Are intelligent people prone to fear?

Here is my claim:
The smarter you are, the more you are afraid of. What does Sup Forums think?

Obligatory pic related

BRAINLETS BTFO

Smart people fear what they don't understand

everyone fears what they dont understand. Im more asking, is there a reason why smart people are such cowards?

>tfw to intelligent to be brave

neurotic people tend to stress over safety more but high neuroticism doesn't necessarily translate into intelligence and can in many cases be crippling

Wow this really makes me think.

define neuroticism

>The smarter you are, the more you are a failure
Being afraid is irrational, being angry and decisive is more rational. Also not political

Can't really answer
Don't have the perspective needed for it.

>Being afraid is irrational
This makes absolutely no sense

I don't think so, millions of normies are afraid of ghosts, the devil, etc... things that doesn't exist.

the mental attribute that governs the need for control and the amount of energy one is willing to squander in the pursuit of it. related to or influenced by sensitivity/bluntness, sensitive people tend to be more neurotic because their emotional stake in reality is higher.

>mental attribute that governs the need for control and the amount of energy one is willing to squander in the pursuit of it.
please rephrase this

>why smart people are such cowards
If you mean being cautious, the answer is obvious.
If you mean being just afraid, then you're wrong

Care to explain? Being afraid, like constantly being in a state of a fear, is irrational, you spend your emotional resources on harming yourself, you could spend it on solving problems you face and fixing your position instead. It's as irrational as feeling shame. I don't say that being cautious is wrong or understanding shamefulness of some actions is irrational, I say that prolonged feeling is a literal Jewish trick to make people harm themselves, and smart people don't fall into Jewish tricks.

This is not a secret.

But it's a curse rather than an advantage.

>stupid ones are full of confidence
So he says that all Jews, esp. at the top are just stupid

Its more about personality than inteligence

people want to control outcomes of situations based on their subjective evaluation of how they'll feel when future various outcomes will occur. a persons degree of neuroticism governs the extent to which a person will try to control the outcome. for example, if you try to sleep in the woods you might be too afraid to sleep, but eventually you'll get so tired to the point where your vigilance will erode and you'll fall asleep. the greater your neuroticism is the more vigilant you'll be and the longer you'll last, because you'll try harder to stay awake. a person with low neuroticism might not even try to stay awake and won't mind sleeping in the woods.

To say something is irrational you have to weigh cost-benefit. The emotion of fear is inherently rational. I'd rather you explain why you think fear is irrational

I don't think smarter people are "afraid" of more, per se.

Smarter people tend to analyze situations more and come up with a wider variety of possible outcomes than stupid people.

This is why stupid people are more likely to just act out on any random impulse, because they are not thinking about the possible repercussions of their actions. It's not that they lack fear, it's just that their thought process doesn't go as far. Smarter people are more likely to think before the act. Stupid people are just as "afraid," except they're more likely to be afraid AFTER they realize "oh shit, I just did that, I fucked up."

>at the top are just stupid
Talk to any CEO or president of any country, They are usually ranged between dumb and normie levels of intelligence.

The "smartest" people usually die forgotten and in misery: Galileo, Isaac Newton, any mathematician, Einstein, Curies, etc.....

Stern Mummy is a lovely Mummy.

> The emotion of fear is inherently rational.
And this is where you are absolutely wrong.

> I'd rather you explain
I already did:

> Being afraid, like constantly being in a state of a fear, is irrational, you spend your emotional resources on harming yourself, you could spend it on solving problems you face and fixing your position instead. It's as irrational as feeling shame. I don't say that being cautious is wrong or understanding shamefulness of some actions is irrational, I say that prolonged feeling is a literal Jewish trick to make people harm themselves, and smart people don't fall into Jewish tricks.

>imblying Jews at the top are just CEOs
No

Are you 17 and high on weed dude lmao right now?

Absolutely correct. Stupid people seem more likely to not be able to imagine consequences for actions. Intelligent people actually weight up a situation instead of ignorantly declaring THIS WILL BE FINE LOL.

MUMMY

There is something in the brain called GABA that anxious people have less of and when you drink alcohol it increases your GABA levels massively which is why it chills you out.

There's obviously a link with self-awareness and GABA levels

AFAIK poor uneducated people with high self-awareness end up psychotic but rich people with high self-awareness end up geniuses

i mean, i had a doctor that tried to tell me that anxiety can be a sign of intelligence because "it takes a certain degree of intelligence to be able to torture yourself with your own thoughts" but that sounded like some jewy gobbledigook.

Smarter people can picture more outcomes and think more quickly so that they have more free time to think of dangerous situations to worry about.

