Why the FRICK do American posters feel they have a right to complain about property prices when homes in the US are so...

Why the FRICK do American posters feel they have a right to complain about property prices when homes in the US are so cheap?

Pic related, in my country this would cost a minimum of $180,000 regardless of location.

Other urls found in this thread:

pitchfork.com/features/rising/8689-grimes/
calgary.ctvnews.ca/visible-minority-population-on-the-rise-1.490593
zillow.com/homedetails/745-Bird-St-Oroville-CA-95965/18225388_zpid/
zillow.com/homedetails/113-Greystone-Dr-Oak-Ridge-TN-37830/42035763_zpid/
zillow.com/homedetails/988-W-Outer-Dr-Oak-Ridge-TN-37830/42033929_zpid/
gatestoneinstitute.org/6550/sweden-islam-multiculturalism
recreationland.net/recreation_land_for_sale/ontario/Hunting_Land_and_Large_Acreage_For_Sale/File_9-__Nice_Highway_Frontage/index.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>180,000
LMAO, would maybe buy you a shit studio apartment in Sydney.

>Sydney

Could you be more autistic? I swear down you post this in every single thread. We get it! Sydney is expensive! But guess what. Nobody is stopping you from moving to Dubbo, or Wagga Wagga, or Port Augusta, or any of the fine smaller cities and large towns Australia has to offer. Your fixation on Sydney isn't healthy!

He has probably never lived elsewhere. It's all he knows.

It's like Torontonians and Montrealers. They think they're the center of the fucking world.

Exactly, not to mention Hongcoovians. Montreal however is dirt cheap, and anybody living there who complains about house prices should neck themselves asap.

When did houseposting become a thing. Who are the shills behind it and what is their end game? Identical threads on house prices every day

As a Montrealer living in Toronto, I disagree. They are about equivalent at the end of the day.

What people don't factor in is that utilities aren't part of your rent and things like food/gas/etc are much more expensive.

Also, paying taxes in Quebec sucks dick. You have to file the federal and provincial taxes separately, whereas the rest of the country just pays it to the federal and the provincial is done on the backend. Way fucking easier.

Obviously this question would be asked by someone from Ireland, where property is among the cheapest in Europe. I've added you to my block list, so don't bother replying.

Where the fuck is uniontown philadelphia?
You non americans think all of USA is san francisco and new york.
Also
>my country
Houses are just as cheap in rural areas in your country just like everyone else.

Golly what a lovly house!

>As a Montrealer living in Toronto

*tips fedora*

Unfortunately for you the facts are in my favour. Take these words from Grimes:

>"Now, I'm working on music all the time. It's not like I really need a job, because everything is super cheap in Montreal."

pitchfork.com/features/rising/8689-grimes/

In my town that would cost around $1 million

Which town normie?

> britbong
> copy pasta
> new house

Keep it original

Arcadia, ca

Here in southern California, that would be at least high 300 thousand

>Ctrl+F "Toronto"
>No results

So if I found someone from LA saying "everything is so cheap here!", you'd believe that too over someone who has lived in both places and can give you a real comparison?

I live in the US and that house would cost over $200k where I live. It's that cheap because it's in a shit area and is most likely in a huge state of disrepair. This is like seeing an ad for a 1992 Dodge Neon for $400 on craigslist and asking why people complain that cars are so expensive.

Stop making this dumb thread over and over, it's stupid.

>lives in Los Angeles

Of course house prices are expensive there. You live in normie central. Disgusting.

I agreed that Torento is expensive, as is Hongcouver. However the rest of Canada (a huge country, by the way) is cheap as chips.

My motto for years has been the following:

"If a Canadian doesn't own his own home by the age of 25, he should end his life immediately"

>arcadia
> normie central

Yeah ok

>FRICK
hello SammyClassicSonicFan

>living in California
There's your problem.

>shit area

Uniontown is one of the proudest cities in the (former) industrial heartland of southern Pennsylvania. Its proud history is evident as are the conservative values of its largely white population.

>wanting to live in 100+ degree heat every day
>wanting to live near a bunch of tanned jocks and stacies
>wanting to live within driving distance of most of the world's celebrities
>wanting to live in a 75%+ Democrat area

I love on Long Island that house would likely cost you like >400k

Pride has no effect on property value

You know what I'd do if you were in front of me right now? I'd punch you in the g*****n face! Why? Pic related.

I find it interesting. And it's pol relevant -- if globalization continues, diaspora incoming.

