Supersize Me: Thoughts?

Mcdonalds hate by millennials is due in part to this movie. It was misleading and preached a progressive message that the government should protect us from ourselves and the big evil fast food corporations. It also propagated the myth that fast food burgers will not mold or decay because of all the alleged fake ingredients and preservatives. Released in 2004 at a time where most millennials were at the right age to absorb the message blindly I believe it has had a large effect on the current perception of McDonalds.

McDonalds is far from great but everyone knows eating too much fat and sugar every day will make you a fat fuck and sick eventually.

Was there a purpose behind this movie other than for the film maker to make money? Maybe paving the way for soda taxes or political power grabs to tell the public what they can and can't eat?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=21eYqibrBNI
youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs
youtube.com/watch?v=Bb7Fi8I-qOk&list=PL5LkaJ9v9x9GFSBWOdFv1AjeDoN9voACf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I think it was part of the whole 'artesian foodie' movement wherein Gourmet Supermarkets arose, and every normal grocierie store had to install a 'natural' isle, and generally the food market got bifrucated into rich and poor with no middle class.

Basically McDonalds and Coke are symbols of when America used to have a middle class and therefore the Jews think they must be destroyed.

Tried to be the next Michael Moore, who had great mainstream success with Lefty feature release docos around the same time (Bowling for Columbine and the Bush one), but discontinued his Micky Ds diet midway through the film so never attained Michael Moore status.

It's vegan propaganda. After I watched it in health class in high school, I went out and got my first Big Mac. It was delicious.

It's also one of the reasons school lunches became even worse shit after Bush was reelected.

Praise America. Praise freedom.
youtube.com/watch?v=21eYqibrBNI

never go full michael moore.

Together, these three Anons weigh 1000 kg.

True, I can see that. At that time the low carb and atkins craze was going all out and i remember the natual and low carb aisles expanding a ton. Also the low carb craze may have lead to further demonetization of high carbohydrate foods which are fine in normal amounts.

Sorry, Sup Forums is an American board. Try using units of measurements that matter.

what the hell is kg speak american

School lunches became worse after michelle obama. I remember them cheese fries during bush.

Don't forget the gluten sensitivity and the raw-juice phases, goy!

This. I live in ND and they use their Celsius degrees to trick us thinking its cold there (its not)

Can confirm

I like how people can't criticize Micheal Moore on the actual merits of his work or statements, just his weight.

"lol fat people can't have opinions"

for fuck's sake, even Team America had Moore chugging Cocacola before blowing up Mt. Rushmore.

Tbh this film made me want mcdonalds. I had been a vegetarian my whole life, then i saw the scene where that guy has the world record for eating big Macs. And i was like, okay i gotta try this shit. And damm i really enjoyed my first big mac. Stopped being a vegicuck cause of thisfilm, no regrets i was fat before anyway.

McDonald's didn't need any help from this movie ruining its own image. The food is dog food tier and anyone with any self respect would avoid it unless it was the last possible option.

It isn't a bad movie at all. It highlights the problem of obesity, which is much worse now than when this movie came out. Super size me would be considered "fat shaming" if it were released in the current year

Everyone knows eating Mcdonalds is bad, but what i'm trying to figure out is the cause of the demonezation of mcdonalds. Fast casual chains like chipotle and panera are deemed healthier even though most of the time their meals contain even more fat and carbs than a normal meal at Mcdonalds.

you're welcome

People are literally incapable to just eat whatever they want, but in moderation.

It's either a meme diet or turning into a 400 lbs lardass.

Kek, the world has changed so much hasn't it?

Big macs are breddy good desu. You're brobably an nu-male fagito is all.

You're so fucking retarded you can't spell demonization you dumbass motherfucking lard ball.

KYS

All of his opinions are retarded shit though

When Americans and Bongs think about Austria they always think about the Sound of Music (although it was filmed in the US apparently. When I think about the US I think about this movie and westerners. I fucking love you americans, you are badass and the world would be boring without you guys.

The whole movie is bullshit some guy went and did it all over and the numbers don't add up , its called super size me its balony or something

I meant demonetization as in the devaluing of the public image of fast food you Canadian fucking idiot.

We just don't limit our portion sizes, drive too much, and don't walk enough is all.

De, err demon.... err deamonisization?

True patriot right here

It's not even the McDonalds but the Pop (that corn syrup).

McD is demonized because its food looks like play food. Their food is perhaps the most manufactured food of all. BK and Wendys are less manufactured than McD.

I cannot wait until my government gasses your entire country.

We watched some clips of this in our joint PE/Health class in 6th grade. We also watched some shit where someone put a burger in a jar and it didn't get moldy for a year or something, but they still had bacon cheeseburgers and curly fries and Papa John's pizza every day in the lunch lines.

Taco Bell is better anyway.

No it was tough but I stopped drinking soda and feel better. But I've seen fat people stop drinking it and stay fat so I don't know.

