Why do rural people tend to be conservative while city people tend to be liberal?

Why do rural people tend to be conservative while city people tend to be liberal?

Other urls found in this thread:

fivethirtyeight.com/features/even-among-the-wealthy-education-predicts-trump-support/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The same reason these isolated tribes try to shoot arrows at helicopters.

trying to become a local legend?

Can I have your deer folder? My gf loves these pics.

Because people in rural areas aren't educated as well and don't interact with many people.

There are no gender studies centric jobs in rural areas. You either work a manual labor job or move to the city.

It depends on how you define the terms. In general though, its largely due to population density. In the city, you will run into all kinds of people, its impossible to "survive on your own" (i.e, grow your own food, hunt, fish, etc etc etc). You have a huge reliance on social structure for survival. You also have to learn more "manners" as close interaction with other people all the time means consideration of other peoples feelings and so on is necessary to avoid confrontation.

People who cannot do this invariably hate the city and move out. People who like this advanced social interaction leave the country and move to the city.

Since the modern interpretations of Liberalism vs. Conservatism depends largely on opinions of individual liberty vs. social stability, it stands to reason Cities would be "more liberal" then the rural areas.

rural and suburban retards

City people grow dependent on the Government to survive, so they of course go liberal for their nanny state.
It's as easy as that.

media

In rural areas, there is much more conservative radio on air than in the city.

This thread is aids, the actual reason is racial demographics and government aid dependence.

Because when you live in an overcrowded shithole and have nothing of real value then you suddenly like the idea of redistributing what other people have to yourself.

Not true at all. If anything, there is MORE conservative media. There is however, also liberal media too working in competition. Liberal media that does not broadcast in Rural areas unless its NPR.

Red states are the welfare queen states though...

Only one Sup Forums celeb per thread, obama leaf. Deer user, oral hygiene croatia, barneyfag and you all need to be in separate threads.

b/c rural people are stupid and city people are smart.

Can I have your gf?

They should of pretended to crash the helicopter so the tribesmen think they killed a god.

because we produce GDP out here and the cityniggers just consume everything in sight.

The cognitive profiles that tend to embrace conservatism also tend to prefer rural living, so they move there. The opposite is also true.

Sonce temperament and political leanings are both genetic, these mild to moderate preferences accumulate into extremely powerful signals over a few generations if there aren't other population pressures like economic change or plague to churn people together.

You would think that, but Trump won high income brackets with a larger margin, he barely won the white low income bracket.

fivethirtyeight.com/features/even-among-the-wealthy-education-predicts-trump-support/

Probably greater exposure to exhaust fumes and lower quality nutrition tbph you faggot

>1) cities are full of neomarxist converts (read:professionals with college degrees), and poor minorities who depend on that government cheese
>2) city folk have mostly neutral/positive exposure with minorities while yuge businesses and financial institutions foot the bill through taxes, creating an illusion according to which minorities aren't a massive liability
>3) people who can't stand minorities or liberals won't stay in the city due to extensive exposure
>4) living in a city requires you to be okay with relying on everyone else on basically everything you do

tl;dr cities attract liberals due to the available lifestyles and jobs

Very generally speaking here.
Rural people like personal freedoms. In addition a lot of the rural jobs available are for manual labor type jobs. Agriculture related etc. They are hard working and make do, so they hate when they think people are ripping the government for Gibmedats since it's their tax dollars.

City people work all sorts of jobs but obviously are crammed into a city setting. They pay more money for less space and don't have room for any big hobbies etc so they go out drinking, stay in and turn into vegetables in front of TV, and live mundane but busy lives. Some of these people want Gibmedats because everything around them is so expensive they think they will take from only the super rich. Some of the rich who vote liberal are so smug they think they are being a good person simply by voting Democrat and telling people they do so.

Not this simple but you get idea.

Enjoy your gender studies degree Obama leaf.

Kek

>Education, not income, was the main driver of vote choice
>college education clinton voter
Your college campuses are flat-out cancerous.

Rural people move away from the autism that is big cities because its full of leftist.

I now live in tel aviv, i hope this place burn.

I like the city

Fiscal conditions

Cities are known for military, education, and commerce or business with economic standards.

Rural areas are not.

City people therefore get a broad view of everything while rural people have to rely on spoken word and media to get their information.

I do too. What's your point?

Nothing, Just wanted to say it.
What city are you from mate?
Austin TX here.

I grew up in "rural" northern BC and our graduation scores on national tests were some of the highest in the province, and higher than any school in Vancouver.

Teachers in rural canada tend not to be liberal faggots who have a tough time adapting to a culture that enjoys the outdoors, hunting, and an active lifestyle more than wine tastings at morrocan fusion tapas bars.

City men tend to be very weak and effeminate, or at least, aren't shamed for being so.

Where I grew up, being a pretentious waif made you a disgrace, not "progressive."

Yeah that's called niggers

Helsinki.

I like the fact I can get Chinese food delivered at 2am on a Monday night, no problem.

Because people in rural areas actually work, while those in urban areas often have heritage from their parents and dude free stuff.

This.

Cities are always the centers where a culture of a certain civilization slowly gets attacked/corrupted/destroyed, probably due to their innate cosmopolitanism and detachment from its roots.

Because most city people are fags, Muslims, chinks, or all of the above.

One has to do more for themselves, the other is more reliant on others.

is there an agreement among krauts to routinely deerpost, or is it just you?

When you're a city dweller, you're constantly forced to be in contact with people you'd rather not associate with. After a while, you become brainwashed into believing that living in a concrete jungle with a bunch of assholes is the perfect life.

People who live out in the country know how the city fucks with people's psyche and therefore want nothing to do with it.

Maybe because their way of thinking isn't challenged. This is why evidence-based education is very important.

>a fucking leaf

I can play that game too, the day of the rake cannot come soon enough.

But really having stayed in NYC for business, fuck everything about that place. Sirens, traffic horns, weird smells and even weirder people 24/7

No thanks

I'll take knowing every one of my neighbors, room to do whatever I want, and no psychotic homeless people any day of the week

>captcha: select images with grass

Top kek. Yet another thing that cityfags will know nothing about.

*This is why evidence-based education and critical thinking are very important.

Me too, schlomo. Me too.

Do you see all these niggers in the red states? Why do you think white people in red states hate niggers? It's because they're EVERYWHERE.

I like that I can drive 1 hr to have great outdoors and also have the ability to do cool shit like music and film festivals in the city