Why do Americans put their criminals in orange jumpsuits? Isn't it a little dehumanizing?

Why do Americans put their criminals in orange jumpsuits? Isn't it a little dehumanizing?

To prevent them blending in with their surroundings.

I should explain. In most American prisons, prisoners use tattooing to create patterns that allow them to cloak depending on the surface behind them, much like Metal Gear Solid's suit that let him change into whatever was behind him. When prisoners take off their jumpers, alarms are sounded and only special forces using thermal vision are able to find them.

That's where most of the escapes come from.

LOL bruh it isn't always orange.. Depends on the charge.. Some get Pink and white stripes

These posts are made to destroy the abundant #pizzagate evidence.

Do not fall for them.

Where is the thread about pizza gate?

What do you guys put your prisoners in?

If they're annoying enough, we let them wear pink.

We also put them in pink cells.

And feed them pink popcorn.

These are facts

Our cons are also allowed to wear any kind of trainers(sneakers) they like. Adidas, Nike, whatever. Apparently it helps keep them docile.

>mfw britbongs store their criminals in the fridge

Bro. I died

WHAT IS IT RASCIST AGAINST ORANGE PEOPLE NOW OR SOMETHING JESUS

Isn't this just making them more unhinged though? Being subjected to that surely makes them want to rage even harder at society once they get out

Who specifically gets pink? Sex offenders?

No problem. We'll save a cot in a tent for them. We don't really want them back in society again. If pink causes them to rage, they never belonged on the outside anyway. It's like Muslims who get so mad at being called violent that they kill people.

What did he mean by this?

As criminals they are subhuman.

It depends on who is running the facility. In the early days of AIDS, pink was reserved for the infected but I'm pretty sure no one goes with that policy anymore. Some jails will use pink for the entire population while others reserve it for troublemakers.

wtf did u just say about me you bloody cunt this place is fuckin hot as shit come ere and ill fuckin stab ya

>big tough manly man goes to jail
>thinks they'll be the toughest one in the place and be the king
>gets dressed up in pink like a fucking pretty princess flamingo

when i got arrested the shirt they gave me was blue

That's the point. We don't coddle our murders and rapists like you do.

It is important to realize that the US uses the prison system as a slave labor force. We want to keep our jails and prisons full and keep them coming back so we can maintain productivity. That's why over 1% of US adults at in the system. You are just seeing the modern slave market and mistaking it for a dysfunctional rehabilitation system.

here the county jail clothes is khaki for everyone except trustees who get green and in state everything is all white

PROBLEM?

Easy to produce + easy to recognize + conformity (meaning reduces gang morale)

The libs finally got their way and voted out sheriff Joe. I hope crime doesn't go up in Maricopa.

Most prisons/jails don't even use orange. Orange is popular because the L.A. County Jail uses it and that seeped into movies. Also, work release and community service prisoners use orange, e.g., the prisoners you sometimes see doing work on the side of the highway with orange jumpsuits. That's for obvious reasons: they're prisoners and they must be under constant surveillance and readily visible.

New York state even bans the use of orange because they think it's prejudicial in court due to the public perception of it being the uniform of a criminal.

Instead this is what they use

can confirm.
am prison guard
fuckin chameleons making my job harder than it needs to be...