Cali Oroville Dam Collapse #15

Streams
youtube.com/watch?v=fCnvDd2YamU
youtube.com/watch?v=eVYAnMJhfNI
youtube.com/watch?v=JxbDJlruQ-4

10-DAY OUTLOOK:
No rain until Wednesday evening.
Then, 4.8 inches of rain over the next week.
Pic related shows we can expect 1.4948 * 4.8 = 7.2 inches to show up in the Official CDEC Oroville Dam Rain Data (with so-so certainty)

7.2 inches of rain incoming.

RESULT:
WIDESPREAD DESTRUCTION

HAPPENING NOW:
De-escalation. Situation under control.

Repairs HUGELY necessary to prevent a redux of this near-disaster.
EMERGENCY SPILLWAY OUT OF ORDER; MAY CAUSE DEATH AND MASSIVE PROPERTY DAMAGE. RESIDENTS ARE TO EVACUATE

Other urls found in this thread:

kcra.com/nowcast
cdec.water.ca.gov/cgi-progs/queryF?s=ORO&d=13-Feb-2017 12:20&span=12hours
youtube.com/watch?v=XvGdASocTn0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for the happening.

Nothing coming over the emergency spillway. I repeat, nothing over the emergency spillway.

Nothing will happen you fucking idiots.

What's the worst case scenario right now?

Lot of strange surveillance aircraft over the dam.
not sure if they are doing lidar or something.

press conference now
kcra.com/nowcast
no lifting of evacuations

WATER POLICE SAY EVACUATION IS NOT OVER. NOT READY TO CANCEL IT. DYNAMIC SITUATION.

ASSESSING

Thats a big damn.

>Sheriff Horny Korea

So, just read through all previous threads.. The main spillway seems pretty far from the 770ft wall of concrete. If they just let this continue, would it really affect the main dam?

the river is overflowing its banks

HE WILL NOT HYDRATE US
E

W
I
L
L

N
O
T

H
Y
D
R
A
T
E

U
S

if kek wills it, Sacramento shall perish by the flood.

two problems

erosion into the side of the hill that supports the main dam and erosion on the backside of the main dam from the fast outflow

>fluid situation

JUST BUILD ANOTHER WALL

PRAISE BE TO KEK, FOR HE WILLS IT SO!

CA then: WE NEED RAIN THIS ENDLESS DROUGHT IS KILLING US!

CA now: PLS NO MORE RAIN OUR INFRASTRUCTURE CANT HANDLE IT!

Maybe they can put all those illegal immigrants and rapefugees to work fixing it.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Kek

>interesting
>no

praise kek

I can't wait for a major earthquake and the whole of california sinking under the sea.

>An ID, along with several pounds of TNT, were found near the dam

wew

The dam itself isn't concrete, it's made of earth with some mining tailings for support.

Nuke hits dam.

Nothing will happen. As per usual.

>CURRENT SIZE OF THE HOLE
They have lowered the water level to 5 feet under the spillway ledge.
They want to lower the level another 50 FEET before the rains start later this week.
The size of the hole has quadrupled (at least) from releasing the previous 5 feet of water at 100,000cfs.
They are planning to release 50 more feet of water at 100,000cfs
The damage to the hillside should be the main focus of failure at this point.
If the hill decides to slide, the failure would be much worse than the emergency spillway collapsing.
If they are unable to lower the water by those 50 feet, the emergency spillway will begin overflowing when the rains come in and we will be looking at the emergency spillway failure back into the spotlight.
cdec.water.ca.gov/cgi-progs/queryF?s=ORO&d=13-Feb-2017 12:20&span=12hours

Almost 3.4 million acre feet. Or around 1.2 trillion gallons.

This is definitely a.... fluid.... situation

Why don't they lay a steel sheet over the hole and extended area?

>the delta Werken
>wall
My sides

wow its nothing

>770ft wall of concrete
It is a earthen dam, not a concrete one.

the worry is that the erosion will go right to the lake and the it will break.

so this part gets eroded and leads to dam failure, thats the plan right lads?

The dam itself doesn't have much earthquake danger. Most of that is on the coast. But if they did have an earthquake on the dam they would be fucked.

YOU FUCKING FAGGOTS NEED TO STOP THIS SHIT. I'M TIRED OF POLICE AND NEWS CAMERAS KNOCKING ON MY FUCKING DOOR. I'M A FUCKING HUMAN, NOT A MEME

if your an idiot then yes its not interesting.

>climate change isn't real

ilu

This is hilarious. Why can't sharters into infrastructure? We've got infrastructure still usable from the fucking Middle Ages. Hey you want to borrow some engineers?

A meteor the size of the moon slams into the dam at near relativistic speeds, causing the entire world to instantly explode and slowly form a new asteroid belt around the sun over the course of the next ten million years.

