Cali Oroville Dam Collapse 14 - Erosion Edition

10-DAY OUTLOOK:
No rain until Wednesday evening.
Then, 4.8 inches of rain over the next week.
Pic related shows we can expect 1.4948 * 4.8 = 7.2 inches to show up in the Official CDEC Oroville Dam Rain Data (with so-so certainty)

7.2 inches of rain incoming.

RESULT:
WIDESPREAD DESTRUCTION

HAPPENING NOW:
De-escalation. Situation under control.

Repairs HUGELY necessary to prevent a redux of this near-disaster.
EMERGENCY SPILLWAY OUT OF ORDER; MAY CAUSE DEATH AND MASSIVE PROPERTY DAMAGE. RESIDENTS ARE TO EVACUATE

Local FOX40 coverage:
youtube.com/watch?v=dTWyJ1LmDsk

RECAP OF OLD NEWS:

Never-before-used emergency spillway compromised: poor enineering leads to excessive erosion threatening the integrity of this sub-dam. Upon discovery of excessive erosion, residents evacuated. The is emergency spillway is essentially the edge of a toilet. Once the water reaches the rim, it spills over.

Pothole-ridden main spillway (chute/runway style with controllable gates) reengaged at a rate of 100,000 cu ft per second in an attempt to save the shoddy emergency spillway sub-dam. This main spillway must drain the reservoir down 50 feet by Wednesday evening to accomodate a full week of rain forecasted.

Raw dam inflow/outflow/water level data:
cdec.water.ca.gov/cgi-progs/queryF?s=ORO

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JxbDJlruQ-4
sacramentodispatch.com/trump-denies-ca-plea-for-federal-funds-cites-sanctuary-cities/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

FIRST FOR ROGER IS A CUNT

fuck commiefornia

Second for kek washing this state clean

Please add in the sticky that they had made it a no-fly zone when it first began and then claimed to be dropping rocks in the hole, only to later during a press conference, say they have not been dropping rocks.

CLEAN
SLATE

COMMIEFORNIA WILL DROWN

Why is the rest of the world so shit at building dams?

We aren't cunt.

how would dropping rocks into the hole help

LEARN TO SWIM, LEARN TO SWIM, LEARN TO SWIM, LEARN TO SWIM

That's what they are hoping would save it. The spill way is 200 ft across and an unknown depth (hole)

This is California, Even in the US that state is known for fuckups

So? Is it happening or...?

They were pouring concrete earlier

all these areas effected were Red, so please stop lumping all of California together.

Let's hope so

Check back wednesday night Cali time.

Happing in slow motion

Why are you guys hating Commiefornia (or whatever it calls) so much? This is part of your country, after all.
And no, Kek is not who made this.

source?

the rocks would slow the amount of erosion.
It's likely that the window of opportunity has passed and it's likely to happen.

It's a containment state for the left-wing nut jobs. Nothing good is in it has come from California since Reagan.

it they're so red, how about they move out of fucking california where at least their vote will count, all of california can die for all I care

So, question: how bad will this be for california? I mean...like washing away major shit, or some bumblefuck towns getting flooded? I don't know shit about the area, just wondering if this will be as nuts as the hype implies...

The fact that the wicked and decedent are going to be washed away imples things as well...

California used to be one of the best areas to live in.

Now it is a shithole liberal paradise were they spend money giving illegal immigrants welfare instead of fixing known problems with dams.

Saw on youtube.com/watch?v=JxbDJlruQ-4

The truck is a concrete pouring boom

Mr Keknachev - tear down this wall!

I live in California. I hope we do get washed away and/or broken off into the ocean via earthquake. I'm willing to take one for the team. This state is mostly fucked.

If the auxiliary spillway fails it will send a 30 foot wall of water down the river that will probably demolish some buttfuck nowhere towns and flood others.

How old is this Dam?
Was it poorly maintained?

can concrete cure before wednesday?

It's going to rain for about 4-5 days in a row starting Wednesday. We'll see how it holds up.

Is Commieformia dead?

Built in 68

>why don't you just move away from where your family has had history for 150 years
okay faggot

That's not the main spillway. that's the emergency spillway that's fucked and unusable.

thank you satan and kek

I am also in California and I second this. Wash it all away. Buy beach front property in Arizona.

Finished in 1968.

Poorly maintained and they declined to make recommended changes in 2012.

thats not Oroville dam, thatis the Thermoleto afterbay

>Was it poorly maintained?
it's in california, and not a minority, so yes

Main spillway is also damaged, just not as bad.

>Was it poorly maintained?

Yes, I'd put money on it. The problem with these liberal states is that they tax the hell out of us, but don't properly spend money on infrastructure. They instead spend too much on minorities (in exchange for votes) and our highways and dams go to shit.

sacramentodispatch.com/trump-denies-ca-plea-for-federal-funds-cites-sanctuary-cities/

CALIFAGSBTFO
A T
L F
I O
F
A
G
S

>Complain about having no water for years
>Choosing about too much water
Make up your mind you commie fucks

main spillway is completely fucked.. are you fucking blind? Pic related, this is mid-way down the spill way.. they want to 'patch' it... This is a slow disaster.

