Convince me why is DeVos plan of school choice is good

Convince me why is DeVos plan of school choice is good.

DeVos will be defunding public schools to be redirected to families applying to charter and private schools. How is this a good idea? Most people can't afford those options and public schools are great but they need help.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Thinning
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boston_busing_desegregation
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>public schools are great
Not anymore.

public schools are fucking cancer they dont need help they need to be shut down.

/thread

and then what

Because picking her has caused liberals to be against federal management of education

>Most people can't afford those options
Voucher systems
Objectively false

Look, they live in poverty!!!

I live in a nice rich town, with beautiful mountain vistas, lakefront property, and million dollar mansions, who's property tax goes right to the school system. They place 15 into Ivy's and state tech institutes every year, and the class size is like 60.

Fuck school choice, people will want to come to my town. Let them rot in squalor.

Market dynamics. If demand goes up for private schools, but people can't afford to go to them, they will have to drop their prices to increase their customer base. Or something.

people can choose on the free market of schools

kill yourself

Public schooling in this country is horrible. We've been consistently ranked lower than we should be for YEARS.

YOU JUST KNOW

Public schools are a waste

Why? I live in a wonderful town. If we dont want people from the shitville 20 miles away that is dead last in the state and gives classes on proper disposal of needles and telling the difference between fentynal and heroin, why the fuck should they get to pay our town taxes to join our school system. White trash is just as bad as black trash.

It was not, she's knows literally nothing about school administration. However, public schools are currently infected with the cancer of modern liberalism and she might be the cure.

School control should be given back to states.
The DOE is a bloated wasteful pig of an agency.
The NEA needs to be shut down
and Tenure needs to go away.

Goyim you must be culturally enriched

Charter schools funded by each state.

I went to school with lots of minorities. It'd be a great plan if they gave scholarships to students who attend AP classes since they're usually the bright ones or the ones making an effort into making something better out themselves.

>implying niggers are going to want to drive 20 miles to your bfe town

Are you retarded? Keeping the poor scum away that don't want to go to school in the first place is a plus. Better learning environment and everyone eligible would grow. If you are too poor and stupid then you don't have to go to school.

bring back home schooling and parental responsibility.

Because my high school was building a 1 million dollar football complex while I wore gloves to art class and had to have my parents buy my own supplies.

Thankfully my senior year had something like what DeVos advocates for and I was able to spend part of my time in a technical school for Graphic Design with access to modern computers, etc.

don't give into the bait. You can be anyone online and I highly doubt an affluent person would come to an anime thread just to rub their money in the face of others. They already do that enough amongst their friends.

By AP classes in your shit school you mean... normal classes in non-shit schools?

Public schools only teach how to conform and not to think. Most of the curriculum goes to waste. My school taught about how smoking was terrible for you and how the Holocaust was the worst tragedy in history every single year.

>the class size is like 60

sucks to suck

The Democrats' intense criticism of the idea ignores the fact that schools in poor districts before poorly; while those in wealthy districts perform well. The charter system, has by and large, been proven to not assist this in anyway; and has caused plenty of issues with public funds being misused by corrupt private entities. That being said the pro-school choice movement is actually trying to do what they perceive as helping; as an aspect of their conception of the superiority of the free market. So this argument should boil down to how one wants to fix the issue of the natural divide between schooling in poor and wealthy districts; and assume that both groups actually have good intentions (which they generally do).

Plus I think it's really important that some non-Conformist groups and sects, such as old-Order Amish, Mennonites, and Hutterites are not forced into the public schooling system

I dont live in a Jewish region of the US. It is pretty based sometimes though.

>school board tries to sneak through tranny bathrooms without submitting for review because of some sassy kid
>1000 white people, a sizeable majority making 6 figures come to next school board meeting
>say they dont want child offenders putting on wigs and raping their daughters
>say its against gods plan
>threaten board members with violence
>board suspends discussion on topic, hasnt been discussed in a year now

>niggers

These are white people that live in degeneracy, no showering, trailers, fucking meth heads. And our school system provides transportation to the other town we allow to go to our HS, and this shit town wants the same contract.

graduating class

Do you want hillbillies to get even more inbred? That's retarded.

