He fell for the "fats are bad for you" meme

>he fell for the "fats are bad for you" meme

It's 2AM and I'm gonna enjoy this portion of perfect french fries that I just made in my professional grade deep fryer. And nobody can stop me.

>inb4 fatass
No, I haven't eaten anything for dinner because I was (((working))).
Fats aren't bad for you if you have something called self control and can therefore avoid eating 2 pounds of fries every single day.

(pic not my actual fries.)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=v8WA5wcaHp4
youtube.com/watch?v=xbFQc2kxm9c
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What kind of oil senpai

So, why is it that all the (((reputable))) health agencies push this narrative that ALL FAT IS BAD ALWAYS?

What's their agenda?

I've never seen an article where they just tell you the harsh calories in - calories out truth.
They always say meat and other fatty foods are bad and vegetables and (((tofu))) are good.

Is it just a way to take more money from gullible fools or is there something more to it?

Sunflower.
It's either that or corn for me.

Olive oil is super expensive (4x as much)
, and other oils tend to have shit like (((defoaming agent))) in them that I don't want in my food.

Eat fats
Avoid sugars

I'm 35, 6'1, 70kg constant. Lazy as fuck, ripped and still fit as fuck. Blood test last week, zero cholesterol perfect blood pressure. Perfect health. Eat red meat 4-5 times a week. Triple pepperoni pizza is my favourite food.

STOP EATING SUGAR YOU STUPID FAT FUCKS

Stay away from any oils produced using heated methods. They tend to malform the chains of fatty acids which cause problems

What are the critical foods to limit if I want to cut out sugar?

Yep, especially the sugary jew.
People don't realize just how much sugar is in a can of cola.
There's tons of people who guzzle down two quarts of the shit every day.
That's half a pound of sugar for fuck's sake.

>tfw i used to be one of them.

Also isn't pizza, ie a lot of fucking dough, full of sugar?

French fries are good, man.

I recently cut out sugary drinks and replaced them with sugar-free versions. Sweeteners are getting better, I believe within the next 10 years they'll be indistinguishable from real sugary drinks.

this

i lost 15kg on the last 6 months by doing the ketogenic diet

I don't worry about fats that much. Doctor usually gives the OK so it seems fine. Just don't into sugar too much is all for me.

>eating a pile of carbs
you're the retard

You're really overdoing the ((())) meme user.

I don't fucking know. I'm lazy as fuck. I just don't have a sweet tooth. Ask a nutritionist.

If you want to be a cunt, get a cup of raw sugar and show them how much is in it with some kitchen scales. My flatmate lost 25kg after I showed him this.

Probably, I drink soda to wash down pizza. Helps you burp to make room for more pizza. Just don't drink the shit everyday. Simple.

> Sunflower Oil
> Entirely Polyunsaturated Omega-6 Fatty Acids
Enjoy your inflammation and horrible Omega-3:6 Ratio

The only cold pressed oil you can readily find in commerce is extra virgin olive oil, and extra virgin sucks for frying.
It has way too low a smoke point.

I'm not gonna go and pay god knows how much for some hipster cold pressed canola oil senpai.

You just need to cut out refined sugars. Natural sugars (e.g. fruit) are usually trapped in fiber and don't cause nearly as much issues.

So you got soda, sweets of all kinds, and anything that has (((high fructose corn syrup))) in it, which as of late is being added to an alarming amount of processed foods.
I've found fucking HFCS in ham, for god's sake.

anything with sugar

starchy foods, potatoes, bread, corn, rice

i have followed a ketogenic diet for a year. it's easy.

But I like fruit :(

>been on keto for 34 days
>started at 214, now 191
>23 pounds in a month
>eat almost whatever I want
>haven't even counted calories since day 10

keto is like fucking magic

>no mayo on those fries

Ugh. Literally shaking right now.

Fruit is fine man. Its not full of refined sugars. Watch the pre-packaged juices though.

>Not using based duck fat

Its like you don't even want super powers.

