and beans.

Tomatoes, basil, garlic, apples, probably a leafy green or two, some more herbs, maybe okra?

BTW, if you're not making your own compost, you are still sucking big fertilizer's dick.