Cultural appropriation

en.rocketnews24.com/2017/02/17/japanese-twitter-seems-to-have-no-problems-with-karlie-kloss-geisha-photo-shoot/

>With the controversy over the model’s Vogue photos ongoing, has anyone bothered to check on how Japan feels?

The images have been making the rounds of the Japanese Internet, and Japanese Twitter users have had the following to say about them

>“What makes me angry is people getting upset and shouting that this is racist even as they ignore the sensibilities of people in Japan. It’s easy to see that they’re trying to use the situation to drum up business, and in the end, they don’t really care about what the people from the culture in question actually think. They’re psychopaths who get a sense of superiority by calling anything and everything racist until the other party bows its heads in shame.”

>“So foreigners see this and think it’s racist. But Japanese me sees this and has no idea what they’re talking about. The photos are cool. Karlie Kloss and Vogue magazine seem to have issued an apology. They may have big bodies, but foreigners sure are narrow-mindedly hung up on small things.”

>“I read that ‘People who saw the photos called them racist’ or said ‘Seriously? So if a white model dresses like a Japanese person, white people get worked up and call it racist. Makes no sense at all.”

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.com/news/blogs-trending-33450391
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

cd..

The best geiko was some ausie chick desu baka

Liberals are mentally insane.
Japanese people are not some impoverished tribe but a first world culture.
They actually LOVE IT if foreigners dress up in a kimono, the same way bavarians like seeing foreigners dress up in Lederhosn.
This is bullshit, liberals need to get the belt.

No Asian is ever offended over this kind of stuff. We think it's very cute and flattering that foreigners take interest in our culture and history.

no such thing

>white worshipping nips
>taking their cuck opinions srsly
pick one

People from the country like their culture to spread. Its only people disconnected from it that get upset.

The entire psychology behind cultural appropriation thinking from the left is legitimately racist and sheltered.

all too familiar
bbc.com/news/blogs-trending-33450391

Can confirm, 6 years here and Japanese people love it when foreigners take part in traditional Japanese stuff. I don't wear kimono or anything like that but I have seen many foreigners wearing them and no one bats an eye; if anything they are more likely to get compliments. I've asked hundreds of Japanese of all ages and statuses what they think of foreigners wearing kimono, dressing like geisha, doing tea ceremonies or rakugo or whatever, and every single person has said they are ok with it.

Japanese like to share their culture, mainly because it is an amalgamation of several other cultures. They have a weird way of absorbing outside customs and traditions and making them uniquely Japanese. SJWs just look foolish in the eyes of Japanese people, and based Japs are the best ones to push back against them because they can't ignore them the way they ignore whites.

>They may have big bodies, but foreigners sure are narrow-mindedly hung up on small things.”

FUCKING BURN

Especially insane since they're the ones prattling about "cultural diversity" and "melting pot" all the time.
There is nothing more culturally diverse than dressing up in a foreign culture's traditional garb.
A friend of mine is from thailand and at his wedding I dressed up in traditional thai clothes, the thais loved seeing a farang sport that kind of dress and wanted to take photos.

Goes to show that liberals never leave their starbucks bubble, if they actually went out in the world they'd realize that "foreigners" or more specific "locals" in a country where you are foreign take great pride and joy in you taking part in their cultural activities.

>Amnes Siyuan
>Christiana Wang
>Amber Ying
>Aparna "Pampi" Das
Butthurt mud-Asians, chinks and happas. This is why Japan was in the right to colonize the rest of Asia. Untermensch

Even on the article in the OP its some butthurt asian-american dragon called "wang" being offended and triggered.
The only downright terrible asians I've ever met are second generation westernized chinks.
Such a low self esteem and such a huge chip on their shoulder.
Garlic smelling, unelegant house dragons.
None of the virtues and qualities of real asian women and all the worst qualities of western women.

Overly oppinionated americanized asian women were a mistake.

Do you ever get to a point where you think, "Okay, THAT was the dumbest thing they could have done, I won't be surprised anymore." And then a day later you're just wondering how anyone can be so fucking stupid.

Japan is fucking based. We should have nuked Canada instead.

>tfw not part of glorious dainippon teigoku

It's the same for pretty much every culture except black Americans, and even then many of them don't care.

Americans don't get offended when someone wears a cowboy hat.
Brits don't get offended if you wear a top hat
French don't get offended if you wear a striped shirt, or jeans, or a beret, or a bicorne hat
Italians and Greeks don't get offended if you wear robes.
Australians don't get offended if you wear one of their stupid hats and we don't get offended if you wear a sheep on your cock.
In fact most of them would either find it funny or endearing

The only people who get offend is Germans and Jews if you wear nazi stuff

we should've 'accidentally' nuked ourselves.

"Cultural appropriation" is one of the most insane concepts of the left.
Cultures have always been and will always be appropriated - and this is a good thing.

The idea that culture is a thing that "belongs" to a certain group and may not be used by others is actually a rather right-wing concept. But even the most extreme right wing nutcases are not as crazy as the SJW-crowd.

It's not insane, it's really quite clever when you realize that it's a good way to attack and stagnate Western culture.

Yeah.
I dont even know how cultural appropriation even ties into their "diversity" logic anymore when even full blown facists embraced diversity to a higher degree.

LIVE IN A CULTURALLY DIVERSE MIXING POT

BUT DON'T ENJOY ANYTHING FROM OTHER CULTURES YOU RACIST PIECE OF SHIT

It's because, despite their supposed tolerance and inclusivity, they actually can't fathom the concept of different cultures existing. To them, race is about whether you're Asian American, or African American, or White American, etc. They don't care about seeing something from the perspective of ACTUAL Asians.

Anyone outside America (or the West in general) is automatically a "poor minority", even if they live in a first world country where 99% of people share their race.

This blatant hypocrisy is what pisses me off the most about their world view.

Cute
I'm getting awfully tired of manufactured outrage

This is gold.

>cultural appropriation

whats yours is ours, whats ours is ours

The irony is that these insane leftists are enforcing some kind of obsession Cultural purity.

You know what actual Facists did in museums etc.

Not surprising, most Japs love that foreigners like their culture, they're proud of things like this.

Almost all of Japanese don't feel any insult from that pictures. That pictures are amazing.
But I DO feel indignation that hypocritical liberals thinking that Japanese culture is "poor minority" "must be protected" "inferiority".
I never mind any insults for Japanese culture, but I really hate hypocritical liberals.

For real. I wish history had turned out differently.

We should never have been against one another. Tennou Heika banzai, lads.

>So foreigners see this and think it’s racist.
Obvious strawman is obvious. Exactly zero "liberals" call it racist.

No one cares if a hotter-than-blazing-fuck model does anything, actually.