Why the H**L do American posters feel they have a right to complain about property prices when homes in the US are so...

Why the H**L do American posters feel they have a right to complain about property prices when homes in the US are so cheap? Honest question.

Pic related, in my country this would cost a minimum of $180,000 regardless of location.

Other urls found in this thread:

zillow.com/homedetails/822-Westborough-Rd-Knoxville-TN-37909/41665700_zpid/
zillow.com/homedetails/7904-Stratton-Dr-Knoxville-TN-37919/41677161_zpid/
zillow.com/homedetails/105-Merrie-Woode-Dr-Pittsburgh-PA-15235/11494478_zpid/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

> I finally realized that life in Europe is a scam
wew lad, welcome to the club

Deer Lodge MT Brit/user/

You can find cheap houses all over the US so long as you stay out of any big city or Democrat run areas.

Problem is that Democrats take control and immediately up the millage to pay for gibs
>millage = taxes

I had two rental properties in Austin TX (libtard central). First year both appraised at 100k and i was paying 2% per year. By the time I sold them the city had appraised them at 265k each and was paying close to 7%. Why? Katrina refugees were living in 5 star hotels and the city was paying for them after FEMA cut off funds. And each Katrina refugee got 1000$ gibs on a visa giftcard each month for "expenses". Sold them for 170k each and moved outta Austin to Dixie where I spent 33k and got 10 acres and 2 year old 3xwide 2800sq ft and 25$ year property taxes.

And many people who think right of center wanna live in the city, because maybe they have their job there etc.

Thanks.

Great, it's this thread again.

that thing is barely big enough to qualify as a garden shed. you really want to pay $25.000 to live in a literal cuck shed? in a fucking nigger neighborhood, surrounded by crack dens and gang turf?

oh look, the same fucking thread made by the same buttmad bong

dont you have more important shit to do?

Yeah but that house is in Montana. Have you ever been there, BritBong?

whats a montana

It has two bedrooms. In my country this would cost a minimum of $180,000. I'd love to live in this house.

This doesn't reflect reality for 99% of americans. Where I live you can't even get a condo for under $300k.

Montana has been confirmed as the whitest state in the US. It's where Kaczynski went to escape degeneracy. It's paradise on earth.

Why do I see this thread every day?

Before anybody starts talking ess haith eye tee about Deer Lodge, Montana, I invite you to take a look at this photo and find a single flaw. Just one. That's all I expect. One reason why a red-pilled alpha male ascetic cyberhermit would not want to live here.

>paradise on earth
Clearly you've never been to Montana lol

Have you been there?

I've just taken a google maps tour through various towns around Butte, Montana and to me it looks like heaven. Americans have NOTHING to complain about.

Yeah I lived there 5 years
>Butte
Lmao. Literally just a hole in the ground, worst city in Montana

Where did you live?

Outside Missoula in dem mountains

Why did you live there? How much did your house cost?

why do you have to post this everyday?

Mom got a job transfer, moved in 2007 so housing was up but our house was $350k for 3b 2bath. Probably 2000~ sq feet

970SQ? GTFO. Refinanced mine for $190k. 3bed/2.5 bath, 1650sq foot in based Seminole County Florida.

>~2000 sq feet

The average house in the UK is 278 square feet.

Fuck... Consider yourself lucky
Where I am a house like that sells for $350k
Canada cost of living sucks

That's cuz you guys live in row closets

>chinkpooper
Kek

this same exact thread has been made so many times by a britposter
are we all just repeating the same threads over and over again

Chinada is on easy mode too, I've proved this in numerous threads.

Unless you're in Hongcouver or Torento then you have it easy.

There's cheap housing all over. Good luck getting a good job nearby.

It completely depends on location

Compare to a similar house in San Francisco

Don't forget about all the other shit you have to pay for in burgerland, like healthcare and other insurances.

stop making this fucking thread you stupid bong. also (you)

Not the point, retard. In the UK house prices are astronomical even in shit-tier high-unemployment towns, and even in the middle of nowhere. The fact is, if you are autistic enough to post on Sup Forums you should be skilled enough to work from home. If you're just a normie who comes here for memes then you should be dumb enough for a trade job, which are in high-demand all over the country regardless of location.

