/DSP/ - Deep State Preparedness

If you aren't training RIGHT FUCKING now for urban bugout, wilderness survival, communicating with other anons to form resistance/buddy networks, weapons training, fitness, foraging, martial arts, and general SHTF preparedness, you're going to be a casualty. Anything you think you might or might not do in reaction to war, coups, or economic collapse, is going to depend entirely on how you prepare yourself today. Do you want to be helpless, or do you want to be the man with the plan when the SHTF?

>Share stories, links, and info to help your fellow anons get started.

Other urls found in this thread:

themindunleashed.com/2014/04/start-1-acre-self-sustaining-homestead.html
youtube.com/watch?v=3cQNkIrg-Tk&ab_channel=HankJrOfficial
youtube.com/channel/UCAL3JXZSzSm8AlZyD3nQdBA
myfamilysurvivalplan.com/15-essential-crops-to-have-in-your-survival-garden/
amagicalplace.wikia.com/wiki/Sticky
healthy-holistic-living.com/garden-hacks.html?t=MAM
asheepnomore.net/2014/03/03/37-awesome-survivalprepping-hacks/
ted.com/talks/marcin_jakubowski
youtube.com/watch?v=G3UHQtgbCbo
youtube.com/watch?v=B-lEGxEuZ0g
youtu.be/e5nfrehyWDM
amazon.com/Mechanical-Fishers-Fishing-Reels-Trigger/dp/B00AM4K6K8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1487156404&sr=8-1&keywords=yo-yo fishing reels
youtube.com/watch?v=RdpC4uOQmaA
youtu.be/mkU1SJ4dNV0
youtu.be/nRbrhm5fRuo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

How will that happen, most people on /pol don't even leave their moms basement

bump

>Fiskars plastic shit

Get a real hatchet.

bump

I've been getting ready for a good while and it's a starting to speed up here in Canada now. It may be quite soon

How To Start A 1-Acre, Self-Sustaining Homestead
themindunleashed.com/2014/04/start-1-acre-self-sustaining-homestead.html

This, buy a real axe from sweden not the finnish crap.

>youtube.com/watch?v=3cQNkIrg-Tk&ab_channel=HankJrOfficial

Primitive Technology

youtube.com/channel/UCAL3JXZSzSm8AlZyD3nQdBA

15 Essential Crops To Have In Your Survival Garden
myfamilysurvivalplan.com/15-essential-crops-to-have-in-your-survival-garden/

OP if that's your bug out bag contents you might as well use one of the knives to slit your own throat now, seriously, 'cause you won't make it a week.

From /k/ with love

amagicalplace.wikia.com/wiki/Sticky

I've got my one man innawoods camping kit, I just need to grab some rice and peanut butter and I'm good to go

10 Garden Hacks That Will Transform Your Backyard
healthy-holistic-living.com/garden-hacks.html?t=MAM

what the fuck would you need an e-tool for in an urban environment? gonna dig yourself a foxhole in the concrete?

37 Awesome Survival/Prepping Hacks
asheepnomore.net/2014/03/03/37-awesome-survivalprepping-hacks/

>Survival Skills
Bitch I have guns, I'll take what I need.

Open-sourced blueprints for civilization
ted.com/talks/marcin_jakubowski

I don't even carry an axe anymore. Haven't needed one since I got an ontario RD6. I just baton all the firewood I need, and make shelter with saplings. If I needed to build a cabin I'd use an axe, but that's extra weight for the purposes of emergency bugout.

>It's a "Sup Forums realizes that porky elite wasn't your friend" episode
Communism is the best option.

>porky
your memes are gay; we appropriated them and made them funny tho

>walkie talkies
>no one to give 2nd one to

It's a lone wolf kind of feel

Yeah, unless you have a solar charger, they're a short use item anyway. Maybe useful at first tho.

>shovel AND hatchet
Get the cold steel spetsnaz shovel, use that as a hatchet. Ditch the crappy bayonet and get a good knife.

