So why the fuck is Austin specifically a liberal hellhole in Texas...

So why the fuck is Austin specifically a liberal hellhole in Texas? Its not right near the Mexico border or the closest to California. Why exactly?

Other urls found in this thread:

foxnews.com/us/2017/02/11/mexican-woman-in-texas-sentenced-to-8-years-in-prison-for-voter-fraud.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because Austin is woke.

Hurricane Katrina relocated the filth from New Orleans to that city en masse

Cities go to shit if left unchecked.

It'll be conservative within 20 years, the hipsters are starting to realize being a liberal faggot is too mainstream

Tech industry tends to have lots of low testosterone nu-males who become liberal to get revenge on their bullies

University of Texas is in Austin

everyone is a virtue signaling cuck, devoid of critical thinking, regurgitating the group think consensus in an attempt to get people to like them

it's a college town where yuppies have no work or real life experience

Mass influx of tech nu males from the West coast

Pretty sure it's due to the uber liberal colleges. It's pretty much where the elitists congregate in Texas. I think the colleges have attracted a market of leftists to come move to the city and destroy it over the years.

It really is hard to tell why its so liberal

It's a big city. The closer to most cities you get, the more degenerate it becomes.

I spent a week in austin, wasn't really that bad
lot of good places to get food and some pretty hot chicks that weren't insane tumblr types

University of Texas and the Texas Capital is there... Tons of Californians moved there and the biggest push in Texas for Agenda 21/2030 is in Austin to use as a testing ground for other red states and red cities... Damn shame but that's just how things go.. until they don't

It's a university town. Intelligence is directly correlated with liberalism.

The politics of Austin are terrible and people's shitty liberal opinions are annoying, but sometimes it can be a pretty cool city and our food is pretty fantastic

Yeah the food is fantastic in Austin

TFW

lot of fat people in texas

they do say everything is bigger, i guess bellies are included

They're educated and have money

>university
>intelligence

Pick one

yuppie west coast fags come for college then they stay when they realise you can remotely afford housing here

>So why the fuck is Austin specifically a liberal hellhole in Texas? Its not right near the Mexico border or the closest to California. Why exactly?

It's a big city. Every big city in America is blue. And these major cities (and state capitols) largely flip entire states.

Colorado would be bright red if it weren't for Denver, for instance.

Liberals are attracted to shitty live music, trashy bar life and hugbox state campuses. Austin is heaven for them.

Californians flocked there. Name a state capitol in the US that isn't cucked.

The Falcons were too good at football to win the Super Bowl, too.

Universities.

this is one of the stupidest things ive read

That was Houston, which is still suffering from that migration.

Texas Congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee - one of the dumbest and most liberal members of the House - wins by insurmountable margins now, due to that mess.

college town + capitol means a huge chunk of people live there on other people's dime.

Oklahoma City

For years Austin has had a motto "keep Austin weird" What they mean is keep Austin filled with liberal arts students, homeless musicians and degenerate hippies.

Charleston, WV

THIS

Niggers, Spics, Durkas, H1-Hajis all on gov assistance.

fuck you, i spent a night there and almost blew my brains out

Hi Alex Jones

Niggers.

>texas cucks complaining about californians
>forget austin was weird a long time ago
>you all bragged about it
LEL

that map is the look of a state about to be flipped blue

Its always been fucking weird. Used to be a lot smaller and more simple. Parents went to college here and said you never went south of Oltorf.

Now its full of Califags just making worse. Some of them ok as people, but the rest are like locusts. Its ok though. Drive 20 mins away and you're back in Tejas.

???

Austin is expensive as fuck. Handouts won't get you far there.

They may have been red during the election, but they're still almost 20% Hispanic and 17% black. I say it was because of the turnout that it ended up well.

because beautiful rich people live there and they don't want to be bothered by Negros and Fat republicans.

If you want to live in a republican paradise filled with Negros and Fats, move to Waco.

>muh red state!!!

its full of hippie degenerates that work at coffee shops for a living

corporate headquarters full of corpcucks

this
because this

UTA mostly

lake travis is better, I like wilderness, not homeless fuckers begging for change around every corner i.e. austin

>UTA
>University of Texas at Arlington
lolwut

Everyone wanted Reagan instead faggot but Ford took the nomination.

>i love you so much

barf

dude that mexican state look so big

This

and washington w/ out seattle and maybe tacoma

So I might got to UT Austin next semester for grad school. Can someone that goes there/lives there give me the rundown?

I dunno, she's been congresswoman for 22 years
very few break 25
usually retirement kicks in, and she's about that age.
It's fair to say it's a democratic strong hold of course, as it's been a black dem there for almost 45 years.
But the dems might be having their own version of the tea party, where fresh faces will waltz to victory because of anger at the establishment.
the republican party in that district is a fucking shitshow, which is the main reason she hasn't lost.

