Just how bad is the ongoing Fukushima nuclear disaster?

Just how bad is the ongoing Fukushima nuclear disaster?

Other urls found in this thread:

japantimes.co.jp/news/2017/02/03/national/fukushima-radiation-level-highest-since-march-11/
youtube.com/watch?v=yZL_PQ7snqA
pref.fukushima.lg.jp/site/portal/mon-kekka.html
engadget.com/2017/02/10/fukushima-reactors-radiation-levels-killed-a-cleaning-robot/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Payback

I want facts and figures. I haven't gone to a pacific beach once since 2011, fuck that shit nigga

My wife and I don't eat anything from the Pacific - and we live in CA

It's fine.

>based japs slowly poisoning commiefornia
>disaster
im sorry aussie, i dont see the problem

not bad.

if anything, some commifornians will die.

Besides, nuclear power is the only way to stick it to the energy jew.

Anyone tried to detect a correlation between commifornia people's brain death and the radiation, if so, radiation seems to be even more deangerous

None of your business

Looks like calif is the inly one impacted... Nothing of value is being lost...

elephant's leg is found. All we can do is sealing all the facility in the coffin.

Radiation did get to the US but it was less concentrated than what you would find in a banana

Bad enough that even the people who know about it just gave up and shut up for the most part because there's nothing really to be done about it.

The effects won't be realized for another generation or so, by which time it will be the new normal. The expectation is that we'll have reinvented life as we know or face down some other similarly bigger-than-fukushima problem by then.

>I want facts and figures.
They were buried by the obummer administration, in collusion with corrupt, lamestream media. Nothing to see here folks, move along.

nuclear scientists recommend the area be entirely sealed off like chernobyl and that the area will never be habitable again for hundreds of thousands of years, or in other words, well past humanity's expiration date. they also said to expect pandemic levels of cancet developing in all areas of japan in the near future and that runoff into the pacific makes pacific caught seafood risky to eat but at the same time do not recommend people go out of their way to avoid it

They also incinerated radiated waste all over Japan so that the readings near the plants wouldn't look as bad compared to the readings from the rest of the country. It's super fucked.

I would not want to live in any adjacent province or whatever they call them there.

Do not eat canned tuna from the pacific.

Good luck sealing that supercriticality. The neutron flux shooting out the top is so extreme you can see glowing columns of blue from nitrogen excitement in the atmosphere when you fly too close to it.

Sauce?

its fucked

over 500 siverts in reactor 2
reactor 2 confirmed meltdown into the ground and into an underground freshwater stream that leads into the pacific.

Oh oh, someone went pee pee in the pacific.

For fuck's fake OP, anyone can go to the beach right now and measure the radiation. Anyone can go in a boat right now and measure the radiation. Is the radiation leaking from Fukushima? Yes...is the ocean vast beyond your comprehension and will absorb the minute amounts? Yes. Would you get more radiation in your body from taking a plane flight from CA to NY? Yes.

Stop trying to be smart, you have a long way to go.

Checked

Meaning that that you're going to get lava-like radioactive spurts out on the Pacific floor. Ideally they just hit the ocean water and solidify, but that's not exactly a positive.

green glowing pee pee

inb4 mutated deep sea monstes

inb4 godzirra & pacific rim

I once got to chat with local nuclear plant operator, and he told me very interesting thing about these solar plants. Cost of generating 1 megaWatt is dozenfold smaller for nuclear plant, but if the actual demand for power isnt too big, nuclear plant is ordered to turn down their production and solar plant production is prefered.

Solar plants and wind turbines produce power first, and only when their capacity is reached (or weather is bad) nuke plant is allowed to produce rest of the demanded power.

The funny thing is, they actually dont order them to stop making power. They subsidize them with money. Nuclear plant get paid for each megaWatt they dont produce, but could have been. That means the best way for nuclear plant to make money would be to shut their operation down completely.

The cost is therefore much bigger not only because solar power is more expensive, but because you pay money to the nuke plant not to produce.
I dont know about rest of the world, but its like this in CZ, which means situation might be similar in the rest of EU

>MUH RADIATION
not that bad if you aren't a local.

OOOOOOOOOOOOH!

HERE COME GOJIRA!

mad max tier

Fuk u, Shima xD kek

So you're saying that going to Japan and bringing a girl back would be saving her from falloutland?

Much worse than Chernobyl.

It gets better. Wind and solar are not reliable -- the power they generate depend on the weather and time of day. For nuclear it takes a long time to change the power output.

