Why does Massachusetts have such a high median IQ compared to the other US states?

Why does Massachusetts have such a high median IQ compared to the other US states?

Racism

Relative low population + MIT + Haahhvahhd

Jersey would look a lot smarter if you got rid of half it's population and installed a second Princeton

Celts

>I have to share this with everyone... I ran into a friend I haven't seen in a very long time earlier today.......we made some small talk, and then she said to me, "How do you like what's going on with that SOB Trump...I said, "What do you mean"! She said, "Don't you watch the news"? I knew then there was going to be a problem...I said, "Of course I do". She said, "well then you know". I said "yes". she said, "and"?, I said, " and what", I thought here it comes,... I was right!!!! I couldn't help myself but I started laughing...she said, "what's so funny"? I then really started to laughing. I couldn't help myself.. I just got into a laughing fit!!!..She said, "oh no, you're not one that drank the orange cool aid, are ya"? I couldn't stop laughing because she had this maniacal look in her eyes which made me laugh harder. By then, she said, that she was sorry that she ran into me because I ruined her day and walked away shaking her head....and by then , I was hysterically laughing...I left the store and bought nothing...lol... Oh Well, another friend I lost!

lots of universities, very smart people migrate there because of them

Looking to move either to Bethesda or somewhere in Maryland after college.

Note this will be early 2020.

Any options where in the NE? Jersey here.

Why are people moving out of Massachusetts so often and moving to other states?
Also, go to Fall River or Lawrence and tell me if you still believe in the MA high IQ meme.

because of illegal irish

very smart people

Fewer niggers = higher average IQ

Because they're democrats.

Harvard and MIT the only reason. South Boston is a shithole so is Roxbury.

They just have a fuckton of universities. MIT, UMass, I could go on. It's like asking why college towns have such a high median IQ compared to surrounding farmland.

this poster gets it

t. Masshole who wants to move out this year

>median
discarded

New England was initially settled mostly by middle class craftsman and yeoman farmers from East Anglia. It never developed a lower class or low IQ population until non-Anglos started immigrating in during the mid-1800s. Those people mixed with the high IQ population that already existed there and created what we have today. MA founding stock probably had an average IQ of 110 - 115. White New Englanders as a whole have average IQs around 105 as it is today.

Although Massachusetts is officially only ~12% English, in reality, Colonial English makes up probably close to a third of all heritage here, if not more. There are tons of people who are half-Portuguese, 1/4 English, 1/4 Irish or 3/8 French Canadian, 2/8 Irish, 3/8 English on top of the WASPs that still live here.

The state also became a magnet for highly intelligent people via its universities even as it took lower-IQ immigrants.

Yes, the cities are shit. They've been emptied of the decent people who used to live there over the past 50 years. Almost all of the middle class now lives in suburban or rural towns with +90% White demographics. Lawrence's former middle class for example emptied out entirely into nearby Andover.

>South Boston is a shithole so is Roxbury.
South Boston isn't really a shithole anymore. Only the projects keep it down. Outside of them, it's one of the most homogeneous sections of the city. Roxbury though... we all know why that district and everything south of it is shit.

This

I'm looking at rental trucks because I'm moving from SE Mass to Tennessee. A rental is going to cost $1500

The rental in reverse is only $750

Massachusetts is turning to shit real fast. Going into any Walmart will tell you the non-white shit that's moving in

There are one hundred and fourteen colleges and universities in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts that are listed under the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education. These institutions include nine research universities, twenty-one master's universities, and thirty-four special-focus institutions

Harvard and MIT

best surgeons in the whole wide world

Mass is largely white. Also there are a lot of prestigious colleges and universities like Harvard and MIT.

I used to live in north central Mass and a nice 2 bedroom/2 bathroom apartment was $1100 a month. Pretty decent I'd say.

>tfw masshealth attracted a shit load of undesirables
Can't say that I'm surprised. But it truly feels like my home has been taken away.

Real question is are they smart because they're liberal or are they liberal because they're smart?

More like being imported. Lowell, Worcester and Boston are sanctuary cities. Lowell is a fucking gateway city for fuck sake.

Low population + some major universities

I dunno, overall the state is pretty nice outside of some poorer cities like Lawrence and Lowell.

Very expensive place to live that is still relatively white.

>2 bedroom/2 bathroom apartment was $1100 a month
>pretty decent

probably decent at the time. I'm paying $875 a month right now for 1 bedroom poverty housing

Liberal because Dems stuff the fucking ballot boxes (also muh JFK)

I wish that something could be done, but it should be nuked and we should try again after the fallout

since east anglia was anglo + scandinavian (from viking former colony admixture), it's further proof that anglo-saxon-scandinavians are the master race.

I've read that colonial new England in the 1700s was the most enlightened and advanced and healthy place to exist during that time. Honestly, if you've read history, the intelligence of colonial anglo elite is astounding. It's sad that that culture has died out and only exists in relatively few pockets in the US anymore.

Mediocrity.

Basically it was poor people from NY and CT coming up here to sit on MassHealth if they got sick. Since residency of MA wasn't required to qualify you could literally fly from florida to MA and get free healthcare.

>tfw upstate ny user
>all intelligent people in new England, idorts living in upstate
>neighbor is Canada
>cancer SJW ghetto central attached to state
>atleast we have based Pennsylvania anons

>state shaped like a gun
>commie gun laws where no one has freedom which is completely against the Constitution
Wow.

They've been flooding in for decades. Haitians and Dominicans didn't flood the place because of Mass Health.

>nice outside of some poorer cities like Lawrence and Lowell.
Chelsea, Everett, Lynn (Lynn, Lynn, city of sin), Brockton, New Bedford, Fall River, Springfield, Worcester, Holyoke, Wareham, Randolph, everywhere in Boston south of Melnea Cass Ave, etc.

>I've read that colonial new England in the 1700s was the most enlightened and advanced and healthy place to exist during that time. Honestly, if you've read history, the intelligence of colonial anglo elite is astounding. It's sad that that culture has died out and only exists in relatively few pockets in the US anymore.
It was one of the first places that mandated education for everyone. The Puritans required everyone, men and women, to be able to read the Bible. Many of colonists were graduates of Cambridge and thus named a new city after the university they attended back in Britain. Unlike most other colonies, Massachusetts is one of the few that was established with the intent of creating a brand new nation.
It has a nice history.

Forgive me, i've only been around for like 2 decades and the first 16 years are kinda a blur.

Masshole here. If I mentioned I voted for Trump outloud they'd reenact the Salem witch burnings on my ass. Also if we're going to talk about shitholes without adding in Springfield and Holyoke?

Don't get me wrong, Mass Health did attract a few poorer types, but not much more than NH did with its lack of mandatory car insurance. People move to MA mostly because it has such a high standard of living. Others do so because of how many gateway cities we have.

But honestly, I just wish I could go to the supermarket for once and hear more than a quarter speak in English.

Relative lack of niggers.

Read that shit my dude. Chicopee might also need to be added.

No mexicans. Lots of puerto ricans and dominicans for some reason. Why island folk moving to this frozen wasteland?

Hispanics here are a mixed bag between religious family-oriented hard workers and nigger-lites.

user cities along I90 in upstate are pretty left leaning but the mayor in nearby city (in county that went blue) let trump supporters hold a rally/discussion with the mayor in public safely.

Hibernian diaspora. Children of Danu naturally have higher iq than the stupid formoirim

It's honestly not this bad unless you're in one of the estrogen epicenters.