Why is the middle east so religious?

Why is the middle east so religious?

More advanced nations become more secular. I don't know why this is true but it seems to be.

apostasy.

as a lefty, i believe moderate islam can only be so if they make modern-day reforms.

1. They're inbred
2. They're stupid
3. The punishment for leaving islam is Death
4. Child Brides
5. ???
7. Prophet

in case if i wasn't clear, the penalty for apostasy is an old-fashioned stoning.

They become more secular because Western Culture has the means by the use of Geography, that allows peoples, cargo, and thoughts to travel on a more easier field rather than people who are bounded by harsher geography such as deserts, oceans, mountains, etc. Places separated by deserts and mountains tend to be more backwards and impoverished due to its geography keeping people out and not allowing new ideas in.

Real answers:

1. Birthplace of monotheism

2. Birthplace of all the Abrahamic religions

3. Location of sites with religious significance

4. Religious wars fought there in the past

Because the West has spent 6 decades undermining seculars

They don't have anything else.

>Prophet

lmao

challenge initiated:

fine a single woman in this picture

It's because they aren't white, don't you dare disrupt the hive mind.

Because they literally have the true religion.

Opium of the people. Dictators feel more safe that way.

You know how cavemen worshiped the sun and how ancient Mayans sacrificed themselves at the top of pyramids to stop hurricanes?

It's like that, but with a child-raping barbarian.

Found the Turkroach.

How are you suppose to know for sure what gender someone identifies with from a picture like that?

Fear.
Their own religion scares the fuck out of them.
Stupid fuckers

fucking prophet my poor sides

Europeans we're religious and fighting over the "right" interpretation left and right too 700 years ago

Its biggest redpill that we all have to swallow eventually. Even the Irish up in the mountains differed from the other Europeans below the mountains. The lower-land people were more civilized and spoke english, while the higher land people were more brutish and backwards and would raid the lower-land people for items.

The difference is that we eventually realized how fucking stupid that was and stopped.

Muslims never did. If it wasn't for oil they'd be abo-tier, but with more violence.

wow sweden looks like its really prosperous! pic form op really shows how diverse its gotten over there.

globalism is good :3

Low IQ.

Now that's a shitty argument if I've ever seen one. Let's look at two countries, Phillipines and Japan, two countries with similar geographical conditions (island nations in eastern asia). Japan has a religious population of roughly ~40% and the Phillippines is one of the most religious in the world with estimates of nearly 95% percent following some form of organized religion. Geography is such a non issue in how secular a country is that I'm questioning how retarded you'd have to be to conclude that it's the biggest factor.

Because they never got tricked by the Jews into forgoing their faith.

> be me, be middle east 2000 years ago
> random tribes, romans, Persians, Greeks and jews. Messy but hoping for better in the future
> be middle east 1500 years ago
> Suddenly full of Christians. I'm totally cool with this. Some messy tribes and still a few Jews and Druze and Berber but theyre small numbers, i can handle that
> be middle east today
> Wtf happened. Where did all these muzzies come from. Kill me now.

Lets look at the differences in culture among people in mountains. Irishmen in the highlands were more likely to speak Gaelic, while the lowlanders adopted English as a speaking language and were given more opportunities to learn and read from books of English descent. The lowlanders were more apt to learning new skills and new ideas since there were more connections to the outside world, in contrast, to the highlanders who were more backwards and at times pillaged the lowlanders for their food. A trend that tends to rear its ugly head is that the people living in mountains or seperated by the desert tend to be more backward due to the lack of outside influences.

Little reminder that agriculture back then was a passed down skill and also relied on nutrients from flooding which, doesn't happen everywhere.

Eh, that's true in some cases but not in others. We propped up the secular Shah of Iran.

because they are dumb enough to believe their religious leaders who're trying to harvest their lives for political power.

bcoz they were conquered by muslims

Lower iq makes you more religious

What I meant is that they are 700 years backwards and yes the only thing that keeps them from fucking goats and inbreeding is oil money, wait no, it doesn't stop them.

Genetics.

>god life is shit. Well best start preparing for the afterlife.

OP's post asks the question "why is the middle east so religious?" yet you're spouting some unrelated nonsense concerning historical Britain that you probably heard in last weeks European history lecture. The ottoman empire ruled much of the same land that constitutes the current middle east and they certainly weren't backwards just because their territory included a lot of desert. In fact it's the opposite, they were a world power at their height.

Little reminder that I'm not arguing that geography doesn't impact the economic success of nations. Being connected to other people through trade has historically proved beneficial and this is just fucking common sense that you're arguing for. I'm arguing that the physical geography of the modern day middle east has little impact on how religious/secular it is.

Because if Allah isn't real then that means they've been killing each other for the past 1500 years for no reason

Well no shit, if they did they wouldn't be Muslim would they?

I seriously don't understand your stupid as fuck statement. That's like saying "Christians never did".

Maybe think before you type retarded crap next time.

Well played.

Because it's enforced