What did he mean by this?

I am shocked by the amount of pedo female teachers we have today.

Keep in mind that most of the ((charter schools)) in America are run by the Turks that did the coup

>if you don't attend kike indoctrination centers, you're an inbred hick

Literally gas yourself, Chaim.

It won't make much of a difference. "School reform" is pretty hopeless, since school performance is ultimately just a function of the quality of your students.

Charters and private schools can be "better" in the sense that they have more freedom to impose discipline and expel troublesome students. During the Obama years, the Department of Justice was actually suing public school districts for suspending/expelling too many black kids relative to other races.

But you don't need charter schools or vouchers to address that issue; you just need a shift in federal policy to eliminate the so-called "disparate impact" doctrine.

I went to a public school in a smaller town, and it was great. It was also 90% white.

You're not going to turn Detroit Public Schools into some sort of great success story as long as they are forced to educate Detroit kids. Doesn't matter if you voucherize them or charterize them, though it might help make classrooms and schools physically-safer for the kids who aren't expelled.

That's the fundamental reality that nobody in mainstream politics is willing to address.

Then your system must become enriched with trailer trash. The rich kids will have to put them in their degenerate place.

I meant that charter schools have mostly been debunked, in that they have not benefitted low income school districts. Yet, by this same logic neither has the traditional public school system. They are both legitimate systems, and the debate should not focus on either side being evil or having ill intentions in mind; most people actually want to help

Ive never met a homeschooled kid that wasnt crippled professionally, personally, and academically. Their only defenders are their parents.

Just because they don't live doesn't mean they won't target a nice white non degenerate town

Black majority charter schools are even worse than public schools. Why? They absorb all of public school's worst students making it near-impossible for teachers to do their jobs, meaning the students learn nothing and the schools still perform horribly. I've worked in both settings, and at least where I live, public schools (aka black schools) are improving dramatically every year.

The amount publicly funded schools spend on athletics infuriates me. My HS had a pretty good weightlifting gym that only the athletes got to use. While all we did in gym was walk around the basketball court. I'm all for physical fitness in kids, but spending money on actual sports is idiotic.

And then the average American citizen becomes even more retarded because they can't afford the high-priced charter schools. It's not a matter of public schooling being "over funded" it's a matter of misallocations of funding. My former high school had a 4% increase in taxing of the county so they could build a new football stadium, even though the old one worked perfectly fine.

If this is what I think it is, it worked great for the dutch. From my understand they were having trouble with public schooling and instead introduced a voucher system. Now 80% of dutch go to private schools.

I think it's a much better system than government monopolized public education but many losers are scared of having choice and control.

>implying children are learning anything in a public school

Because my kid is in private school.

You're an uninformed idiot.

The public school system is beyond broken. It's a political football that gets tossed around while the kids get ignored. The sole focus is on the unions' happiness and not the success of the children. The unions and government have too much power; The parents need to be the ones who take control, not the government.

The government should not be in the business of pushing their propaganda down the youth. That is what we fought against in WWII.

>absorb the worst kids
This is wrong. There is very often a waitlist to get in and a lottery system selection process. If a kid fucks around too much he gets thrown out back into the public schooling system. Charter schools have to perform to keep getting funding, and by extension teachers have to perform to keep their jobs unlike in public schools.

White gurlz can learn about the BBC and Billy can get prepared for his great career at McDonalds...

USA didn't have any profound motives in WW2 except from boosting their economy I hope you know.

You didn't fight against anything

I realize alot of Sup Forums is young, but if you are smart public schools work great.

You go to citydata and review testing scores and diversity scores given to each school, and compare with US News top highschools.

Go for maximum testing scores and minimum diversity scores, the best schools are usually 10 points down. Suddenly your kid is in a great fucking school that prepares them for life. As long as you combo that with home education, you save tons of money in private schools.

Anyone who has gone though the public school system can tell you its completely fucked beyond repair
t. guy who went to a nigger infested public school

Last line is the key, some kids just don't fucking belong and it's ridiculous to keep letting them fuck up the learning environment. I don't understand how some communities haven't rioted against shitty students yet.

