Does Deus Ex do a good job in offering us a glimpse into our potential future?

youtube.com/watch?v=47ITwTJXpOc
Skip to 29:42

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sUIcCyPOA30
youtube.com/watch?v=rxOKEsBx4NU
youtube.com/watch?v=QHEJ6fURMUg
ign.com/articles/2017/01/30/deus-ex-sequel-was-originally-going-to-be-made-by-obsidian-a-ign-unfiltered
youtu.be/uzvw8uSWucM
youtube.com/watch?v=3TOSg8ilrwg&list=PL9H-oYsI40xb-BVT_vrgSDBpD2YSiWhmU&index=16
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No. Future has no lemon lime soda.

When the power drops, go in, and go in, and go in, and go in like the US Marshal and his three daughters.
And we lose the vaccine.

youtube.com/watch?v=sUIcCyPOA30

Your appointment with FEMA should be finalized within the week.
I've already discussed the matter with the Senator.

We are basically halfway there, instead of the gray death we'll have the brown sandy death.

joe's face lol oh we went to deep look

lawd the music its perfect

>Does Deus Ex do a good job in offering us a glimpse into our potential future?

Yes.

Although none of it is original, the transhumanist movement has been around since Vernor Vinge's speech 'The Coming Technological Singularity' in 1993.

It is likely that the 21st Century will be the last human Century, the future belongs to either the Transhumans we will become or the post humans who will supplant us.

>I take it he was agreeable?
>He didn't really have a choice.
Deus Ex 1 was the best work of fiction in my lifetime.

Old men

not posting the best review:
youtube.com/watch?v=rxOKEsBx4NU

not posting best remix:
youtube.com/watch?v=QHEJ6fURMUg

I know the commander, hes my pal.

I think ill take, your weapons, I dont know.

D E S P E R A T E

Manderly raps

the gep gun take down is the most silent way to eliminate Manderly

I didn't watch your video, but:

the Aquinas protocol that was supposed to be Bob page's super-weapon at the end of the game?

cloud computing accomplishes the same thing.

we've been living in Deus ex's losing condition since ~2010.

And after 2012, we're in the win condition. We're gonna make it.

Forgive my interruption my vision is augmented.

>we're in the win condition

are you fucking stupid?

90% of internet traffic you deal with passes through the same set of data centers, either belonging to Google or Amazon cloud flare. there are fewer services available as well.

services on the internet are no longer decentralized, and so it's much easier to control everything, be it narrative, technical, etc.

we lost, and are still losing.

THAT FUTURE IS NOW

a new era of old men running the world

Humanity lives through cycles of destruction and rebirth. We always forget who we were and what we are. But we always remember during the second half of the cycle when things are looking grim. 2012 was that halfway point. Things will get better from now on until the end of this cycle.

Yes, Tracer Tong is right, humanity should restart, we're relying too much on technology to do our work

>Nu-ex

A bunch of pretentious old men playing at running the world...

But the world left them behind we are the future!

Wtf Jensen looks so shit . In HR he looks better

Stick with the prod. Prod with the prod.

Hate to say it but yes, we might need a great collapse for the world to return to some degree of sanity.

>Silhouette is not a military group. Our attacks are symbolic, intended to influence the public.
>We publicize certain things, like the Statue of Liberty bombing. It's just so fitting that the American government would destroy the gift of freedom we gave your country almost 200 years ago -- and then try to blame it on us!
>The rhetoric in Washington has done more to defeat liberty than all the armies and police forces in the world.
>When government surveillance and intimidation is called "freedom from terrorism" or "liberation from crime," freedom and liberty have become words without meanings.
>I know Majestic 12; when they have learned what they can, they will execute every last one of the prisoners.
>This war all around us is being fought over the very meanings of words.
>Just as Bakhtin described the novel as a competition between various "languages," so we describe culture itself, which thrives upon convulsion and upheaval.
>Culture, by definition a shared territory of meaning, inspires conflicts far more destructive than any dispute over territory on the Earth's surface.
>Meaning does not exist a priori. It is order imposed by individuals with arsenals of communication devices.
>Every inscription, every utterance, every gesture seeks to dominate the plain of meaning.
>Real violence is only an extension of this process.
>In order to get our own message before the public, we too have been violent. We have even killed people.
>But it is the message -- the communication EVENT -- that we target, not a few human beings, or a building, or an historical landmark.

How can modern games even compete?

>play Deus Ex
>very first mission has a dude name the fucking Rothschilds
OY VEY

How far have you gotten? It gets pretty intense if you read alot of the journals in-game.

Hahahahahahahaha fucking shit

We're gonna need an Alex Jones / JC Denton morph

So basically, they're retroactively stating that Muslims were part of the chimpouts of HR?

By the way Denton, stay out of the women's restroom. That kind of activity embarasses the agency more than it does you.

>there are people who have no fucking idea what this is

nightmare mode is pic related. Was also really good.

Fucking nostalgia.
I'm crying.

I take it he was agreeable?

>leafs in charge of game development

You know, thinking now there has never been anything had even had the scope and depth of the Deus Ex story, not been as well told. So I would have to agree.

And both games HR and Mankind Divided are not THAT bad, but the story goes to retarded levels of shit.

Montreal is a cesspoll of leftist ideology.

