Why does California pay more in taxes to the federal government then any other state?

Why does California pay more in taxes to the federal government then any other state?

Other urls found in this thread:

latimes.com/politics/la-pol-sac-california-federal-government-money-20170205-story.html
lao.ca.gov/Publications/Report/3531/2
lao.ca.gov/LAOEconTax/Article/Detail/131
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

burn the coal pay the toll

To pay for the welfare of illegals.

I keep getting this argument when bringing up Cali politics

Because the FEDS pay for all the AIDS medication to all those pozzed fags.

fuck calishitnia

They have a huge population for one.

> highest population period
> largest concentration of rich people
> most dependent people
> most immigrants
> largest prison system

I don't know faggot do some basic reasoning.

Tech Companies & Largest Population.
Are you retarded?

wut

They make huge sums of money?

This doesn't invalidate them paying more taxes to the Fed Gov than any other state, do you know how large their population is compared to any of those other states that pay more taxes?

but they get money back like all the states. the only reasons they're a "donor" state is that they're mostly young and so don't get much Social Security and Medicare.

No, the reason they're a donor state is because they generate massive amounts of economic production/money by having a massive population and a large number of productive businesses.

latimes.com/politics/la-pol-sac-california-federal-government-money-20170205-story.html
lao.ca.gov/Publications/Report/3531/2
lao.ca.gov/LAOEconTax/Article/Detail/131

>Compared to Other States, California Receives a Small Amount of Federal Money Per Person. As displayed in Figure 3, FFY 2012-13 federal spending in California was $8,967 per person, lower than the national average of $9,961. Based on this measure, California ranks 37th. In part, this ranking is below average because California has a smaller proportion of retirees. About 10.7 percent of California’s population is over the age of 65, which is lower than the national average of 12.4 percent and ranks the state 45th overall. We can also see this demographic difference reflected in California’s per person federal funds for retirement benefits. Per person spending on retiree benefits in California is $2,657, much lower than the national average of $3,357, which ranks the state second to last on this measure (only Utah receives fewer retirement funds per person).

What does this have to do with how much money they pay in taxes? They're still by far the largest net payer and all things considered even for their demographic composition pay more relative to what they consume than most states.

>biggest net payer
their population is the largest as well, fuccboi

Right, but there's still 13 states with a better ratio. The idea that California is getting screwed over is wrong. With the tax burden on people living in the state among the highest, if not the highest (don't recall exactly) there are other targets of disdain better than the federal government.

k, I already said that and it doesn't invalidate anything I've said.
> Wew, Nebraska has a better ratio than California
Well fucking woohoo, it's such an economic powerhouse that's the economic engine of the country.

you can separate if you want
I'd happily go up to Denmark tier tax rates if California wanted to secede

Don't fall for the tax bullshit. It's agricultural taxes that inflate the actual metrics.

>I have to share this with everyone... I ran into a friend I haven't seen in a very long time earlier today.......we made some small talk, and then she said to me, "How do you like what's going on with that SOB Trump...I said, "What do you mean"! She said, "Don't you watch the news"? I knew then there was going to be a problem...I said, "Of course I do". She said, "well then you know". I said "yes". she said, "and"?, I said, " and what", I thought here it comes,... I was right!!!! I couldn't help myself but I started laughing...she said, "what's so funny"? I then really started to laughing. I couldn't help myself.. I just got into a laughing fit!!!..She said, "oh no, you're not one that drank the orange cool aid, are ya"? I couldn't stop laughing because she had this maniacal look in her eyes which made me laugh harder. By then, she said, that she was sorry that she ran into me because I ruined her day and walked away shaking her head....and by then , I was hysterically laughing...I left the store and bought nothing...lol... Oh Well, another friend I lost!

It's less about states paying for other states and more about which state has the largest number of benefit recipients. The largest receiver of federal spending is old folks, and old folks tend to not want to live in cali.

It has the highest population

You realize California is just a section portion of the map, shaped as it is due to historical circumstances? Now granted that may be the best collection of land within any borders anywhere, that doesn't mean there's any reason the state is analogous to Portugal and Spain. California isn't a nation.

What does that have to do with anything I said? California is the largest individual economy in the country by far and the largest net taxpayer, that's all I said, you're putting words into my mouth.

Then what was to point of the thread? That the most populous state pays the most taxes?

I don't know, I didn't create the thread, but it is the most populous state and not only pays the most taxes but pays more taxes than the money it uses from federal spending.

Largest population. Plenty of rich people and rich corporations. It would be far more interesting to look at how much they cost the system relative to how much they pay in taxes. I suspect that the social issues they incur cost quite a bit to manage.

How can a grown fucking adult not know the difference between "then" and "than". It boggles my fucking mind that people can be so retarded. 13-18 years of schooling and you fucking retards don't even know how to use four-letter words. Holy shit I am in fucking disbelief over here.

What good does it do that it's the largest economy if the money wasted on California could be used to develop the economies of other states for better returns?

What good does it do that it's the largest economy if the money wasted on Israel could be used to develop the economies of other states for better returns?

>but muh jooz! muh israel!
Literally not an argument. If the opportunity cost outweighs the benefits, then you should stop wasting money on Israel as well. At least Israel isn't turning your country into a third world liberal dictatorship, though.