We need Japanese style schools

No worthless fuck will actually drive 20 miles to be a worthless fuck at a better school.

Lol what a joke. I was homeschooled and know a ton of homeschoolers. Even the slackers are way better off than the public schoolers. They all get great scholarships. They're all either redpilled, purplepilled, or cuckservative.

10th grade homeschoolers in my experience are better educated than most community college graduates.

Homeschooling also helps prevent degeneration of the family unit, the advantages of which are obvious.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Thinning

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boston_busing_desegregation

sure homey

Britfag, go fuck off, stay quiet on your depressing overcast island until you need to be rescued again, you cowardly fuck. You fags are the ones that just spout off at anything, but when it becomes physical you're like "I was just kidding, please don't hurt me."

Grow a pair and come sit at the bigboy table. We Americans are about legacy, and you fags lost 80% of the colonies you controlled. Fuckin losers in anyone's book.

At least France showed some sort of gratitude for being sparred from the ovens.

Another factor is that the dropout rate even for WHITE kids traditionally used to be 50-60%. Fewer than half actually finished 12th grade, with most of the rest going into the workforce in some capacity.

Highschools were able to teach more back then, since kids who didn't WANT to be students weren't in the classrooms.

But in the past few decades, we developed the retarded idea that everyone ought to be "college-ready," and that graduation rates should be as close to 100% as possible.

You can't maintain high standards with those expectations. The standards have to fall. And they have; a highschool diploma from most American schools is worthless now.

Simple, if I don't like how my local school is doing I can have my kids go to another public school or get credit from my taxes towards a private school's tuition.

This puts pressure on the scools to focus on the education of the students and not on narrative indoctrination/brainwashing.

I cant believe Americans are actually too stupid to just cut their astronomical military funding and put it into public education and healthcare. Comically stupid.

School choice forces schools to compete for students. If they can't provide incentives for parents to enroll (better education) they lose students and tax dollars.

School vouchers aren't good.

Flooding nice, white neighborhoods with niggers in a bussing 2.0 program is NEVER a good thing.

so we educate and help more niggers and spics?

I was expecting a reaction but not this autistic of a reaction.

And no, your guns were pretty nice for us to buy off of you but American soldiers were under trained conscripts. Your main tactic was overproduce shit and flood the Germans, literally USSR horde tactics.

The First Text on public schools is John Taylor Gatto's History of American Public Education. If you are not a bot, if you concerned about this topic at all, you must read this book. Follow it up with Facing Reality in American Public Education.

This. Except this time it will be class based, and you better believe communities will pay the difference for poor students eventually to go to my kid's paradise school. Fuck them.

>4% increase in taxing of the county so they could build a new football stadium, even though the old one worked perfectly fine.

Literally insane.

You'd be surprised

How dare you insult the military gibs

Charter schools != private schools. Charter schools are $0 additional cost, they receive funding from the same sources as public schools in the area. Private schools are privately funded and generally charge big bucks.

Always the "armchair quarterback."

Lack of funding is not the problem with either of those systems. In fact, we overspend on both of them. The spending is horribly inefficient and subject to massive waste/corruption, though.

>employing our imperialist "have a army bigger than the bottom 2 countries combined" tactic
>2017
rip all your funds

You disproved your own point in the sentence. It's being redirected to charter schools. That means people are getting vouchers. Are you that stupid?

We were the dominant force in the western front and the war basically ended when we wiped out the entire german airforce in a single dogfight

your retainers shot eachother

Public schools are a fucking joke unless your kid is extremely bright. The only people I know who went to public school and became successful were people who were already intelligent and ended up in special programs.

The stupid fucks fell through the cracks unless they came from a family smart enough to push them into trade school. I went to one of the best private schools in the nation and even the welfare cases going on voucher programs left and ended up with extremely strong careers. One of my best buddies worked for the Obama administration and now works for the Trump administration. I doubt any public school cucks are working with the most powerful man in the world kek.

Tax money shouldn't go to Public schools. Public schools should be shut down and voucher programs created for kids who can't afford private schools. Every child should have a privatized education, they are superior in every way.