You're missing the point: Both Montreal and Toronto cost about the same to live in at the end of the day.

And you'd be a fool to buy a home in Canada right now. Wait until the market crashes and THEN buy a home.

Either way, there is not A SINGLE PLACE in the UK where such a marvellous and magnificent home would be sold as such a price. If there was I would move there immediately even if meant I had to work 50 hours a week at a nursing home.

>You're missing the point: Both Montreal and Toronto cost about the same to live in at the end of the day.

Link me ONE interview with a contemporary Canadian musician who claims Toronto is "super cheap". Just one.

>"The report shows that in 20 years, about 30% of Canadians will be visible minorities and in Toronto and Vancouver, about two thirds of the population will be non-white."

calgary.ctvnews.ca/visible-minority-population-on-the-rise-1.490593

OP, I'd shine your cock any day of the week ;)

>3000 by 2000 miles
because you don't use real measurements, let me tell you

that's a lot of fucking ground.

You guys are the size of a state. Don't compare San Francisco to Uniontown

Dude, it's just a normal house. Made form wood. probably needs a lot of work doing. Also, area could be shit-tier, or even deserted.
What are the local amenities? Plans for the area? Does it fucking flood, or suffer some other seasonal disaffectation?

Golly, what a lovely house!

This triggers the yuropoor

>2 beds 1 bath 935 sqft
>$115,000

>Downtown Charmer...... This home is located in the downtown area of Oroville close to the River and shopping. The home has hardwood floors, fenced front and back yard and a detached garage. This could make a great rental if you are looking for extra income.

zillow.com/homedetails/745-Bird-St-Oroville-CA-95965/18225388_zpid/

>contemporary Canadian musician

I really don't understand why that very specific source is the only one you'll trust.

>marvellous and magnificent home
Are you kidding? I guarantee you that house is a pile of trash and is only being sold for the value of the land that it is sitting on. The only people who are going to buy that are ones that are going to rip the house down and buy a new one. Houses on the market for this little money are usually unlivable without extensive amounts of money put into repairs.

If where you live a house like this would be considered "marvelous" or "magnificent" than you need to live somewhere else.

>DUDE CHILL OUT, BRO DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT, ANOTHER FIFTY YEARS AND YOU'LL BE ABLE TO AFFORD THAT SINGLE-BEDROOM TERRACE IN BOLTON BRO, JUST B URSELF :)

It's a magnificent house in an area that receives a lot of rain. You ask about the local area as if it matters, as if houses are somehow cheap even in the most shit-tier, muslim-infested regions of Britain. My mate Darren is at uni right now in Birmingham and he spends 560 quid a month on rent to live in a tiny single spare room of a family of Muslims and they even offered to lower the rent if he agreed to convert. The UK is hellish. We are in hell.

>100+
Usually 70-80, better than grey skies
> living near jocks stacy's
Hardly see any
> celebrities
Ultra rarely see any
>75% Democrat
I'll give you that one

Low crime, great schools, only beaners are gardeners, rich white & Asian qt's, so I can't really complain

Hmm, point taken.

Case closed, Kevin. Exactly what I thought. Smoke and mirrors until the facts hit home. You are living life on easy mode my Canuck correspondent. Chinada is a paradise on earth.

Fake. Seen this for 3 days straight. Saged.

>buy a new one
I meant "build" a new one

> I guarantee you that house is a pile of trash
>Houses on the market for this little money are usually unlivable without extensive amounts of money put into repairs.

Pic related is on auction in a shit-tier part of the UK, and needs "extensive renovation"

You don't travel much britbong? Your country's middle class would be considered very rich in America. There is no way you can affort a home by 25 unless you have parental support. They're about 8 times your salary if you went to college, which would imply you would have started to work at 23 at the earliest.

How much would this house cost in your country?

>4 beds 3 baths 3,460 sqft
>$219,000

>LOTS OF NEW IN THIS SPACIOUS 4BR HOME. Beautiful new hardwoods, kitchen remodel offers new flooring, tile backsplash, paint & lighting...new dishwasher & stove too! New master bath updates boasts gorgeous countertop, sink, faucets, lights & ceramic tile... new interior paint & deck staining too! Come see all the changes to this large & lovable brick colonial home back by wooded privacy! Close to Oak Ridge Country Club with its 18 hole golf course, tennis courts, pool & club house & beautiful wooded neighborhood. This home offers great living spaces, 4 BR, 2.5 BA, formal living & dining areas, spacious family room w/fireplace & gorgeous remodeled kitchen w/sunny breakfast area. Large rec room downstairs, office, amazing covered/screened porch and storage/workshop. New energy efficien

zillow.com/homedetails/113-Greystone-Dr-Oak-Ridge-TN-37830/42035763_zpid/

aaaand it's made of wood

go ahead, buy it mate

Dude the house is falling apart. It's probably not even possible to fix. You'd have to knock it down and build a new one. You may even be under obligation to do so depending on zoning laws.

