So someone explain to me...

So someone explain to me... why is the national security adviser being asked to resign for discussing a national security issue?

protip: relations with Russia is a matter of national security.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Cwm3XgA6vnU
youtube.com/watch?v=pZEks0N66vM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

because i was discussing the matter before he became a national security advisor and carrying out american diplomacy without being an american state official is illegal

next

It has nothing to do with that. He did some regrettable things that he could be blackmailed with and didn't disclose that to the Trump administration.

yeah so what?

trump was meeting with foreign leaders and discussing policy before he was president.

doesn't seem unusual or unethical to me.

it's just political i think. it's not really 'bad' it's just a chess match of sorts and they forced him out

Politics

key word being >>carrying out american diplomacy

It's not illegal to talk to people in other countries.
This is doubly so as he did not hold any position in office.

I think he resigned because he lied to Pence about the call; not so much that it was legally wrong; but he lied to the boss.

i'm going to explain this for the third time and then dip out of the thread

it is not illegal to talk to people in other countries

it is illegal to carry out diplomacy without being an american state official, and his refusal to declare that he had these meetings makes it doubly bad

this was a stupid personal mistake and thats why he knew he had to step down straight away so i don't understand what you aren't getting

Pretty sure he talked to Russia about the 35 Russian diplomat employees kicked out by Obama. Flynn called up to say it's all cool, let's not get out panties in a knot and escalate the situation.

It's a political manuver, through and through.

Treason. Base treason.

>discussing a national security issue?
because he broke the law when he did it?

>I

Putin pls

Flynn will still be a consultant to the president, just not in his original capacity. The administration is using this as an opportunity to clear the air of the Russian puppet rumors. The FBI already cleared Flynn of any wrongdoing, and they will clear the rest of the administration.

Under what statute? Some obscure 18th Century law that has never been enforced?

The Obama Administration is gone. We're not going to prosecute people under dubious as shit laws written centuries ago anymore.

But it's not illegal to talk to people about diplomacy from other countries. It's just considered bad form in Washington. You do not know what you're talking about.

Then why did the FBI clear him?

Shut your Blueshare mouth.

Flynn was a Dem plant that Presidenr Trump outed. It's going to be like this for awhile.

We finally have a true American patriot fighting the Jews,and he doesn't give a shit besides Making America Great Again. It's fucking glorious.

what really pisses me off about this is the whole damn govt is treasonous, and in the highest sense in so many ways. and you have trump guys who are some of the least treasonous and they are being vilified as the treasonous ones. it's so frustrating

>We finally have a true American patriot fighting the Jews,and he doesn't give a shit besides Making America Great Again. It's fucking glorious.

Nice proxy. No, it's because he couldn't remember everything he talked about and his story didn't hold up under multiple interviews with DOJ/WH Counsel investigators.
So either he was withholding information from the Pres/VP because muh DIA/Intelligence Secrets, or he is having memory lapses that make him unreliable in that position. Depending on the kind of combat he's been in (if he's been in any at all), I'd lean towards the latter since he was supposedly so loyal up until then.

Honestly though, I think his pushing for the instant release of that EO that is bogged down in court, instead of giving Trump the roll-out period he wanted, combined with the VP discussion is what did it.

In other words, Flynn failed Trump for the last time.

What you don't understand is that President Trump is going to MAGA.

It's going to get ugly.shit it already has. The only reason the leftist media and all the pedo's are against him is because they thought they owned us.When we elected Trump and threw all their BS into a giant vortex circling the drain,they panicked.

We fucked up their whole plan by electing Trump.Now they are scrambling to unfuck what has already been fucked.

Lol good luck traitors.

I bet if a Obummer cronie pulled the same thing by talking, or making deals, with the Russians prior to being elected you dopes would see no problem with it. Besides, until we know what he was discussing with the Russians it's difficult to understand why this blew up in Trumps face. Maybe because Russia has dirt on Trumpy that he can be blackmailed with endangering our National Security in severe ways.

Collective knee jerk by cuckservatives.

FOR
ZERO
CRIMES
COMMITTED

>ScapeusGoatus

At worst this sounds like a slapped wrist/dont do it again/lessons have been learned kind of thing

he was already in violation of the emoluments clause by accepting a paid speaking gig from old pooty putin

as a former general, he's subject to recall and should not have taken a paid gig from a country that, at best, has had an adversarial relationship with ours

worst of all, captain dipshit was having said conversation at a time when the current administration was placing sanctions on russia and expelling diplomants

he fucking deserved it for being a retard, he ruined his own legacy

How is no one posting the correct answer?

It's because he wasn't the National Security advisor. Obama was still president. Therefore he was a mere citizen. He then went on to lie about the fact, but that lie isn't the treason, it only indicates that he wasn't doing this unknowingly.

diplomats*

>carrying out american diplomacy without being an american state official is illegal

are you retarded?

Anything Trump does is bad duh

Flynn resignation was 4D chess!

Trump canned Flynn to make the story blow up bigger -- They know that an investigation into Flynn's calls WON'T find ANYTHING improper. It's AIRTIGHT.

So trump cans Flynn for several reasons:

1) makes trump look squaky clean - as opposed to 'protecting' a russian spy

2) Move flynn into a different role

3) Preempt the "muh russia" line of attack to seize on a totally innocuous thing instead of waiting for something better that they could frame as sinister.

4) Expose the traitors inside the 5th column

5) Bring "deep state" to public lexicon - now everyone sees the Spy-complex as working against trump, and won't be surprised or outraged when he purges the CIA etc.

6) Make the story blow up bigger than it would have -- now media will swarm all over this like they finally struck a blow on trump and had blood in the water. Trump can do ANYTHING HE WANTS with his other hand EVEN STRIKE DOWN DODD-FRANK without ANY opposition because all his enemies are trying to make political hay on the MUH RUSSIA "Scandal"

7) Any investigation of Flynn's calls will turn up nothing of value and waste all sorts of time and energy of Trump's enemies in the senate and the media. They'll spend all this time crying about FLYNN CALLS, RUSSIA CONNECTIONS that amounts to nothing. Meanwhile they won't take that time on TV crying about the next EO, 'travel ban', court case, new policy, obamacare, whatever. Trump can get whatever he wants done while they cry about russia and try to impeach him over something that TRUMP KNOWS AMOUNTS TO ZERO.

You see? By shitcanning Flynn, trump made them all think there's fire where they smell smoke -- but it's just Trump's Smokescreen.

Tony Shaffer says "Bring on congressional investigation, It will reveal democrats and obama spies"
youtube.com/watch?v=Cwm3XgA6vnU

Based Kucinich calls out the Deep state this morning on TV:
youtube.com/watch?v=pZEks0N66vM

What happens when we go off your script Shareblue? Do you not have critical thinking skills? Are you jacking off about that time you saw your Mom naked?

Enlighten me plz nerd virgins.

>Leftist: We want world peace man, far out bro
>Woah peace with Russia? Fuck you man Russia was our enemy in the cold war which I've never cared about before but now I suddenly do

Your "correct answer" is incorrect, it's called the transition period for a reason, presidents usually don't do anything to undermine the next administration but Obama slapped sanctions last minute to mud the waters. Obviously the incoming administration needs to be ready to take charge prior to the inauguration and it's ridiculous to think Flynn did something wrong by saying Trump is open for a new relationship.

If you go back to early statements Trump said many times he was open to negotiate the Russian sanctions but recently he went full neocon mode and Flynn doesn't fit that new vision. This whole "trust" crap is just an excuse to get rid of the guy.

Because that's not the correct answer. Maybe read more than the headline, dudebro. The important stuff is in the little letters below.