Why shouldn't I buy this 172 acre piece of land in South Australia and start farming all kinds of veggies and fruit...

Why shouldn't I buy this 172 acre piece of land in South Australia and start farming all kinds of veggies and fruit. I am Dutch and growing shit is in my blood and I am sure prices of veggies and fruit are good in ass-hot Australia.

Seriously, why shouldn't I start a new life growing shit outside, building greenhouses for tomatoes and some tulips. I could bump the Australian economy and give some people jobs picking shit.

Can I save Australia with my Dutch DNA, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

landsofamerica.com/property/11931-State-Route-12-Boonville-New-York-13309/3215918
landsofamerica.com/property/3811-Mulcahy-Road-Cincinnatus-New-York-13040/3305483
missilebases.com/nike-northernmaine
landsofamerica.com/property/1737-OREGON-PINES-Sprague-River-Oregon-97639/3636629
landsofamerica.com/property/O-Brian-Road-Forest-Orofino-Idaho-83544/3198052
zillow.com/homedetails/135-Riverview-Dr-Oroville-CA-95966/18267966_zpid/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Sounds like you have zero experience in the field besides "muh heritage."

pun intended

good luck trying to farm in the wasteland

Don't make slavery jokes, it's highly offensive. My granddad lost his land, his wealth and his workers. Fuck you asshat.

>farming
>in a wasteland
Stop playing Fallout 4.

No you don't get it, you seriously sound like you've never worked a field in your life. You wouldn't need a fucking greenhouse in Australia because the grow season is so long. Plus the majority of soil is pretty shit for growing crops.

You would probably have to irrigate it, and even then you would want/need to hire someone with experience growing shit in Austrailia.

On top of that, it might be expensive af to irrigate.

>farm fruit

Austria is a country founded by fruit thieves; the only idea you could have that would be worse is making bread

Straya has mediocre soil similar to Colorado or New Mexico...you can only grow common,competitively priced produce.

Shhht don't wake the Australians up! They're sleeping right now

Buy cattle instead, or goats. Raise livestock instead of farm

do it pussy

*snore* hmm what cunt... fuck off were full... *snore*

lol this guy obviously doesnt know what hes talking about

Consider why it's being sold first of all. In that sort of climate it's actually a lot harder than you'd think to grow stuff. You're looking at a massive investment ontop of buying the land.

This guy is right OP

grow tulips

Shit talking aus when its 3am here.
Brave

>why shouldn't I buy this 172 acre piece of land in South Australia

Well, you can if you want. Just enjoy your sporadic power outages thanks to SA buying the wind farm meme

I say go for it OP. I grow on 2 of the 10 acres I own, rotating plots every year and it's enough to keep me in our local CSA org. Basically we trade our excess for our wants and everyone gets good local food for doing a little work.

Also this.

Shit

We don't want your nigger genes you can keep your rapefugee infested family.

Also have fun not being able to farm anything but cotton or cattle.

The Amish are buying up NY land because its cheap

>Farmhouse on 235 quality acres with perfect mixture of farmland, woodlands, ponds and streams.

>1880s farmhouse with new roof, country kitchen, 4 bedrooms, 1 full bath, large living room and second living room that could make another bedroom. Very comfortable living with all the amenities including drilled well, and forced air heat. This would be a perfect horse farm property, country home for a family, or hunting lodge for Northern Zone hunters as this is minutes from the Adirondack Park.

>Large 18 x 35 detached garage perfect for shop area or parking vehicles.

>Large 35 x 60 barn with loft and plenty of room on the first floor for storing equipment.

>Acreage has a beautiful mixture of hayfields, brush lots, hardwoods and softwoods throughout with well-maintained trail leading from the home to back of the land. Woods are in beautiful condition and managed through the (480-A) Forestry Tax Law creating tremendous tax breaks. Incredible hunting opportunities. There is a stream on the back side of land which has brook trout, and a pond that has an assortment of fish including bass, pickerel, and panfish.

