Good evening, Sup Forums. For a slight change of pace I'd like to offer life, career...

Good evening, Sup Forums. For a slight change of pace I'd like to offer life, career, and relationship advice for those who which to seek it from me.

I'm in my early 30's, married, and working a professional career earning just over six figures. If you're not interested in seeking my advice, that's fine too. You're also welcome to come hang out and engage in some light hearted conversation.

*wish.

Welp, fucked up already.

Hi user, more or less the same here. Two kids. It's great, though I do miss the free time I used to enjoy in my 20s. Are you working as an independent or did you choose the way of the long march through the corporations like me?

ill bite. whats the best industry ( in your opinion) for the unchained young male with moderate education and a desire to learn but few current skills to make his fortune in?

Hey user. At times I miss it as well, but I doubt I would trade to go back. Life is good where I'm at. I was fortunate to jump up the ladder quickly and I'm at the top of my career already (corporate route). How's your march going?

I'm about to graduate in 2 months with an information systems degree and feel like I haven't learned anything. I can't program worth shit because they barely taught us any programming and feel like I have no useful skills for the job market. Should I just go into sales or something? Had an interview today for a software development position and with how much technical stuff the interviewers expected me to know it dawned on me that I don't know jack shit about IT. At my uni the IS program is part of the business school, so I feel like I can just go into marketing or something that doesn't require any real skills just a degree.

The trades. There is a huge myth surrounding the "need" for a 4 year degree to be successful. Technical schools where you learn trades are an excellent path. Electrician, diesel mechanic, any sort of trained technician to fix systems. In my area you can go to a tech school for a couple years (and for relatively low cost) and come out with a job earning 60k starting in a low cost-of-living area. You'll top out around 80k to 90k.

Depends on your character. If you think you can stomach the corporate life, professional services or insurance can be a fruitful bet.
If you're more of a manual type, go technical, like electrician/locksmith/carpenter. You'll make good money and never lack work, plus you're not behind an office. Concrete work is rewarding.

Sounds like you got jacked by your university. I'm sorry to hear. Do you have any internship opportunities to get into? If you double down and work hard they generally turn into real jobs if you perform well.

>only making just above six figures
>thinks he's qualified to give advice

Get over yourself you inbred nigger.

Hi friend. Can we hang out sometime.

What's your job?

With digits like those, you know it.

- very good advice imo, ive always toyed with the idea of learning a trade, and since i live in a more rural area i may one day jump ship to that.

- funny you mention insurance, thats the industry im currently in, although its tough in a rural area trying to climb the ladder, only making around 35k atm. I could move to a city i suppose, but I really hat the atmosphere there, grew up in it.

I'm a 25 year old ex degenerate living with my folks. making $16 an hour now and wanting more.

thinking about getting into sales. any general advice based off that?

I would never go back, I'm a much better man now and I couldn't picture myself without my kids. I just miss the free time. If you're in your early 30s you're nowhere near the top, you can aim for much higher in terms of income/responsibilities.
As of me I'm enjoying a good position in a solid, fast growing global company with a lot of upward routes. Very good network and interpersonal skills thanks to years in sales roles and counting. I'm seriously thinking of climbing high in the ladder moving forward, infiltrate the highly liberal world of corporate governance.

I guess I could start applying for internships as opposed to actual career jobs like I have been recently. I just hardly see any worthwhile IT internships that result in real skills, most are just help desk tier bullshit.

Why do people come on the internet and lie? On a political board of all places as well.

Good to see these threads popping up.

I was wondering, how did you come to find yourself in the career you are in now?

The reason I am asking is because I'm raising money to go to college now, and am extremely interested in both biology and genetics. I'd love to manage some sort of business related to that. Did you set out pursuing your interests or did you aim for high paying career instead?

You're me at that age so don't let that get you down. What is your educational and work experience background?

Insurance won't get you anywhere in a rural area, you need to enjoy urban life and move to a major hub. If you prefer rural life then yeah trade is the way to go.