Olive oil should never be used to cook or fry

kickbacks from Big Sugar and King Corn

I only see them say that saturated and trans fats are bad

saturated being all bad is a meme unless you're like 350 pounds and all the buildup is about to give you a heart attack

the fat should be the least of your worries eating a bunch of fries

yeah.

watch a ketogenic style diet become the standard human diet in like 20 years, and eating carbs will be viewed like smoking is today.

>kickbacks from Big Sugar and King Corn
this explains everything related to American nutrition in the last 100+ years

Artificial sweeteners are arguably even worse than sugar.
With artificial sweeteners you fool your body into thinking it's about to get a glycemic spike from all that sugar you're drinking, so it starts producing insuline in advance.

And then no sugar comes, and your glycemic index goes way too low. Eventually your body figures it out and stops producing insuline even when it should - boom you're diabetic.

Now I'm not a doctor and I haven't honestly verified the studies that suggested this, but it sounds reasonable enough for me to avoid sweeteners.
If bacteria can be tricked into eating xilitol until it starves to death, I don't see why our bodies couldn't be tricked into producing unnecessary insulin.

I realized too late kek.

good on you man.

i fucking love french fries

The fat is bad meme is an 80s thing desu.

Same for eating eggs and drinking whole milk. My parents freak out when I'm having bacon with eggs again, while they are eating croissants for breakfast...

Needs more mayonnaise.

if you are trying to keep your insulin flat throughout the day, or otherwise trying to not eat carbs, fruit is NOT ok. net carbs after fiber doesn't seem to work for everyone, and there isn't enough fiber to offset the loads of sugar in fruit. the body doesn't care too much where it matters whether or not the insulin response is triggered by fruit sugar or lollipop sugar

aspartame isn't even chemically related to sugar though

Sugar alcohols sure, but I've only ever seen it in 'sugar-free' candies and chocolates, never in drinks

post pic of actual fries and condiment

Only if keep a steady workout routine.

Not all carbohydrates are bad, let's not jump all the way to the other retarded side.

Calories in - calories out is all you need.
Just cut out refined sugar as it causes loads of problems and you're golden.

It's not like I eat deep fried food every day.
30g of sunflower oil a week aren't going to kill me.

After having been to London once and eating fish&chips I now unironically put vinegar on my fries.
Fucking britbongs.

Not extra virgin, but regular oil is processed and can be used to fry.

See, not everyone sporting a freedom flag is a digusting pig.

It's all part of the feminization agenda. Honest fats are great for brain and hormonal health.

But deep fried is usually done is shitty, commercially produced soybean oil.

Kill yourself faggot

you made french fries at 2 AM, placed a fork upside-down, took a stock image-tier photo of it, edited it, then posted it on Sup Forums?

Does anybody else go to a nicer restaurant and have to prevent themselves from getting fries with their steak/chicken/whatever?

I know it's childish but when I eat the baked potato or pilaf or salad I feel miserable and know it could be fries.

Agreed. Heating it is wrong.

it is the mayonnaise that binds us

Wisdom. Like I said, I'm no nutritionist. People with insulin problems should probably listen to this guy. I'm just a fats>sugars guy.

fry yourself faggot

Are we doing a faqqing food blog now?

>>Sup Forums

the body doesn't care if you get your carbs from pasta or a lollipop. it hardly matters. i'm not saying all carbohydrates are bad. i don't eat them, but that's because i'm on a ketogenic diet. what i'm saying is that you're posting that one can eat fruit and avoid carbs due to net carbs/fiber, and that artificial sweeteners are bad. you're saying some bullshit.

Is keto good if you lift weights though? After a session you need a portion of carbs to fill up your glycogen stores

Same here man. I'm down to 189 from 205 since Jan 1st.

Mix of keto and intermittent fasting, haven't counted a calorie yet.

b-but those are carbs

Are fries popular in France or are they considered overrated?

>(pic not my actual fries.)

If I'm eating meat at a restaurant usually I just get a salad with it.