>Located in the Northern Zone for hunting offering deer, bear, turkey, grouse and owner says the geese love to visit this farm.

>Priced to sell at $249,900.

landsofamerica.com/property/11931-State-Route-12-Boonville-New-York-13309/3215918

Won't you be needing a shit ton of water and a shit ton of literal shit in order to grow something in what is almost desert area?

Also, your crops might get attacked by fungus or insect swarms or emus.

Probably 25 deadly snakes per square meter there bud, I'd take a hard pass on that purchase.

Also Australian woman are the fucking worst. Trashy like American women, but louder and with an annoying accent.

maybe Ausfags will even let him buy a gun to shoot the Emus?

Go for it, if nothing else you'll have a bunch of land to run around on. Also maybe try some permaculture shit and regenerate or improve the land to be more fertile and shit.

Or build giant glass pyramid and create a humid jungle inside, with genetically engineered ape people (or just give a bunch of abos LSD and let them run around naked or in loincloths).

>122 acre (+/-) former stock farm with 31 acres of tillable hay fields, pasture and lovely house with outbuildings. Did I mention the VIEWS? Quiet dead-end road location. This Cortland County farm is ready to change hands!

>This property has been in the family for 39 years and has, most recently, been operated as a stock farm. The combination of pasture and hay fields are the perfect mix. The owner has maintained the property all along. Add to that the views, the pond and the location, and I do believe you have all of the right ingredients for country living!

>10 minutes from Route 81/Exit 10

>15 minutes to Cortland, NY

>42 minutes to Norwich, NY

>46 minutes from Syracuse, NY

>50 minutes to Binghamton, NY

>What a great property to use for a hobby farm, horse farm or stock farm. Nearly turn key ready! Just add some fencing, your animals and you are there!

landsofamerica.com/property/3811-Mulcahy-Road-Cincinnatus-New-York-13040/3305483

Should I buy this?
missilebases.com/nike-northernmaine

Because in Australia everything wants to kill you

It's not easy for Europeans to get citizenship or even temporary residency here. Australia is the better bet.

Reason they gave up on it is probably because the soil is shit and has no nutrition after years upon years of growing. You could probably raise cattle on it at best unless you're willing to invest a lot into constantly fertilizing it.

These are some good deals, despite new york state this is some nice price to property ratio. Healthy looking grass probably means pretty good growing soil. Won't need as much fertilizing i'd be willing to bet.

If he spends at least half a million on the property and calls it a business investment, they might fast track things for him.

FUCK OFF, WE'RE FULL

>he unironically thinks farming is a gene

>South Australia
>start farming all kinds of veggies and fruit.

because you're a fucking idiot that has no sense of ecology

do it, sounds like a good idea... i would join you and we could watch footie together if i had any money

Why would you farm?

Seriously, there are probably way better uses for that land. Not sure how far away from everything it is. But you could make a dirt racetrack for weekend races. You could charge people to race, basically zero maintenance. You could make a golf driving range. You could make a paintball park. Put up some cynderblock walls and turn it into a graffiti park, charge people 5 bucks to paint all day.

Seriously, there are so many option, why try to fuck around with irrigation to grow crops?

I don't see anything :(

>Makes aussie summoning thread

shit, you dun goofed.

Yes

if that land was valuable for farming.. wouldn't someone.. you know.. be farming it?

Farming retreat for urban yuppies. Take them out into 'the country' and make them feel all folksy and shit while they plant some bullshit crops for 20-60 bucks a head. Whatever you want to charge. Make them feel 'organic,' like they're connected to the land. They love that shit.

You'd be surprised how many people do think it is. Often referring to it as the "green thumb".

All it really takes is a bit of research, preparation, money and a lot of work. If you've done everything right it's just a waiting game before you can reap the benefits.

You should start by never posting that abhorrent /k/ meme anymore.