That's the Afsluitdijk, hans.
Zuiderzeewerken, not Delta

Yep.
Fingers crossed.

For the user last thread who wanted an explanation.

Basically, the dam is like a huge fat kid living on handouts.

For the past several years the state of California, rather than provide nourishing, nutritional food at little Timmy's school, has been outsourcing the catering to a cheap company who supply nothing but tater tots and beans. Now, what Timmy really needs is a healthy diet and some medical attention, since his BMI is 80, but California insist on giving him the bare minimum nutrition to keep him alive. As a result, Timmy now feels incredibly ill, and really, REALLY needs to take a shit.

All of a sudden, Timmy's teacher has noticed that Timmy has begun to shart himself in class. It's dribbling out of his pant leg and beginning to spread near other children. His teacher right now is scrambling to mop it up, and screaming at Timmy to get to the bathroom.

But it's too little, too late. While the State of California should have been keeping an eye on Timmy's health and ensuring he was looked after properly, they've instead been spending all the allocated lunch funds on giving tap dancing lessons to Pablo, the little gay Mexican kid who transferred to the school just a few months ago. Now, everyone on the school board is panicking because this poor sick kid is filling the building with an ever increasing tide of shit, and there's nothing they can do except watch in horror and try not to drown.

is this actually going to happen or what?

Funny how they have started censoring the inflow data.
They had it available at first and now there's nothing.

>Sam "Cant Hyde from the genocide" Hyde

I bet nothing happens.

Nothing will happen, fearmongering retard

More likely the backside of the dam is eroding right now from the fast outflow and will lead to failure

See this post
for the current size of the hole. You can't lay a steel sheet over it, the concrete section of the spillway is ~170 feet wide. The hole is several hundred feet wide at this point at the top and much wider at the base. The bottom half of the spillway is essentially gone at this point.

all memes and kek stuff aside, you gusy really really don't want this to happen. ti's very bad for everyone.

I was just using that terminology so my post made sense. We are learning a lot about dams.. I suggest we erect a Sup Forums dam.

There is no hole anymore, it's just a ramp to nothingness.

On the image that user posted about the plane, there is a box that says interesting. They put no. I was keking because it was.

carlos

30000 ft3 inflow

FUCKED
U
C
K
E
D

the "hole" is gone

erosion is a bitch

Im pretty sure an impact like that would take out the galaxy

I think that's the reason they're trying to get the water level down ~50 feet.
If that hill starts showing signs of failure they'll just blast the emergency spillway.

I really don't see that happening.

love it

This guy sounds like he's BSing

because its california capitalism at its finest

home of the state that let enron export energy excess energy from the state until they had a deficit and then buy it back later that day for a loss while they were buying/selling the stocks at peaks

they dont want to build something to last forever. they want it to be like your iPhone and you have to get a new one every 6 months

>a dam falling apart from poor maintenance is climate change

???

Welp, time for me to get the fuck out of town

this is so much fucking water

it's incredible to watch as it eats away the landscape

What the fuck is that plane doing? Is he drunk?

>nothing went wrong

It'll be gone by tomorrow.

For you

wont know for sure until friday, 10 days of rain starts wednesday.

Thanks americans for destroying your own dam for my entertainment.

How does it affect me?

HE CANT KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH THIS.

They say that they don't know why the erosion occurred. Could a sink hole be opening beneath the spillway?

FAIL D A M FAIL

Krcr stream is live presser

youtube.com/watch?v=XvGdASocTn0

Water can be a motherfucker when it gets going.

>the spillway was damaged because the flowrate was too low

Nobody's buying what you're selling, Gabe Newell.

I wish we had a real drawfag to do her

It's an observation plane from PG&E. The company that runs the hydro station to the dam.

Yep, if the damn getting close to failure, they will blast the emergency spillway and let it outflow

Imagine what happens when the Mosul Dam collapses.
When, not if.

that is what im trying to figure out. The tail number is kinda sketchy. They are probably doing evaluations of something but I'm not sure. That is why I was thinking its lidar, possibly making a 3d map of the water level in the surrounding area etc.

Why cant that explain it? I know for a fact that water cooling systems get damaged if they aren't running at fast enough speed.

This is basically a metaphor for 'refugees welcome' in Europe
Why is Kek so ironic?

The idiots let too much water through and the runoff ate a hole underneath it.

TURN ON CNN!!

You dumbfuck. Do you live below the dams elevation?

Because the laws of hydrodynamics state that liquids will always flow downwards with gravity unless there is another force acting on them. If you live below that dam, you WILL be flooded.

>youtube.com/watch?v=JxbDJlruQ-4
lol where they just saying MUDSLIME several times in a row?

seriously this guy is like duncan's dad from yogscast... just as know it all useless annoying.

That being said it is pretty obvious the press is trying to go after local reps and the sheriff.