Elon Musk: Humans must merge with machines or become irrelevant in AI age

www.cnbc.com/2017/02/13/elon-musk-humans-merge-machines-cyborg-artificial-intelligence-robots.html

>The Tesla and SpaceX CEO said on Monday that humans need to merge with machines to become a sort of cyborg.
"Over time I think we will probably see a closer merger of biological intelligence and digital intelligence," Musk told an audience at the World Government Summit in Dubai, where he also launched Tesla in the United Arab Emirates (UAE).

>Musk explained what he meant by saying that computers can communicate at "a trillion bits per second", while humans, whose main communication method is typing with their fingers via a mobile device, can do about 10 bits per second.
>In an age when AI threatens to become widespread, humans would be useless, so there's a need to merge with machines, according to Musk.
"Some high bandwidth interface to the brain will be something that helps achieve a symbiosis between human and machine intelligence and maybe solves the control problem and the usefulness problem," Musk explained.
The technologists proposal would see a new layer of a brain able to access information quickly and tap into artificial intelligence. It's not the first time Musk has spoken about the need for humans to evolve, but it's a constant theme of his talks on how society can deal with the disruptive threat of AI.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RNFesa01llk
youtube.com/watch?v=dQpGwnN3dfc
youtube.com/watch?v=sUIcCyPOA30
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Elon Musk is a fucking moron when it comes to AI.

The things he goes on about are like "worrying about overpopulation on Mars", to quote Andrew Ng.

Maybe the Amish have it right

Elon Musk has lots of ideas, most of them bad, the HyperLoop is one of those.

youtube.com/watch?v=RNFesa01llk

>Musk told an audience at the World Government Summit in Dubai
>His eyes were droopy and bloodshot from watching science fiction movies all night long
Btw we need to bring guns into space in case Jason Voorhees is still up there

Yeah.. no. What all the sci-fi visionares tend to forget, is that the human brain wasn't built to handle that much stimuli. Even current "modern life", is thought to be too stressful already, but jacking your brain up to the internet or something? That would open up new roads of even worse kinds of "burnout syndrome" than we know of.

>trusting anything musk says
he can't even keep a launch date or produce the model 3 on time, how can he predict shit like this?

jesus christ elon musk is fucking retarded

>how to get your brain hacked in one simple step
How about no?

I for one, welcome our new android overlords.

Why bother?

These guys are insane. They want immortality so bad, you would think they were actually scared of death.

People who don't believe in an afterlife tend to be.

That's only if you increase data inputs by enhancing senses.

So the filter is neccesary too

This. The breakdown of human ability to keep up with information is well underway.

This is so silly. Of course we will create AI to worship humans just as God created us to worship him.

You wouldn't create something so powerful without some kind of snare to weed out the crappy iterations.

what if I just want a little bit of farmland in the countryside with a self sustained farm system? Is that too much to ask for nowadays Mr Musk?

I've been saying this for years. Imagine CGI created without physical input, which instead is generated directly from the brain's visualization.

Content could be created in insane quantities. Our bodies are suppressing the potential of the brain.

anti-human piece of shit. death 2 augs

This.

Once I realised death is inevitable, I have started investing in things that won't die after I am gone. Culture, future generations, etc.

isn't that only the case when you have to consciously sift through it though?

musk seems to be going on about merging with computers, wouldn't that imply linking the subconscious up on some level?

> Tfw, Musk is right

Human consciousness can only handle so much in its current state, as well. We'd need to mentally or mechanically adapt to the increased data flow or we'll burn out like Hans up there says. It's a difficult problem.

yfw kino becomes reality
youtube.com/watch?v=dQpGwnN3dfc

>life can only be measured in bits per second
>says guy in the business of selling you technology
really makes u think

Burn us out

Who ever survives is the next step in evolution.

Prove me wrong.

Yup of course he is. Humans can barely compete with machines now.

How would a liberal mind react to unfiltered truth brought on by merging with an omniscient AI?

machines are only made to serve mankind. if they're faster than us, great. but its not a fucking competition between man and machine

elon musk is a fucking M A D M A N

I'm not sure if you're trying to make a redpill joke or not, but if a human was merged with an omniscient being they would cease to be human.

