Do you have any valid arguments for going to study in college in 2017...

Do you have any valid arguments for going to study in college in 2017? You could get all the information you want freely available now. Assume it's sth like humanities, not a field where you must have certification like engineering.

No

Going to college was the worst mistake I've ever made in my life. Literally

You answered your own question. Colleges have pieces of paper stating that I have paid them enough money and those pieces of paper are required entry from pretty much anything in the STEM fields.

Also, skilled trades have college training components.

Not every college is dedicated to arts.

It's pretty much impossible to get a decent job without having a degree jew.

Yes, I need a bachelors degree to move to the US. I won't have debt by the time I'm done though.

This

The paper they give you is a mark of proven competence in that field of study.

Either go to college with a degree proven to make money and in need for the foreseeable future or go to a trade school.

I wouldn't learn to drive a truck. Trucking is in demand now, but 10 years from now it will be self driving trucks.

Honestly not finishing school is my biggest regret. 2 years no associates degree. FAIL

University is a test. The test is how soon you figure out that everyone is lying to you about life.

I failed badly. Might still do okay.

NOPE. Every year they produce an even shittier and less prepared generation of "graduates" and yet it becomes more and more expensive.

Try 50 years on the automation bub.
Construction zones
All weather
City driving
One off deliveries you take dirt roads 20 miles off the highway
Tarping
Keeping load secure in transit(federal law)
Chaining tires
Basic maintenance
Etc

Pic is my truck and my 2016 w2

But here the candidate with the humanities degree will always get the job instead of the one without.

Get diploma so I can get ez officer or above rank in millitary and retire when im 35 or 40.

>proven competence
Unless you are getting a doctorate (and sometimes not even then), that is a lie. Competence comes from actual work in industry, not from just regular school crap that you forget half of over the summer.
t. ME major

nah, if you mean humanities and similar subjects, then no. Better teach yourself - academically those fields are poisoned by ideologically biased professors who wouldn't know how to discuss & research topics scientifically if science personified and hit them in the face...

>Go to college after HS because told to and everyone else does it like a good goy
>no clue what I want to do
>like writing so major in English because lol
>realize I have no long term goals a few semesters in
>don't want to fall back on just being a teacher because I can't think of anything else
>drop out
>come back after a year
>literally fucking everything has changed
>have to transfer because uni doesn't offer the new major I want
>drop in teaching quality, rest of required classes are highschool tier
>also now everyone has mandatory attendance for some reason despite putting notes online making the lectures where they read the PowerPoint entirely void

yes, i can't open psychoanalytic studio without psych degree

If you want to become a professor and flush out all the commies and otherwise crazy leftists in tenure then you should study humanities in college

Actually he's correct. Without a degree, you have no way to prove your skills, and college shows you are capable of doing hard work.

>in my prime I'd be getting me that booty

Greenberg is right. Why pay a shit ton of money for knowledge when you learn so much more after College, and everything is at your sausagetips with the internetz.

I can't practice medicine without going to school, so.

It looks good on a resume for a really shitty job. Means you're that desperate.

Would trade school be a better choice? I've already got my Associate's and I'm not sure if I should go on to get a Bachelor's.

Better to start a degree in your twenties when you have a clue what life is like and what you actually want from your job than when you are a 17-18 year old clueless kid.

THAT is why people fuck up with degrees. They fall for the idea of "you must get into university as fast as possible" and end up in debt with a liberal arts degree because it looked fun - when they realise "oh shit I wish I was in a medical field".

>graduate
>look for job
>all jobs require experience

so you settle for an unpaid internship while also working a minimum wage part time job in your free time.

That's so true. If I only had a bar of gold every time I saw someone regrets what he studied...

>If I only had a bar of gold every time I saw someone regrets what he studied...

University/college is literally a big meme but if you want a job in certain fields you would have to do it
It can easily brainwash tons of kids as well because most kids who start college/university straight from HS/college are usually politically illiterate idiot normies who just want to engage in degenerate activities.
I myself could not stand the thought of going to university
>forced to live with normies (who you'll probably hate) in dorms
>forced to see SJW leftist bullshit
Also, any girl who goes/has gone to university is 99.9999% likely to be more degenerate than you're average thot.

leave it to basement dwellers to not understand the real power you get in universities: connections. Yes you can learn just as much as a NEET by self-studying (you won't), but you won't have the network university graduates have, which is what ACTUALLY matters to get a job. When employers put jobs up on indeed and other sites, they usually already have someone in mind for the job and put the posting up as a courtesy to act like nepotism isn't involved.

Of course if you are an autist who sucks at socializing (like me) it won't really matter if you go to uni or not.

>You could get all the information you want freely available now
this is what Sup Forums flunkies actually believe

>I myself could not stand the thought of going to university
So I guess you're a real expert on this subject then

the only valid argument I can think of is hands on practice on non computer based majors
and for computer related majors somethings like getting taught by a teacher you can have assignments that were used in real world scenarios
no argument exists for things like art

I believe that you can finish it. Have you tried CLEP exams? They can save a lot of time and money.

Renaming celebrities via greentexting literary devices should be a meme.

>Emma Stone
>Gem Stone
>Gemma Stone
>Give a dog a bone
>Gemma Bone

Its not hard to find an entry level job without a degree, but you will vary rarely get promoted without one. In science or business professions, a degree is absolutely a requirement for management positions.

Just go to a decent state school all 4 years.
Pick a fucking degree that is NOT english, psychology, arts, history or sociology. Tons of people get those and they are basically worthless degrees, its not rocket science. It doesn't HAVE to be stem; Accounting, Chemistry, Marketing and engineering are safe bets, but almost anything else is worth getting.

Community college is trash, sure its cheaper, but no guarantee your credits will transfer, and better networking at real universities. NETWORK NETWORK NETWORK. Get internships as early as possible.

While you're at University, go out to parties, meet attractive women, and marry one just after graduation. All the good women get taken by 25.

Just get your degree quickly and have fun while you do it. Don't take any time off. Good luck Sup Forumslacks hope you learn from my college mistakes.