>Get the cold steel spetsnaz shovel
I'll check it out
>Ditch the crappy bayonet and get a good knife.
I did:

>I'll check it out
youtube.com/watch?v=G3UHQtgbCbo
3:20

>cold steel product that isn't a meme

We really must be living in an alternate timeline

It comes sharpened, or that's a mod?

So does everyone else, fuckwit. You forget where you live?

>Glock knife
>Ditch the crappy bayonet

>It comes sharpened, or that's a mod?
It comes with an edge.
youtube.com/watch?v=B-lEGxEuZ0g

I don't even have one but i've looked at a lot of reviews and i haven't seen any one shitting on it yet. Seems like a cheap and solid piece of gear with best price to value of all these shovels. I like the screws so that you can just use your multitool to replace the handle. Going to buy one later.

You need to know more than how to shoot. Do you know how to:
>build shelter with various available supplies?
>find edibles
>move through urban environment without detection
>make fire in heavy snowpack without drowing it
>filter water without water filters or tablets
>land navigate
>hike without walking into ambush spots
>travel alone vs travel with backup
>hunt, skin, make jerky
>make bannocks out of different ingredients
>emergency medicine
>small scale primitive farming
There's a lot more than just having a gun that matters.

youtu.be/e5nfrehyWDM

Has anyone here tried using a yoyo fishing reel? They look really useful in my personal view, but I can't help but feel that they'd break rather quickly.

I've done handline and spear fishing before, but never seen a yoyo reel. Is it like a fancier version of the handreel?

I used to have a USGI Amews folder, but the lug in the hinge snapped. Apparently that's common. Not sure if people stick cheap replacements in the used ones before reselling or what. I prefer simpler, lighter stuff. Wood handles can be replaced easily, metal parts cannot.

amazon.com/Mechanical-Fishers-Fishing-Reels-Trigger/dp/B00AM4K6K8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1487156404&sr=8-1&keywords=yo-yo fishing reels

Essentially, it's a spring powered fishing reel that automatically reels fish/small game in after you set it up. I've seen a bunch of videos on the things, but I can't help but feel it's a meme for some odd reason.

woah, that sounds cool. Curious now if it's what they advertise.

>I prefer simpler, lighter stuff. Wood handles can be replaced easily, metal parts cannot.
Yeah same here, wood is light and can be replaced easily. The folding function is just another point that can break and it really isn't that important since you just strap it to your pack anyway. The weight is more important and the wooden handle ones win at that.

I got this in my car and i don't think i'll ever brake it but it weighs so much that i would never take it with me on a walk anyway. Just a waste of energy to lug that around, but if you want a rugged folder then it is going to be heavy.

looks durable but heavy, yeah

youtube.com/watch?v=RdpC4uOQmaA

It's illegal to use in some states, but I thought that in a SHTF scenario, I wouldn't care too much about the law anyway.

>build shelter with various available supplies?
yep
>find edibles
yep
>move through urban environment without detection
nope
>make fire in heavy snowpack without drowing it
n/a
>filter water without water filters or tablets
yep
>land navigate
sorta
>hike without walking into ambush spots
nope
>travel alone vs travel with backup
I have the lone wanderer perk
>hunt, skin, make jerky
yep
>make bannocks out of different ingredients
a what?
>emergency medicine
Haven't a fucking clue
>small scale primitive farming
yep

>I have the lone wanderer perk
lol nice
>wuts bannocks
a gift from god
youtu.be/mkU1SJ4dNV0
>no medicine skills
That's the biggest gap in your skillset, I'd focus on it.

Also, friendly reminder to NEVER cauterize a wound. You're better off gambling on your wound to stop clotting. When you cauterize your wound, you create an area that is immunocompromised, and allows a specific bacteria called pseudomonas aeruginosa to grow.

Pseudomonas is the most badass bacteria in human history. It's immune to almost all antibiotics, and capable of using any carbon molecule that will ever come into existence.