Yeah, that makes sense. I could see that. Rent out small sub plots of land. Let them build their own little gardens. Just supply hoses. Charge them for monthly water. LOL that would be nice

LSD powered evolution dude

> Sup Forums in a nutshell

>Very large property made up of 8 tax lots. 1737 acres for only $275,000.00. Some timber, some juniper and brush, and lots of wide open space. Will qualify for land owner preferences tags. Deer, antelope, coyotes, etc. are seen on this property. Excellent recreation property for hunting, atv use, shooting, snowmobiling, etc. Part of the north boundary borders Forest Service land. Buyer to verify all usage requirements.

landsofamerica.com/property/1737-OREGON-PINES-Sprague-River-Oregon-97639/3636629

There is so much retarded shit you just said it's difficult to know where to start.

First. Any significant population is in either coastal cities or towns. In the rural belts, there is fucking NO ONE. You will be travelling 3 hours to get there more often than not, and just by looking at that picture, it looks pretty inland.

Second: We own our own dirtbikes. Any cunt that wants a dirtbike owns one. There are literally hundreds of little dirtbike tracks littered throughout rural towns.

Three: It's just not fucking sustainable. You would make zero fucking money.

The dutchy would probably make more money doing it his way, but I'd say good luck making it work. You are going to have to sink a lot of money into that farm.

Thats because its ALL COVERED IN FUCKING SPIDERWEBS MATE
you think that was snow or something
lol

really toggles the noggles

>Any significant population is in either coastal cities or towns. In the rural belts, there is fucking NO ONE
I didn't know, you don't have to be an ass about it. I was just trying to think of low overhead, low maintenance, cheap ways to make money on useless land. Here in the US, that would work.

>Large acreage of logged forest land. Property has been replanted. Very private, located just above the Riverside Area of Orofino. Great views all the way to Dworshak Dam. Primitive forest road, four wheel drive or ATV advised. Power is available.

landsofamerica.com/property/O-Brian-Road-Forest-Orofino-Idaho-83544/3198052

It would work here. I guess things are different over there. Other ideas include a giant skateboard/bmx park (but the insurance issues might be detrimental) or an awesome paintball course.

It's impossible for small farmers to make money here any more. They have been fucked over for decades by big businesses and good goy politicians.

You really need to know what you're doing and have a lot of seed capital to start a farm. I know it seems simple and easy - whatever you sell literally grows right out of the ground, but it will cost a lot to get started (not just the land but fertilisers, irrigation, equipment etc.) and if your first crop fails you're fucked. If you can afford the land you'd be better off either starting a business involving something you already know or just investing it.

This. Pigs too. Pigs are super easy to raise.

I agree with you on this case, but have to say that wherever Dutch people went in the world, they were productive as fuck in the agricultural sector. I have some Dutch family that farms abroad myself and the difference in efficiency / work ethic / vision they have to the native population is just baffling.

Ask yourself why someone who knows how to farm hasn't done it already.

Just put in an offer
Did I do good?

>Exceptional 12.73 ac parcel with custom home and barn in one of Oroville's most desirable locations. Only minutes from Lake Oroville, this well maintained home includes a large vaulted living room with wood ceiling and a corner brick fireplace with a pellet stove insert. The country kitchen has an abundance of cabinets and a breakfast nook with windows overlooking the back deck and beautiful property beyond. One of the bedrooms has been used as a sewing room and has many custom cabinets. Other amenities include: two-stall barn with tack room, dog kennel, beautiful roses as well as several citrus and fruit trees (nectarine, peach, apricot, apple, fig, pear, cherry, plum, pluot, lemon, grapefruit and orange), fenced and cross fenced, garden area, orchard area, workshop inside garage with counters and cabinets, office, covered back deck and potting shed. Seller says sewer is nearby and they spoke with Butte County Planning last year regarding the possibility of splitting the property into one acre parcels. Check out the possibilities of this wonderful property.

zillow.com/homedetails/135-Riverview-Dr-Oroville-CA-95966/18267966_zpid/

No - it's in California. Dafuq were you thinking?

I get it, you're 17 and questioning your life.