Public school is a joke and sending your kid to public school is borderline child neglect.

How does it work in rural areas?

Studies have shown that with school choice people still segregate by race. I read an article about Michigan's school system which has school choice and this seems to be the way it always ends up.

It worked fine for my school. We had strict rules though so any blacks who came and fucked up were thrown out pretty quickly. None of that tip toeing around the colored kids here, if you acted like a nigger you were gone even if you were white.

holy shit american schools sound like a fucking joke

Devos will create two new job programs for public school kids...slanging Amway or being a mercenary for her bro

Probably varies state to state. Around here (Minnesota) schools outside of incorporated areas are funded by the county, and receive state assistance.

Are there economic ramifications, or is is purely based race.

Because charters can fire shitty teachers since they arent under the thumb of the criminal syndicate known as the NEA. Thats why you see charter schools with much higher test scores and graduation rates in a similar geographical area with similar (and often less) funding. There is a reason there is such high demand for charters, look at the success theyve had in NYC. Kids are actually excited to go to school and learn, because the teachers actually give a shit, since they aren't immune from termination. And better teachers get paid more. The current system incentivizes shitty teachers and bad schools. The worse a school is, the more taxpayer money it gets. School choice would dampen this because if a school is garbage parents will pull their kids out, then they dont get any funding. We wouldnt allow a state run monopoly on any other commodity, why should it be allowed for education?

public schools are okay when they're white

big fucking suprise, right?

Here are a few more redpills:

The primary functions of public schools are to babysit and endoctrinate.

Kids could be educated in

Or unions because fuck workers.

this is legitimately retarded. so your saying the country with the biggest target on its back should ease up on its overall defense? what a fag.

That happens anytime and any place freedom of association is allowed. There are all black charter schools in NYC that are showing great results. Does this line of argumentation imply that blacks by their mere presence cause schools to be shitty and thus need some level of whiteness to be good?

Are leftists racist?

DeVos is a Dutch name. Can't go wrong with a descendant from Dutchies. By the way: DeVos means "The Fox".

What? Do you understand the difference between public and private unions? The NEA holds hostage the education of our children as a bargaining chip to extort more money from the taxpayer.

This is why we spend the most per pupil in the world but have one of the worst education systems in the modern industrialized world. There is a place for public unions, but this particular one has far too much power because they've been lining the pockets of Congress for decades. Its created an imbalance that enriches the union while the taxpayer and the children suffer the consequences.

>Charged with protecting the entire world
>Why do you guys spend so much on military?
More money wouldnt fix education either, we've tried that for decades. We need systemic reform.

>I was homeschooled

Opinion discarded. Most homeschooled kids I've met have been as delusional as you, most likely has to do with mommy treating you like a special snowflake every class.

That's by design, once the high school diploma is worthless you have to enter the overpriced liberal indoctrination center known as college. Leftist suck an unimaginable amount of money out of the education system.

School choice is a sham. It basically transfers wealth to the upper middle and upper class (which is fucking dumb).

They are but you have to see them to understand why. They are so fucking over crowded it's insane. I went to a public school for 9th grade because I wanted to try it out and save my folks some money and it was a fucking joke dude.

It was considered an A plus school by the DOE and they didn't have enough books and desks for all the kids to sit. Teachers were pretty shit too. Most would sit their and talk shit with their students and the ones who did work hard to teach were considered the worst teachers because most of the little shits had no actual interest in learning anything.

It had a really good advanced placement program but like I said, that only benefits the kids who are already smart and hardworking. If you're just an average kid taking the normal classes you aren't going to learn much.

Might be different in smaller town but this is how it was in my city. I honestly believe a lot of the fuck ups I grew up with would have completely different lives right now if they had the same education opportunities as me.

Nothing can be worse than the system we have now. Its a total disaster. Trial and error is how solutions are developed, and we know by now the current system doesn't work. Its failed an entire generation of kids.

Government schools here can be good, many of the top business and political people went to them, but it depends entirely on your post code.
Some of the government schools do just as well as some of the top private schools in terms of grade attainment.