Britain is a small country without many towns full of teardowns like this. Deal with it.

WHY THE FUCK IS THIS SLIDE THREAD POPPING UP EVERYDAY? FUCK YOU CREW/CTR/DAVIDBROCK COCKSUCKERS.

sage

Just move somewhere you can afford you fucking retards. Stop posting this off-topic shit on Sup Forums.

>Brits buy houses without seeing the inside first or checking the community
I remember a story about a guy duped into buying a cheap house in Detroit and being willing to trade it for a phone since no one wanted to buy.

>it's made of water

Bog off shitaly

>4 beds 3 baths 3,292 sqft
>$225,000

>This home was built for entertaining. Located on West Outer Drive in Oak Ridge, this large basement ranch offers 4 BR and 3 BA with the master on main. A spacious eat in kitchen includes all appliances with gas cooktop range, built in wall oven, refrigerator, dishwasher and loads of counter and cabinet space. The main family room is centered around a gas fireplace with beautiful views of the exterior deck and private wooded backyard. The trek deck is ideal for entertaining large groups, cookouts, and enjoying the privacy of nature in your backyard. Downstairs are two separate rec rooms. The Media Rm and components will remain. The Cafe' offers a second kitchen, wet bar, and 50's style booths that remain. Easily convert this area into a separate living quarters. Updated and move in ready.

zillow.com/homedetails/988-W-Outer-Dr-Oak-Ridge-TN-37830/42033929_zpid/

>"Swedes' Homes May Be Confiscated to Accommodate Asylum Seekers"

gatestoneinstitute.org/6550/sweden-islam-multiculturalism

Umm maybe you should actually look into wood Luigi

My house is plaster and wood and over 100 years old. Pretty good shape. Easy to keep up a house when you're not getting bombed every half century.

Wow your minimum wage is 3 times over ours and you have to pay 3 times as much for things? We should raise our minimum wage too!

wtf this cost the most 15 000 in capitol 8-9k in subs

The average wage in the US is much higher than the UK, normie. Taxes are higher here too.

In all honesty if you own your own place whether its rent or mortgage, have a stable job, have money leftover for entertainment and not in debt you're doing better than over fifty percent of Millennials

198 acres - $75 000 CND (57 000usd or 54 000 euros)

Is this a pic for chinks?

i'm too retarded to blow it up for u
recreationland.net/recreation_land_for_sale/ontario/Hunting_Land_and_Large_Acreage_For_Sale/File_9-__Nice_Highway_Frontage/index.html

Haha, dude. If you ever go to Northern Brampton, it's pretty hilarious. You have people who move here from India and have so much money from their jobs they don't know what to do with... until they find out how much they have to pay in taxes. So you have streets of people living in almost completely unfurnished McMansions driving 14 year old cars held together with 2x4's and screws (seriously).

You have a lot more socialized benefit with the tax too whether it be bad or not. However uk median income is about half us median. Less people to tax than here, less land, less gdp volume.

Your taxes for property aren't rolled into an escrow for a mortgage? They typically are here and income is taken from pay checks. How do you not plan for taxes?

That website is very poorly presented.

You can buy the ENTIRE ISLAND in pic related (Helmslow Island) for just 30,000 Canadian dollars, which is just 18,000 pounds.

Absolutely taking the p**s

It's very much on topic, Sven. Lots of us might be forced to relocate for politically incorrect reasons. That may even include your good self one day.

>uniontown

Hmmm

Any other Americans want to try (and fail) to defend this? Because I'm waiting and I'm armed to the teeth with facts, statistics and zillow links.

We're talking about people who don't even realize they need drivers licenses/car insurance. "It's just a piece of paper!".

Funny story: Brampton has the highest failure rate for driving tests in the country. It's so bad that people here pay hundreds of dollars to be bused over to areas which, due to legal fuckery, need to reach a certain pass percentage, coach them on the streets in the area, etc.

In my class, there was a Sikh guy who was telling another immigrant that the trick is to bribe the guy who makes your passport and other documents back in your home country to put your age as a few years older so that you get retirement benefits sooner. He didn't understand why I and the Filipino guy next to me were so pissed.