So the net effect is you wind up using a lot of gas turbines or something like that to even out the power delivery. So not only do you waste a lot of money for nothing, but you also commit CARBON CRIMES.

I'm torn between yellow fever and disapproving of happas. But if you want to fetch one, do it sooner than later.

Happas are a lot more white than what's becoming prevalent these days, tho. So maybe we can rationalize it in relative terms and say its good overall.

Objectively /thread

It's bad.

japantimes.co.jp/news/2017/02/03/national/fukushima-radiation-level-highest-since-march-11/

What you'd want to do is take your meter on the plane, since the jet stream blows it over much more rapidly than it could diffuse through the Pacific. You might or might not get lucky since what you're on the hunt for is just a few hot particles in a big sky. The airplane is valuable in this hunt because it concentrates the air to maintain sufficient pressure in the cabin, meaning you're more likely to find a particle than if you were flying around yourself in a batman suit.

I've strictly eatten Atlantic caught fish. After BP in the golf and fukashima in the pacific, it makes me feel better knowing I'm not eating from either body of water.

Mutant sharks when?

The BP spill was a fun one. Only two times has the local grocery store used the PA. One was to keep us updated minute to minute on whether or not the EBT system was working again.

The other was to announce that the gulf shrimp was confirmed safe to eat and that we should all buy it because it was on sale and it would be on extra sale next week, too.

lol

some of the fish near the shore of the nuclear plant have been found to have radiation levels double those of baseline radiation levels
that means it's not dangerous at all, to anyone, and no one is going to get sick/die.

6 years later we're still waiting for at least one case of someone getting irradiated.

It's chronic exposure that won't show up in a big way except in retrospect through statistical analysis, at which point it would be difficult to demonstrate causality.

What you'd want to do is go get an isotope profile from each reactor. Then you could look at any future sample from anywhere in the world and figure out if Fukushima was involved, and even which reactor was doing what. But they don't want to do that, meaning that there is a coverup.

2 millions of people lives in Fukushima prefecture now. They check radiation volume on every day.
Many people enjoy swimming and surfing in Fukushima beach.

>directly affecting California
Praise Kek

5 years passed in Fukushima
youtube.com/watch?v=yZL_PQ7snqA

What you'd want to watch out for is the food. It will bioaccumulate and then once it's inside your body your won't even have protection against alpha and beta particles.

We can get the weekly data of foods on the net
pref.fukushima.lg.jp/site/portal/mon-kekka.html

I'd like to say that Japanese is careful with foods the most in the world.
Think. If you were in Japan, you become carefully the most, don't you?

Yes, Japan is known for food quality. You only take the very best of what we export, and people in the US are left to eat the worst that nobody else will take.

Be sure to monitor it carefully. The Japanese culture of working together for the greater good is very admirable, but it also has a weak spot in accepting and obeying official information.

they sent a robot deep inside the reactor for the first time and it got destroyed by the radiation inside within two hours. and it didnt even get close to the reactor. 650 Sieverts! 650!

engadget.com/2017/02/10/fukushima-reactors-radiation-levels-killed-a-cleaning-robot/

and theres three reactors that melted down.

TEPCO are bumbling fucks that will be the end of us all

this is how you get godzirra

TEPCO is actually just an umbrella company. Most of the contractors are in fact from the US. This provides for a great chain of shifting the blame.

Any robots they might want to use to do I don't know what would have to be essentially mechanically controlled and not reliant on electronics. Mad Max indeed.

Not bad at all. All contaminants are leaked into the water. Turns out Hydrogen is absolutely fantastic to shield from radiation. Basically no one on earth will ever notice a negative thing due to Fukushima except for people literally walking through Fukushima itself.

You don't need to pay attention to this stuff. Especially considering that this meltdown is pretty mild and build along a shore.

It's time for people to stop fearing nuclear power plants and possible meltdowns.

Please educate yourselves. It only takes a couple of hours to know how Nuclear power plants work and how radiation spreads and you'll immediately know that Fukushima isn't something to worry about.

In fact it's not even worth the effort to talk about except to inform people about how over exaggerated all this stuff is.

IT'S TIME TO STOP FEARING NUCLEAR, PEOPLE. DON'T BE INFLUENCED BY FUCKIGN SIMPSONS.

What do you guys think of those countries that now run 100% on renewables? Is it lies?

Yeah turns out Tritium is great to drink.