IMDB has SHUT IT DOWN

OY VEY! The Internet Movie Data Base (owned by Jeff Bezos) has announced it will permanently delete all its message boards on February 17.

>After in-depth discussion and examination, we have concluded that IMDb's message boards are no longer providing a positive, useful experience for the vast majority of our more than 250 million monthly users worldwide. The decision to retire a long-standing feature was made only after careful consideration and was based on data and traffic.

source: imdb.com/board/announcement

The announcement goes on to say that users can continue their discussions on the official IMDB social media sites, such as Facebook, Twitter, and Tumblr, Pinterest, and Snapchat. (lol)

The Hollyjews are really doubling-down on censorship these days! What do you think spawned them to finally pull the plug on the "free speech" of their heavily-moderated message boards?

have you ever been in the imdb forums though?
it's fucking terrible, worse than youtube
thousands of people calling films shit, and that's it
good fucking riddens

Aren't the discussions at the bottom of each film entry's page an extension of the forums?

They're certainly no worse than the level of discourse one finds... well, here, for example.

I wonder if they will start deleting film reviews next...?

I doubt movie studios are pleased that a website they're paying houses thousands of snobs who refuse to eat up every turd Hollywood puts out.

Roman Polanski and Meryl Streep sitting in a park

Maybe the movies are shit then?

the message boards influence the opinion if you want to see a movie, for example the new ghostbusters movie, there were so many threads open how shit it is that shills didnt have a chance to argue with muh sexism

Is this the end of the Brendan Fraser support group?

Then we start our own movie reviews! This board particularly has become very stale of late.
Passengers
A movie for feminists and there white knight beta orbiters. I watched this movie because Pratt. Seems to be a genuine cool guy. Really don't care for Lawrence that much especially in this movie. Her voice was hoarse and sounded like she'd been bitching out people all day. She's reminds me a lot of the old character Louis Lane. Bitchy. Amy Adam's LL is much more likable.

(spoilers spoilers fuck your spoilers)
The story goes something like this. Hapless but likable Pratt is accidentally awoken on space ship thats on autopilot for a colony world. He spends a good amount of time trying to find help and then trying to help himself. Eventually he realizes he's stuck on this ship and will die alone. After a year alone except for an android bar tender he has slowly lost his shit and tries to kill himself. He chickens out and then decides to be the douchest douche he can be and wake up another passenger so he doesn't have to be alone. He chooses JLaw because he thinks he's in love with the dumb cunt. He dupes her into believing it wasn't accident and so they start dating and shit. Eventually she finds out he fucked her over and she throws a major bitch fit about it and decides to stop talking about it. Laurence Fishburn the crew member wakes up. He figures the ship is fucked up and about to explode killing all passengers but then LF dies from convenient bullshit reasons. Also he manages to tell Pratt what he did to JL was pretty douchie. Adventure ensues Pratt and Jlaw save the day and he couldn't have done it without JLaw. They reconcile and live happily ever after on the stupid ship presumably dying of old age without children.
For Normies 7/10
For Sup Forums 6/10

>thousands of people calling films shit, and that's it

So it's just Sup Forums with usernames if Sup Forums was Sup Forums?

so Sup Forums without feet?

Most films are shit, though.

When media closes comment sections, delete forums it essentialy a simple message:
>SHUT UP GOYIM!
>WE TALK - YOU LISTEN!

Nothing wrong with this decision. Take a look at the shit for yourself, thanks to a new wave a memelords, it's hard to get discussion anywhere

Good then all evidence of my cringy mid-2000s posts will be gone

the owner is not jewish

Your post is Sup Forums quality. Congtatulations.

IMDB boards were great back before there was Netflix or anything like that and watching a movie meant having to drive across town to the Blockbuster and pray they had a copy of what you wanted to see still in stock and didn't want to waste time on a turd.

They figured they'll need to ban too many opinions in the future, so they outsource opinion banning jobs to faceberg.

This isn't censorship. Old fashioned 90's style message boards like neogaf and IMDb are just totally obsolete. They're irrelevant in this day and age

>most films are shit
>people rightly call them shit
>welp I guess we need to shut our comments down

Censorship in the modern age is being unable to say anything bad about a product because corporations have somehow created an unspoken and unwritten constitutional right to profits.

