Americans rebel against British rule because of Taxes

>Americans rebel against British rule because of Taxes.

>Tea taxes.

>Tea taxes, which only the upper classes had to pay for.

I don't understand.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=R7DhFhzkjcA
davekopel.org/2A/LawRev/american-revolution-against-british-gun-control.html
heritage.org/index/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Droit_du_seigneur
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battles_of_Lexington_and_Concord
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The "revolutionaries" were basically 18th century SJWs chimping out over "le evil british oppreshun!"

Pathetic really

FUCK OFF UR NOT EVEN MY REAL DAD

>I don't understand.

there was a trade dispute over authority to tax so they blew up the ships the tax collectors were going to sail home in

pretty clear message if you ask me

What? That yanks couldn't stand the simplest of taxes?

So that your country could become a place where low life degenerates get to live in comfort thanks to welfare?

Colonies were pay denbts tier after the French and Indian War. They literally got a free ride on it and taxes were implemented after to make up the cost after years no to minimal taxation on certain goods.

It was literally rich old fucks throwing a shit fit of having to pay for the defence of their property in a prior war.

What makes you think only the upper classes could afford tea? If that were so it would not have been so important to the British economy.

The English imposed something known as a 'Stamp Act' on the colonies, in which playing cards, dice, patent medicines, cheques, mortgages, contracts, marriage licenses and newspapers were taxed. It wasn't just 'lol tea'

Its america. North or South of the Continent it doesnt matter. Its the same as asking why do Brazilians kill each other for the lulz.

youtube.com/watch?v=R7DhFhzkjcA

This is the 18th century, everything was fucking taxed.

The French and Spanish empires did very similar things, in fact they technically did it much harsher then the British.

>kill anglo scum and gain 2nd amendment

It was a pretty good deal for us 2bh

>What? That yanks couldn't stand the simplest of taxes?

nope, it was over the authority to tax, yanks wanted to self govern, Brits decided to send troops but couldn't manage to find decent Naval captains who didn't have huge gambling debt in France so treasonous actions by a very small number of British Naval captains negotiated the truce that became our great experiment, then all the French who helped out were murdered during the French revolution so we left no witnesses

>It was literally rich old fucks throwing a shit fit of having to pay for the defence of their property in a prior war.

these guys would rather let their troops huddle naked in a barn than have to pay for uniforms

Because the Jews wanted to divide the empire.

>defending the colonies is expensive
>need to up tax a bit to pay for it
>go full REEEE over a small bit of cash

>2nd Amendment.

You do realise the British passed BY LAW that all Americans HAD to buy a Musket for protection.

A bunch of middle class Yanks got all fucked up on political ideals established by the landowning class of the America's, then accidentally pushed themselves into a corner where they couldn't accept any compromise from the British so they forced an incident on their terms in order that the British would then have to do something stupid and push a good chunk of the more moderate American's into the radical's arms by cracking down on them.

It was made worse by poor diplomacy on the part of the British. The American's saw themselves still as very much British men, but the British themselves just saw them as colonials.

FUCK YOUR TEA, FAGGOTS.

We had a war with France as well.

The tea of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.

And then they took away most peoples guns when the government decided its subjects didnt need them anymore, while we're making our own AR15s and not registering them haha

taxation without representation, m'lord

We had no say in anything. We couldn't even pass a simple law to keep pigs off the streets in the colonies.

>British themselves just saw them as colonials.

let's not forget the social system this is coming out of, in England if you didn't have money you were nothing, a slave, and if you did have money when you got married the king got to fuck your wife on your wedding night before you did, because god told him he was better than everyone else

fucking wacky people

That's what they claimed the war was for. The taxation that occurred was making America pay denbts which cut big time into the FFs profits.

Letting troops huddle in a barn rather than get uniform just proves the point that the FFs were just rich old cheap assholes dodging debts.

Pay denbts now burger

Merchants and bankers were the most influential people in colonial America. They probably had their own version of Sharia Blue to manipulate the lower classes. They would pay people to go into taverns in all of the colonies and tell awful jokes and shout "KINGF BTFO" until they got their revolution.

How in the world did they not teach you in your history class the idea of no taxation without representation?

You thought the whole thing was over tea?

Fucking retard. It's because you idiots taxed us without having us having a voice in your shitty Parliament. So we BTFO you and you fucked off back to your Island.

You'll find in your history this happens many times with other countries.

"The reason why the sun never sets on the British empire is because even God doesn't trust Brits in the dark."

I suppose George III was pretty harsh, his reign was rather short though, before Americans where fine under British rule.

How the fuck could the American colonists represent themselves? Travel was much longer then.

