Should I become a truck driver

Don't tell me self-driving trucks. I don't fucking care. When that becomes the industry norm I'll find something else to do.

I think truck driving is great for me because I am lazy as fuck and fucking HATE menial jobs and working too hard. I am a lazy pathetic piece of shit and I feel like this is my best way to contribute to society regardless. I believe I would enjoy the solitude, listening to audio books and podcasts, sports, music, etc.

If you have other suggestions feel free to make said suggestions. I am a lazy depressed fuck who has always been a procrastinating piece of shit and it is a miracle I graduated college with my work ethic and time management skills. I don't want to be a neet but I don't want to work hard. Pathetic, I kno, but I know myself and I know I will never change because it was always this way.

It's gonna suck giving up weed but frankly I smoked a lot less this past year and It didn't do much for me. Could I take something like Kava and be fine or would that show up on the drug test?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_A10kfaRQHs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Kill some europeans while you're at it, since I hate muslims

wut? This is a large national trucking company that guarentees you a job after youc omplete their training

Everything the recruiter tells you over the phone is bullshit. I got a shit trainer with a company and almost had to pay for the tuition until it was realized my trainer wasn't doing their job. Know what you're getting into.

Do you want to do over the road or local?
Dry van? Flatbed? Refrigerator unit?
How much by miles? Can you work in a team?
Do you want to drive automatic or manual trans?

It's okay, I'm still thinking of going for it again as I'm 30 and working shit job myself.

Thread theme:

youtube.com/watch?v=_A10kfaRQHs

>automatic

prolly over the road

I guess i could work as a team, but I'd rather not and make more money and have some rando yahoo next to me

>Dry van? Flatbed? Refrigerator unit?
I have no idea, but the smaller one that is easier to drive

>Don't tell me self-driving trucks. I don't fucking care. When that becomes the industry norm I'll find something else to do.

you literally only have a few years before all trucks will be fully automated. It's a waste of time to learn that "skillset"

take his advice about doing your research about the schools and such
Lots of scams and fly by nights out there so beware

what part of i don't fucking care do you not understand faggot

Yes, I believe CR England will actually train you to drive an automatic trans truck. For some people 10 gears and not grinding can be a pain in the ass so they give you that option, other companies no. Dry vans are the easiest, flatbeds are the most dangerous because you have to get on top and tarp/tie down cargo, very physically demanding.

CR England is one of the largest and most reputable and has been around since 1920 so I trust them. They aren't scammers they need drivers and may even pay for the school, which only takes 17 days

fuck that im a weak manlet

Agreed on CR England

I say do it, try it out. If you don't like OTR driving, well, now you have your CDL
You can get a local driving gig
or you can get a passenger endorsement and drive a bus
There's lots of avenues to go down

Not for cr England, go for a company that pays more

You didn't specify that you were mentally retarded, my bad.

>pothead
>obnoxious cunt
Like pottery

Lol i'm 5'7'' and 135 lbs and passed the physical for flatbedding. Do dry van then, you just have to make sure the axles aren't overloaded by moving the tandems when going into different states.

thanks

i don't really care, starting out. This seems like the easiest move to make to begin

be like me and get a hospital security job.
I make $14 an hour doing fuck all and occasionally wrangling a tard once a month.
on overnight shifts i do literally nothing but watch anime or play emulators on my phone for 8 hours straight.

Yes, but not with C.R England or any fucking dry van or reefer outfit, they all suck. HMU. I train truck drivers and I can answer your questions.

[email protected]

Just don't murder prostitutes, rest trucking seems like a cool Job

Youre thinking of swift. They also have an offer where they give you a truck and you work to pay it off over a few years.

Truckers always tell me that SWIFT has the worst drivers in the industry. Total disasters waiting to happen
SWIFT: See What I Fucked up Today

i wasn't thinking of that, but they are the other option when taking the easy route

For the love of god, op. If you sign on with swift, cr england, or crst you are going to have a bad time. USA Truck, US Express, Covenant, TMC, Schneider even would be much better choices. The reason those companies have such short training is because their attrition rates are through the roof. People either quit because the pay sucks, or wreck in their first months because they weren't taught any better.

Screaming while I fish tail.
Sure wish I finished training.
Sure, we're insured for that.

>Having to crawl around in the snow to chain up your drives.

>Laying under your trailer with a hammer to beat on locked up brakes.

>If hauling liquids, sand, cement your have to hook up your own hoses and operate your trailers pump or blower PTO when delivering product.

OK user.

>thanks, ill look into this

that sounds terrible. I'd like to avoid that. I live in California though

And give flatbed a second look. Most flatbedders get home every weekend, or wherever you want to go. I'm going to be at TX nuggetfest this weekend, for example. The money is a lot better too. I make about twice what I made driving reefer. The work is not as hard as people make it out to be if you are not stupid and don't sabotage yourself.

Most truck drivers don't get local jobs starting out. You with throughout the country in all weather. Also...

>Driving tandem with filthy Africans or Russians.

>Share sleeper with them and piss in jugs or bottles together.

> Rarely bathing and eating awful food.

Can't say I have experienced any of that myself. The company I work for is regional, I go home every weekend, and I dont piss in bottles and eat crap. I can get a free shower every day if I want one, too. A lot of this sounds self-inflicted by bad decision making.

Depends on the work you do. Any of the long haul companies discussed in this thread will have your traveling throughout the country and under pressure to make deadlines. Often during training they have your tandem with an experienced driver and some will want you to tandem so there's no downtime on their tractor. Driving regionally is OK but can pay less and most regional jobs require experience you get from driving long haul first.