I live on Vancouver Island
Believe me it's not easy a here.
We have a bad homeless and joblessness issue here. Everywhere is a tourist trap on the island and in the summer people get evicted.
Buying a house is out of the question for anyone that isn't in a trade.

lol there are no niggers in Montana

How much would this house cost in Yurope?

>5 beds 5.5 baths 5,136 sqft
>$465,000

>Unique home quietly nestled on almost two acres in the heart of Knoxville. This custom, post and beam construction home offers 4 bedrooms, 5.5 baths, swimming pool with summer kitchen, guest apartment, sports court and workshop.

zillow.com/homedetails/822-Westborough-Rd-Knoxville-TN-37909/41665700_zpid/

Please stop

Read my post you dumb gook. Everywhere outside of Hongcouver and Torento are cheap.

I should also add that any houses within the average Joe's price range is falling apart and requires more than the purchase price amount in repair or maintenance.
With a job market as flaky as ours and all the chinks and Hindus buying up all the good property you're left with shit to live in. Or you have to live way out of town where it costs you tons in gas to commute to work everyday.
In Victoria you'd have to pay $450k+ for a house like OP posted.

One termite infestation and your home is gone

Ok how about this one?

>$253,000
>5 beds 3 baths 2,547 sqft

>BEAUTIFULLY UPDATED HOME IN PRIME WEST KNOXVILLE LOCATION! Adorable move-in ready home that offers a wonderful floor plan including a spacious main living area with original hardwood floors and a cozy fireplace. Numerous updates throughout that include newly-remodeled kitchen (2015) w/ granite counter tops & updated appliances. Other features include 3 main level bedrooms and a large rec room/5th bedroom in the basement that provides great space for entertaining guests. Master bathroom could easily be expanded using space from the large master bedroom closet. Amazing outdoor living space with an 18 x 36 Gunite saltwater pool, 288 SF pool house with covered porch and a large fenced backyard. Excellent location that is within minutes of area schools and all major points in West Knoxville.

zillow.com/homedetails/7904-Stratton-Dr-Knoxville-TN-37919/41677161_zpid/

just another reason to move here. land of opportunity waitin u.

most average joes would be using a mortgage and most average mortgages have extensions you can apply for to finish repairs

That's because prices here are kept artificially high, by immigration. The reason for this is there is a much higher safe return on investment from property, than anything else. But to keep that rise more people need to be imported.
The houses built are mostly these days cinder block and brick clad, and not worth the price.

You are wrong
I live here. I had to house my retired parents for half a year at my house because they couldn't find anything that didn't require backbreaking maintenance for under $325k. The only time the price is affordable is when you're way out of town or the house is seconds from needing to be demoed.
Don't be such a Mohammed cum guzzler, user. You're not as well read as you think.

by the looks of it, it's none of that. at most you'd have to deal with your neighbor coming over to greet himself while shirtless.

How is there not a revolution going on in Canada right now?

The mortgages require large down payments now. Most people live paycheck to paycheck and can't save enough to get into the market, unfortunately.

>4 beds 5 baths 5,460 sqft
>$599,000

>A unique and private home on a spectacular piece of land just East of the City of Pittsburgh. Built in 1957 by architect Richard Righter, this hilltop home features deck spaces both shaded and sunny, open interiors and cozy nooks, a swimming pool and fabulous forested views. The gated driveway winds up a knoll onto the property and the home is seamlessly positioned into the trees and beautifully landscaped grounds. Four bedrooms with a massive master suite complete with his and hers sinks, a walk-in closet fit for royalty and a marble shower. The windows and views in the master bedroom are breathtaking. The dining room and living room, with adjoining deck, on the main floor are perfect for entertaining. The lower level features a large second living room with a second fireplace and a wet bar.

zillow.com/homedetails/105-Merrie-Woode-Dr-Pittsburgh-PA-15235/11494478_zpid/

People are complacent
They overlook the bullshit of our leadership until the other party points it out and they flip their vote.
Rinse
Repeat
The election system in Canada also sucks so much that your vote really doesn't count as much as you think, especially the further west you go.

Most people are struggling too hard to survive that there's no energy left to revolt...

where in Dixie? I'm in Austin and looking to gtfo. City is a crowded overpriced liberal mess.

There's many reasons why people prefer not to live in small towns.

Often small towns are owned by one family in particular.
This means the local city government, police, the court, the judge, the coroner, etc. are all in cahoots with each other and if they don't like you for whatever reason they'll make your life shitty.