Lets not forget that British soldiers had the 'right' to just come into people home's and demand room and board. From what I was taught, it was this that was most offensive, and the presence of Brit troops made it undeniable to the colonists that they were very different culturally from the Brits, who were seeming more and more like an oppressive occupying force.

That's not how capital letters work!

>I don't understand.

Read Thomas Paine's Common Sense.

Nigga this was the late 1700s

The king isn't the figurehead of the state anymore, he doesn't have the social power to cuckold random couples

>241 years later
>Still butthurt over the Colonies

Stay Mad

>calling people retards.
>not knowing how to use capital letters.

Sure Leaf, sure it will.

the guys who sunk all the tea were equivalent to the modern college frat. in the eastern states there was an illegal tea rings that sold dutch tea and it made these guys lots of money, so the tiny tea tax that most people didn't care about hurt their business so they chipped out and sank the tea.

>not revolting against the Eternal ANGLO the destroyer of the western world
>for any reason
>whatsoever

Maybe some sort of local governing body with more authority over local matters. Maybe the use of the taxes collected in the colonies couldve been spent towards improving those colonies.

Only around 15% were actively supporting independence. Apparently it was a similar number in the Russian revolution

We were unfairly taxed without representation in parliament.

This

Plus the only reason it gathered steam with the plebs was because the founding fathers fomented religious strife. The tolerance by Britain towards the citizens of Quebec and therefore Catholics was one angle which helped them win over the common person.

That's the point. The king couldn't and didn't protect us. We didn't betray the monarchy, the British political class did, and then via parliament shit all over the colonists. When the colonists asked King George for help he sent them a letter telling them to go fuck themselves and saying he would hang everybody as a traitor.

I have nothing against monarchy, but what is even the point if your monarch can't protect you?

In all fairness the growth of the west and the Americas could've happened while you were still in the empire, considering the growth of Australia despite its export being crocodile dundee movies and arachnophobia.

RED PILL RED PILL
davekopel.org/2A/LawRev/american-revolution-against-british-gun-control.html

REAL CAUSE WAS GUN CONTROL

RED PILL RED PILL

1. There was.
2. The taxes existed for a specific purpose.

>when you got married the king got to fuck your wife on your wedding night before you did, because god told him he was better than everyone else

desu better than being burned alive by someone who was told by God they were better than everyone else

Like 90% of British people at the time you mean? Universal Suffrage didn't come along until the 20th century.

The "tea party" was orchestrated by smugglers who stood to lose out now that the British were regulating trade. Ironically, average Americans would have been better off under the "harsh" new taxes than they had been paying inflated prices to smugglers.

the tax on tea didn't matter, it was the tariff on other imports and the tax on paper. since all paper was taxed official gov. documents and death certificates were taxed as well and that made us chimp bc we couldn't have representation in parliament.

Oh yeah. G. Washington was an SJW. You sound like a fuckass. They were the real OGs. Fuck you you paid fucking shill

You're genuinely fucking stupid, dude. Is it that hard to read a Wikipedia article on the subject? The tea tax was just the tip of the iceberg, and it was the last straw after a litany of offenses. Stop playing dumb and acting like that was the sole reason we rebelled, and stop being butthurt over something that happened over 300 years ago. Fuck your gay empire, too. Ours is way better.

it was honestly some of the dumbest bullshit ever, and it was basically only supported by the rich tycoons who wanted more profit. Obviously, no regular person was effected by the 2% tax increase, they just got riled up by propaganda. I read that even at the peak of the revolution, only about 1/3 of colonists supported independence.

If anything the British were overly compromising. They overturned almost every tax proposal, even though they needed revenue after saving colonists asses in the French Indian War.

>i dont have any points, let me correct you on your grammar

You know what to do

>t. Muhammad Bubar

Yup, he was. You are brainwashed by your propaganda.

Rule Britannia.

>t. someone who thinks The Patriot is historically accurate

True, but youre forgetting the most important factor, that being - Fuck You.

How was he not an SJW? He was a nigger chimping out about perceived oppression.

It was supposed to be a gesture of friendship, you fucking assholes.

We were going to turn the Boston Harbor into one giant teacup. Then Colonists and British soldiers could all partake in a glorious, community tea time.

There was actually a number of other taxes as well.

Hey Dad, how's that Empire doing lately? :^)

You know you've won the argument when your grammar gets attacked.

>american insults

GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH

>so used to being a good goy and getting taxed so hard that the idea of a foreign state owning 2% of something that's your property isn't a problem

Work hard goyim, we need those refugees!

hows it feel to have immensely less freedom then us?

>only about 1/3 of colonists supported independence.

it was closer to half, but thats pretty good considering most people were drooling retards who could barely scratch an x in the dirt

The only claim I made was that the tea tax was not literally the sole reason we rebelled, which is objectively correct.

