Redpill me on Ronald Reagan, /pol. Why do liberals hate him and compare to Trump?

Redpill me on Ronald Reagan, /pol. Why do liberals hate him and compare to Trump?

All i know about Reagan is that he played huge role in destroying USSR and is a good guy.

I keep seeing liberals bashing him everywhere

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/1yYfX5pp_7I
thirdworldtraveler.com/Ronald_Reagan/Ronald_Reagan_Myth.html
youtube.com/watch?v=imjL8dfJVkA
youtube.com/watch?v=o6O3rKQfCF0
members.shaw.ca/jeanaltemeyer/drbob/TheAuthoritarians.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=wpVvgNs8tqI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

bumping with random pics

bumb :DDDDD

Liberals will bash anyone who is not a liberal, and even some liberal bashing is common lately

Reagan was an OK president, he had A LOT of effect speeches but in practice he did NOTHING on the welfare state, in fact he increased it. You can fairly say he was a phony, but a decent president nonetheless, he also gave birth to Bush father, which is his greatest failure IMO

bump :DDDDDD

>Why do liberals hate him
Because liberals are communists and he helped destroy the biggest communist country

>Because liberals are communists

How so? USSR was against gay rights and liberal bullshit

this

and this

and this..

and this...

and a little this

because the dems for some reason are scared shitless of this

and this....

and this.....

>All i know about Reagan is that he played huge role in destroying USSR and is a good guy.
Wrong. It was already collapsing internally by the time he took office. Their domestic affairs were far more important than his arms race money-making scam or Brezynski's stupid quagmire.

IT all began with him and the Evangelical Christian Right.

youtu.be/1yYfX5pp_7I

>Ronald "ban the machine guns" Reagan
Fuck this nigga

I meant this... I could g all morning, but I'm sure you get the drift.

Reagan was trying to befriend Russia. It's basically how the cold war ended. Every President after him with the exception of Trump, has tried to start it again.
Hitlary would have already started a hot one if she won, and we'd all be dead right now.

Reagan destroyed this country for the long haul most of the shit we are dealing with now is him and nixons fault

You think they care? They're the biggest hypocrites on the planet. They go protest for environmental protection, and ruin the land they're protesting on. Fight for human rights, and think it's fine to abort babies. Fight for woman and gay rights, and support muslims that murder gays and oppress women. Think it's good to eat organic "all natural" food and do drugs all the time. Claim to hate fascism and support a larger more oppressive government. Claim they love diversity and everyone it equal, yet make sure they draw the lines dividing everyone on race and religion. They're literally retards that don't even know what they want.

>USSR was against gay rights and liberal bullshit
So are muslims but liberals love them. Nothing liberals do makes any sense.

First day on Sup Forums?

He wasnt good, this asshole gave amesty to 2 million beaners then they started flooding the country

Reagan was the least "politician" candidate we've had until Trump

This. Good post. Fuck I hate liberals

He was a very nice charming guy who was lucky enough to preside over a period of prosperity in the US and economic collapse in the Soviet Union. However, the guy himself was a retard, he had no personal knowledge or even interest in policy or the activities of his subordinates, he'd just delegate shit to whoever sounded like they knew what they were talking about. It was particularly bad because his election was a realignment that created a new establishment, and unlike people like Johnson or FDR he was such a negligent shit that the establishment that sprung up was one of technocrats and plutocrats in both parties fucking everyone over and differing only in which sides they took in trivial wedge issues.

Most of the abysmal state of the modern US/west - millions of legalised mexicans keeping the west coast automatically blue, christfags and open borders/markets traitors overrunning the republican party, free trade deals destroying american industry and fucking over american workers, and starting the trend of the military/intelligence establishment picking massively destructive fights around the world for no good reason - is the legacy that resulted from him being a small-minded negligent shit.

Underrated and bang on point!

Jackson*, not Johnson, sorry

He changed the dynamic of the tax code...his huge tax cuts, mostly on the upper brackets, caused significant growth but also coincide with a shrinking middle class. The tax dynamic that allowed for the prosperity of the middle class of the 50s-70s was uprooted, it seems permanently. Also, these tax cuts coincide with our out-of-control debt, even tho liberals get blamed for that constantly. I am a liberal and dont hate on Reagan - I think he did what was right for the time, maybe went a little too far. After those years of growth, we shouldve reinstated those high tax brackets for huge incomes, and we prolly wouldnt have the same problems we have today with a shrinking middle class and massive wealth inequality.

Also, his saber rattling with USSR, I think was very scary at the time. He eventually scaled back on that, but in the earlier years it seemed dangerously close to a direct confrontation between 2 nuclear armed superpowers

Something-something Reaganomics

I have mixed feelings; I don't like his neocon economic policies, but he also pacified the USSR and helped end the cold war.

>gave illegal beaners an invasion licence
>/pol discusses anything else about him

Literally like a Jew praising Hilter for building the Autobahn.

How long has Trump been doing politics? 2 years?

THE ABSOLUTE MADMAN DID IT!

