OROVILLE DAM THREAD

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dTWyJ1LmDsk
cdec.water.ca.gov/cdecapp/resapp/getResGraphsMain.action
youtube.com/watch?v=KbBkMG1vFbQ
youtube.com/watch?v=RyUiu_2jjP8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

youtube.com/watch?v=dTWyJ1LmDsk

Yuba still havent evacuated, realistically on a scale of 1 to JUST how fucked am I?

Camera quality has apparently declined in recent years.

Someone take a priest and go baptize the water.

If the dam fails and the weight of all the water goes it could trigger an earthquake.

This earthquake could trigger more.

There is an astronomically slim chance that this is what causes Cali to slip into the Pacific.

The dam expert in stream, that was interviewed, said the emergency spillway broke under 2000 CFS - and it was supposed to be able to handle 250000 CFS.

That shit can't be fixed with fucking "crushed rocks"

gtfo rn fucking run

This

cdec.water.ca.gov/cdecapp/resapp/getResGraphsMain.action

So can we get a map of areas that will be effected by this shit?

May kek smite all of California

>Californian intellectuals

Concerned anons for proper protection against the elements!

The fact that the evacuation shows no signs of lifting. I'd say the authorities are very worried but trying not to start a panic just yet.

Get out.

>Repair work
Yeah, no.

start filling it with piranha

Why don't you just ask Trump to build a wall around Oroville?

>"Rockbags" to cover up the "holes under the earth of emergency spillway"

what a fucking plan roflao

the press conference was a joke too.. the 'expert' would refuse to say why it failed with such little cfs

>post yfw the dam actually fucking breaks

Can you swim? If so, you'll be fine. Collect together some polystyrene in a big plastic bag, just for added safety.

The rock exposed by erosion doesn't look very solid as it is.

Best I've got.

rollin'

Kek hear our prayer!

>Spooky 3 2 Use 105 shells BRING THE RAIN

Trump turned the water back on.

Are the Commiefornians still clinging to Calexit or "not my president" shit, or are they already begging Trump to save them?

you might want to specify polystyrene FOAM, because a bag full of CD jewel cases isn't going to be much help

Back, any updates?

Also, all this talk about Oroville makes me in the mood for some Orville Redenbacher popcorn.

or there could just be an earthquake that finishes off the dam

I love how these threads attract smug Dutch every time.

Fuck Cali.

move away from the microphone to breathe

i give that shit a week at best, its gonna be bad when they get that 8 days of rainstorms in the forecast and the spillway erodes

Bad weather is coming on Wednesday.

hope is free, oceanic califonia 2017

you mean good weather

you'll be fiiiiiiiine
dont worry about it

What if the drought was engineered by the previous administration and they shut down the secret programs shortly before Trump took office.
As a result, the rains returned to California and now they are facing a disaster.
The droughts were man made to promote the narrative of global warming to the largest constituency in the U.S.

IM STILL READING THE OLD THREAD

Stay safe Oroville bros.

Make it so.

the best weather

from the last thread. i was bored and it was funny.

DEFON 5 DEFCON 5 COMMIEFORNIA BROS LEAVE NOW I HAVE SOMEONE WHO WORKS AT THE DAM HE SAID THE THING WILL BUST IN THE COMING DAYS JAPAN TSUNAMI 2011 OVER 50;000 DEAD LEAVE NOW YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

youtube.com/watch?v=KbBkMG1vFbQ

Oh kek hear our pleas, bring the chaos!

sacrifice 10000 titikaka frogs for an earthquake under the dam

You guys better start building some shit

The dam may hold, if this coming storm isn't too severe. If the emergency spillway goes, you're fucked. If the entire top 30 feet of the lake goes over the edge, it will cut into that area even deeper. Every foot deeper is another foot of lake coming at you like a freight train.
If I were you, I'd gather my shit and be gone no later than Thursday morning.

you fucked up that image m8

>astronomically slim chance
seen this here before, get to it lads!

