Do you think computers will ruin Generation Z?

Do you think computers will ruin Generation Z?

>drains dopamine at early age
>therefore depression in early teens
>therefore suicide before 20

I mean technology is truly ridiculous now. What kid plays outside these days? The parks are empty.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=85rcd5hq2ds
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

bump explain yourselves

I think many of the youngest members of Generation Z dont know how to use a computer.

A big chunk of them are attached exclusively to their phones, and the rest use their phones along with a tablet/video game console. Few are using computers, and its actually dumbing them down.

If you use Windows 10 you need to use some thinking skills to find stuff, solve problems, etc...

However phones like the iPhone and tablets like the iPad are made to be as user friendly as possible. You really don't need to figure anything out to use them.

The younger generation right now will be the first generation more technologically illiterate than the generation before it.

Parks are empty because they've been over run with heroin dealers/junkies.

In 10 years home desktop and laptop computers will be obsolete

Gen Z will be brainwashed by phones.

Generation Z grew up with uncensored internet access, which made them a lot more right-wing than us (the older generations)

I thought the opposite would happen

isnt Sup Forums the only place on the internet where right-wingers can discuss? so unless they are all on here I dont see how they are learning the truth

>uncensored internet

You mean propaganda. You realize leftists will figure out memetics one day too?

Gen Z is already using them. They aren't redpilled either. They listen to rap music, talk like niggers, act like degenerates. Politically, they are more conservative but socially, they are just like millennials.

>if you use windows 10 you need thinking skills

lmao

>If you use Windows 10 you need to use some thinking skills to find stuff, solve problems, etc...

kek you should have seen DOS or Unix newfriend

Yeah, back then you needed to learn a lot to use a computer. Now with an iPad you need to learn almost nothing.

indeed, the lack of GUI kept the normies out of computers. Ever since Gates released windows 95 computers went rediculously mainstream and effectively downhill from there

This is why my childs first computer will use gentoo

With Windows 95 you still needed to learn stuff. Problem solving was inevitable. Even today Windows 10 is not easily picked up by older generations new to computers. However, tablets, especially Apple products, are pretty easily picked up by everyone, even people who would be considered technologically illiterate. An old person can pick up an iPad and be comfortable starting up apps very quickly. The OS design is just too good for that purpose.

For the first time I think we will have a situation where the average old person will have to help the average young person figure out their technology, a total reverse.

I've worked in a school and many teachers told me pretty much what you said.

Kids starting secondary school (around age 12) and also older increasingly not knowing basic computing tasks like using a word processor (not even getting started on Excel), making a basic presentation, even just using a file browser (iOS doesn't have one) and understanding the file hierarchy, folders, drag 'n' drop etc., sending an e-mail with an attachment.

Computer skills at a lower level than 20 years ago when many kids didn't have one a at home, unfortunately schools got rid of a lot of computer classes (figuring everyone already knew that stuff by themselves), now the teachers are saying those need to come back again.

Source on any of the bullshit you're spouting?

Oh, that's right, Sup Forumstards don't need facts, confirmation bias and feelings is all you need

War on drugs has imprisoned drug users and dealers, try agian

It doesn't even have to be about discussion. It's just really the fact that anyone can place whatever the fuck they want (generally speaking) and the ridiculing of SJW's of the recent years really made a large turnaround. People used to grow up being reliant on MSM to know what's happening in the world, no longer.

They've been trying for ages to connect to youth and have always failed. They try with memes as well and all they end up doing is making an even larger embarrassment out of themselves. Leftists can't into jokes.

>older increasingly not knowing

Stopped reading

ok

>drains dopamine

damn youre right they probably use it all before they reach adulthood

>>drains dopamine
>damn youre right they probably use it all before they reach adulthood

As we all know the dopamine reservoir tank can run low, amirite?

>What kid plays outside these days? The parks are empty.
I've seen the opposite lately. They see the bullshit and began to return outside.

Thats why If I have theoretical children (Im not ever having kids) then I wouldnt tell them about computers or phones until they are in maybe 5th grade

I dont know if its possible to stop them from using internet once they get a taste of the endless fun

Bring back gun play

>drained dopamine

Well we maybe depressed robots but as an older gen z person, I can tell ya emotions stop to matter at a point.

Having no emotion what so ever has given me a very objective view of the world.

Gen z will be robots but they'll be pure on the truth (unless they're brainwashed by liberals and they purge conservative thoughts)

The downward spiral began when shit started coming packaged on tapes.

Pre tapeloaders i had to copy raw hex into an interpreter (then later BASIC) and the code provided never just "worked" out the gate, back in the early 80s it took an entire day of debugging to get shit done.
You where encouraged to build upon and tinker with code.
Then Bam tapeloaders and suddenly everyone and their dog had a "microcomputer" and simply had to load stuff.

The 80s is when the user lost control and the computer became the smarter of the two.

I dont know I use Zoloft to keep me emotionless but I remember before getting on meds my depression made me so delusional

If I wasnt forced to be on meds I prob would have never taken them on my own and probably turn out insane

Dunno why anyone would choose a tablet over a laptop tbqhfam

Desktops will always exist because of enthusiasts. Muh games isn't going to disappear just because kids use tablets.