Keep at both. The goal is to get your foot in the door in a place where there is opportunity for advancement.

If you don't mind taking people's money and pretending to like them you can do very well in sales and it's a good career.

>muh everything is a Jew-induced lie
>everybody is shilling
> I don't know who I am any more

are you jewish?

napalm yourself

time for bed angry user-kun

Do one or two full years at a help desk and you'll learn ten times what you learned in school and you'll become MUCH more employable. College means shit, a year or two of real life work experience means a ton. You learn the most working in a business or office of some variety - pick an industry that sounds fun to be around if you can, but take anyone serious who will play you to do work to get your start. internships are a scam, don't work for free.

Through trial and error in college, actually. Major flopped twice before ending up with the degrees I did.

If your interest is in biology and genetics then you have several doors open to you. Genomics is a rapidly growing field in medicine. Non-human variants are also promising. Going straight to managing your own business related to it is a risk you'll need to weigh. Generally I'd advise to seek employment in the field first to get a good understanding of it before off shooting into your own business.

Luckily my interests and high paying career were compatible.

Raised Lutheran.

high school diploma, some community college, been involved in graphics and printing the last 4 years or so. not sure how to make the jump into something bigger than production

My knowledge in that field is lacking so I'm unable to give good advice. I apologize, user.

Piggybacking off this...

Sales skill is transferable. If you can sell X, you can sell Y.

you dont have to, i appreciate the effort. this thread does feel a bit like data mining though.

in ten years I hope to have a good career, a good start on a family and a nice place to raise them.

Wisconsin or Missouri synod

college taught me absolutely nothing that i hadn't already known. i'm closing in on 300K USD annually, and strongly believe I could earn more on my own.

if you're working in technology, nearly everything you'd desire to know is available via the internet. you're weak for blaming for university for your failure.

I'm already making over six figures but I can't manage to even get past making out with a girl

I'm 20 years old and in my third year of college and going to really hot parties every single weekend

I also lift almost every day and am in extremely good shape and am not a manlet

Really just want to lose my v card since I can already do everything else in life easily, but it seems like an impossible task

thats kind of my thought and i figure it doesn't have to be soulless if you really believe that what you sell will help the client. I want to sell good products.

ELCA. I'm not hardcore into it, though (which is probably to be expected of ELCA upbringing).

He doesn't know what he needs to learn, though. That's what he can get from working in a real life IT department. From there he can figure out a path.

What do you suspect is the mental block? Trying too hard? Find something unappealing which you can't get over?

It doesn't have to be. Like with most jobs getting the foot in the door is key - you'll then learn what sales is and how the job functions. From there you can leverage selling experience to get into other jobs. Similarly, if you have an existing skill/trade you can easily leverage that knowledge into sales in the same field, for example selling the products and services you now consume in your current role. Sales is pretty straightforward - some people can do it, some people can't, and sales managers can generally spot the difference

To those who are pitching in advice as well; thank you. Just wanted to say that.

Dude, if you're 20 years old, making over six figures, IN COLLEGE WHERE ALL THE FUCKING GIRLS ARE, in extremely good shape, and still a virgin, you are FUCKED! Go see a physician and see if he'll help you kill yourself.

How much money do you need to start investing in the stock market

should I start a Roth IRA or a 401k?

I'm a web developer. I can't code for shit and my boss has dropped me in a new project that totally exposes my lack of knowledge. He has given me until next Friday to learn React, Angular2, and set up a web service through Mulesoft.

I'm desperate to find another job that isn't so development heavy. Anyone have advice on a job I could get based on my development experience, but that actually isn't a developer?