>you will never live in Kramm, CA, Butte County, USA

>Governor Brown wants to build high-speed rail from Los Angeles to Sacramento
>budgets billions of $ while the state is struggling to pay pensions
>pays for breakfast and lunch for "poor" (read: illegal immigrant kids) in the school system, including in the Summer.
>Governor Brown gives Donald Trump a world of shit because the President is coming after sanctuary cities
>Asks the President for Federal help in a time of emergency
>Oh shit, we should've spent money keeping our dams from bursting
I love my country.

I don't think it works like that

>California earthquake causes massive tectonic plate shift triggering several other tectonic plates moving, causing entire planet to undergo permenant flooding

we will see you in the wreckage brother

>Mississippi discharge
>593,000 cu ft/s
>Rhine discharge
>102,413 cu ft/s
>also pic related
Dutchfags, open to suggestions. Pls no bully, this thing is a madman. Currently our issue is we are restricting it too much, and our marsh is eroding. But the whole mouth is at risk of shifting if we let up on it. We also have niggers in politics around here, and that shit is cancer.
>help

>it floods into another dammed lake

All of our stuff was built a long time ago. the problem is, it was was never maintained

And take plenty of pictures, that shit looks rad.

>wanting to fix huge fucking hole in spillway
>with puny little toy helicopters and 1m^3 sandsacks

yeah that's going to work just fine. At least get some serious equipment over there, for christs sake

>American infrastructure
Shouldn't have given all your money to Israel.

checked

Anyone have links to actual LIVE streams? All seem to be just replays now >.>

Well they wanted #Calexit

Just let it change its course so it will set to whatever naturally supports it.

It will make couple of towns shit though, but hhat's life

that's impressive...

GET JONES ON THIS

>DEFCON 5
nigga you dumb

Actually, the damn is build on an active fault. Right on top of it.

Live just looks like pic in OP (the last part).

true dat

These are supposed to "fix" the holes in the emergecny spillway so it can work again?

Thanks, I got most my shit packed to leave at a moments notice. I guess now its just a waiting game.

How much do you dutchbros love this?

THE ELITE

>thread theme
youtube.com/watch?v=RyUiu_2jjP8

It'd take a fuckton more energy than a flood, especially since most of the water in a catastrophic failure will be moving along too fast to really soak in versus finding it's way to the Pacific.

Unfortunately Polystyrene is banned in California, as a possible carcinogen and environmental hazard. user will have to settle for a large paper bag filled with popcorn.

(((fix)))

in the main spillway i think. Isn't the emergency spillway just the hillside with some trees?

did Vince the amerifat and his cat die already?

See how disgusting the media twists his words or takes something literary sentence by sentence? If Trump actually didn't think there was a drought, he wouldn't have then said he'll fix it by getting the water back on. He wasn't being 100% literal, he's saying that there shouldn't be a drought and it's a ton of environmental regulations preventing sufficient water storage and delivery.

i think its just there to make people feel safer while they wait for the inevitable

Half of main spillway is gone what is there to fix with crushed rocks?

fuckin' a, germany.

we need to just import all the white germans and give them our infrastructure jobs.

If I were them, I'd be pumping cement grouting into that crack 24/7 as soon as they can get trucks and machinery up there.

They've got what, till Thursday for more rain?

I'd like to apologise for me and my countrymen's extremely smug behavior. We don't get to be smug a lot so please let us have this moment of glory.

It's not the flood that causes a quake, but rather the lack of weight pushing down on the land on one place.

There was already a quake in 1975 caused by them filling Oroville up.

Yes, that's the problem.

Test

It's a big fucking lake. The weight is incredible. Removing the weight could trigger some seismic fuckery.

Kek plz remove Commiefornia

I would fully expect the e-spillway to give out before the dam. If it goes over the top again there is already a lot of damage.

W-what did they mean by this??? Kek what are you doing!!

But then they cant blame GLOBAL WARMING

>Oroville

I'm in ca too. praying it turns into a full happening we need to thin out most of the population here anyways. KEK be praised

probably to keep the water in the path were the main spillways lower half once was, preventing it from erroding the hill left and right of it as it currently does. I doubt it'll work.