Correct. Spurlock's girlfriend was a vegan and tried to push him hard in later years in that direction. He snapped out of it and got rid of her/got dumped. He did a ton of good stuff, especially the series 30 Days and the way underrated "Greatest movie Ever sold." This movie was BTFO by the bodybuilder who ate mcdonalds for a month but it also prompted Mcdonalds to improve. It's easy to not hate them now, but they were much shitter in the early 2000's when this was made. This movie is a big reason why.

I always think of Hitler when i think of Austria.

The movie is barely a decade old and going back and watching today you would think it came out twenty years ago

Just checked. The movie was called fat head. Worth a watch if you enjoyed super size me

True patriot right here

youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs
SUPER SIZE ME BTFO
LACK OF EXERCISE STILL THE NUMBER ONE FATTENER

McDonalds is garbage food and only garbage people go to it out of anything but desperation.

Never seen it because

>i dont eat fast food
>don't care if people do
>also don't care if people get fat

I have more important shit to worry about than "hurr fast food is unhealthy durr"

You see with Taco bell--it tastes okay and all..but something in that meat fucks me up for like 2 days. It's like I've eaten a dark soul or something. It's like eating pain itself.

The middle class never went away, dumbass. Do some research for once you disgusting fat fuck.

Well, it definitely affected some people. Hell, it affected McDonalds for the better, too, encouraging them to have a more diverse set of food options that are also healthier. It didn't damage their sales or anything at all though, implying that people still lovingly went to go eat McDonalds either way.

Don't eat McShits or substitute coke for water

Most people can figure this out but I guess you need a documentary for the intellectuals

That "film" was such bullshit. This faggot who is supposed to be impartial, goes to mcdonalds and vomits from his first meal. God what an absolute cuckold. He's eating vegan pizza right before he goes to Mcdonalds for fuck sake.

Chickens are rather fast why don't you eat them?

It was among the plague of propaganda piece """documentaries""" that flooded the market last decade with people looking to be the next Michael Moore. Probably has a lot to do with why millennials are such dumb fucks and why we now find ourselves in the worst decade since WWII: The Triggering Teens.

Reminder that if you honestly enjoy the taste of """meat""" from McDonalds you're honestly retarded

In 6th grade we were cutting open baby pigs and sticking our dicks in girls. I dont know what the fuck you are talking about, probably never even had a meximelt

Wrong

>demonetization

Makes no sense in this context. Keep doubling down you fat retard.

>be talking to my european friend
>she says it's -40°
>turns out she's using commie degrees

Well shucks..

The most Bizarre thing is how Normies just jump on board with everything. People who were once moderate liberals are now all. "Herr durr fuck white ppl even though I'm white". Shit is crazy

ya right buddy, go smoke a dart.

For me, it's the McChicken, the best fast food sandwich.

He was even more of a retard when he was skinny
youtube.com/watch?v=Bb7Fi8I-qOk&list=PL5LkaJ9v9x9GFSBWOdFv1AjeDoN9voACf

True

Only a just released POW would hurl after super sized meal and not a native burger

Unbiased my balls

I don't?

I get what you mean, for sure. I've recently been doing ketosis and stopped eating out as a result, but the other night I had a moment of weakness and got one of those $5 Cravings boxes. I was going to tap out half-way into the Cheesy Gordita Crunch, but I powered through because I love Taco Bell that goddamn much. I did feel full until the following afternoon, even after pooping twice, which I thought was suspect.

McFish is pretty solid choice too. Gets them Omega fatty acids into your brain piece.

Arnold Schwarzenegger, Hitler, throw a shrimp on the barbie

My intermediate school in Texas had just opened when I was first introduced to public school lunches, I'd say it was 2005 or 2006. They had pizza from Pizza Hut, Hamburgers, crispy chicken sandwiches and microwave burritos in a "fast food" line and then whatever the scheduled lunch was for the day was served in the regular line. Then they had a fridge for ice creams, and a stand for little Debbie snack cakes and chips. Then my 6th grade year, everything went to shit, they stopped the burritos, took away all the snack cakes and ice cream and started making the pizza with wheat crust. I've always been curious as to what happened that caused all those changes.

Nah, McDonald's is shit, and no I don't mean shit tasting food, it is stuff you shouldn't put in you.

>suspect
True.

Reminder that no one gives two shits what you say

Kids think McDonalds is worse than anything else on the market, literally the only way you can get good food is if you make it yourself from scratch.

Yo my man, would you recommend keto diet?

not molding and decaying is a good thing. People are fucking retarded. Food poisoning rates have gone down enormously because of preservatives.

Chickens are not fast

>can someone tell me what's wrong with this

kek

SSM confirmed what we all know: Eating McDonald's 3x a day every day for a month is bad for you. It was kinda heavy-handed, but it did go into a little more detail than we were used to about their business practices and the fast food industry as a whole.

There was a backlash when it came out, more on McDonald's than the industry as a whole (which is silly--as if Burger King or Wendy's or whatever is "better for you"), but over time a few of the more distasteful things about fast food have changed for the better. I don't know if it was a direct result of SSM, but an informed population isn't a bad thing.

It was misleading and factually inaccurate which allows it to be used as propaganda for liberal power grabs. It doesn't help the public because other options that have popped up since deemed as healthier have more calories. The obesity problem wont be solved with soda tax and shitty tasteless and horrible looking school lunches. Schools have cut PE in many places which is a bad idea IMO.