>tfw intermittent fasting on accident because I'm not even hungry until the afternoon

>Giant plate of carbs

>Sunflower oil

Enjoy being fat and full of xenoestrogens, Luigi.

Olive oil has a very low smoke temp. It's not good for baking things like steak and can ruin the flavor.

Bullshit, stop spreading this lie. Aspartame is completely safe, and the people who think there's a big Jewish conspiracy behind it should ask themselves whether the sugar/HFCS industry is bigger or smaller than the aspartame industry.

why do you need that?

three days into keto and you're more or less fully depleted. i have been in this state for over a year. maybe i look flat. i did cheat once and got really veiny and bloated and farted like crazy for a day. but i felt like shit and went right back to keto.

workouts are probably slightly lazier, and i've lost strength mainly on my bench press, but that's bound to happen when losing bodyweight anyway. any isolation lift there's no difference in my strength at 185 versus 235 where i was before starting a keto diet. glycogen be damned.

aw fuck man, my screen width has that text underneath your image so it totally blended in with the next post.

i prostrate myself before you and beg foregiveness

Wrong.
Have you ever had a Spanish fried egg?
Fucking delicious.

Refined sugar causes porosity in the intestinal walls. Natural sugars are usually bound to fibers and they don't.
Also refined sugar causes a much higher insulin spike because it enters the bloodstream more quickly.
Look it up, there are several studies.

French fries absorb a ton of oil. When you fry them you're basically replacing the water in the potato with oil.

Enjoy cancer. People should know that fats+carbs in the same meal are bad news. The perfect lunch should consist of only meat and not starchy vegetables. As for cooking you should only use butter or lard as they have lots of saturated fats which oxidises at higher temperature compared to unsaturated and polyunsaturated fats.

A vegetarian senator wanted to push against meats and fats based off of a heavily flawed Six Nation Study by a leading American scientist.

youtube.com/watch?v=v8WA5wcaHp4

Fats aren't bad. Sugars are.

I don't think that's a significant insulin response.

correct. you will get diabetes faster if you drink hfcs than if you eat pasta. but you're still riding an insulin rollercoaster. net carbs and fiber math is shaky at best. spinach, fine. relying on the fiber in an orange to make that fruit ok for the pancreas? no way on earth.

Meh. Keto loses its magic after 6 months or so if you're religious about it.

You need to cycle in carbs every so often to keep it working.

Meh, it's not necessarily a jewish conspiracy and like I said I haven't researched it. It might very well be all bullshit like you say.

I don't like the taste of most sweeteners anyway, so I guess I kinda just said "okay".

empty calories

youtube.com/watch?v=xbFQc2kxm9c

This is what I mean. The McGovern Report is what led to the food pyramid and what doomed us to Wal Mart shoppers on scooters.

cholesterol is a precursor of testosterone

there's a diet called Carb Night i believe that is exactly that each week. problem is when you lose the digestive enzymes to deal with carbs it's more like Fart Night, at least for me. it's brutal. but i don't need the magic anymore, as i'm fairly lean. it just makes meal prep and shopping vastly easier for me, and i'll never stop loving bacon, ribeye, salads, and butter

but yes i've seen this happen to an extent in studies, in gyms, and clients etc, but i don't think carb cycling is the answer

but let's be honest, the reason why they have to tell people to stop eating shit is because they eat too much shit. they eat too much shit food because shit food is cheaper. and it's cheaper because it's made out of waste and rejects from other industries.

just look at the american/mexican situation...

6'1 154 pounds
You fucking skeleton piece of shit hahaha

Well, of course you still need to produce insulin to metabolize any carbohydrate.
However, people have been eating rice, bread and pasta forever, yet the diabeetus explosion only happened in the last 30-40 years.
What changed?

The amount of refined sugar we eat.
Clearly our body is able to cope with large quantities of complex carbohydrates much better than it does with large quantities of simple sugars.