1) I very commonly find myself talking to my numerous male friends at parties which wastes a lot of potential time to talk to girls

2) When I do talk to girls, most of the time the easiest ones for me to talk to are like 6/10. The conversations will tend to go pretty well naturally, but I have almost no sexual interest in them. There will be pauses in the conversation when we're just looking at each other's eyes and I pretty much just think that I'm not attracted to them and I don't feel like kissing them even though I know I can. The several times I have made out with a girl has been in a scenario like that where I'm so drunk that I don't care that they're not hot and make out with them anyways

3) Occasionally I will talk to a hotter girl who I am very attracted to, but they'll never be auto attracted to me the way 6s and below are. Thus, I have a lot more work to do in the social interaction and it never works out well for me

Eh, my life is nearly perfect outside of girls so there's no reason to kill myself imo

You're never gonna make more than approximately a 5% increase in your investment every year, so think about how much money you would need to invest for a 5% increase to be worth your while

If the 401k is decent you should be doing both.

Some real advice - if you're young, don't worry about trying to hard or doing too much. No adult gives a fuck about you until you're over 25 - that's when your life really starts. Figure out what makes you tick and what you like, don't like, etc, when you're young. Exploring the world around you (social, work, knowledge, all of it) and taking opportunities as they come to get experiences is the right path for the young. Along the way you'll gain insight into yourself, the world, and other people. Most people don't know what they want until their late 20's. The way it goes is that you really don't know what you want until one day, you do. That's when it's time to get serious and goal-oriented. For the college student making six figures who can't get laid: take the summer and go backpack somewhere in the world BY YOURSELF. There are other solo travelers and you'll see them at the hostels and along the well-defined path. You have enough money to not work all summer. You will find people who want to fuck you and learn a million things about yourself. You're in a privileged position, do what others have to work for a decade to attempt. My best general life advice is avoid getting addicted to drugs and alcohol. Smoking and coffee and weed sometimes and drinks on the weekend aren't going to ruin your life but everything in moderation and appreciate sobriety - most things are better sober desu.

I literally work in the field of meme warfare.

Shareblue doesn't pay for shit and you won't be able to put it on your resume within a few years.

Just Google Army 37F, friend

Take up a mental state of "just do it". You're young. The dick will get hard. Make her scream. With any luck she'll tell her friends who might be hotter and your reputation will spread.

OP how do I take over the world?

OP here. Going to head to bed. Hopefully I've been of some worthwhile help. Take care.

wakey wakey wagecuck

I can help you get laid, pal. But you won't listen, guys like you never do. You're a nice person. You think that will attract a girl eventually.

Well here's how it really works:

The prime psychological motivator for women is USUALLY their own self-loathing. I know that sounds wrong, how can a 10/10 girl possibly hate herself. Well, she does, and you'll never understand why because you are a man - you just have to accept it.

Now, as long as you treat that girl better than she thinks she deserves to be treated, she'll never respect you. How can she respect someone who respects her more than she respects herself.

Be aloof. Be unavailable. Be something girls can make a play for - because right now you're fucking easy, I can just see you standing around at these so-called parties, smiling, every good-looking girl in the room knowing she could have you just by winking at you.

But what does that prove? How does that boost her self-esteem? It doesn't, you're played, you play yourself.

You want to get some fucking pussy? You gotta have the attitude: you don't care if she comes, stays, lays, or plays, your toes are still tappin'. You're doing your own thing, you've got WAY more important things to worry about than women, so if a woman wants to get with you, she's gonna have to show YOU something. You're a challenge - the girl who lands you has done something, boosted her profile, she's dating UP.

Take my advice or don't. But if you don't, you're gonna live a long, sad life, friend.

Make a TODO list, go online and try to figure out how to do your stuff as fast as possible. Hack it into place. Later on, when you get more into the details of the framework you can clean up your code if you got some spare time here and there.

But don't ever make the mistake to set up things properly, when you aren't an expert in these frameworks. Just meet the basic requirements of the software.

Doing a "good job" won't ever be honored in our line of work. All they wanna see is results and they wanna see them quickly.

And guess who will be in for a raise: the guy that progressed slowly but steadily, has a good test coverage and a clean and well documented code or the guy that brought results to the table? The latter one! The good coder has to clean up his mess and will be stuck in his place.