These fagmobiles are taking over. Will electric cars play any significant role in the future...

These fagmobiles are taking over. Will electric cars play any significant role in the future, or is it some niche hippy shit that'll blow over in a few years?

Other urls found in this thread:

sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S135223101630187X
collective-evolution.com/2014/03/05/thorium-powered-car-could-run-100-years-on-just-8-grams-of-fuel/
youtube.com/watch?v=ON-7v4qnHP8
spiegel.de/auto/aktuell/bundeslaender-wollen-benzin-und-dieselautos-ab-2030-verbieten-a-1115671.html
futurism.com/theres-no-argument-against-nuclear-power/
ec.europa.eu/transport/themes/strategies/2011_white_paper_en
ec.europa.eu/transport/themes/urban/urban_mobility/green_paper_en
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Once battery technology improves they will become the norm, but currently they are enviroment destroying smugness inducing suicide machines. Lithium mining destroys ecosystems.

There will be time when batteries are more efficient and you can drive much longer than conventional fuel run car and then they will become the obvious choise.

They have to quadruple the battery size and make them charge in less than eight fucking hours.
Its a sham for now, unless you holding stock shares in that shit then I guess you are printing money because government are cuckholds.

>hurrrr durrrrrrrr let's keep buying Arab oil so they can fund terrorism! Durrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Since you're Norwegian you should know how expensive cars are here. Electric cars get subsidized by the state and got loads of privileges when it comes to parking, road toll and bus lanes. There's no surprise people choose an electric car for in and around cities.

>niche
I hate my country so much

We could use, umm, norwegian oil. I love big chevys and pickup trucks. Hate hybrid autists.

No. Building them takes more fossil fuels than it does to build a car and run it for a year.

In future, when petroleum is in limited supply, the well to do and successful will drive, the middle and working classes will ride motorcycles or mass-commute (dormitories at most businesses and companies will become the norm.; you can sleep in your own apartment on weekends). The poor will use bicycles or simply walk.

Owning and operating your own car or truck will become a mark of prestige and success, as it should be. As it once was, so shall it be again.

well you could just use natural gas combustion engines. alot cleaner and cheaper.

I wish loud fucking machines didnt have to die.

>Modern cars all around
>20 year old Volvo on the left that probably still runs like a sewing machine

but they're ugly as shit.

redpill me on lithium

What do they use to charge the batteries?
So, still reliant

Better keep burning fossil fuels, then. It's been proven by lobbyists that they don't destroy anything. It's not like within the next 50-75 years we won't be mining that lithium from asteroids.

tek doesnt work, lucky to get 80 miles with heater on

EU to ban combustion engine personal cars by 2030.

I know you're not EU, but if the EU exists that long, yes, they will play a significant role.

They are the future, at least in crowded cities.
It would solve many of the problems we have with fuel cars here. (Noise, air quality)
Also electricity is A LOT easier to transport than petrol, and is more versatile in the sense that it can be produced in multiple ways, making the country less dependent on oil imports

in northern norway the distances are too great for the cuck mobiles so they will never overtake anything here. cities like tromso or Bodo it is probably fine

Fuck batteries and plug ins, call me when they have small reactors as power supply. What happened to the thorium powered car project that was a thing couple of years ago?

Wind power, solar, geothermal.

Not everyone's as backwards as you fucks are.

Why do you want to ban them, Juncker?

Things that wont happen for 400$ Alex.

Yeah when one solarroof is enough to power house+car. When graphene (no resistance electricity) is used in batteries, instant reload.

And the price lower than fossil, yes then we are ready. Because of the cost obviously. You are free to use whatever you like, but once the free market prices this lower, people will use it.

Very simple economics.

The only reason to own one now is if you live in or around a city. But yes, they are ugly as fuck (if you exclude Teslas).

>We're near for a future in 20 or so years where they try and restrict and discourage driving yourself instead of using a self-driving car

These two cars are both owned by SV-voters. They also both work for the kommune (steigen)

>Will electric cars play any significant role in the future
ofc they will
anything renewable is the future.

