Will the police arrest you if you dont pay your student loans?

>Paying for education that will do nothing to help you get a job

Yepperino, they have debtors prisons for this exact purpose

No. You can legally default on them and go bankrupt. If you just stop paying then they'll take you to prison, but if you declare bankruptcy then they won't. But your credit score will be gone to shit, enjoy never owning a house or a car unless you make enough to purchase it in one go.

No you fucking idiot but the bank can and will garnish your wages from whatever shit job you have. Serves you right for buying somethibg without the ability to pay for it you fucking moron.

No dude, you can't be arrested for unpaid debt. It's not child support...

but what if all the womens degree tier retards default

Nah they can't take you to jail for student debt. But neither can you discharge it through bankruptcy. If you owe long enough they will garnish your taxes. That's their only recourse.

>predatory usuary isn't wrong
>buyer beware!

It's not "what if", it's what most actually do.
Then it costs an arm and a leg to society, since I believe students loan are government guaranteed (otherwise noone would lend such amount to social science students)

I hope Trump ends the government guarantee on student loans, it would absolutely decimate the cucked universities.

That's just false you retard
You can't default student loans and child support payments

>be 19 or 20
>want cool shit that I can't really afford
>get credit card
>buy cool shit
>can't pay back
>take small loan to pay credit card off to stave interest
>pay back but now paying loan payments
>re-max credit card
>take another loan out to clear it
>repeat 3-4 times
>parents move up north from london, I either have to find my own place (no way I can afford) or go up north
>it's grim up north, I'm not going up north
>take out 3x credit cards
>max them the FUCK out
>move out of house into shitty studio flat
>leave no forwarding address, cut up all cards, ask boss to pay me in cash rather than into bank account
>got away with it

The interesting thing is, it's actually pretty fucking hard to bankrupt yourself, here at least. Also, those IVA's actually don't save you enough money on the debt you have to be worth it.

I now have re-set credit history 4 years as of now, using a slightly different name (I use my middle name as a name in a hyphenated surname).
>

yeah but if that many people default wont people start lending to them despite their credit scores?

can't be put in prison for debt (except unpaid child support).

they will garnish your wages. they will try to make you pay an unreasonable amount.

I was poor when i was first trying to pay mine back.

get on a payment plan and keep paying what you can. a lot of federal loans CANNOT be defaulted on so you will have to pay for at least 20 years.

This has nothing to do with predatory lending as much as it has to do with stupid people and their inability to detect that a degree in music theory wont pay off their 50,000 dollar student loan. People should not be able to get loans if they have no credit score.

No you cant, how much do you have OP?

if it's a lot and you're afraid you can't pay it back, and they are mostly federal

go work for a non profit, firefighter, emt, police officer for two years.

file to have your federal student loan debt forgiven.

I had a lot of debt, and was having trouble finding work, so i joined my local police force for this reason. ended up liking the job is all.

>student loans

:)

>Be German
>Pay 550 bucks. Each year.
>Get free ticket for all trains and busses in return
>Get loan from the government if you want to
>only need to pay 50% back

How can ameripoors even compete?

Pretty much this, although it doesn't help that they're basically taking kids who usually don't have any understanding of personal finance and foist these loans onto them, just because that's what people do after high school.

Pretty much this, I just finished my mechanical engineering degree and I have to pay them 6000€ back since I took a loan. I also made 16k from my
part-time-job.

>be German
very funny kerim