Silly Mexican intellectual, you don't run low on dopamine. When your brain is filled with a constant stream of dopamine, those receivers will be able to receive less and less to the point you'll never feel "quite right" again.

Basically he's saying we'll have a similar "chase the dragon" thing going that heroine addicts have.

Hell I'm probably legally insane but eh I don't have the balls to do anything so no shooting up schools for me.

>inb4 reported to fbi

Dear FBI, I'm not going to attack any public place or do harm to society.

the internet satisfies Immediate gratification consistently

If it was suddenly taken away from everyone, people would literally start to withdrawl

but in the end we would all start to go outside again, read magazines and newspapers, and perhaps even start a career

>still believing in the generation meme

stop, people are more complex than that

humanity doesn't change, all generations are, at their very core, the same mistakes being repeated over and over, for every virtue a generation commits itself to a new sin is born, from every sin a virtue

Desktop enthusiasts cant exist if they've never used a desktop.
Tablets are becoming the standard for technology learning in schools. Parents buy tablets for their kids because the kids can learn them easily and the content they are exposed to can be easily controlled.

You wouldn't pick a laptop over a tablet when a laptop is a just a big tablet that doesnt let you play clash of clans and is too complicated to use.

I was obviously mocking the guy at the top of this chain of replies

How's your reading comprehension, my burgertellectual?

They will take your kid away for child abuse my man

>beige computers

Jeff goldblum would like to have a word with you

youtube.com/watch?v=85rcd5hq2ds

>people are complex
>people are same over and over

?

>withdrawl

Its WITHDRAW you illiterate fuck, stop encouraging this redneck mistake so many people make

Don't look too far into it. He's a
>mexican intellectual

>withdrawAL
noun
the action of withdrawing something.
"the withdrawal of legal aid"

no, i as an experiment lived 6 months without internet last year. In that time i read anna karenina, brothers karamazov, the complete works of hemingway, the trial, faust, a hitchhikers guide to the galaxy and all discworld novels. probably forgot some books. lack of internet only makes you crazy if you don't know what to do with your time.

It used to be white, just got grimey and probably chain smoked near.

people are bound to their personal understanding of the world, hence why the same mistakes are repeated forever but it doesnt means that humans are not complex, humanity as a whole follows basic patterns because you are seeing it in a tunnel vision, but at a smaller scale every individual is wildly different and submitting them to a generalization is naively reductionist

the fact that people in this thread genuinely believe that kids dont play outside anymore is proof of their short understanding of the complexity of the world and how they are more willing to believe in narratives than to actually take a look at what is happening

your mom is empty

PC gaymers aren't going to just disappear. And plenty of companies string together desktops instead of buying expensive servers.

Guess you can't read either then, huh bong? He said "they will literally start to withdrawl". Withdrawal is still not correct in that context. Do you think I don't know the word withdrawal? This is a common American mistake where many many people across the country (especially the Midwest) pronounce "withdraw" as "withdrawl" just as they would say "acrossed" instead of "across"

Most Americans can't think outside the positivist paradigm, they want to generalize everything from petty premises.

show proof

What exactly do you want me to prove? Withdrawl is not a word, and withdrawal is not grammatically correct in that sentence either. I don't understand what I'm supposed to be proving.

Take for example:

"I'm going to withdrawl from the table"

This is not correct. You would say "I am going to withdraw from the table."

"I'm going to withdrawal from the table" is not correct either.

This. Not too long ago I ask a gen z if they learned to use the filesystem in their computer class. Get blank look.

They can use apps and they can type. Just as gen x could play space invaders.

From what I can tell they mostly just want to do jobs with a well worn path and be gay normies because everything revolves around normy faggots being pampered faggots.

I don't blame them really. Being yet another gay cunt is probably better than being a Sup Forums loser.

Stop being hopeful about gen z. They've been around shitskins since they were born.

>They've been around shitskins since they were born.

That's babies first redpill

How many people on here know how to use dos?

What you consider to be 'essential' tech knowledge is already miles out of date: it's utterly useless, like say cursive writing.

I don't know about you but at my job we still use desktops.

Not entirely sure. I watched my dad use his computer when I was a little sprout (as I pretended to read his engineering books). Sometimes he'd run into trouble, running a program or something, and he'd sit there until he figured it out. Later on I do the same, if something doesn't work, on a computer or otherwise, I'll troubleshoot, pick and poke at it until I've either made it work, or I've figured out what the problem is.

I think a majority of my problem solving skills stemmed from computers.

Are you implying gen x was stupid about computers? lol millennials, the entire computer, DOS, Linux, Windows 95, all this shit from 1980 to 1995 was because of Gen X. WE built nearly the entire thing, what you experience as a millennial including Youtube.

Millennials did create Facebook and all the other stuff say post-2010 I'll concede.

I'm just saying that Gen X laid the hardest groundwork for your generation to really begin making your own stuff.

Ehh, sorry for the autistic rant I just don't want to let that implication stand if anyone else believes Gen X was stupid about computers.