As in, this stuff can grow on distilled water.

If you cauterize a wound, you give it a perfect environment for that to grow, which is almost a 100 percent chance of death. Remember this. It could save your life some day.

Any fellow califags here in/near sf Bay Area that want to get some contingency plans in place. Or range time/general shipostibg irl. Own my own house. Perfect vantage point/ defensive positions from dindu looters

>Essentially, it's a spring powered fishing reel that automatically reels fish/small game in after you set it up
I've seen those, looks pretty cool desu. You can make your own spring traps out of sticks and cordage (look for videos online) but that takes time, a few of these will probably be great if you don't want to spend hours in setting everything up.

Just regular mouse traps have some potential to. Aside from catching birds and rodents you can use them as a sensitive easy to set up trigger system from larger traps or with some ammo to make alarms around your camp.

>looks durable but heavy, yeah
If its old surplus made for a western army with conscription you can generally trust it to be durable.

>It's immune to almost all antibiotics
speaking of which, everyone should learn a bit about fish antibiotics for SHTF

youtu.be/nRbrhm5fRuo

If anybody's interested, I can also give them a few quick tips on treating heavy metal poisoning and how to get started on a home lab for microbiology

I am interested, yes pls

>It's a 'they think they can survive the collapse of society with a water canteen, a shovel and a knife episode' on Sup Forums

You fuckers are hilarious. At least go over to /k/ to see half respectable BoB's, not this edgy teenager shit.

So why did they burn that guys arm after cutting it off in day of the dead?

i made two posts on water filtration with found items, three posts on my knife, axe options, and we discussed the spetnaz shovel-axe. Please read the fucking thread, you potato nigger fuck.

Alright, I'll start with heavy metal poisoning. Heavy metal poisoning is actually quite simple to treat, and treatment doesn't have any real side effects aside from anemia, and that's if you're wrong in your diagnosis.

Treatment is intravenous EDTA, which can be bought on Amazon as a lab reagent(20 bucks for a container of the stuff). EDTA works by binding to metal ions in your blood and allowing your kidneys to filter them out. Also, the powder can be mixed with your water if you fear heavy metal poisoning. Only issue is that EDTA also binds to iron and all the other shit that you want in water. As long as you don't abuse the stuff, you'll be fine.

Because fuck you, that's why.

What are some obvious symptoms of heavy metal poisoning
>inb4 Dethklok gifs

As for a homemade microbiology lab, get a large plastic box. Now layer the inside with tin foil, cut a hole, and insert a lamp in the hole. You now have an incubator. Now for the cool stuff.

First off is agar. Agar is that gelatin stuff you see on all the TV shows that have science. It's produced from seaweed, but you can just buy the stuff online. It makes great growth media because it's clear and most bacteria can't consume it very well.

Mix agar powder with hot water and standard growth media, and you'll be able to begin working to isolate bacteria

If shit hits the fan I'd rather open up a women's bunker and fuck myself to death

If you feel numbness in your limbs, sick, vomiting, or you notice your mind is working slower than usual/not as effectively.

dumpster diving, breaking glass, making stashes, digging firepits, burying shit so it doesn't advertise "SOME FAGGOT IS LIVING HERE". You'd be surprised.

are there foods you mostly get it from? Or is it just water that gets contaminated?

Contaminated water's usually the source. In a SHTF scenario, water quality is going to drop, so it's better safe than sorry.

Almost forgot, the EDTA can also help slow down progression of an infection if you don't have antibiotics on hand. All bacteria need iron to survive, and the EDTA will steal the iron from your body to deny bacteria from getting it.

>In a SHTF scenario, water quality is going to drop
that's one of my biggest fears. when i was working in central asia i got dysentery once. No wonder entire armies used to die from that shit, its vicious. Heavy metals are probably going to be everyhere if there was a happening. Once cleanup and disposal services are gone, everything toxic is going to get into everything. I'm terrified of water-borne contaminants. Scares me more than anything, just because of how much you rely on water.