>yfw we are the borg all along

How would any mind? Each of us is a smug self righteous prick. Imagine how big our heads will be plugged into 9001x computing power

Antrans when?

Tell that to the Chinese working in factories.

What happens when man becomes part or wholly machine, mein leaf?

>install chips inside your head
>Russian hacker gets access to your thoughts and can control your actions

>chinese
soulless automatons anyways

literally the Borg off Star Trek

no thank you, I'd rather be obsolete

>Who ever survives is the next step in evolution.

That is actually a good way to look at it though. Just like most modern humans can't move their ears anymore, the new most important trait would be the kind of "intelligence" or capability to withstand such data.

Not really. The Borg was a hive mind, basically with android husks preloaded with advanced tech and algorithms for dealing with threats and shit that needs assimilatin'. Musk just wants to boost our brainpower by individually splicing an AI into our heads.

>he fell for the evolution meme

Masonic cult beliefs permeate (((science))). Science is just another loopy cult, that occasionally tells the truth. Don't think it is any more reliable than (((religion))). They twist everything to fit their warped view of things.

Deus ex irl

to what end? to serve our jewish overlords more efficiently? mining rare earth minerals in space for china faster? why not progress normally, whats the rush?

>all of this pleb faggots hating on senpai Elon

Kill yourselves, you fucking retards.
The fate of the white man was to always advance, and h+ is the next step in evolution. All of you unworthy and weak faggets will get wed out along with the shitskins.

If our ancestors thought like you, we would still communicate through grunts and eat grass and bananas

>watched JRE #911 with alex jones last night
>he was talking about how the elite want to transcend humanity in a technocratic society and leave us all to die after they chase moloch on other planets
>yeah sure whatever A
>elon says this shit

W-why does he keep getting proved right?

Since when does Nick Land live in Canada

>Who ever survives is the next step in evolution.

I have 12 kids from 4 women. The future belongs to men like me. I have 87 IQ and can't figure out facebook..

At least he is trying. At least he is coming up with ideas. No one brings up one final idea and immediatelly it's the world-changer. You have to keep trying until it works.

Say what you want but his "bad" idea of building electro cars winds up the economy even in Germany when all car companies here are now working their ass off to be able to compete with Tesla.

I am ready for ghost in the shell future, shit would be comfy.

sure, that's how it starts...

>white supremacy

Fucking brainlet

The KKK was created by rubes who were in close contact yet below the elite and interpreted their transcendence mumbo jumbo as white supremacy.

Death.

There IS no progress happening. Evolution occurs on a geological scale, and right now the only real evolution we can do in short order is transhumanistic. That is, of course, implying one DOES want to evolve. The benefits would be immortality, enhanced stamina, speed, strength and sensory input. Physically, bioengineering and cybernetics, both eventually leading to transhumanism, is the best way for humanity to surpass itself.

Kek, isn't this what Alex Jones said would exactly happen?

If we merge with AIs, anime can finally be real.

>(((Thunderf00t)))

>There IS no progress happening
purely political. do you think our politicians operating on 4 dimensions would make progress any easier? we just need an other global conflict

These type of posts are the kind of posts that make me fucking hate nu-Sup Forums. Look at this autistic retard.

HOW CAN SCIENCE BE A FUCKING CULT? Research and data cannot be faked, you stupid mongoloid, because they can be proved anytime.

Who the fuck mentioned anything about the KKK. They were just useful idiots. Also, what the fuck are you doing here when you're against white supremacy? kill yourself

So whoever controls the machines will control your body and society? No thanks.

>we just need an other global conflict

'Just'ing a world war.

A mere global conflagaration he says.

Oyy veyy goyim! Merge with machines! This totally has nothing to do with the Molochian plan to enslave humanity by literally controlling our brains....

No EVOLUTIONARY progress. Ideological and governmental progress abound. Scientific progress marches forward. But humans are stagnant, they might even be regressing because of the comfort society affords them. Augmentation is a solution to many problems, though it presents problems of its own.

Not how it works. That would be possible if everyone in the world was suddenly augmented by one source with control over the software, but that's just not how it'll go down.