There's nothing fundamentally wrong with electric cars. Their power comes from burning coal anyway.

At the moment they're pure virtue signaling.

I don't know very much about eletrical engineering, but I'm pretty sure unless we come up with a more or less completely new form of battery, loading times and driving distance are going to stay utter shit.
The "fast-charging" systems that exist now still take an hour or so and aren't very healthy for the batteries.

Maybe if prices drop by a lot, they'll find more adopters (Most people would be willing to pay at most 10% more for electric than a comparable gasoline-driven car). But their efficiency and loading times aren't going to change much. Tesla's just manage it because they have huge batteries. Besides the superchargers (which are bad for the batteries and don' charge completely anyways), Teslas need 40+ hours to charge completely on a normal wall outlet.

PS: Didn't you fags hate Saudi Arabia?
Supporting things like electric cars would help setting them back to the Stone Age

>solar
Yeah because it works so well up here, last november we had like 2 hours of sunlight in the whole month. Fucking hippies and their (((tech)))

Highly explosive if exposed to water, or air. so if the batteries rupture say goodbye to your skin. Mining it pollutes the mining area and nearby water reserves. Its highly scarse so jews have a monopoly on it and can rise the prices on a whim. also the batteries only last for 3-6 years. But Im not an expert of this area so I might be wrong on some accounts.

Mining lithium from asteroids for use on earth sounds like a retarded idea to me. There is a decent amount on earth, and you cant just crash a lithium meteor on earth without a massive explosion, and controlled landing with the technology we will have in 100 years will be impossible.

There was a Facebook pic floating round a while back that used a photo of oil tar sands to 'prove' that lithium mining was destroying the environment. Actually lithium is 'mined' in deserts and does fuck all environmental damage.

est

Funny how pol becomes environmentalists when something threatens the oil industry.

Electric cars currently create more pollution than standard fossil fuel cars, even discounting the considerable environmental impact resulting from junking an old car to buy a new one.
Electric cars are much heavier than comparable models of gas cars due to their batteries. This means it takes more energy to stop, which takes a serious toll on their brake pads.
Study link: sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S135223101630187X

REEEEEEEE. I will always drive an fossil fuel car anyway.

Solar doesn't need direct sunlight. Also, the fact your country is a frozen shithole doesn't mean the rest of the world is.

Nuclear power is currently the cleanest source of energy that can be expanded on. hydro energy is cleaner but highly limited. Nuclear power has the problem on mining it, same as lithium, but you need alot less. for the amount needed for batteries you could have mined enough energy to power the car for your lifetime. and after you are done with the fissile material you can just dump it in a mountain or bedrock.

Is this some poor excuse to show off our magnificent country?

Gas cars are convenient anyway.

Well if you want to run the panels at

From an article about the study, if you're too lazy to read the whole thing:
Particulate matter consists of small particles and liquid droplets — everything from hydrocarbons to lead, zinc, and iron — suspended in the air. Even if it’s not in a gaseous state, it’s still air pollution, and sometimes called “particle pollution.”

“Numerous scientific studies have linked particle pollution exposure to a variety of problems, including:premature death in people with heart or lung disease; nonfatal heart attacks;irregular heartbeat; aggravated asthma; decreased lung function; and increased respiratory symptoms, such as irritation of the airways, coughing or difficulty breathing,”according to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.

Engine exhaust does contribute particulate matter, but since car manufacturers have focused on reducing engineemissions, they nowonly contribute 10 to 15 percent of the particulate matter from modern internal-combustion vehicles. The majority come instead from tires, brakes, and dust kicked up from road surfaces.

Electric-powered vehicles, of course, have no exhaust emissions. However, because they’re 24 percent heavier on average, the study found that EVsshed more particulate matter from tires and brakes, and also kick up more particulate matter from road surfaces.

The biggest photovoltaic powerpark in the planet is 14km2 in size and produces a pathetic 850MW in power, you get the same results with one reactor

Nah it's to show the freedom americans have brough us with the car.