IMDB discussions are usually way more accurate than those reviews

I tend to just skip the reviews and just read the forum thread titles, which usually gives enough insight into whether or not someone is worth the time to watch it.

I think this has more to do with IMDB not wanting people being able to easily discuss how rigged their reviews are

>riddens
Damn dude, you guys invented English. What is your excuse? Wake the fuck up limey!

>decides to stop talking about it
stop talking to him*

>Old fashioned 90's style message boards like neogaf and IMDb are just totally obsolete. They're irrelevant in this day and age

Except each board was for discussing an specific movie. You seriously think people will discuss an specific movie in fucking Facebook? It will be meme after meme.

That's a real shame. Is there any other central place to discuss obscure movies that don't have their own websites? Seems like they're throwing the baby out with the bathwater here.

>Old fashioned 90's style message boards like neogaf and IMDb are just totally obsolete
nah, message boards are perfectly fine

> IMDb's message boards are no longer providing a positive, useful experience for the vast majority of our more than 250 million monthly users worldwide
they key word in all this is 'positive', and their solution definitely defines user opinions and free speech as negative

they are killing the imdb boards to ensure:
- the only opinion on the movie is given by the '''''''user''''''' score that can be easily manipulated or bought
- the increasing public opinion against the (((establishment))) and their movies has no place in imdb, only numbers no details
- imdb doesn't have to worry about board moderation or infrastructure

Daily Beast and Vice shut down commenting as well. The Left can't handle trolls in their safe spaces.

>release shitty films year-after-year
>get shat upon on imdb year-after-year
>shut down imdb

TYPICAL TRICKS, SHLOMO

>he says while posting on 4chins

I think the entire internet is headed in this direction. It's going to become ever more like cable TV - carefully curated, bland content. In another decade or two, IMDB will remove the reviews as well, keeping only the user ratings (which will no longer be broken down by category, to "simplify" things) and various movie trivia.

>Daily Beast
kek, Chelsea Clinton's on the board of directors, she probably couldn't take all the shit talking about her mom.

I wonder who could be behind this post,.

It's fine, TheChamCham can come here.

Good job parroting MSM, dumb ass. Had plenty of civilized threads going on there and they also served as good indicator of movie quality. This is so bad in fact that I will never use imdb anyway. The ratings are garbage.

But his owners are you affirmative action sandal nigger

Nice clickbait title faggot. This has been known for a month now. Also

>tfw posted on the Video Games board for a large part of 2006.

Then I found Sup Forums and never turned back since.

>announced on Feb 3
>today is Feb 14
>all message boards are kill Feb 20

>"IT"S BEEN KNOWN FOR A MONTH NOW"

I'd argue it's pretty damned sudden when the IMDB community has been told they're being evicted in two weeks.

I think you're both right--- there is an ongoing, intentional effort to dumb-down the infrastructure of the internet. All major sites are connected to each other, and most smaller sites encourage users to sign up for everything with their Google or Facebook accounts. The end-game seems to be "one account per user".

Anonymity is increasingly looked down upon, or outright prohibited. Comments sections have been steadily disappearing from MSM sites; after years of censorship, it seems they're finally giving up and just deleting the ability to post a dissenting opinion.

The powers-that-be want the Internet to be nothing more than a giant marketplace. They don't want discussions, they don't want dissent, they don't want debate; they just want users to shut-up and spend money.

This kind of comment is unwelcome here.

And they cover up comments from all sites by adding that google loader thing to search results, it cuts out all comment sections (and other JS stuff). They think they are so clever in their manipulation of people, when in fact they are just giant fuck wads.

There have been threads about this on Sup Forums for weeks you dumb nigger.

I don't visit Sup Forums and I doubt many Sup Forumsacks do, either. This is a political thread about mass, institutionalized censorship. I'm not here to talk about cartoons or whatever bullshit Sup Forums is obsessed with.

Contribute intelligently or fuck off, Dutchy.

I'm sorry I offended you, oh mighty american intellectual.

Just go to RYM.

>thousands of people calling films shit, and that's it

oy vey we can't have truth in the current year!