NASA, heeding Trump, may add astronauts to moon mission

Thanks, Trump!

washingtonpost.com/news/speaking-of-science/wp/2017/02/15/nasa-heeding-trump-considers-adding-astronauts-to-a-practice-moon-mission/?tid=ss_mail&utm_term=.8463c2c2921e

Other urls found in this thread:

therichest.com/rich-list/the-biggest/20-shocking-nasa-inventions-we-use-everyday/
youtu.be/NlXG0REiVzE?t=3m
youtube.com/watch?v=lNiscigIgBc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

so we're going to get great again by reenacting trumps childhood. makes so much sense /s

they aren't gonna do this
it would be too flagrantly unsafe
SLS should be cancelled immediately
massive waste of money

>another moon mission

Why don't we use the Astronauts for Mars instead? I thought we found everything there is on the moon already.

Nasa is now and has always been a giant waste of money. We have seen literally no return for our investment and despite the fact that our flag is on the moon. It's technically not our territory

What a shit load of fuck

>B-B-BUT MUH STAR TREK FANTASIES

It's the best heavy lifter in use currently. Why don't you take your pussy footing somewhere else?

A quarterback doesn't throw a hail mary to the other endzone from his own 1 yard line

>in use currently
???
It hasn't fucking launched yet and won't till 2019 minimum
They can't do a full vehicle thrust test burn with their solid rockets

The space program has greatly accelerated technological advances. Go the fuck back to the 1910s and have fun with your soup lines, fucktard, you should probably go back to mexico too, before ICE finds you.

nasa's primary purpose has always been defense related. the 'science' was just a cover

Sorry, I was thinking of Delta. What is so unsafe about SLS?

>Gov spend many money developing new techs for "space exploration"
>Tech become available to American companies
>American company get shiny tech for almost free.

Name 1 single thing space exploration has done to advance jack shit. You can't.

>if you hate useless wasted resources then you hate all technology!

Arent they researching medicines and shit with 0 gravity?

all new rockets have failures
And this SLS is an outrageous waste of money
They started it like 20 years ago under the constellation program, and its still going
It was supposed to be launched in 2016 latest, so they are scrapping together a test launch for 2018/2019
Then developing a new rocket for a mid 2020's launch

Just a giant make work program so some old fuckers keep their paychecks

Rocket technology. BOOM REKT FAGGOT. Learn to love space exploration, or move to mexico you fucking faggot.

Oh i get it. Thank you, that rings a bell. From what I remember Constellation was a really wasteful way to get to Mars too, but it's been a while since i've looked into it so I might be mixed up on that as well.

Yeah, but nigger gibs are a better choice? We're spending money anyway, let's spend it on humanity-defining shit, instead of SpaceX and Tesla larping the potential of humans in space.

Mylar and velcro. Probably advanced restraint systems for retard wrangling.

You're just mad Canada can't piggyback on American achievement this time

ICBMs bro

What is Satellites?

eat ur burger mr merilard

People commenting here are trolls or retards. ITs not stupid to send men to the moon. Its not like there aren't more experiments they could do up there.

The point of sending men to the moon is inspiring people and showing our enemies we still have balls. Its a moral boost to the country and a reinforcement that the USA is the greatest country on earth. Its not a stupid idea or a waste of money. There are far far stupider expenditures that no one gives a shit about.

Whoa wait a second. I own the moon and I didn't hear about this. Must be a conspiracy.

*puts on tinfoil hat*

ayy lmao!

Meteorology
GPS
Communications

>The point of sending men to the moon is inspiring people and showing our enemies we still have balls. Its a moral boost to the country and a reinforcement that the USA is the greatest country on earth. Its not a stupid idea or a waste of money. There are far far stupider expenditures that no one gives a shit about.

This

It's "Because We Can".

Leftists have insectile mindsets, always thinking of what is optimal in the short term. How do you measure the social and economic impact of showing people walking on the moon yet again, just in a far more fancy way than decades ago?

Reminds me of one of the first episodes of the show that replaced the Colbert Report- they had bill nye and niel degrasse tyson, and the libtard cronies on that show couldnt shut up about how they as minorities dont give a shit about space, and caring about space over directly helping minorities is white privilege.

Boring, get to Mars already burger!

Who gives a shit? None of those matter as much as what Steve Jobs did by inventing the iphone.

>on Sup Forums
>haha who cares about communications technology

What if space X ran the flight to mars.

therichest.com/rich-list/the-biggest/20-shocking-nasa-inventions-we-use-everyday/
Go fuk yoself

Moon:
>easier to get to and maintain an outpost on
>ice content in the poles allows for fuel production for more efficient launches to other places in a low-gravity environment
>large soil He3 content may eventually allow for a convenient fusion energy resource
Mars
>it was popular to write sci-fi about it in the 50s

Sup Forums again proves it is a bunch of redditors, forever trapped in the DUDE COLONY RIGHT NOW LMAO mentality.

Nuclear missiles. They rely on the same technology conventional space rockets use, and they're pretty much the only thing that has kept the world largely at peace since WW2.

Wow, thats really lame, doesn't surprise me.

well said

we can't send anyone there anyways

I guess wasting $20 billion on a stupid wall wasn't enough, now we also have to waste a billion more dollars sending people to a big rock. Trump is so fucking stupid.

youtu.be/NlXG0REiVzE?t=3m

>Leafs make a spacepole and have their strong neighbors to the south take it into space
What term should we use to describe this kind of situation?
Something like BLACKED, but to apply to Americans
BURGED could technically work but I don't like it much, we could just stick with BLACKED

bait

youtube.com/watch?v=lNiscigIgBc

>barely scraped the surface
>found everything

>we are going to back to plant a second flag

They went around it when going to the moon. Up and over.

Photoshop