What the fuck is wrong with the south of Texas? Is it beaners making their way up?

Has it always voted left?

WHO GIVES A FUCK JUST GET ME OUT OF HERE OR FUCKING GLASS THIS SHITSTAIN OF A CITY ALREADY

why

Keep Austin Weird is a small business slogan
It means buy at locally owned places, instead of big chain stores.
Anyone who moved there in the last decade has no idea that's what it means.

California transplants have a lot to do with that too.

its full of beaners

the UT system, currently, is overpriced as fuck, and unless your specific degree has a high job placement rate at that particular UT school, I advise against it

Wut

cause it was founded in round rock around the time computers were starting to become more normalized in peoples homes, dell needed workers (specifically ones from silicon valley, which is in California) explains all the progressiveness and DUDE WEED LMAOS

>Im from Austin, family left in late 1999

its basically beaners, build the wall

this is the credited response. Austin is where all of the liberal arts students and government employees live, and consequently it is a stronghold of degeneracy and parasitism

Commiefornia transplants

Austins cool but gotten expensive. Good weather. If you have cedar allergies don't come, you will be miserable. What specifically would you like to know?

Round rock is the kinda place to raise a family

Grew up in Austin, was a bunch of fun but the people were super fucking conceited.

it's on the border and infected with mexicans

>MFW clearing the hill on 620, headed towards the dam, near that church.
>Seeing what looks like orangish/yellow smog
>NOPE CEDAR
>"FUCK YOUR LIFE" - The Trees

how is the student life there? I am pretty right, will I be able toe express my opinions?

why what?

I'm going for a PhD and so it will be fully funded. and yes my degree is in tech/cs so it has a very high job placement.

Ford was the President.

But why does texas let them vote?

Weird Austin is dead. I moved up in 2000 and am moving back to San Antonio now. I also would go up every week or two for a few years before that.

Now the main drags (like Lamar and Burnet) are getting canyoned in with fucking euroblock condos. (the difference from a real euroblock is a parking garage in the middle instead of a park)

And traffic has always sucked, but city council was all members picked by at-large voting for so long that the libcucks have been running it for decades. They had the "don't build it and it won't come" mantra, except they came anyhow, especially after it became a big tech job market. They're still trying to catch up with building roads, but way behind.

I was living up in the far NW, traffic is especially bad there because there are only two roads there that take any traffic up the corridor, US183 and Parmer. The only thing that kept me sane was sneaking in across Duval to the point where 183 isn't so fucked.

The Valley is like 80% mexican

Nobody lives in those blue counties along the border except for a few cities, there's not enough population for them to make a difference.

I didnt go to univ here, sorry. In general though UT is liberal, and there is lots of general fuckiness in Austin, but its kind of endearing in it own way. Still see trump stickers and it is Texas so a right minded person isnt alien.

kek. It doesnt bother me at all but my heart goes out to you poor bastards.

we have mild voter ID laws, but that doesn't stop them. Lots of people want to push for stricter laws, but you get DAS RAYSIS every time and that scares the shit out of old white folks for some reason

foxnews.com/us/2017/02/11/mexican-woman-in-texas-sentenced-to-8-years-in-prison-for-voter-fraud.html

/thread

The literally too intelligent to win the election

I drive by that building all the time and think about the day. Have a good time in SA. Hope it works out for you. Traffic has indeed gotten shittier, I in cedar park though so get to avoid the 183 grinder.

It's not dead nor will it ever be. Everyone says "you missed the good Austin" but they've been saying that for 50 years and it hasn't changed

Coons and beaners

Dude learn the history. After Reagan's speech at the RNC practically all of the Republican party knew they made a mistake in nominating Ford again.

>i'm katy perry. i have saggy huge tits and am a total kike puppet.
literally this dumb bitch's career.

As a native Texan, the red parts of TX and the southern border are retarded and shitty, southern parts are just Mexican shits wishing to stay in the U.S, and half of them are fucking illegals. Liberals in Austin are probably just college shitheads who don't understand anything about the actual world.
>mounds
fuck you, almonds give me hives and make me shit for hours.

Conservatism is a political ideological used as a crutch for simple minded "human cattle" populations...aka...rural people since they tend to be of low intellect and live pointless lives and as such rely on delusional ego driven world views allowing them to be easily manipulated for the sake of herding and using them. Their social isolation also invokes a child like fear of anything and everything different creating a closed loop of retardation.

Cities and other areas of social or intellectual population density result in a natural progressive ideology as this is the efficient ideological form for the function and progress of advanced human societies. The inherent density of population also fosters more social interaction which fosters advanced human traits such as empathy and the ability to abstract, seeing things from others perspective further advancing progressive ideological adoption.

antifa is coming for you austin nazis!

I read during the primaries that liberals expect Texas to be Blue by 2025.

They said the same about californianin 1970s and 1980s and they was right. Time to rid ourselves of California now when they think its their right to leave.