Small towns are often the type of place you have to be born in to do well in. They aren't usually kind to outsiders unless you want to play by their book and aren't bringing to attention any of their faults.

Looks like a school

I distinctly remember this thread.
Why do you make it again?
Do you have an agenda here?

The joke about that image is that there's a store in Deer Lodge which seels "Discount Video", as in VHS-tapes.

You'll find out in due course, Hans.

Pro-tip:

In the UK land is exempt from tax, and gains on the value and onward sale of land is exempt from capital gains tax.

In fact it is one of the only tax bases not currently tapped into. Therefore, for people to store wealth, they buy land, wait for it to appreciate in value and then sell it on and pocket all the profit tax-free.

The way our economy is set up causes capital to be channelled into assets like land and removes it from the economy, causing the asset price bubble you see in the form of current house prices.

Capital that could otherwise be invested into businesses is locked up in land doing nothing apart from being used as a way for boomers to store wealth and continuously flip houses, whilst simultaneously locking millenials out of the market and creating wealth for themselves.

How can we resolve this?

(1) Council tax is to be paid by the owner rather than occupier of a property
(2) Capital gains tax on houses over a certain threshold
(3) Land taxes on any non-commercial residential property not owner-occupied

Literally overnight you would see capital pouring out of property and back into stocks and other slightly riskier but better for the economy investments.

Do you think boomers will ever relinquish this though?

Nope, so enjoy renting until you are 60 lad.

It all depends on where. Also that house looks like apiece if shit. I went with our realtor to see a house listed at 220k and it was rundown and shitty.

If you are somewhere people want to be the prices go up. If you want to live by white peoples the prices go up even more.

Every house where I am gets multiple offers the same day it goes on the market, well in excess of the listing price and it's very frustrating.

We have submitted offers on 3 homes all above asking price as we are still sitting in our rental, although it's in a posh neighborhood we couldn't afford to buy in.

I am onto your shit perfidious albion

Kek, I live in a 6 bedroom farm house, 2 bath, 3 barns, 1 machine shed, 2.5 car garage, and 13 acres.

I bought it on foreclosure for 60k, property and all. It's been appraised for ~75k

Why does modern architecture have to be so soulless and ugly? Looks like it was designed in minecraft desu

Yeah there's lots of video stores like that in small towns. Many older people over 60 all over the USA don't use the internet or a computer except if they have to at work.

I don't see the problem, taxes go up , rent gos up.

Too bad you sold those properties they are probably worth a million now. Topkek

Oh and I almost forgot a big one:

(4) Automatic levies on any foreign non-resident buying residential property and not intending to occupy it

Reading about costs in the UK has made me really sad. I never realized what "the American dream" is until learning of your hellish prospects; it's as though the only thing you have to look forward to is death. High taxes, fees, and higher cost of living, not even bringing up the impossiblity of asset accumulation. You're all stuck in this system that siphons off your wealth for whatever irresponsible usage by pudgy bureaucrats.

Open borders for our English cousins, a cabin in the woods or a suburban lawn for the whole lot

Fuck off, we're full.

Judging by the design, it's "inspired" by Frank Lloyd Wright, but it clearly misses the mark.

How do you work out if they're hiccuping it or not?

They could stick a maid in there and have her listed as a co-occupant.

where? this is what I want to do

It's true. I know someone who built their own house and had to pay $18,000 in fees that go toward low income housing. It's not a mansion or anything either. WTF is that?

Any ethnic Europeans that want to come here should be allowed to join us without voting rights for the first 5 years.

As someone who lived in both Europe and the US, you cannot compare the two. That house would barely count as shed in Germany (not with regards to its size but to its quality).

>because you don't have a monopoly on things to bitch about you can't bitch at at all!
the prices in Britain aren't the worst in the world so why did you make this post?

Actually, it depends. In France, you can have mansions for 100.000 euros. The problem is they are in the middle of nowhere, and the electricity & fees are too high so nobody wants to buy them even with a very low price.

>all ethnic Europeans move here
>annex Canada
>we start the race war
>genocide the natives again and take the blacks with them
>lebenstraum to Panama
>white people paradise in the greatest country to ever exist

Thanks American poster. Things are horrible here.

