You can't

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-DIRSVahTMc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

But some people like to cook.

I am a chef.
And i love to cook.

What did I win?

Im a cook at buffalo wild wings. I want to kill myself.

I'm an Auditor

Only death is real

A Lawn cutting Technician with an apprenticeship in Wall building.

Democratic voting cattle seems worse. Do nothing, don't be allowed to do anything for years, then vote.

I would go insane.

I want to advance into a fancier restaurant. Cooking is fun but the place im at is too crowded. Turnover is high and we are understaffed and have to resort to hiring teenagers that don't last 2 months.

>Struggling to get staff in this timescale
What the fuck

Being understaffed leads to more turnover, more turnover means you're understaffed. Shit's a death spiral.

It's hard work and the hours can be shit but it can be rewarding and pay well once you work your way up, i've been in the job for 20+ years.

t. executive chef on 47k a year.

True fax.
Chef drain everywhere even here. No money and no manpower for it.
Nobody wants to be a chef because its a shit job

Funny story, it has become fairly popular around here, because we had (like many countries, fuck global tv) a shit-ton of shows glamourizing cooking and baking
There's now a ton of underachievers from well-off families going for the job.. but then again it's part of La Culture Française(tm) so they don't get shit on like they might in other places

Cleaner.

Well france probably has the highest concentration of michelin restaurants anywhere so i suppose its probably the best place to be to be a chef

janitor on Sup Forums

Dentist

I thought france didn't have a culture.

Got to do alot of that when your a chef or dishwasher

>shows glamourizing cooking and baking
I fucking hate kids going into culinary school thinking that being in a fucking kitchen at 120 degrees is something cool, they're fucking retarded, I had to wash dishes for a year and it fucking sucked, everyone was miserable and shitty.

>Great pay
>Usually off weekends
>B but i have to sometimes listen to snot nosed brats!

Those can cost almost a 100$ per course per person, possibly more if you go for the big names
On the other hand, we have tons of bistrots, staffed with pakis where they rip you off for a steak with fries because they're located in an old and chic-looking building downtown. Our culinary tradition has gone downhill over the years, it's just overhyped garbage now

Never met a more depressed group of people than lawyers.

I've met many that live on pills and booze

Proctologist. Be 140k in debit, deal with ass holes all day.

That brings up something interesting
I wonder how much actual moderators get paid and how long they usually have to browse Sup Forums for

Standing over a stove flipping over shit and making sure it all turns out exactly the same for 8 hours sounds absolutely miserable.

>"cook"
>at BWW
You mean the guy who dips wings into hot grease?

I imagine that working at any kind of sports bar would suck, regardless of position.

>being an auditor
Why would you do such a thing and why are you a bad person?

Basically this

Also this, fuck dentists, expensive cocksuckers.

Driving the shit truck

Some of my friends became chefs and were never to be seen again.

How do you cure a severe case of butthurt?

Chefs like what they do. No one forces a chef to be chef. They go to culinary school by choice. The helpers and the dishwasher, maybe have the worst jobs.
Just look at your own countryman Ramsey, the dude is happy doing what he enjoys doing daily.

>(((lawyers)))
>''Depressed''
?

The people that advertise stuff over telephone.

>Chefs like what they do. No one forces a chef to be chef. They go to culinary school by choice. The helpers and the dishwasher, maybe have the worst jobs.
>Just look at your own countryman Ramsey, the dude is happy doing what he enjoys doing daily.
Ramzay is a fucking actor
youtube.com/watch?v=-DIRSVahTMc

Move out of Sweden. Start a meatball factory.

>Callcentre pajeets

>young men whose lives are still so open they have room for angst about what to do with the rest of it
ah, user, god bless you damned fucks

I used to work in a kitchen at a fairly up-end fine dining restaurant.

not gonna lie, chef wanted to be a cook, loved cooking, but hated the job. Even the owner was an italian chef, who basically hated the job.

>8 hours
AHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHA

Try again.

Ramsey is a professional douchebag who spends his time insulting people who give him food for free
Of course he'd enjoy it, he even became a millionaire thanks to it

The people that have to call debtors to remind them of their last payment.
>sit in stinky call center
>have to get verbal abuse and listen to sob stories from indebted morons

maybe if you're a dumb newfag.

they are volunteers.

Most top chefs are hard core addicts.