>we just need to implant AI inside our brains

'just' AI

a mere AI transplant he says

My solution is much more realistic

What AI? We haven't even made one yet ffs

>10 bits per second

You mean bytes? No way we are that slow

This
Having control of everyone by merging their bodies with easily trackable machines is the next step for world domination by the elites

But now you're confabulating quotes. Are you expecting to retain credibility?

>No EVOLUTIONARY progress
We've hit peak. We're at the point where we can hypothesize about AI. Why take away our humanity? Then you're just an other computer with a model number that'll be obsolete in 2 years

We've made many VI's. AI is still very far off.

A new layer on the cortex could work, but idk, sounds like too much worse

Agree.

>The "humanity" meme
Your humanity is not denoted by the physical shell you wear. Your intellect, emotions and desires are what make you human. Our bodies limit what we can do; without flesh, the possibilities are endless. Anyone who says otherwise is a contrarian or is deathly afraid of surrendering their body because it's overly central to their identity. You are not your body, though your body shapes your thoughts. Humanity is independent, though influenced by, our physical selves.

>elon musk is fucking retarded

no wonder he's on the CIA payroll

>Who ever survives is the next step in evolution
What if the only ones who can survive this stimulation are persons with iq

I LOVE Elon's plan to send humans to Mars and I think that the world needs more daring, unconventional and ambitious people like Elon. However, when it comes to AI, Elon is a fucking idiot. AI can EASILY be controlled REMOTELY, so even if we somehow 'merged' ourselves with AI, we could STILL be controlled by kikes from a distance. It's just not worth it. I am NOT against the concept of AI in and of itself, because I think that AI can be used to do genuinely good things, but we shouldn't indulge in AI too much as long as scheming kikes exist.

If you think it's crazy, throw your phone away right now.

The unit of information is literally a bit, so yes you can measure how many bits humans are able to communicate per second and it's a pretty good way of looking at things in this context.

sounds like a whole bunch of aug propaganda to me. there is no shell, everything we have is what makes us human

Really not how AI works. And it's not like people wouldn't pore over every string of code to find the GOYIM OBEY button in your AI. It would be a really fucking dumb idea for anyone to try and mindhacc people.

My guess? You lose at least a part of your soul if not all.

>AI age
>implying my first concern is going to be employment
Oh, there's goin to be some merging goin on alright. Ahyuk.

>governmental progress

so you mean alex jones was right once again?

fuck him and his technological tranny bullshit.
shit is a trick to mass mind control.

how many bits per second do you figure the greatest pieces of art are? which coincidentally haven't been challenged since the computer era

>owning a disposable machine and having a controllable machine become part of you are the same things

If you believe in the concept of the soul, then you agree with me whether you like it or not. The soul is independent of the body, or so they say. Hell, they say the mind is too. If you remove the mind and the soul from the body and keep them alive, your person, your animus, is undiminished. Am I wrong?

He's right though. We are all already quite the cyborg's. With our portable information terminal's and personal computers.

>When you hand over so much of your life and work to digital devices, the insistence you’re not a cyborg doesn’t sound very convincing anymore, now does it? For you, all these terminals and A.I. programs are practically a second brain. Am I right? It’s said the arc of progress is the expansion of the body’s functionality. That means, man’s history is also the history of cyberization, and vice versa. Like I said, we’re more machine than we think.

>The soul is independent of the body
says you. if there is no body, there is no soul. not on this plane anyways

Doesn't matter what you say, rabbi. Either way, it's not worth it.

Clearly Alex Jones is right.

youtube.com/watch?v=sUIcCyPOA30

I don't know if this guy is an autistic retard or a genius ahead of his time

>the new most important trait would be the kind of "intelligence" or capability to withstand such data.

Or ignore much of such data.

alex jones is always right. he's our messiah to guide us through this era of technological sinners and blasphemers

clickbait

you are complete moron if you cannot think beyong your current limitations as that you would need machines

protip, WE ALREADY HAVE MERGED WITH MACHINES, WE HAVE MERGED WITH TOOLS THE MOMENT TOOLS WERE INVENTED, THERE IS NOTHING UNUSUAL GOING AROUND, THIS ARTICLE IS HERE TO GET CLICKS FROM YOU

Why not both?

More like Elon Mush wants to chip everyone so rather then having to control you through your news and and social media they can just do it from a terminal with internet access

*INHALES STRONG TOBACCO*