Shit documentary. He ate way too much and didn't exercise at all. Of course you are going to get fat.

There was that counter documentary in which the guy ate as much but exercised and results were vastly different.

>merits
Name one. Exploiting the losses of others for personal financial gain is not a merit.

I ate a lunchable as a kid and threw up because I was so unused to eating over-processed garbage like macdonalds is.
I have a pretty sensitive stomach though.

No difference between corn syrup and sugar. It's just an easier alternative for sugar. The bad thing aboug hfcs is that it makes garbage tasteless corn.
>try harder shill

I eat macdonalds about once every 4 years. I miss super sized meals however. I am a skinny guy by every standard, and I can eat unbelievable amounts of food. I always thought it was absurd to reduce the size of a soft drink and french fries just because some ass-hats with eating disorders cannot seem to keep weight off. FFS, I am borderline hypoglycemic, and they punish me? I eat healthy for months straight.

I was at macdonalds about 2 years ago and got a big mac meal, and asked for it to be supersized....they acted somewhat offended.

So I can just buy a meal, and for a few extra dollars get an additional portion of fries and a cola for $2 more bucks? Please tell me how smaller sized meals helped Fatty-mc-fat ass? Oh wait, it forces weak people to spend more to get the same amount as before.

Not only do they have eating disorders (overeaters) now they are getting their wallets BTFO to keep up their addiction.

I don't buy beer because of how I am, why can't they find an Over-eaters Anonymous?

But I can buy all the beers I want in a 24oz can.....

>not eating superior Hot-N-Spicy

Little bitch tongue.

Praise be the McChicken.

>Was there a purpose behind this movie other than for the film maker to make money?

his girlfriend was a vegan chef. what the fuck do you think?

this movie was as much a documentary as "This Is Spinal Tap"

The reason the show the food not getting moldy and breaking down is because they try to bullshit you into thinking mcdonalds doesnt break down in your stomach, which is categorically false. Its a scare tactic to get you to stop eating it.

Its like those anti smoking ads where it shows the smoke leaving an open window, then going several floors up through another window, down several hallways, under a door, through the house and into a baby's crib where the smoke then turns into a creepy hand or monster....

I've seen the movie many many years ago, my memory of it is fuzzy, but one thing in this movie left an impression on me: it's how he went straight out of his way to eat non-stop at McDonalds WAY past his own body's need of intake. If he ate reasonable portions that your average person does then this wouldn't even be an issue, but instead he just consumed insane amounts of food. You'll get fat from just about any food if consuming so much all the time, you don't need a shit tier fast-food chain to do that.

These days if you send a kid to school with a Lunchable parents will practically report you to cps. When I was in school a ton of kids ate them every day.

wtf is a natural isle?

>He ate way too much and didn't exercise at all. Of course you are going to get fat.

I get the pushback to this, but "eating way too much and not exercising at all" is a pretty common lifestyle among Americans that he was trying to emulate. It wasn't really fair to single out McDonald's to do it, but as a message it makes sense.

He is a hipster douchbag asshole. Supersize me was entertaining, but fat head was the perfect counter argument film.

Then he got a TV series where he pretended to be poor but in the opening credits his cunt wife bragged about her diamond that cost more than her college education. He is everything wrong with liberals.

you better put extra mayo on that

dont be a scared little bitch

Be America in ND
>go outside in real -40 degrees
>truck fires up just fine
>snow is plowed and the roads are clear
>make it to the jobsite making 30 USD an hour

Be canadian
>be too cold
>get sick
>wait 4 years for medical care
>import refugees
>die

Also why do Canadians go to the hospital for minor shit like a sprain ankle or Parkinson's? It's like they hate work and love refugees

This

Don't eat what fat people eat

McShits is the walmart of restaurants

good drunk food but thats about it

You can get these for 1 dollar each at Arby's too.

>unironically defending Michael Moore in Current Year+1

ISHYGDDT

He's a lying and manipulative polemicist, ain't nobody has time to do any more than call him a liar since he's been irrelevant now for a decade, the egregious nature of this distortions has been well documented, only the most closed-minded liberals deny it.

But saying all that shit is just not as fun as it is to just call him a tubby fucktard.

McDonalds isn't that bad compared to most fast foods. Count the calories and eliminate the supersize coke its actually at the lower end and their sourcing actually isn't that bad. The chicken slushie is falsely attributed to McDonalds but that was actually a company supplying school cafeterias. McDonalds nuggest actually have pretty fresh chicken. They used to have massive amounts of trans fats but they eliminated them like 2 decades ago.

The real trick Mcdonalds somehow pulls off is convincing people they are stuffing themselves with gluttony when they supply a very small amount of actual food. The big Mac is one of the smallest hamburgers on the market and a meal with a water or diet drink is only 500 calories. Im usually still hungry after a mcdonalds value meal.

BurgerKing makes a better one

The high fructose corn syrup myth is another strange one. Its all sugar, it breaks down the same way. Maybe has to do with lobbyists and propaganda campaigns to promote a different product?