HEALTHY fats are good for u

It's also not very water soluble, and will fall out of solution in your arteries if its concentration gets too high and form plaques, which is a very bad thing. Only very small amounts of cholesterol are used to produce testosterone and an excess won't cause you to produce more, the rest is used mostly as a structural component of cell membranes to make them more rigid.

Sugar was put into more and more foods. Fat was taken out.

I would torture you or death with a blowtorch for making this thread. Reported for spam, saved, hidden.

calorie surpluses, mainly. being fat stresses all systems. that combined with busier, but sedentary lives and ubiquitous carb-heavy foods has caused it.

the food pyramid didn't help either

That's not a lack of enzymes.

It's a certain type of bacteria out-competing others when they get their preferred energy source so the dying bacteria produce gas.

You have to use cow fat for fries, the taste is better than with vegetal oil. Do not use olive oil for fries.

By the way if any faggot here praises keto diet, show me your picture.
Chances are you're a 160lbs weakling piece of shit that doesn't even lift.
Healthy carbs are such a superior fuel for the human body before serious activity... ketofags literally btfo

I know.
I've explained myself in the following post: OP's an echo abuser that's being a contrarian in the wrong way this time.

More like food became cheaper and easier to access while your average American still doesn't know shit about food, and has no personal responsibility.

BOOM

ITT
>sugar is bad
>vegetable oil and mayonnaise is good
Hope you all enjoy dying from diabetes and cancer.

Dude, I've been to 90kg lifting. I hated feeling that heavy. Fucks with my surfing and climbing. Makes you slow in a fight. There is such a thing as useless muscle. Ask any roided out freak to go lift a log or rock. It's fucking hilarious, like watching a t-rex try make toast.

>hey guys check out all the fats Im eating
>shows a plate of carbs drenched in vegetable oil
No one can be this retarded.
Btw vegetable oil is fucking cancer. Eat saturated fats, like coconut oil, eggs, or any red meat.

Dipshit

Potatoes aren't "waste" of other industries and they're still cheap as fuck.
I can get precooked presliced frozen french fries for 1.2€/kg.
Most "junk" processed meat foods run around the 6-7€/kg mark.
Any decent quality processed food that isn't frozen will be around the 10-12€/kg mark - which starts to become cheap restaurant territory so you might as well go there instead.

But guess what? I could get fresh tomatoes and almost any other vegetable for 0.7€/kg if I can be bothered to go to the local market instead of the supermarket.
Which I can't because 4-5€ saved isn't worth an hour of my time, but if I was poor that'd be a good option.
I can get some good honest beef chunks for 9€/kg, add some 0.5€/kg potatoes and the aforementioned veggies and make a god tier stew.

This "healthy food is more expensive" meme needs to die.
Compared to a homegrown meal processed food is expensive as fuck.

It's not the government's fault that fatties are too lazy to cook a fucking steak at home.

>Fats aren't bad for you if you have something called self control and can therefore avoid eating 2 pounds of fries every single day.
Truer words are rarely uttered. I personally eat a whole chocolate bar every day, and I'm thin. I've done it for almost a decade now. There really is nothing wrong with our foods, fatties simply lack the most rudimentary self control.

go read about type 2 diabetes, aussiebro, and take care of your liver and eyesight
being a skelly low energy guy is as bad as being fat, the difference being that doctors only care about lards
You are surely losing muscle by the day

Eggs are pretty unsaturated senpai, around 14% PUFA. Compare that to beef/milk and coconut oil around 2% PUFA.

Fries still get a ton of shit for being "too fat" so they're completely relevant to the topic, fagtron.

>not eating sugar causes diabetes
Did you fall on your head when you were little?

When did I call potatoes shit food you dummy?

i'm talking about actual shit food, processed food which has rejects amongst their many ingredients.
Calm your tits italian man.

>keto makes you a skeletal weakling

>he doesn't know about the massive anti-cancer benefit of endogenous ketones
>he doesn't know fasting for 5 days raises HGH levels 300%

>tfw hungry and everything's closed