Tsk Tsk tsk. Don't you know taxation is theft? Also Reagan's tax plan is not the reason for that bologna. It's his negligence if the welfare state, allowing it to fester. If millionares had increased taxes, mortgages would skyrocket and the suburbs would turn to ghost towns. If someone earns 70000 times as much money as you they don't own 70000 cars, that money is elsewhere providing people with loans and maintaining buisnesses.

Because Reagan saved the GOP from becoming an irrelevant party of cucks.

The GOP was more or less fucked into being the minority party after the Great Depression, and a good part of it has always wanted to be the lick-spittle "ME TOO!" party.

Nixon scared them, but Watergate seemed to trash the GOP's ascendancy. It was like the beginning of the Obama administration.

Then Reagan came along and won the presidency. And NOBODY wanted him to win, not the party, not the elite's in DC, and definitely not the Democrats.

Reagan was compromised because he had to have Bush as his VP, but he basically gave the country 20 years of breathing room.

liberals don't hate him, republicans kind of circle jerk to him though. He was a populist president, pretty bad ass. His wife paid for daily astrology sessions with a mystic, but that that's forgivable since she wasn't important. He thought trickle down economics was good which is pretty retarded and he didn't do much good for the middle class but under his presidency USA was just fine.

The same reason they hate Trump.
Reagan was an actor turned unstoppable winner.
Trump is a TV personality business mogul turned unstoppable winner.

Liberals are threatened by anyone who isn't a broke ass shitskin with no options and no pride.

Quality post m8

>If millionares had increased taxes, mortgages would skyrocket and the suburbs would turn to ghost towns.
But millionaires were taxed at up to 90% rates in times when the economy and particularly the middle class thrived
Look, I hate paying taxes as much as the next guy, but I also want military protection, law and order, highways, a working justice system, etc etc. Someone needs to pay for it, and I think the rich folks are the ones that can afford it the most

People forget that while the recession was bad, what was really making things bad was inflation.

Keynesian economics which is the bread and butter of the left couldn't fix the inflation problem. Volcker in tandem with Reagan did.

Inflation is like a double-tax on the poor.

Quality post

I hate hypocrites. They're the epitome of the word.

>Reagan was compromised because he had to have Bush as his VP, but he basically gave the country 20 years of breathing room.
By granting illegals invasion licence, he engineered the demographic problem the US is currently facing.

Liberals have no idea what they're even saying when they bash Reagan.

Reagan offered amnesty to illegals and oversaw an assault weapons ban.

They never have any idea what they're saying. They just follow each other around, yelling whatever the others are yelling

Not much really to talk about he was a president like ages ago. seriously we can't let drump near the nuclear codes.

Dude, it was bad in the late 70s. People thought the Soviets were going to win the Cold War, pretty much until the middle of the Reagan administration. We were on "the wrong side of history".

Even then, nobody thought a collapse was going to happen.

The amnesty was retarded, and he pushed through divorce laws that inevitably fucked up America too, but basically everyone thought the US was going to turn into present day Greece at the time.

He dun goofed on a lot of shit, but he did a lot that gave the country some extra time.

Trump needs to just purge his administration of the shithead Neocons which got in the way so many times.

>amnesty
Stop using that euphemism,

A bank robber/kidnapper releases the hostage and gives back the loot and it's agreed not to prosecute = amnesty

A bank robber/kidnapper keeps the loot and still has the hostage tied up in his basement and it's agreed not to prosecute = robbery/kidnapping licence

Reagan was a shill. Reaganomics was a failure, only one one of its 4 'pillars' was enacted. Go youtube what Charlotte Eserbyt has to say about Reagan's Education Policy - then look where we are at today - and say he wasnt a puppet.

Did we win the Cold War? Some Russian theorists claimed the US could not survive without the Cold War. Nowadays, the US is imploding from a massive Credit Bubble while our Banking overlords are helping Russia/China set up their SDRs and letting them convert Yuan/Gold/Oil while dumping those US treasuries we forced them to buy.

You say the US won.

I say the Banks won.

RIP Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler.

So in your own personal opinion who do you think was the Last "American" President?

Banned guns and opened the free trade can of worms.

Ronald Reagan, the creator of Blacked . com
He started working in adult industry in 2005 with his childhood friend, Mike Adriano. Adriano worked in real estate and Lansky in French TV production. They used his listings to shoot their first adult movie called Slut Diaries featuring Steve Holmes. They attended the Venus Faire in Berlin later that year and sold their first film. There he was introduced to Scott Taylor, who was the owner of New Sensations .

In 2006, Lansky was given a directorial contract. Lansky went on to direct many titles for New Sensations/Digital Sin until 2007. In 2007, Lansky opened his production company and began directing and producing for web-based adult network Reality Kings. Lansky stopped working for Reality Kings in 2014 to concentrate on creating his own company, Blacked.

In June 2015, Lansky launched another adult website, Tushy. That year Tushy won best new imprint at the 2016 AVN Awards and won the most awards of the night with Being Riley totaling 9 wins.

In 2016 he launched his third adult website, Vixen. The following year Vixen won best marketing campaign and best new imprint at the 2017 AVN awards.[4] His acceptance speech for the 2017 AVN Director of the year was appreciated by numerous adult performers and gained mainstream attention and wide range support on social media.