Smarter you are, the more you come to realize the problems of the world.The direction its going in, and how much everyone is fucked.

This is a good example, saving this. So how do you know when intelligence becomes detrimental in everyday life? Isn't it paradoxical to say that high intelligence leads to worse life? In other words, why should high intelligence be revered?

I don't get this. You only fear something when you have too little information to understand how to deal with it. You fear something that you cannot defeat or accept.

Who /x/ heer?

This. All kinds of this.

HNNNNGGGGG Mummy

>What does Sup Forums think?
No. The more intelligent you are the more you should be able to rationalize fear away. It's one thing to be cautious and another to be fearful.

Only the paranoid survive.

Dissociating from emotions isnt healthy user.

This is the face I see when I'm fantasising about Mummy catching me peeking into her toilet cubicle.

Dumb people aren't able to effectively assess systemic risk. OP is probably correct. On the other hand, smart people should be able to more accurately picture the relatively infrequency of events like plane crashes and even terrorist attacks. So there's that.

>Don't have the perspective needed for it.
What did you mean by this?

Yeah, but if you really are fucking stupid, you won't perceive the shit that makes more perceptive people worry. At least I think that's what OP was asking about.

Mummy I'll be a good boy. Let me cummy in tummy mummy.

This is the kind of content I imagine would be on T*mblr.

Gas yourselves and read Pynchon.

EASTERN PHILOSOPHY BTFO

Stupid people are too stupid to be afraid of things. It is the type of person who goes up to a wild animal thinking it is like their dog and can cuddle it.

unless you dissociate hard enough it stays that way forever!

god i love Sup Forums

Yes.

I have not left the house for nearly 6 years, OP.

If you were really smart you would know for your own benefit not to care. Unless fear makes you happy of course.

Sorry to shit up my own thread but i need to post this

That's how broken people function. Truth be told I sometimes wish I was a sociopath. Might make some things easier.

I know that standing in front of a train will kill me. That doesn't mean I should fear trains.

This is why I don't mind the jews posting here

Are we talking about rational v irrational fear now? Not really what I was thinking

what if when you break hard enough you become invincible

It's the opposite actually. Psychopaths have high IQs. You are projecting, laughable and retarded.

I suspect it doesn't work that way.

Intelligent people are in control of their emotions, whatever they may be

Let me break it down for you.

Intelligence + Wealth = Fearless

Intelligence - Wealth = Fearful

>projecting
Cool I guess thats the end of the argument then. Everybody pack up we got the smartest guy right here

omfg wife goals

Slavs aren't white

She is fun to look at.

Are you bitter because you can not compete? 0/10

Mummy is beautiful

Psychopaths are unpredictable and it's very difficult to analyse them.

Smarter people can come up with more theoretical threatening results for events that unfold before them, but that alone doesn't automatically make you more scared. Some people (mainly beings lacking in testosterone) will be terrified by the (increased) probability of failure, others will just yolo it.

Cowards are cowards, being one doesn't make you smart

False. If you are a chicken shit you limit your own intelligence threw fear. Being afraid also reduces critical thinking. Not to mention that any intelligent person knows we could all die any moment for any number of reasons so it is unproductive to catalog those possibilities.

I'm reading the bible atm.

Fear is irrational by default.

Sorry to hear.

i like her too but what is that jacket .
my god look at those hands i can only picture them on my brown cock

i think its no matter what your afraid. but it depends on how you grow up weather you become a pussy or a chad. shit mostly depends on how much you get ur ass kicked when you like 2

No idea.

I do not fear what I don't understand, I understand and fear because others do not understand and do not fear what they should.

>drops mic, turns 360° and walks away in 7/8

That was difficult to read until I got to the greentext.

This

humans are animals
animals are built to survive
intelligence is key to human survival
intelligence leads to stress and anxiety
both of which actually help us survive
tfw hyperautism and social ineptitude is the peak of human potential

smart people understand the relationship between risk and reward

cute

Theres a thin line between a rational risk reward calculation and being a faggot.

Can't tell who's worse, BRAAAAP or mummy posters

>Here is my claim:
>The smarter you are, the more you are afraid of. What does Sup Forums think?
That you must be fearless, if that's the case.

Drakeposters

>to
Lifetime lurker here. It's post like these that keep me coming back

It sounds like you're just trying to justify being paranoid.

The smarter you are the more you realize that you know so little, the thing is, you accept that truth as something you may not be able to change so you're fine with it because why waste time trying to change something that does not have the capacity to change?

True bravery is had only by those who are intelligent enough to see the risks but charge forward anyway.

Truth. But it is also frequently ascribed to idiots who simply don't know any better.

Mummy... I love you tho

Threado is deado.