>we couldn't have representation in parliament
That was actually offered down the line, but the American's realised that it was a dumb idea to run a government by correspondence.

At the end of the day though only those who had several thousand dollars/pounds could vote in either country anyway.

he literally just said to read what the wiki page said, then said what the wiki page said.

I wasn't arguing with you, but I'd love to see a logical justification for your claim.

Britain is one of the freest countries in the world, and more free than the USA.

heritage.org/index/

Ayy fuck you too.

urban legend that never existed

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Droit_du_seigneur

>Actually thinking the revolutionary war was fought over tea taxes

It was fought over representation in Britain's Government and the higher taxation that the colonies were getting

They're not familiar with banter over there, or humour for that matter.

>it was closer to half

Probably, by the end at least. Having a bunch of soldiers marching around and demanding food and billet is one of the best ways to rally a population to common hatred of them.

>halp UK big frog army beats us
>OK
>murrica now help pay the soldiers that protected you with a small tax on tea
>*autistic screeching*
Literally retarded

It's literally the reason for the 3rd amendment. The only one that fucking no one ever argues over.

stop spamming this autistic painting, it's fucking cringeworthy especially how you've called it "lad". kys

>upper classes
There's your answer.

I hate British humor

let has nasi treed

start

>20
>make vision to long ventilative juice
>i inhale on him
>he runway
>i track
>he cant runway i am like gas in cloud he smell enough
>he slob ''what want''
>i respond ''currency''
>he receive pouch in a face
>i purse him on road
>transport travel
>tell ''help issue bond''
>sturmbannführer exit
>we bag the juice
>juice scream ''no goy''
>i sayed ''economy declined''
>remove his aurum
>get refrigeration with sturmbannführer
>stock day

image known

Let's not get into your countries issues shall we.

sure man

>because of taxes

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battles_of_Lexington_and_Concord

It was more about the symbolism of it you inbred retards. Nobody gave a fuck about the tax, it was the fact that posh cunts in london 4000 miles away were deciding the future of the americans and treating their society as a source of income, and the americans had no representation or say in the matter, it was more of a last straw.

>very different culturally from the Brits
I agree with everything you said except for this part. They were still incredibly similar culturally, it's just that no one likes having soldiers marching around in their homes. That's an issue of GOVERNMENT vs PEOPLE.

Something you American's have a lot of feelings about.

The Freemasons in the US wanted to have their own Grand Lodge, and not answer to the one in the UK. UK refused. So the American Freemasons rebelled, breaking the American colonies away from the UK so they could make their own Grand Lodge and not have to answer to the UK Freemasons any more.

Seriously, this is the entire reason for the US breaking away. All of the rabble rousers and traitors to the crown were middle ranked and high ranked Freemasons.

Freemasons teach this history in their lodges to their members as a sign of "past glories".

Remember, all costs in the US went up, and it became illegal to trade goods between the Brits and the Colonies thanks to the US rebellion.

1/3 of the colonists got behind the independent movement. Most of those thought it would be nice to have their own local king and that taxes and tariffs would go DOWN.

1/3 of the colonists wanted to stay with things as their were.

1/3 did not care, and just wanted to be left alone to go about their life. They didn't care who was in charge.

>my understanding of the American Revolution is based upon a Hollywood film featuring a 13th century British monarch

Taxes don't only affect the rich. Learn Economics - everyone pays the cost of taxation via inflation, debasement and devaluation of currency. Compulsory taxation is a grand theft unequaled by any mafia in history.

>start ww1
>get Germany blamed for it
>send Hitler
>Hans blamed again
Seems pretty mastertroll to me

What part of "without representation" isn't getting through your thin little anglo skull

>so brainwashed by propaganda and meme anecdotal knowledge of other countries that your brain rejects objective facts without even attempting to formulate a counter argument

Rothbard is a Jew, you idiot.

The American Revolution was a continuation of the English Civil War. The colonies naturally drew the kinds of Englishmen (and Europians at large) that supported common law and the individual liberties that were very much a part of English culture.

I could explain why you're stupid OP. But what's the point? This is a shitposting thread. I bet you're just using a proxy or aren't even British.

There were many reasons why they rebelled, granted Washington was a huge part of why the problems occurred.

But you want a simple one word reason why it happened? Shekels.

Oh look, the autistic jew worshiping ancap has arrived, abandon thread.

Indeed, can't take the shame or the blame for being the ones to fuck up Europe, not once but twice.

>Heritage Ranking
>objective
top kek

This is why people think NEETsocs are retarded.

>I can't refute any of the points he's making, so I'm going to scream "CHOSENIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITE!!!!!"