I do no understand how Rageholic defends it.

>Does Deus Ex do a good job in offering us a glimpse into our potential future?
Perhaps, some of it is already happening or has already happened, like 9/11, and a terrorist attack being used as the reason for increased surveillance, i.e. the Patriot Act, etc.
Greatest game of all time, truly /ourgame/
>pic related

This is what really made me sad:

ign.com/articles/2017/01/30/deus-ex-sequel-was-originally-going-to-be-made-by-obsidian-a-ign-unfiltered

Such a great time in videogames, you had Thief, System Shock 2 and Deus Ex in a straight line to play fuck.

The main writer Sheldon Pacotti is great at creating a paranoid feeling, and he is definitely /ourguy/.

Funny that Deus Ex is responsible for more redpills ate the early 21th century than most books or movies.

Videogames could have become even more counter culture, but instead triple A shit is garbage.
Only indie games and occasional Nippon game like Souls make decent shit.

I like Josh but I have no doubt he is a bluepilled motherfucker just looking the Pillars of Eternity setting.
The true grognards are leaving Obsidian.

deus ex predicted 9/11

STICK WITH THE PROD
PROD WITH THE PROD

>Funny that Deus Ex is responsible for more redpills ate the early 21th century than most books or movies.

That's what a mean, there's no book, game or film that has as much depth and scope, and also relevance to the real world.

Its mentioning of the EUs goal of destroying cultures was mind blowing when I saw that image recently. I played it near when it first came out and much of it just went over my head. Especially about all the homeless people and tax distribution.

I thought I was the only lad on Sup Forums who watched threadbareinc. He's gotta be one of the most underrated youtubers ever.

deus ex is great and all but it's not like it invented any of these concepts
these ideas had been around for decades, DE is just the watered down video game version for redpilling kids who've never opened a book

www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTVBSxnwiCo

You know I recently played Deus Ex again, to see its strengths and its faults

And despite some silliness, I realized its really a self aware game but dead serious on its message.

Really prophetic, It asks the question of transhumanism but does not goes into it heavily becasue frankly we dont know where that rabbit hole ends, but in regards to politics, every single battle of the 21 century is there.

Kinda struck me hard when I reached Nicollete Duclare Mansion, where you expect something to happen but you just explore that big beautiful mansion. I realized the metaphor was for Western civilization. The house was a soulless husk of what we used to be.

It didnt go over my head back then, it just encouraged me to rad some books, it was actually quite a scary feel.

Nothing in Deus Ex is new, and tehre are better works dealing with the same thing, but videogames are our rock and roll and this game was an eye opener.

Yeah, they're decent enough as games, but they're not Deus Ex games. Even beyond the shitty story, and any leftist shit in it, it still doesn't even have the same feeling as the original Deus Ex.

I didn't know about Sheldon Pacotti before, that's interesting.
I played it for the first time a couple years ago and it set me on the path to where I am now.

Sheldon is very red pilled.

He is a great sci fi writer.

youtu.be/uzvw8uSWucM
>Tfw you will never hear this for the first time again

>Kinda struck me hard when I reached Nicollete Duclare Mansion, where you expect something to happen but you just explore that big beautiful mansion. I realized the metaphor was for Western civilization. The house was a soulless husk of what we used to be.
I remember first time when I got there during my first playthrough, I received a cultural shock: I literally collapsed into a void of thoughts and I recovered only after a couple of hours. I had to stop playing for a couple of hours in order to calm down. The atmosphere struck me so much, nothing since then has stricken me like that.

Hey OP, remember that episode of L.A. Noire where Bobbin Threadbare argued that so-called social minorities should receive preferential treatment? I do!

youtube.com/watch?v=3TOSg8ilrwg&list=PL9H-oYsI40xb-BVT_vrgSDBpD2YSiWhmU&index=16

Games just aren't made with this kind of love anymore.

>Love

The dev team split into two teams called "Team A" and "Team 1" because neither wanted to be inferior

10/10 would skull gun again.

Its nice that it lays out some of the major players, but its very deceptive regarding their arrangement. I guess thats why Elon Musk likes it. It tells some truth, but has enough cirtical errors to keep idiots from seeing what it really is.

The Illuminati are a closed group of 13 families who live in complete secrecy. The groups who serve their interests in different regions, like Majestic 12, don't know who all is whom. Many of the finer points of 'The Ways of the World' Sup Forums knows all about.

As far as leadership goes, there is no single organic leader of the Illuminati, at this phase. There is however a biological neural network of staggering proportions. Much like the idea of 'Icarus.'

1/2

...go on

This biological network is the real leader of the NWO. It is comprised of personality fragments that reside in the minds of split-personality slaves that the Illuminati and their cohorts control.

Its pretty damn neat, when you look at it. A human being cannot be truly evil, its just not in the nature and ability of a human mind to deny its own existence, and carry it to the logical conclusion.

The solution is to have the cognition reside as a 'virtual personality', spread across the brains of hundreds, maybe thousands, of split-personality slaves. Each forms a part of the massive thought process necessary to sustain a consciousness.

This is exactly like the Net in DX. JC can choose to take control of it, or destroy it. The real life Dragon of the Moriah, could either be killed, or controlled by their true Messiah.