A japanon said it best in an earlier thread:

This is what you get when you spend your money ensuring that lunatic faggots get to piss in women's restrooms rather than spending it on your infrastructure.

Oh, is there Kek really among us?
Third double in the list will confir this!

The emergency spillway is is worse shape user.

that how bad it is.

why didn't all republicans leave the US after Obama got elected? same thing

oddly enough, water hardens concrete

The last 3 months have given us more rain than we have received in the last 4 years, Keep that in mind. No one was expecting this much water.

Our numbers confirm this.

Maybe we'll get lucky and wash ashore on the new beachfront, lol.

Nothing.

>sacramentodispatch.com/trump-denies-ca-plea-for-federal-funds-cites-sanctuary-cities/
This looks like a troll site. can anyone confirm this claim?

America has got to be the dumbest country in the universe. Here it rains and it rains often and nothing happens. There you have a few billion millimeters and people have to evacuate? Is that the free market at work?

You obviously have not been watching nor know what is going on... The auxiliary(emergency) spillway is unusable and will not be used. it's the erosion of the main spillway that can lead to a massive failure if it is to erode upstream... Please read ALL previous threads. Thanks.

It's between the main spillway and emergency spillway. Probably trying to be absolutely sure the main spillway doesn't get damaged. near the top of the dam.

Once the emergency spillway's retaining wall breaks, the soil around it will erode like an arsehole turning into a gaping hole after getting rammed by a fat dick

1. How do you even build a dam to begin with? Do you have to drain the whole lake before building a dam?

2. How do you repair the damaged spillway when it's fluded with water?

As a wise a non once said...
>That's what you get for spending more monew on illegals than your own infrastructure

The state has been in a drought for about a decade, you wannabe German.

Spillways are hardly ever used.

So if this goes on the water will basically wash away the hill ?

Random question: aren't 4chans servers located in CA? Like somewhere in that general area?

Why aren't constructions like these that are a matter of public safety given priority?
Kinda reminds me of how poorly Katrina has handled

Pic related was built here in the 80's and is tested regularly, even though it's expensive to maintain.

No, jew. This is a sanctuary city at work. It's what happens when you spend money on illegals and minorities rather than your infrastructure.

save us based tulip mermaid

Its a troll site

that's california for you

>Do you have to drain the whole lake before building a dam?
The lake doesn't exist before the dam. You pick a valley, kick out the people living there, dam it, and flood it.

Let's say that this goes to shit.
What does it mean for the general water supply in that area?
I mean is this one of the pools where Californians draw their drinking/irrigation water or just some meaningless puddle, they use for generating electricity?

>not as bad

pic on the left was 3 days ago.

>patch emergency spillway
>close off main spillway and try to patch that
>emergency spillway breaks
>close off emergency spillway and patch that
>main spillway breaks

Wow, i did not know that.

First it's too little water, now it's too much. You can't ever be satisfied, can you, Californians?

kek is causing chaos to those that dont praise him

praise kek

I don't understand how this is a problem

fuck California
fuck Sacramento
fuck Roseville in particular

I had a glass of water will that help?

finished in 68, mostly built by the army core of engineers

state did the bare minimum to maintain it, emergency spillway was never up to snuff and is eroded as all fuck

basically everyone thought it would never need be used and spent money on other shit

>Why aren't constructions like these that are a matter of public safety given priority?
dams and farmers don't vote democrat. minorities do.

This week cali floods in 6 months it burns.

>not as bad, today

dumbass, see:

So...the spillway won't be failing soon?

You should look up quabbin reservoir In Massachusetts they flooded an entire town for a water supply

a few rocks will patch it up... r-right?

fuck you faggot. California will be great soon and then everyone is going to want to live in the Golden State again just watch.

Why do you have an EU flag?

I blame our lib-cuck state. California freeways, for the most part, look like shit. Trash on the side of it, and 10-15 year projects that just never seem to get done. But they're so adamant on helping minorities, very irritating. Liberals here cannot run cities/states very well over here, for the most part.

>one of the few areas to consistently vote republican
>Sup Forums wants it destroyed because muh electoral college
>Sup Forums wants to punish California for a lack of the federal government enforcing immigration law

Sup Forums is fucking retarded

We don't really make these kinds of dams though.
But if they've got plenty of dirt over there we can fix it.

Emergency spillway breaks means 30 feet of lake causing erosion of the entire hillside

the pic on the right was 2 days ago, it is much worse now, essentially everything below the initial hole has been washed away.

This happened last year and they ignored it entirely because "lol drought".

If this happens again, we might lose Sacramento because of their poor foresight and lack of concern for the well being of citizens.

can this fucking thing just come down already. i'm tired of hearing about it.

So many helicopters streams now.

1) Hire tactical beavers

2) You can't, this is why the situation will get worse before it gets better if they get more rain which is suspected.

no, if you're in CA, you probably stole it from AZ