Dam is going to burst

just been dispatched from another county to assist in swift water rescue capabilities (part of a 14 man team). Everyone is evacuating for the upcoming storm and it sounded like they were 100% certain the dam isn't going to hold.

News is going black on this for some reason, it's happening.

Other urls found in this thread:

cnbc.com/2017/02/14/officials-race-against-rains-to-prevent-california-dam-disaster.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Godspeed user ;_;7

Digits say it happens

Not to be that guy but what's stopping anyone with a hardhat from taking this picture? It's hard to call proof.

Someone had to take it for the team user. None of us like being that guy, it's a necessary evil.

That was very gay. Don't be so polite with a specific question.

THE FUTURE SHALL BE HIS PROOF

When you get to hell, tell Hitler he was right.

F

WHERE IS IMG_6733.jpg??

WHAT ARE YOU HIDING

Why are you helping those hippies. Fuck them

OH SHIT
DUPLICATE NUMBERS OF PROOF
ABSOLUTELY HAPPENING

Hoax and homosexual

is the spillway the only concern?

or by some astronomical chance is the whole dam compromised?

Good luck!

I have a hardhat too you fucking moron

YES

are you gonna drop fire on the flood waters?

I'm Mike Wolfe, and I'm Frank Fritz, and we're pickers. We travel the backroads of America, looking for rusty gold. We're looking for amazing things buried in people's garages and barns. What most people see as junk, we see as dollar signs. We'll buy ANYTHING we think we can make a buck on. Each item we pick has a history all it's own. And the people we meet, well, they're a breed all their own. We make a living telling the history of America. One piece at a time.

Sorry, it's genetic

I hope being rude isn't on the American citizenship test

So what happens if this dam breaks? How big of a deal is it? Katrina-level?

If singles, the dam won't break.

i'm the half gnawed-off thumbnail

Oh boy

If the emergency spillway breaks (which is coinflip possible)? Katrina bad for some Trump country, maybe downstream if the levees break.

If the dam itself goes (highly unlikely but not physically impossible)? California will need a new capital and get a free canyon.

well that backfired, user

but thanks, now I know to get a raft and rifle ready

>Dam breaks after largest rainfall in 250 years after largest drought in 250 years
>Slips the San Andreas fault
>Causes multiple 9.0 earthquakes
>Spuns 15-20 Tsunamis
>Multiple CAT 5 Huricanes bellow in due to disturbances
>3 Trillion in property Damages
>Millions in deep blue counties die
>California goes red in 2018
>yfw

Nice.

So what happens if the dam breaks? Will SoCal be okay?

Welp It was a good run while it lasted.

what have you done

fuggin habbening

High single says it will.

how many bog pills did you take??

If it actually bursts aftwr they let peoppe return home and assured them it was all Ok then Jerry Brown is super fucked.

>his dad presided over the dams construction also
Kek

fuk

So cal is never ok

If spillway breaks, then it is a absolute disaster that will sweep away everything that is happening in Washington right now and California will face economic problems.

If the dam breaks, The amount of damage yo will see will dwarf Katrina, think absolute fucking anarchy in California as the death toll will be in the hundreds of thousands. No Californian politician will be saved

>yfw Trump has Jerry Brown arrested for endangering Americans

>Implying California would still exist at that point

are you fucking kidding me???

SO you gonna rescue them looters eh? I wonder how many will drown with their riches :D

The dam isn't structurally compromised, its just the dam spillway which means very little. Yeah it kinda fucked things up for the hillside and needs to be fixed long term, but nothing is actually in any danger.

cnbc.com/2017/02/14/officials-race-against-rains-to-prevent-california-dam-disaster.html

oh no

YOURE ALL NOW AWARE THAT THE DAM
WILL BE BLOWN UP
BY FEMA AND BLAMED ON NATURAL CAUSES

By my math, if the main spillway doesn't fail catastrophically first, the lake will top over capacity around Friday evening or early Saturday in a 7.5" storm scenario. Hopefully the whole berm won't erode when the emergency spillway goes.

Death toll will be in millions.

if it breaks I can't wait for the new flood memes

The dam is literally at the tip top of the state, it's almost 700 miles away from LA's more northern parts, let alone anything south of that. This thing bursting won't even touch Frisco, let alone magically make it to southern California.

The San Andreas fault isn't even near it. Oroville is way inland and also so far north it's not even on this image.

It will hold, Its all solid rock

>a flood will cause an Earthquake

Retard Alert

Nah, probably numbers similar to Katrina

I dont have much but take my prized dust pile please. There is a single grain of dust from each of the 6 million jews that got gassed mixed with some stuff from my vacuum.

This.
Show us the dick pic user.