There are not alot of gas refueling stations, and I doubt that will change, unless we start using hydrogen or something similiar.

Tesla is literally apple tier rebranding of shit.

>Once battery technology improves
this guy is right

When it comes to storage electrical energy, we are like in the Stoneage and thiw wont change in the next few years

it's not the only type of solar energy. solar furnaces produce electricity quite cheaply, but are alot less effective on Power/Area.

Do u live on mount everest?

I love fuel cells

Electric cars have insane acceleration. People will want them for their performance. Theres really no argument for internal combustion other than the fuel has high energy density and so its great for things like snowmobiles or out of the way off road things. Electric just has better performance and so there is really no reason to be against them.

collective-evolution.com/2014/03/05/thorium-powered-car-could-run-100-years-on-just-8-grams-of-fuel/

Yes nuclear is efficient, its a shame that people cant say anything else than "muh chernobyl" when someone tries to advance that tech...

Sorry mate. Make way for the Yorkshire countryside

That is also assuming battery technology improves, which it hasn't much in the last 10 years. Its not going to happen recently. but you are right.

I fucking hope not, my electricity bill is skyrocketing as it is.

Why the fuck would you crash it? You cut out what you need and transport it.

gas=gasoline

>if the EU exists that long

That's a big if. Electric cars will take off when power storage improves (see today vs 10 years ago, batteries are much better and usage is much higher). Biggest role government will play is standardising the recharge nozzle.

holy fuck you old farts, have you heard of these new things called Teslas? They dont look supremely gay, they dont take billion years gulag to charge, they drive faster than whatever shit car you have now, and they have self driving capabilities. Get with the times grand dads

Lithium is not mined in the same way iron or copper is mined in huge ass holes in the ground. It's found naturally as salts in underground brine. We bring it to the surface and evaporate the salt out in huge pools in the desert. Google "lithium evaporation" and gtfo with your luddite bullshit

visited EBC once with my physics class, but no, I dont live near it.

Fuck battery power. Still nothing that comes close to fossil fuels in terms of power. Gas the cars race wars now!

Electricity could be provided by LFTR nuclear plants. It's just that for the time being it's cheaper to use fossil fuels.

Electric cars aren't yet ready for primetime, but as batteries improve they will be. They have unbeatable acceleration and no engine noise.

Implying oil does not do that already.

yuck that car.

>Why do you want to ban them, Juncker?

youtube.com/watch?v=ON-7v4qnHP8

>Things that wont happen for 400$ Alex.

spiegel.de/auto/aktuell/bundeslaender-wollen-benzin-und-dieselautos-ab-2030-verbieten-a-1115671.html

No new combustion engine cars sold, that is.

If the EU hasn't gone tits up by then, this will be pushed through.

Well nuclear reactors are alot less safe in europe because of all the refugees, but on the technical side, probability of a nuclear meltdown in modern rectors in so close to zero it is irrelevant.

>one solar power station produces same amount as one reactor

Sounds good to me. Obviously area is bigger for solar plants because that's how they operate. Might as well compare solar vs nuclear on uranium requirements.

Electric cars are for fags or for people who want to look like a fag.

internal combustion charging a capacitor with electric transmission would be superior.

Electric is just better. And if we use electric transmissions we may as well just use a battery

Electricity is not an energy source. They are a bitch on the environment.

Nigger faggot shills.

This guy gets it. Electric cars are perpetuated by marketing to neo-liberal faggot scum who drink nothing but starbuck lattes.

Let's see your car then, pal.

Indeed smart Nepal man

futurism.com/theres-no-argument-against-nuclear-power/

Atmospheric entry vehicles cost a lot of money to haul up into space. it wont be cost effective to bring it back that way.

Yea Tesla is nice in a city you fucking mongoloid, but try to use that tech in any construction vehicle anywhere and your precious hipsterwagon tech is utterly fucking useless
>be on a construction site
>teslatier excavator works for 0,2 minutes
>well guys, we need to wait for 14 hours to continue

Nice. I've only been in London and that was a nightmare. Maybe I'll give the Isles a new chance.