Agar is a polycarbohydrate(gal-gal), you can make related results with corn powder and water, also you need Petri dishes, tints (vegetal oils), ethanol/lugol and a microscope.

I'm not really expecting anybody here to learn microscopy or how to stain cells. Just being able to identify different commonly found bacteria would be immense help to survival. For example, the difference between an S. aureus and E. coli, or Strep.

Also, you're going to need hydrogen peroxide for testing for isolation.

I'm curious to know how much contamination you'd have to deal with, without access to autoclaves, etc. You're going to collect a fuckton of fauna living in the rough for long periods.

>All bacteria need iron to survive
Yes, but you can't control this variable. Iron atoms are present in a fuckton of molecules not only in HgB. Iron is hard to isolate even with magnetic filters.

There are so much Catalase+ bacteria that this technique is useless.

I was assuming a good steam cooker would have the same effect.
True, but during times of infection, your body will also actively work to hide iron, such as hiding it in the liver or in the intestines, where the bacteria can't reach it.

Live in small village (100 men, 150 women at max) 23 miles from nearest town

90% of the men go to the boxing ring

Four roads in to the town.

We have trees ready to cut down and abandoned cars and three old buses to block roads in out/in shtf

Wooden Shaks on the hills as look outs

Yeah, but the main pathogenic gram + bacteria include streptococcus, staphylococcus, and micrococcus. If you keep a bottle of KOH on hand, you can test if something is gram +. From there, the catalase test could help identify which genus a bacteria is.

I don't have the neetbux to do all that stuff, even though I want to

Your kit needs one of these too. if anyone asks what it's about you can just fucking leave right now.

Doesn't that mean you want niggers to diddle you?

>communicating with other anons to form resistance/buddy networks
>telling complete strangers what you own and where you're hiding it
shiggy

>user, user, user
>Do Not Answer, Do Not Answer, Do Not Answer
>Location XXX is Safe/Danger/Trump(friendlies)/Hillary(enemies)

What more,lingo can we go for?

>telling complete strangers what you own
tell em you own one of these

or i can show them my secret boys club tattoo to prove that I'm one of them :)

You need andonized aluminum cookware. It's light and can hold up to high heat. Amazon for like $20 bucks.

Change that shit
Use the UV5R+

The filters in the regular UV5R are crap and don't change, they fixed it in the + version.

I got mine.

Ah, I'll put one together soon. Buy some survival manual cause I'm too lazy to read and memorize a bunch of shit, some emergency food and maybe a gun. Should be good. Honestly, you should be able to survive with no preparation because no matter how prepared you are, it won't last.

Also sharpen the shovel if it is high carbon steel. It will make digging in cold easier and can be used as a defensive weapon.

What's with the sudden influx of "deep state" discussion on Sup Forums for the last 5-6 hours? We used to call it "jews" or "(((them)))", and now suddenly a lot of people are creating threads calling it "deep state", like they've never browsed Sup Forums before and don't know our lingo. Moreover, they get triggered after asking this question and respond with "fuck off newfag lurk more :^(((( even if "deep state" has almost never been mentioned here.

Are we getting raided by some place again or something?

But think of how cool you'd feel roaming the Apocalypse and you met a friend and you just actually had a walkie talkie to hand him and say: keep in touch.

rope made me kek

WW3+Civil War in USA incoming

>What's with the sudden influx of "deep state" discussion on Sup Forums for the last 5-6 hours?
It's creepy to hear a never-trumper confirm it exists instead of calling people who talk about it "conspiracy theorists"

This. It's one thing to talk about (((them))) on a marble trading forum, it's another when someone big not only confirms it exists, but also that he (and I assume many other globalist) prefer it to Trump.

He was signalling that he knew Flynn was the victim of a soft-coup within the intelligence community. He's letting his enemies know he's in the loop with the people that can take heads. He's probably also trying to make Trump supporter's paranoid. I don't consider paranoia a sin though, so I take it at face value.