Pic related is the house my cousin just bought as his first house. He's 32 and has been working full-time for ten years now, and guess how much this house cost him? £145,000. One bedroom and the bathroom needed to be reinstalled, as did the kitchen.

Thing is, Blue States are where people want to live so homes are only cheap in worthless red states.

Lol what kinda bumfuck town is that???

Central Illinois.

Shit's dirt cheap, the only place with niggers are Springfield and Decatur.

Be prepared to pay a shitload for the most fertile soil in the USA, though. Piatt, Macon, East Sangamon, and Christian Counties are incredibly fertile. It costs $12000-15000/sq acre anymore.

However you can buy a 4 bed farm house with a 2 car garage on ~1 acre of non-farmland and be surrounded by fields with your nearest neighbor a half mile away at the closest for ~60k. Foreclosure is usually around 20-30.

I think the Brits have a much more centralized school funding system so they don't realize the taxation system we have that segregates school districts.

Easier way would be to monitor their entry / exits into the UK by linking up with the Border Agency, and see how often they are actually in the UK.

Similar thing is done in determining if someone is domiciled here or abroad for tax purposes.

It would be pretty hard to argue a property is intended to be owner occupied if the owner is barely ever in the UK.

Let's post this again and again.

Shit a house that cheap in one of the most beautiful states in the whole country?

Sign me the fuck up.

Don't forget Rantoul and part of Danville
Champaign ere and decent, could probably go to Arcola and get a decent place on the cheap side

Property is cheap there.

I was looking at land, there was around 30-40 acres for ~32k. It was undeveloped, no neighbors, and had a nice creek with woodland in the back.

You have to have a 4x4 when it rains/winter unless you want to spend a lot of money on steam and pavement. Even then you're not leaving when it snows unless you have a 4x4.

I'm probably going to do something like that next spring. I just have to hope my truck can make it there.

Hey OP you absolute faggot. Get good (Or poor).
This house would probably cost about 125% more in every other god damn province. But Nova Scotia is a shithole so we have 10 grand Company houses from 1886 for sale all the time for the Natives to live in.

Rantoul sucks. I lived there for two years, worst place I've ever lived. Except the chinese place there was great.

Fisher and surrounding Rantoul areas probably aren't too bad, just keep along 45.

What part are you from?

Good to know. I have Missouri, Arkansas and Indiana on the radar hadn't considered Illinois a little afraid of taxes and crazy gun laws.

>a right to complain

Europeans are all crabs.

Nah, just stay south of 80. The gun laws here aren't terrible. Just have to get a stupid FOID card then you can buy what ever you want that's not NFA(soon to change).

Downstate IL is cheap, but everyone here hates it. I would go with Missouri or rural Indiana. IL does have a fuckton of cool history behind it, though.

That looks like hell. I work in an office with plenty of Brits, they always seem to miss London or some such nonsense; but they are well received in the Northeast. Comparable humor, behavior, and generally are considered competent; most importantly they will admit fault and rectify errors which continental Europeans never seem to do

Also this

I'm surprised you don't have some sort of government agency that repopulate NS and NB with frogs to make Acadia French again. How are the Quebecois not decrying this as discrimination?

>council tax paid by property owners
price of rent would increase by the council tax paid by the owners and so on

i dont think it would work mate the problem is with the current value of money - it is just not worth as much as it used to be back in the days

Savoy, not that bad.
But yeah, knew some peeps who live up in Rantoul, used to be a good area b4 all those nig nogs were bussed on down from the south side. Last time I was there (3 or 4 months ago) saw a couple of niggers by the pool

But it's a wooden piece of shit

How did the Britbongs immigrate to US? Any stories? Did they just work in a US based company and requested a transfer to a US branch?

We (Illinois) would be red without chicago.
It kinda sux, but at the same time it's not that bad in central il

Literally none of you have anything to complain about kek. My house is in a tiny run down city (mostly white tho so that's nice) over 2 hours from any real city. My 4 bedroom house cost 210,000. In any real urban area you can easily double that for this house. Our currency is basically monopoly money. Yes my nation is a meme.

Rantoul went to hell once Chanute was shut down. I worked at Lincoln's Challenge for awhile.

I've had a few friends in Savoy while they were going to school. Not a terrible area.

I'm from the outskirts of Decatur, myself. The town is getting better, but the loss of Firestone and CAT layoffs is really hurting.