SHEEEEEIT

Lolno

well, i live in cali, guess its time go rape and pillage while im still alive

God bless user and stay safe. You are too good for Cali my friend.

Have this rare 9/11 dust pile

this is a cute otter

Picture of erect dick or this isn't real.

That actually sounds like an interesting show.

Is this some MK-ULTRA trigger for a manchurian-canidate?

its china isnt it?

Do you will it, great master?

sheeeit

guys i need a -quick rundown- on what dam we're talking about here i've been watching hockey all night

Pence: This flood... the water is intensifying to the point where they may not be able to contain it.
Trump: Why contain it? Let it spill over the schools and churches, let the bodies pile up in the streets. In the end they'll beg us to save them.
Pence: I've received reports of armed attacks on our boys. There's not enough free money to go around, and the Californians are starting to get desperate.
Trump: Of course they're desperate; they can smell their deaths, and the sound they'll make rattling their cages will serve as a warning to the rest.
Pence: Mmm. I hope you're not underestimating the problem. Intelligence suggest they're behind the problems in Paris.
Trump: Bunch of pretentious old men playing at running the world. But the world left them behind long ago. We are the future.
Pence: We have other problems.
Trump: NATO?
Pence: We have Mattis in place though.

I'm a civil engineer who has been studying the live cams the past few hours. If the heavy rainfall commencing shortly doesn't burst the dam within the next 48hrs I will resign immediately.

under-fuckin-rated

it was a benis.

BREAK THE DAM

if we get just one more inch of rain in California in the next week, billions will die

this

bunch of Sup Forums retards don't get how big commiefornia is

FREE THE RIVER

Fucken saved!

AN INSIDE JOB?????

It's not the flood, it's the mass displacement of water out of the dam. A few years after the dam was built, Oroville had a 5.7 earthquake with multiple 4-5 magnitude aftershocks. The earthquake epicenter was located 7 miles from the dam.

... is the material the dam is built out of comprised exclusively of nuclear fallout and bees or something?

Kekspeed, SafetySoldier.

Kek rekt.
Bish u just got KEKED
E
K
E
D

She otter get a tender dickin

demon!

Tomorrow around 315pm ET the orders will be given to detonate certain areas. Screen cap this

Huh, maybe trips will work if I praise kek

Fire up those ramen packets, you're about to be out of the job.

Uruc: AAAARGH

>California spends no money on fixing buildings and shit and instead wastes it on political cock-sucking and buying the illegal vote
>Giant hole found in the spillway of the Oroville dam, politicians say "DON'T WORRY GUYS WE'RE IN A DROUGHT, BTW PLS SEND MONEY FEDERAL GOVERNMENT WE'RE IN A DROUGHT"
>Drought ends in spectacular fashion wish a torrent of rainfall
>Dam can't hold so water needs to be let in the spillway
>Oh shit, their are M O R E H O L E S
>300,000+ citizens evacuated with new problems arising as the spillway can't take it
>"Emergency Construction" basically is throwing rocks around.

It is fucking happening

Sugoi! I see you're a friend with good taste.

Dam won't collapse, only the spillway. Dam is not even in danger...

no but this is what happens when you damn up a river and then build in the area where the water level drops. Its just natures way of saying fuck you too.

Why does everyone on here have fucked up fingers/hands?

How is my math?

@ 80k cu.ft net drainage from lake oroville per second over the spillway over 72 hours = roughly 20 billion cubic feet of water constituting the 20' drop in lake oroville.

the watershed serving lake oroville is 3611 square miles, which equals 1.0875e14 square inches * 7.5 inches expected rain = roughly 63 billion cubic feet of water will be be entering the lake over the storm (minus the %age that falls as snow above 6500 ft)

if that amount of water takes until sunday to fully drop, then we are looking at 20ish billion cubic feet of water per day dropping into the lake.

20 billion cu.ft. over 3 days drainage = 6.75 billion cu ft per day output vs 20 billiion cu.ft. input per day is the likely scenario for the next few days.

assuming a lake level of 875 feet (max cap. 900 ft) by the time the storm begins, and assuming the spillway can maintain 100k output, and assuming the storm covers the entire footprint of the watershed, and assuming that the precipitation as snow equals the melt from existing snow pack, the oroville dam emergency spillway will begin to overflow some time friday evening - early saturday morning.

This agrees roughly with the state's estimate that 50' of reservior space will be required for the storm (looks like they fudged by 10 feet or so)

The sacramento area has a decent chance of having water/power/road/food delivery infrastructure affected by this release, so keep that in mind and stay safe people.

Honestly fuck Jerry Brown. This state could be so great but the retarded liberals here go and fuck it all up