>this is why (((they hate))) him

"An amiable dunce
Clark Clifford (former Defense Secretary)

thirdworldtraveler.com/Ronald_Reagan/Ronald_Reagan_Myth.html

Nixon

Liberals don't hate him.

Anyways, my two cents: it's odd how conservatives hate Hollywood elites yet their favorite president in history was instead of fighting in WW2 made propaganda fluff films about WW2. It's a fascinating contradiction. Also, he was elected by a political move the rnc made with Iranian terrorists who held US citizens and embassy workers hostage for over a year. Traitors, all of them.

there's too much.

youtube.com/watch?v=imjL8dfJVkA

youtube.com/watch?v=o6O3rKQfCF0

I'm probably going to steal/reuse this post at least once so apologies ahead of time and thanks for making such an excellent post

the western world was really worried that moron would start a nuclear war with that star wars program

That's pretty comfy user

Quality post m8, explained the hypocrites ideology very well.

dumb down
trickle down
union busting
nafta

The Good
>Helped bankrupt the USSR
>People in the Mid-East feared him
>Was probably a genuinely nice guy.

The Bad
>Almost bankrupted the US bankrupting the USSR
>Fucking amnesty to a bunch of illegals
>Didn't know his fucking crew was helping cartels and drug pushers.
>Lost him mind in the final year of work

Not the best president and is often over-romanticized.

almost tippled the debt
savings and loans ripoff
treason iran contra
death squads

he handed over monetary policy to the markets

trace the economic decline of the middle class, all the charts take off after Reagan, it all started with Reagan and his war on FDR's New Deal that empowered the working class

>>Helped bankrupt the USSR
bs he made it last longer because the hardliners came into favor when reagan started sounding insane

>>People in the Mid-East feared him
the whole civilized world feared him because they thought he would start a nuclear war

Liberals hate "white man" administrations.

GOP always has cool scandals like from Tom Clancy and John Le Carre.

The pussies don't like badasses.

Look at Flynn. Gets in trouble for trying to steer the world in a certain direction... not acting out of self-interest but some ideal.

Oliver North took the fall for trying to play World Chess.

better do what I say or I might kill everyone

wingnut leadership

republicans are like the worst kind of 3rd world dictatorships

and they think of themselves as smart and morally superior

(((ukrainian))) flag

I'm white

I just don't wanna join your club of narcissistic bullies and halfwits

He was literally the first President in US average Russians knew and respected sibxe maybe J. K.
Ironic, isn't it?

yeah sure

and now they're free, right?

>I just don't wanna join your club of narcissistic bullies and halfwits

And yet you identify with the left, am I right?

(((Free)))
Well, it's a lot better in terms of freedoms and opportunities than it was during the USSR.
Not for your average factory worker or a teacher though.

you're either with us or against us?

if that's what it means not to be a bootlicking moron than yes

I was pointing out your hypocrisy, retard.

>hurr durr bootlicker

it's so wonderful over there that the ppl are backing putin because they think the us is so dangerous

same with iran backing the mullahs

what hypocrisy?

stalin was yout fault. you killed 30 million russians. you should pay reparations

Jodie Foster is a jewish psyop

>a narcissistic halfwit can't recognize when he's being hypocritical

Exactly.

Only two kinds of people hated Reagan: faggots and communists.

The Authoritarians by Bob Altemeyer
University of Manitoba

Whole Book (PDF version 1.35Mb)
members.shaw.ca/jeanaltemeyer/drbob/TheAuthoritarians.pdf

biggest database in the world on the study of authoritarianism
world leader on the subject

now would be a good time to read it if you wanna understand trump and republicans in general

Just got into an argument with someone who said conservatives have never been "on the right side of history" so I pointed out Reagen and the fight against communism (a left wing ideology) as a counter example. Faggot was all like "Bu... bu... but the MaCarthy hearings!"

Reagan was President when the "Washington Consensus" was initiated.

This is when the rot that led to the International Financial Crisis started.

You're right. You should go pepper spray some women and burn down a Starbucks.

Reagan was Hollywood elite who stayed out of the war by acting like he was in them for shekels.

The liberals played him like a fiddle. Promised immigration reform, border security AFTER he did an amnesty, and the dumb old actor believed them. So he single handedly handed them California because of the amnesty

if nothing else the last 2 sentences on pg 139 to the first 2 on pg 141

Imagine trump giving a speech like this, liberals would go full SJW mode calling him a warmonger

youtube.com/watch?v=wpVvgNs8tqI

No one cares, fag.

The party of Eisenhower must rise again.

you will when that shithouse fire really starts roaring

no, you're right, you'll just blame someone else like you always do

you yourself will remain completely clueless about what went wrong

That was farm boy Jimmy Carter, not Reagan

Eyes are wet. Like watching the end of Gladiator or Braveheart.
This man knew how to talk to people. If Trump is #1 it's only because President Reagan passed him the gold medal

the reason iraq went bad and the vietnam war was lost was because was because the left are traitors and terrorist sympathizers, and weren't willing to kill everyone like the morally superior pro life christians