Cut the bullshit bong. This post has been spammed for the past week. Why are you doing this?

>Any other Americans want to try (and fail) to defend this?
Our ancestors fought and died for this land

Until you learn your lesson and admit that you are living life on Easy Mode, this thread will continue to shame you and discourage you from complaining about the fact that you live in a literal paradise on Earth.

ya that site is shit, the point is its cheap up north and no building codes(meh freedoms). That island is cheap because of its a pain in the ass to get out thr and build, the one I posted has 2000 ft front on the trans Canada and 20 mins from Kirkland lake. I want somthg like this for a cottage /hunting but if I wanted to live thr its about 15 k to bring the power line into the property, I don't thk that wld even be possible with that island

golly, what a lovely post

eat shit

Just because the rest of the world is more fucked than we are does not mean we should be satisfied
This goes back to the revolution

By extensive renovation I mean replacement of all the plumbing, or of all the electrical wiring, or has a failing foundation that requires underpinning, or has structural damage from water/termites.

Houses like this are cheap to buy, but nobody wants to buy them because you have to dump a ton of cash into them for them to be livable. Or they end up having $800/month electrical bills due to extremely poor insulation. Like I said earlier, it's like buying a really cheap used car with hundreds of thousands of miles on it. Sure, it doesn't cost shit to buy, but it's going to keep on costing you money as long as you own it.

because he's a faggot autist

I wish the mods would actually do their jobs

More power to you Canuckbro, I hope you realize your dream. A piece of land that size in the UK would take me several lifetimes to afford.

We are used tp paying taxes like that in the US.
Federal taxes, then the State tax, than the local tax.

If you live in City A, but work in City B, you have to file taxes with both cities.

That's a lot of assumptions for a house you know nothing about.

How about this one, on fabulous Long Island:

A family is living there AS WE SPEAK. They are LITERALLY IN THAT HOUSE NOW with their own pet dog (see pic) and are living a comfy, easy-mode life in one of the finest areas of the US.

every time.

jesus fucking christ nigger fuck the fuck off no one cares your mom and bull are struggling to pay rent. kys

There's shit like that around here as well, but most of them are under some kind of wildlife or forest conservation protection and you can't actually build on them.

But up there, chances are it's cheap just because it's in the middle of nowhere.

Golly, what a lovely house!

I'm talking about houses like this, in general. I work in the residential remodeling field and I see houses like this all the time. They might look okay in the pictures but under close inspection they're terrible. There is a reason they are being sold for so little.

>A family is living there AS WE SPEAK.
And? Ive seen people living in houses with no electricity, or broken plumbing, or leaking roofs because they don't have the money to live anywhere else. Just because someone's living in it doesn't mean it's not a shitty house.

>Uniontown PA

I know people there who have never been further away than Pittaburgh. A quiet life in the country would be ideal but that place is nothing but a mess of empty roads and the highway.

>A quiet life in the country would be ideal but that place is nothing but a mess of empty roads and the highway.

Welcome to Scotland, Wales, and the North of England

>if you own your own place whether its rent or mortgage

How is renting a house 'owning' it?

>literal paradise
>other countries make fun of us for being horrible
Be fucking consistent you dumbasses

And at $49,900, I think it's still too expensive.
Shit, I could buy a brick house with that same sq footage in my area for that price.

Brick is pretty bad too, senpai.

>How much would this house cost in your country?

$350.000 - $800.000

t. germanfag

So a no name city is cheap, but Sydney a well known city has more expensive homes. Try this same tactic with houses anywhere near NYC you'll find that prices jump wildly to where that house is worth 200k+. Or with Los Angeles or a city that isn't dirt poor. Stop strawmanning.

In terms of house prices, women, scenery, accent, letter man jackets, red plastic disposable cups, lying on your roof with a qt named Shannon who wants nothing more than to squeeze your hand and make-out, cinema, music, going to post-punk shows with your bi-polar cousin, road width, suburb comfiness, fashion, seasonal extreme, cultural variation, sitting on the peeling white bleachers with a girl who just transferred from some obscure midwestern town who smiles and says "oh, would you!" when you offer to show her around town, coming-of-age movies etc, it's paradise on earth.

In terms of racial demographics, it isn't.

Make sense?

Doesn't look like $180,000 to me

WRONG. I LITERALLY DEFEATED THIS ARGUMENT ALREADY

Oh. My. God.