Are you serious?
They have one of the highest depression/suicide rate of any profession

This is the life of a typical life
>Study your ass off for three years in law school
>Graduate with at least 100k in debt
>Law is already an oversaturated field so you'll probably end up as a litigator (Unless you went to an ivy league school)
>Make around 40-50k a year working long hours while paying off your massive debt
>Whole system is a rat race. The one who can spend the most time at the office and give up most of his outside life will become a partner in ten years
After reading numerous anecdotes from ex-lawyers I skipped law school which was for the best

I've been cooking for 9 years, been awake since 5am but can't get out of bed, scheduled for a 3rd surgery just from overwork

>Ramzay is a fucking actor

Ok.
But I think you're confusing fast food burger flippers with actual innovative chefs. You know, those who are also called "burger engineers"...

I was a KP in a couple of restaurants when I was younger

Never again

>8

............... pretty sure you meant 14

Working at an auto parts store located in a part of town that was overrun with niggers over a 20 year period. The customers constantly want to return stolen parts off of vehicles that were boosted, They fight and scream in and out of the shop. Constantly dealing with attempted thief.

I wont deny chefs do like it, but they are masochists. Chefs are absolutely masochists, they need to be to be in that job.
Ramsays one of the guys that made it to stardom, but although he had classical training and experience what he does on tv is not being a chef.
If he really loved cooking he would not be a celebrity the way he has

Try working on a fucking call centre for MetroPCS. having to deal with niggers, cubans trying to scam you, Mexicans and South Americans that can't afford to have their phones disconnected and white people that just want to fuck with you asking for dick pics or a way to scam niggers.

Crime scene clean-up

chefs are cool
but it must be stressful juggling so many meals each day
I want my tips to go to them, not the hag who serves it to me

prison guard
chum scrubber

Sanitation and flood control, finding abortions, severed limbs and potentially falling into a 50ft tank of shit and drowning is slightly worse than having to cook food for other people.

>T. East Bay MUD

Stories plixxy plox

>tin foil hat
If your gonna incorrectly throw the tin foil hat card then nothing you say has substance worth a fuck.

>Read 'down and out in paris and london' by George Orwell

Restaurants are a total scam, and always were (the book was written as his experiences of being a KP in the 1930s)

He talks about "soap crystals", lol, they didn't have liquid soap. Quite funny.

Anyway, yeah, as Orwell points out "Generally speaking.. the more expensive a cut of a meat, the more it has been handled, prodded, and dropped on the floor" - Quite true.

Everything about restaurants is a facade and a sham. The way you are 'served' is a sham to jack up the price. The fake smiles on the waiting staff (They hate their jobs,and their lives)

The crappy, mass-made food (Once you've worked back side in a restaurant, you never want to eat in one again).

Chefs are just today's manual labourers. I think the bottom is going to go out of the whole food-market, it's insane the amount of places to eat out.

KP is a horrible job but there is worse. Bin man, for example. Soldier - imagine getting shot in some godforsaken shithole in the middle east. Sewage plant worker, etc.

>t. worked as a waiter, and KP, for about 3 years

Pizza delivery driver, or any job that puts a lot of miles on your car that doesn't pay what they should.

>20+ years
>47k a year
I'm pretty sure if you worked at McDonald's for that long you could make more than that.

its not bad. its bad if you work at a shitty restaurant. if you work with chill people and the owner isnt a micro managing cunt who throws lettuce at you, believes in the healing power of crystals, and tells you you have a purple aura around your head, then you're all good.

in my exp. owners make or break the experience.

>the 1930s
Hygiene has come along way since the 30s. High end restaurants are meticulously clean.
Michelin star is something of a scam though, its all marketing.
Yet if you ask me, the price of the food (even though its already exorbitant) isnt high enough! I think before el bulli closed half the cooks there were stages (work for free). So basically the price of the food didnt even reflect the work that went into it

My cousin is a chef. Works in a michelin star restaurant. His job is rather comfy, since all his minions have to do all the work and he can just stand there, taste, flirt with the female staff and fuck off early if he feels everything is going wel.

The worst fucking jobs are in callcenters. I used to work for a large bank. All these faggots that didn't pay their bills and try to convince you why you should help them get a mortgage. I had such a hard time staying polite. Women and minorities were the worst. Always playing the victim.

Then next time you eat and enjoy your meal, hand a fiver to a manager and ask them to give it to the cook. Then leave two bucks for your server.
On three occasions that has happened to me, it's actually been pretty nice. One dude asked my boss to give me 20 bucks for a ribeye I cooked him.

Its pretty cushy when youre at the top top.
Like hotel executive chefs and famous celebrity chefs.
Ive staged/worked for a few and they are administrators, not operators.
However it is of my opinion that those people are mostly deadweight except if they own the place