Electric cars are part of the process of feminizing men. Electricity is cool, but it is too safe and reliable of transportation. Men need something with danger and passion to operate. It fuels our explorer genetics.

>A
>FUCKING
>NISSAN
>LEAF

in all seriousness I looked into shelling out 35k (I believe, they don't sell them here) for an imported e-Golf and came to the conclusion that it is economocally more viable to get a turbodiesel both in running costs and resale value
my main problem with plug-in EVs is the state electric distribution monopoly and a plethora of taxes, levies and contributions on top of what one consumes, in fact the latter amounts to barely 1/3 of the bill; one can only imagine how that would pan out in case of significantly bigger consumption by EV charging

ec.europa.eu/transport/themes/strategies/2011_white_paper_en

ec.europa.eu/transport/themes/urban/urban_mobility/green_paper_en

There's a lot of talking here based on feelings of the individual. Here's something concrete for anyone of you to read.

>fagmobiles
Yeha because giving the sandniggers money is hetro as fuck rite?

It does destroy ecosystems, but nobody cares about sandniggers and their habitats.

With the current tech, you can fulfill all your driving needs and just charge it overnight.

It's good enough already for most consumers. It's not for everyone, but it's for enough people that the market is responding.

And when a full charge costs me ~5kr, that is, 2.44 zloty, you can see the economical argument right? I mean, commercial Thorium reactors won't happen until 2018, but electricity is still dirt cheap until then.

You will never get as efficient solar powerstations as one nuclear reactor is. Never ever in gorillion years. Whats the point in covering half of the planet in panels and get fucking nothing out of it?

The problem is, that all electric cars on the road today that are sold, usually come with some government incentive. I know in America you can get all sorts of tax reductions and the sale of these cars is subsidized by the government. Additionally, manufacturers have to produce these cars to meet fuel efficiency mandates across a production line.

I cannot imagine Europe is much better than America in regards to this type of regulation. My point is that, I do not believe there would be as many of these vehicles on the road if they had to compete fairly with a conventional car.

What are trucks called in Norway?

I've never been in the countryside and it's a completely different atmosphere from city life.

If you get chance, do it. Just be prepared that you'll probably not get any 4G on your phone

>posts a bunch of obsolete cars with shit-tier aerodynamics

Go to bed Gramps

For a country of 26+ million I don't see a lot of your flag

with said, I recommend every user go for a test drive in virtually any EV, the performance is there and beats any pleb-tier IC engine on the market

I'd get one in a heartbeat if only I had access to sufficiently powerful private electric power generation capacity

>$0.50 petrodollars have been deposited into your account. The Saudi family thanks you for your continued support of the system that enables them to spread Wahhabism.

it's not zero-sum game. solar panels are an addition to other means of producing electricity. They don't have to cancel each other out even if one method can not produce all the electricity the world requires. Why so edgy?

Oh my mistake. I assumed the enviromental damage came from mining lithium, but its actually comes from the mining of other rare metals, that are needed in lithium batteries.

We're talking personal transport. Not Bob the builder's posse.

cant stand this nonsense. Own three vehicles all are GM all have V8s. I dont like driving little shitboxes becasue i dont want to sever my jugular in a minor fender bender. i have to travel for business i cant have soem 40 mile range piece of garbage. Also cant carry all my tools and supplies in a golf cart. If they take away north americans access to easy, self directed, long distance travel that will be a massive blow to personal freedom.

Retarded little bro.

batteries can provide a lot more power than gas, but the storage limits on energy are the problem.

50 years from now the internal combustion engine (for general private use) will be restricted to classic cars, requiring a special license to turn on and operate. Most commercial enterprises will adopt electric engines very rapidly in all reasonably practical circumstances due to efficiency and cost effectiveness. Internal combustion will be relegated to special duty applications where their noise and pollution are compensated by the value they bring back to their owners/operators.

This is called "the free market."